On 7/29/2021 at 11:00 AM, Kittenpox said:

There is a version on Schaken-mods, but it also requires a patch mod for SlaveTats made by another author there.

I can't do anything with Shaken-mods site.  I tried to register, never got the confirmation email.  I went back to look and had "Banned!" show up.  Don't know how a guy can get banned during the registration process...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 4:04 AM, xj47 said:

Sounds like it is a problem with the settings not being saved. The settings get loaded from disk, so if your changes don't get saved they aren't being used.
You could try editing the settings file manually. The file is settings.json and for me is located at: C:\Users\<accountName>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\JCUser\rTats
You can edit it with a plain-text editor such as Notepad, the format is very readable.

To cover a few possible scenarios:
1. The folder or file doesn't exist
Create the folder (if necessary) then go into your steam skyrim data folder (for me it's: I:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data), copy "rTatsSettingsTemplate.json" over and rename it to settings.json

2. None of the tattoos you use show up in the settings.json file
Let me know which tattoo packs you have installed

3. You've changed the file but still get the same error message
Please send me the settings.json file so I can take a look

settings.json.json

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this mod even add tattoos? I'm looking in the folder and it doesn't show any.

I'm trying to figure out why the tattoos related to Cuts, Dirt, and Scars do not work. I know the mod is working because in SlaveTats, my only installed tattoo is something to do with having the word "Slave" on it, and I can apply that one just fine via debug, so I assume I have to download tattoos to put into SlaveTats which RapeTattoos can then find and use? Which tattoo pack do I need to install to add Cuts, Dirt, and Scars?

I have noticed when my character gets whipped, I see whip marks on my character, so I think they kind of work, but when using debug and using the MCM Texture Path (Y/N) options, it won't let me add them. The only option I can add that sticks is "Slave" and "Drool" tattoos.

Edited by ReMeDy
2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Does this mod even add tattoos? I'm looking in the folder and it doesn't show any.

It doesn't. It applies tattoos when your character gets raped, but you have to install them separately and, if not already done in the default config, configure the slots they should apply in.

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I have noticed when my character gets whipped, I see whip marks on my character, so I think they kind of work, but when using debug and using the MCM Texture Path (Y/N) options, it won't let me add them. The only option I can add that sticks is "Slave" and "Drool" tattoos.

From what I remember, whip marks are done as decals, not as Racemenu/Slavetats overlays.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone got this set up with tramp stamp and is willing to share the .json? Those packs didn't come with positions on their name so it's borderline impossible to do it manually as loading this mod in MCM takes minutes.

Edit: Well I've done it myself, here's the file:

Edited by MarsDDD
  • 1 month later...
On 3/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, silverfox9260 said:
On 4/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, xj47 said:

Sounds like it is a problem with the settings not being saved. The settings get loaded from disk, so if your changes don't get saved they aren't being used.
You could try editing the settings file manually. The file is settings.json and for me is located at: C:\Users\<accountName>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\JCUser\rTats
You can edit it with a plain-text editor such as Notepad, the format is very readable.

To cover a few possible scenarios:
1. The folder or file doesn't exist
Create the folder (if necessary) then go into your steam skyrim data folder (for me it's: I:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data), copy "rTatsSettingsTemplate.json" over and rename it to settings.json

2. None of the tattoos you use show up in the settings.json file
Let me know which tattoo packs you have installed

3. You've changed the file but still get the same error message
Please send me the settings.json file so I can take a look

Expand  

settings.json.json 59.64 kB · 45 downloads

?Took me forever to get it done.

The file was there for me, but only 1 KB in size.

But now everything works like under LE (or pre AE)

I forgot that files can even be stored there.

Jesus...?

Thx

On 9/18/2022 at 3:27 AM, MysticDaedra said:

'm also having an issue where I cannot check any of the options in the MCM, even after the tattoos have loaded. It's almost like the MCM has frozen... possible that I have too many tats for it to work. Really hoping somebody adopts this mod, since it's fantastic when it works.

You have to wait LONG. I dont even have much tattoos and it take me 3 minutes...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 5:28 PM, dan0477 said:

Not sure if someone can help...i get the message No valid tatoos, but i think its cause i done have the tattoo screen in mcm....see below

The debug mode doesnt apply anything and stave tats does apply a tattoo via its menu.  I have the settings file in the correct JCON users location

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2020.02.23 - 09.27.27.67.png

I have same issue. Only first two menus loading and no tats pages. Tried to install 1.3.0 beta slavetats and disabling almost all tats packs, but it didn't helped. Any suggestions? 

5 hours ago, TU106-400A-A1 said:

I have same issue. Only first two menus loading and no tats pages. Tried to install 1.3.0 beta slavetats and disabling almost all tats packs, but it didn't helped. Any suggestions? 

Rapetattoos can take a l-o-o-o-n-g time to initialize. I mean take a shower, fix dinner, knit a sweater, read a book long. I don't know your setup but I'll give you my experience, it might help.

About my setup: I'm on SE, v. 1.5.97. I have Slavetats 1.3.7SE installed and a lot of tattoo packs. I am using Rapetattoos out of the box, no conversion necessary. I use Vortex mod manager.

Go ahead and install your tattoo packs. You don't want to have to re-initialize rape tattoos a second, third, or fourth time. I don't remember about v. 1.3.0, but with Slavetats 1.3.7 I have to go into the menu and click the button register/add the tattoos in-game. I like to exit the MCM whether Slavetats tells me to or not, and then go back in to open Rapetattoos.

The first 2 screens pop up but you can't make any changes. You just have to wait ... wait ... wait ... and wait some more. (I wasn't kidding about knitting or reading! I did both!). I think it takes so long because it's writing the settings.json file (mine's in "...Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\JCUser\rTats)/

Eventually, the pages of tattoos should come up. Now, hopefully, you can change your menu options and then open the tats pages to categorize your various tattoos.

When you're done, exit the MCM. Make a copy of your settings.json file and put it somewhere safe as backup. Now that it's been written, rather than open Rapetattoos again to re-cateborize your tattoos you can edit settings.json - use Notepad++. That's up to you, though.

Mainly, I wanted to let you know that waiting is a big part of setting up the mod. So, be patient. :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Rapetattoos can take a l-o-o-o-n-g time to initialize. I mean take a shower, fix dinner, knit a sweater, read a book long. I don't know your setup but I'll give you my experience, it might help.

About my setup: I'm on SE, v. 1.5.97. I have Slavetats 1.3.7SE installed and a lot of tattoo packs. I am using Rapetattoos out of the box, no conversion necessary. I use Vortex mod manager.

Go ahead and install your tattoo packs. You don't want to have to re-initialize rape tattoos a second, third, or fourth time. I don't remember about v. 1.3.0, but with Slavetats 1.3.7 I have to go into the menu and click the button register/add the tattoos in-game. I like to exit the MCM whether Slavetats tells me to or not, and then go back in to open Rapetattoos.

The first 2 screens pop up but you can't make any changes. You just have to wait ... wait ... wait ... and wait some more. (I wasn't kidding about knitting or reading! I did both!). I think it takes so long because it's writing the settings.json file (mine's in "...Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\JCUser\rTats)/

Eventually, the pages of tattoos should come up. Now, hopefully, you can change your menu options and then open the tats pages to categorize your various tattoos.

When you're done, exit the MCM. Make a copy of your settings.json file and put it somewhere safe as backup. Now that it's been written, rather than open Rapetattoos again to re-cateborize your tattoos you can edit settings.json - use Notepad++. That's up to you, though.

Mainly, I wanted to let you know that waiting is a big part of setting up the mod. So, be patient. :classic_smile:

No, waiting didnt helped. I've left my pc for over an hour and when I come back nothing appear. Also I can change any other settings in the menu like tattoo chance and everything else, it's not stuck. It looks like tattoos not registering at all. 
I'm on AE 1.653, SlaveTats 1.3.9 (also tried 1.3.7, but not helped) and latest rape tattoos. Almost all packs from SlaveTats file page. And Mod Organizer 2. And I have all tattoos working. I can apply them with slavetats menu and they are working well, so there's can't be a problem, like I have tats not compatible with SE.
And before you say, moving to 1.5.97 isnt an option for me since I have mods which depends on AE skyrim build and wont work with 1.5.97.

9 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

Oh and also, when I was trying to left my pc and let it load all menus, I had only 2 tats packs turned on, with around 30 or 40 tattoos.

Finally I've managed to fix issue with tattoos not registering in Rape Tattoos MCM at all. It's a problem when u have Rape Tattoos MCM working , but you dont have any tattoo pages and when tattoo should be applied u receiving message "No valid tattoos available" or something like that.

It looks like a little incompatibility between this mod and Mod Organizer 2 (maybe I just should check some setting in MO2 to make it work but idk). People who using Vortex have their mods files deployed into the SSE or LE directly, but this way of mod organizing is so memory consumable because u will have mods in mods stagging folder and copies of this mods in your game directory which will x2 files weight. That's why I changed to MO2. MO2 not creating any copies. Instead MO2 managing ur mods inside it's own directory leaving your base game folder clean and saving a lot of memory.

So, I suggesting, this way which is used by MO2 to organize mods keep files in it's own mods directory. And as I see it this mod written to have some scripts inside base game directory data folder. Maybe some scripts refer to files inside Data folder like "write tattoos list inside steam/steamapps/common/SkyrimSpecialEdition/Data. And obviously if youre using MO2 your scripts isnt there. 

The way around this is to place scripts inside your Data folder and add into MO2 only .esp file. And that's how I make it work on my system, I just put everything into Data folder, and added in MO2 RapeTattoos mod which contains only .esp. And now it's working. 

Skyrim AE 1.6.353, Slave Tats 1.3.9.

Hope this will help someone.

(Some key words to make sure that people can find this post with Google: Rape Tattoos problem, Rape Tattos doesnt work, RapeTattoos bug, RapeTattoos no valid tattoos)

Edited by TU106-400A-A1
2 hours ago, TU106-400A-A1 said:

Finally I've managed to fix issue with tattoos not registering in Rape Tattoos MCM at all. It's a problem when u have Rape Tattoos MCM working , but you dont have any tattoo pages and when tattoo should be applied u receiving message "No valid tattoos available" or something like that.

It looks like a little incompatibility between this mod and Mod Organizer 2 (maybe I just should check some setting in MO2 to make it work but idk).

I've been using MO2 with this mod for a year or two. There's no incompatibility between them, although the MCM does take a long time to scan through all the tattoos and populate the lists - the template that comes with the mod has almost 900 tattoos in it, and then it also has to check what tattoos you have installed for anything not already in the list. Papyrus is slow, especially so when it's iterating over hundreds of entries.

This mod also doesn't write anything to the data folder - it writes its settings to the documents folder.

3 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

I've been using MO2 with this mod for a year or two. There's no incompatibility between them, although the MCM does take a long time to scan through all the tattoos and populate the lists - the template that comes with the mod has almost 900 tattoos in it, and then it also has to check what tattoos you have installed for anything not already in the list. Papyrus is slow, especially so when it's iterating over hundreds of entries.

This mod also doesn't write anything to the data folder - it writes its settings to the documents folder.

But I have rTatsSettingsTemplate.json and also some scripts inside scripts folder in Data directory. And the mod started working after I placed these files inside Data folder manually. Idk, just sharing kinda my way around this problem.

And no, mod wasnt started work after I placed just rTatsSettingsTemplate.json in Data. I've tried and nothing. And then I placed everything from mod to Data.

image.png.e9e6ae3f018e0be4cf5694b9b3dbcb88.png

Edited by TU106-400A-A1

I don't mind the long initialization / check time but what's the deal with not even registering the other tat packs even exist? I seem to only have access to a handful actual usable tats while having many packs ready and seem to be in same location game file-wise. v1.4.7 SE1.5.97 somebody pls help me out because idk.