Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

On the one hand it does make sense, but on the other it is a change* compared to how the DD filter has done things in the past.

Yes and no. In the past, plugs would not remain inside unless covered with a belt, so the filter didn't need to check for plugs, as nobody could wear them unless they were also belted. That got changed a while back, but the filter didn't get updated.

So, I think it's more in "fix" territory. ;)

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

Intended behavior is that the filter should catch all SexLab animations, no matter which mod started them. DD mods can use the framework API to call valid animations for bound characters in the first place, so the filter would never have to replace any animation, ever. DCL does that (which is probably why I didn't notice for weeks that the filter isn't even working, lol). Mods do not have to update to or be aware of DD5 to invoke/use the filter. It should work with -any- SexLab mod.

Preventing awkward situations is why the filter exists in the first place, btw. ;)

People who totally don't ever want to watch any bound animations can uncheck the "Use Bound Animations" MCM toggle. In which case the filter would just making sure that chastity devices and gags are respected.

Speaking about filter and toggles - how about making an actor gender check optional, based on MCM toggle? ?

Also, speaking of plugs - as a suggestion, maybe non-lockable ones can be treated same way as panel gag plug - taken out and then replaced? Of course, if not wearing belt or belt permits this.

@Kimy Well did some animation filter testing with the full version of Beta 9. Seemed to be working well for the most part. Open chastity belts were blocking vaginal and allowing anal animations. Ball gags were blocking oral animations while panel/ring gags were still allowing oral animations. The only major issue was with the pet suit as there didn't seem to be any filtering for devices. Checked zadBQ00.psc and discovered there was indeed no device filtering for the pet suit.

Here's the snippet of code for the pet suit:

Spoiler

If HasPetSuit(a)
		if !b.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage) && permitVaginal
			i = Utility.RandomInt(0,3)			
			If i == 0
				return SexLab.GetAnimationObject("DD_B_PS_Doggy")	
			ElseIf i == 1
				return SexLab.GetAnimationObject("DD_B_PS_DoggyA")	
			ElseIf i == 2
				return SexLab.GetAnimationObject("DD_B_PS_DT")	
			ElseIf i == 3
				return SexLab.GetAnimationObject("DD_B_PS_Miss")	
			EndIf
		EndIf
	EndIf	

So I edited that code segment, managing to avoid creating a black hole when compiling the script, and tested the results in-game. The device filtering while wearing a pet suit appears to working well, I even accounted for a female partner with a strap-on. Here's the altered code:

Spoiler

If HasPetSuit(a)
		if !b.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage)
			; free partner
			;check if partner is a male
			If b.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 0
				if permitVaginal
					i = Utility.RandomInt(0,1)			
					If i == 0
					ElseIf i == 1
					EndIf
				ElseIf permitOral	
					return SexLab.GetAnimationObject("DD_B_PS_DT")	
				ElseIf permitAnal	
				EndIf
			Else
				if permitVaginal
					i = Utility.RandomInt(0,1)			
					If i == 0
					ElseIf i == 1
					EndIf
				ElseIf permitAnal	
				EndIf
			EndIf
		EndIf
	EndIf	

After my little victory I checked the other code segments for the heavy bondage devices and altered or added some more filtering. For the armbinder I moved "DDZapArmbDoggy01" to a new Permit Anal condition. Why did I do this? There was no anal animation for the armbinder plus in zadSLBoundAnims.psc the "DDZapArmbDoggy01" animation has various "anal" tags, not "vaginal". That meant to me it was supposed to have been an anal animation.

Also for the armbinder and yoke I moved both kissing animation entries out of the Permit Oral condition and put the animation in a new Else condition that's placed after every other condition. This way if a character is wearing devices that block every hole then the kissing animation is now a fall-back if every other condition fails while locked in an armbinder or yoke. Every other device I just added conditions that allow for a female NPC's with a strap-on to have fun with a restrained PC.

I did have to make some changes to the various Function blocks in zadSLBoundAnims.psc so female PC-female NPC scenes could work correctly. It was mainly adding "strapon = True" to the male positions that didn't have them. The biggest change I did was fix some of the Function blocks for the pet suit animations. For "DD_B_PS_DoggyA" I made sure it was given "anal" tags. For "DD_B_PS_DT" I added "oral" tags and added "silent = True, openMouth = True" to the female positions.

I believe I tested just about all these changes in-game, the only issue I had was with the changes to zadSLBoundAnims.psc. At first I didn't notice any changes with the pet suit animations then I figured I had to start a new game or at least load a save before the DD Framework initialized. Before the animations are created or whatever. So I started a new game and tested again, the changes I made in zadSLBoundAnims.psc worked this time. The changes to the device and gender filtering appeared to work well, too.

Hopefully this was okay to do. Here's the .psc files for Kimy:

zadBQ00.psc zadSLBoundAnims.psc

And here's the .pex files if anyone wants to test these changes:

zadBQ00.pex zadSLBoundAnims.pex

You have to start a new game or load a save before DD initialized to see the changes from zadSLBoundAnims.pex, you won't get the changes in an existing game (unless I'm doing something wrong).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I removed "DDZapYokeForeplay01" from the yoke section in zadBQ00.psc. The animation seems broken or it just doesn't work correctly. My character would just stand in place and do nothing while the NPC would be on the ground.

12 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

What's with users that don't want any filtering for any reason (workarounds, conflicts, personal ideas how their Skyrim should look like and behave, prevent awkward situations)?

For Shout Like a Virgin (SLaV), my install instructions strongly recommend turning all DD animation filters off. Let me explain...

I'm back now, working on a release, but I've had a 2 year skyrim break and have not tested extensively with DD current release, nor tried the DD5 beta yet, so I'm speaking from experience with prior versions. For prior versions the filters would break things in some cases, and in others make the experience poor, as I will try to explain...

In SLaV you wear devices ALOT. Personally my playthrough will have no access to vaginal or anal 99% of the time, if you include plugs. I think the average user would be in the 70 to 90 percent range using SLaV. SLaV frequently invokes 3-some, 4-some, 5-some animations, likely more than any other mod. With the prior DD versions, the filter had a rough time with these and mostly ended up with a mixture of very poor results including not playing anything, or just breaking the group up into individual or couple scenes which is by design, but still a poor user experience in my opinion, particularly because you see Sexlab TRY first to start the group sex, then it gets interrupted.

A major feature of SLaV is the Love Shout. You "love enemies to death" and end up shouting at large groups, thus you trigger many 3-some, 4-some, 5-some animations. Combined with the chaos of combat, the problems mentioned above make the scene a mess. With the filter off, not so. And if you use creature animations, the love shout works for them too, but with the filter on it breaks creatures almost always in my testing.

So I decided long ago to think about how a device protects your virginity differently. The mod does not consider you to have lost virginity if a device is there, regardless of what animation played. The protection is magical and its the act of wearing that device during love making that prevents virginity loss, instead of inspecting which animation played. The alternative is not practical. In the absence of hundreds more bound animations, the DD filter, even if working perfectly, is too limiting.

Also, SLaV has a great number of scenes that play sex animations without using SexLab (the mod does it on it's own). If I were to try to "filter" them, I'd have no animations to play. So having the other scenes that use SexLab , get filtered, is inconsistent.

To summarize, I recommend DD filters all off when using SLaV, for these reasons:

1. In SLaV, 3-somes, 4-somes, 5-somes are frequent. Animations too limited for non-vaginal/anal, to be practical
  2. Breaks most cases of creature
  3. Too many cases where scenes will have no animation to play. When this happens the user thinks its broken, even when its actually working as intended
  4. Even in the less troublesome cases, you end up with the same animation played over and over, and very little variety

Note: like stated above, I'm speaking of pre-current and beta releases. That said, even with the perfect DD filter, and todays increased number of available animations, only #2 can be resolved.

I think I read somewhere that DD5 will have no means to turn the animation filter off. Is this true?

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Now that was what I feared.

Yes, that was the part I never liked from DCL and made so many SL scenes from DCL fail (switched where possible DCL triggered SL scenes off).

So basically you made DDi and addon to DCL, which is bad for a Framework.

I can decide to use DCL or not, it effects only one mod.

I can't choose what I use with a framework, because many mods are effected.

Alright, moving along. ?

Sorry, I don't get that. Starting with the idea where DCL made SL scenes "fail". It's basically using the DD filter to pick valid animations. So if the filter has bugs (which we now know it did), it would obviously affect DCL, too. The fix I published yesterday for the DD filter should therefore improve DCL, too.

DCL itself does exactly -nothing- that affects DD from its end, so why am I getting accused to have made DD an addon to DCL, when that's clearly not the case? DCL is a DD content mod like any other. The only advantage DCL might have is that its author knows the DD framework code better than most. The API function DCL is using to set up SL scenes is a part of DD. ANY DD mod can use it. And I actually recommend doing so in the DD documentation.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

For Shout Like a Virgin (SLaV), my install instructions strongly recommend turning all DD animation filters off. Let me explain...

I'm back now, working on a release, but I've had a 2 year skyrim break and have not tested extensively with DD current release, nor tried the DD5 beta yet, so I'm speaking from experience with prior versions. For prior versions the filters would break things in some cases, and in others make the experience poor, as I will try to explain...

In SLaV you wear devices ALOT. Personally my playthrough will have no access to vaginal or anal 99% of the time, if you include plugs. I think the average user would be in the 70 to 90 percent range using SLaV. SLaV frequently invokes 3-some, 4-some, 5-some animations, likely more than any other mod. With the prior DD versions, the filter had a rough time with these and mostly ended up with a mixture of very poor results including not playing anything, or just breaking the group up into individual or couple scenes which is by design, but still a poor user experience in my opinion, particularly because you see Sexlab TRY first to start the group sex, then it gets interrupted.

A major feature of SLaV is the Love Shout. You "love enemies to death" and end up shouting at large groups, thus you trigger many 3-some, 4-some, 5-some animations. Combined with the chaos of combat, the problems mentioned above make the scene a mess. With the filter off, not so. And if you use creature animations, the love shout works for them too, but with the filter on it breaks creatures almost always in my testing.

So I decided long ago to think about how a device protects your virginity differently. The mod does not consider you to have lost virginity if a device is there, regardless of what animation played. The protection is magical and its the act of wearing that device during love making that prevents virginity loss, instead of inspecting which animation played. The alternative is not practical. In the absence of hundreds more bound animations, the DD filter, even if working perfectly, is too limiting.

Also, SLaV has a great number of scenes that play sex animations without using SexLab (the mod does it on it's own). If I were to try to "filter" them, I'd have no animations to play. So having the other scenes that use SexLab , get filtered, is inconsistent.

To summarize, I recommend DD filters all off when using SLaV, for these reasons:

1. In SLaV, 3-somes, 4-somes, 5-somes are frequent. Animations too limited for non-vaginal/anal, to be practical
  3. Too many cases where scenes will have no animation to play. When this happens the user thinks its broken, even when its actually working as intended
  4. Even in the less troublesome cases, you end up with the same animation played over and over, and very little variety

Note: like stated above, I'm speaking of pre-current and beta releases. That said, even with the perfect DD filter, and todays increased number of available animations, only #2 can be resolved.

I think I read somewhere that DD5 will have no means to turn the animation filter off. Is this true?

In short, the new recommendation for your mod would be to tell users to uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in DD's MCM when playing your mod. This will make DD hide wrist restraints and just make sure that any chastity devices or gags are respected. It will otherwise use all registered SLAL animations normally, including the  ones featuring multiple actors. It will solve all four points you raised, provided you leave SOME "access" open on the character. If you use DD devices that would realistically prevent all imaginable intercourse, the result would realistically be no intercourse. And DD is all -about- implementing realistically behaving devices, so it's just doing what it's supposed to do, no?

DD5 should also solve #2 regardless of the MCM settings, because if it encounters scenes featuring creatures, the new code will just hide wrist restraints as if "Use Bound Animations" is unchecked and make sure gags/chastity is respected. I am obviously not going to test creature stuff, but the code should leave creature animations mostly alone now.

But yes, the filter can no longer be deactivated overall. It does some things I consider essential for DD working correctly/as intended.

2 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the suggestions! I will have a looksie later!  :)

11 minutes ago, Kimy said:

It will solve all four points you raised, provided you leave SOME "access" open on the character.

Kimy, but that's the problem. Without widespread changes to SLaV's features and storyline, there will NOT be "some access" more than half the time you play the mod. The mod's playability counts on being able to turn the amination filter off. The removal of that feature is a VERY significant problem for me. It's making me wonder if I should even maintain it if it's about to become incompatible and broken with the framework it requires. Could you please reconsider?

2 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Kimy, but that's the problem. Without widespread changes to SLaV's features and storyline, there will NOT be "some access" more than half the time you play the mod. The mod's playability counts on being able to turn the amination filter off. The removal of that feature is a VERY significant problem for me. It's making me wonder if I should even maintain it if it's about to become incompatible and broken with the framework it requires. Could you please reconsider?

I have no desire to break your mod. However, creating features that at least partially rely on users disabling parts of the framework it's based on - which will disable said features for ALL currently installed DD mods, not just yours - is also a bit of an...interesting design decision, no?

I am not going roll back that decision. In addition that I really don't see the point of disabling parts of what DD is supposed to do (which is making restraints actually working similar to how they would in real life), there were mods out there (not yours) that deliberately implemented code to disable and supersede DD's filter with their own, and doing so in such a dysfunctional way that made users send ME bug reports about it. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of other mods breaking my stuff and me getting bug reports for that. It's really a pet-peeve of mine.

BUT:

I am going to ponder on a solution for your mod, though. I suppose a keyword for your devices telling the filter to treat it as if it wouldn't be there at all should solve the problem? This would be the cleaner solution, because it would leave the filter working for OTHER mods, even if yours is installed.

3 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I am going to ponder on a solution for your mod, though. I suppose a keyword for your devices telling the filter to treat it as if it wouldn't be there at all should solve the problem? This would be the cleaner solution, because it would leave the filter working for OTHER mods, even if yours is installed.

Thank you!

In hindsight, maybe I made the wrong choice of using a DD feature that allowed the devices to behave not very realistically. I justified it as the devices "magically" prevent loss of virginity, even with intercourse. The option was available to design it this way, and I did not see an alternative because there were not (and still are not) enough animations to make group sex viable if I did not go this way.

And yes the animation filter, needing to be turned off, for people who do not read instructions, has never been great, nor the fact that they turn it off for all mods. A keyword (maybe "MagicalProtection" lol) solution could be best. I'm trying to ponder and see if I can offer any other suggestion. Will keep thinking on that. I was starting to think I could remove the keywords on Virgin Devices that tell DD it's chastity ect. making something called a Chastity Device, not actually one to DD, but this would come with loss of other DD features that I DO want, and other complications I'm sure. 

4 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

I was starting to think I could remove the keywords on Virgin Devices that tell DD it's chastity ect. making something called a Chastity Device, not actually one to DD, but this would come with loss of other DD features that I DO want, and other complications I'm sure. 

That would NOT work well, because other mods equipping devices would think the device slot is actually free for grabs and lock their own chastity gear on it, clashing with yours.

I will think about the keyword solution a bit more, but right now I can't come up with a reason why it wouldn't work. :)

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

I can confirm this on my games too if I leave the filters on.

25 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Why not use the solution that existed already? Filters can be deactivated completely and provide compatibility for all mods that way.

The same issues VirginMarie's mod has with the filter will hit any mod that will keep the player in devices for a longer time.

31 minutes ago, Kimy said:

there were mods out there (not yours) that deliberately implemented code to disable and supersede DD's filter with their own,

No surprise if the filter is bad, no?

13 minutes ago, OOH SHINY! said:

The same issues VirginMarie's mod has with the filter will hit any mod that will keep the player in devices for a longer time.

Her mod has a really unique way to use devices. I doubt that it's a very common one, really. And as I already said, I am going to solve that issue for her.

No surprise if the filter is bad, no?

If I'd agree with that opinion I'd write a better one. It works just fine though, thank you. And if the other person's solution would be so much better than mine, I'd not have gotten various bug reports from people using it.

43 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I will think about the keyword solution a bit more, but right now I can't come up with a reason why it wouldn't work. :)

Adding my own 2 cents, I also think the solution of a keyword to have the filter ignore the device sounds like a good compromise.

So you wanted feedback on the bodyslide from UNP users regards group filters... There are still quite a few of them and they are separated to DDA and DDX. I expected just an all-in-one group like "Devious Devices". You can't leave anything out so might aswell build them all right?

bodyslide3.jpg.7fe49e91a1fcf13f5921100860d33432.jpg

Edit: Oh i only downloaded the latest beta 9, were the bodyslide files not included? ... Nevermind.

i did check around for popular mods, sorting through over a thousand pages of posts where people posted their Load Orders lol. good way to really see what mods people are using that may use DD's as a framework. now, i don't do Beastiality, so i skipped anything related to that as i don't know those at all since i don't use them. but for the most part, on both SE and LE, these seem to be the most popular and used BDSM mods which possibly use DD, and are not supported currently. some of these have question marks because i wasn't sure on either of those 2 points.

but looking at this list.. there's gonna be a crapload of popular BDSM mods breaking once DD5 is released. and that would defeat the purpose of gamers being able to enjoy the game the way we want to, thanks to the hard work those modders put into those mods, even if they aren't around. take those out of the equation, and you're essentially turning the BDSM scene almost into a DD monopoly in a way. (i am not saying this to be insulting or rude, only to be objective and presenting a possible perception only)

that HAS to be some way to make this work so it doesn't break the gameplay experience and alienate all those mods which DD5 will most likely break.

Slaverun
SD+
Devious Lore
Devious Stories
Immerslave
Deviously Enslaved
CCAS
City Bondage
Slave Girl by Hydragorgon
DFW
Devious Carriages
Kziibt toolkit / BDSM Maid(?)
interactive BDSM (?)
Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps
Devious Cidhna
Devious Captures (?)
Deviously Helpless
Sexlab Defeat (?)
Sexlab Submit (?)
Abduction (?)
Kidnapped Redux

vigilants of stendarr

captured dreams

(not sure on maria eden, mia's lair or slave of tamriel though)

(i am sure i am missing some here, but you get the idea..)

On 10/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, donttouchmethere said:

The new SliderGroup file for UUNP works for me (while building BRRF separately).

No invisible devices so far and also the glove/corsets/hobble skirts/suits fit the UUNP special body.

Saves a lot of clicking =D

Reveal hidden contents

275817320_enb2020_10_2607_14_09_42.jpg.2065c873b39d4a09168a771c5634a8e0.jpg

All DD restrictive boot variations clip since DD5beta

Reveal hidden contents

1435768634_enb2020_10_2607_06_34_00.jpg.d92a0b8c22a451fe580b110da94cf72e.jpg

761575471_enb2020_10_2607_11_34_38.jpg.57afa5af1476458433b7cf11b00a93f4.jpg

1032966134_enb2020_10_2607_20_54_91.jpg.3ec09002aaaf6b893608fdff44a120e9.jpg

I can't confirm that. I use a custom preset for UUNP-HDT body.

Spoiler

boots.jpg.812c3a8d61122ae48a26e4e074606b9f.jpg

Edit: About the list of mods, i only use Devious Lore and Devious Carriages. The most others are a bit "iffy" as in discarded, unsupported or never really were compatible to begin with.

16 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Edit: About the list of mods, i only use Devious Lore and Devious Carriages. The most others are a bit "iffy" as in discarded, unsupported or never really were compatible to begin with.

actually the majority on that list do work for the most but are unsupported yes, which is the point of this list. so then no one really knows if any of these will break and to what degree yet am i to assume ?

4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

but looking at this list.. there's gonna be a crapload of popular BDSM mods breaking once DD5 is released. and that would defeat the purpose of gamers being able to enjoy the game the way we want to, thanks to the hard work those modders put into those mods, even if they aren't around. take those out of the equation, and you're essentially turning the BDSM scene almost into a DD monopoly in a way. (i am not saying this to be insulting or rude, only to be objective and presenting a possible perception only)

Wow...ok...so...

You caught me! I guess I need to confess!

In addition to all of the above, DD5 will

- Run away with your date

- Randomly kill kittens

- Steal all beer from your fridge

- Alert Ethiopian hackers to your location

- Crash a nearby asteroid into Earth

and last but not least:

- Hand over your soul to Molag Bal

I am sure I am missing some here, but you get the idea.

(I really love your idea to implement DD changes to break mods that don't even use DD btw. And about half of the ones on your list do not. I am sure to make good use of that idea in my eternal strive for world domination!)

4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

As as gal who worked project management for many many moons this is one of the dumbest things I have read in years.

A) No one is FORCING you to upgrade. You can stick with the old version of the software and so GaMeRz CaN EnJoY iT StiLl.

B) Software upgrades break dependencies. I guess Android should have stuck with Version 1 and called it a day since them making it so the OS could put apps into a  'sleep' mode at the time broke almost every app on the storefront.

... oh wait that didnt happen and they ran a big beta and let devs update ahead of time just like Kimy is doing; the fact that we even get a public beta instead of "LoL hope this doesnt break a savegame l8r is better than 99% of skyrim mods".

C) This update is amazing for most general use. Equipping devices is so much faster in this version, and any mod that adds new features or improves old ones is almost always going to break something somewhere. Had we had no updates since kimy took over with help from others with new devices and animations we would have a very bland chastity belt, corset and boots. WoW. That is gonna keep the community cummming back.
D) A lot of the mods you listed are abandoned and don't work great anywho. For example I LOVE Trapped in Rubber, it is probably up there for my top 2 Devious Devices Mod of all time (**Tied** up with DCL)

E) It is literally a FREE mod with, I am going to estimate, 10-15k individual lines, plus editing records  (Basing this off the Git of DDi from 2019) That is bigger than the first revision of minecraft. Hell the file path page on that mod is 500 lines. Not fun. AND ON TOP OF THAT it isnt a one woman show she works with really talented modders like Heretical, MaikCG, Pincopallino, Feuertin and El Duderino this is  a shit ton of work.

So in short just chill and be grateful.

So that this is on topic my version of DD5 is having triggers show up as "You trip over your heels" but nothing happens

7 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i did check around for popular mods, sorting through over a thousand pages of posts where people posted their Load Orders lol. good way to really see what mods people are using that may use DD's as a framework. now, i don't do Beastiality, so i skipped anything related to that as i don't know those at all since i don't use them. but for the most part, on both SE and LE, these seem to be the most popular and used BDSM mods which possibly use DD, and are not supported currently. some of these have question marks because i wasn't sure on either of those 2 points.

that HAS to be some way to make this work so it doesn't break the gameplay experience and alienate all those mods which DD5 will most likely break.

Slaverun
SD+
Devious Lore
Devious Stories
Immerslave
Deviously Enslaved
CCAS
City Bondage
Slave Girl by Hydragorgon
DFW
Devious Carriages
Kziibt toolkit / BDSM Maid(?)
interactive BDSM (?)
Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps
Devious Cidhna
Devious Captures (?)
Deviously Helpless
Sexlab Defeat (?)
Sexlab Submit (?)
Abduction (?)
Kidnapped Redux

vigilants of stendarr

captured dreams

(not sure on maria eden, mia's lair or slave of tamriel though)

You mention a lot of mods here but actually not so many mod related to DD5.

Slaverun: May have problem, i have not enough knowledge about that mod.

SD+: The slave part is not related to DD. Maybe the way it equip devices could have problem. The Springan items may broke.

Devious Lore: Since Kimy change the way to find items in DB, Devious Lore obviously need a patches to fix the search method.

Devious Stories: Is that a mod or a story????

Immerslave: Definately no problem at all. That mod check item in DDi and not DDe so it will work fine.

Deviously Enslaved: Maybe

CCAS: DD is optional mod. Same requirement for Immerslave so it may work fine

City Bondage: This mod use a custom set of restrains and it should work fine on it own. But may have some problem when interact with.

Slave Girl by Hydragorgon: The newest version is non-scripted DD items so it completely fine.

DFW: Thar is a very very old mod that come with tons of bug. 

Devious Carriages: Maybe

Kziibt toolkit / BDSM Maid(?): this is not related to DD

interactive BDSM (?): It use devices in ZAP and maybe it will not work with DDC. But DD5 did nothing to the mod.

Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps: this is not related to DD

Devious Cidhna: Obviously have some issue. 

Devious Captures (?): Outdated

Deviously Helpless: Maybe

Sexlab Defeat (?): maybe
Sexlab Submit (?): maybe
Abduction (?): maybe

Kidnapped Redux: Maybe

vigilants of stendarr: Maybe. i have not enough knowledge about that mod.

captured dreams: That mod is dead a long time ago when DD4 come out

So most mod may have problem with DD5 are actually well active right now and I think once DD5 fully come out they will have an uodate wtihin a month. 

PS: You forget some mod like Devious Vanilla, S.L.U.T.S redux,... Those are the mods that already up for adoption and work very well with most other DD4 mod. DD5 may break them i fear. But the same problem come for Capture Dream, someone will take over it place if they decided to left like Laura's shop. 

Just be grateful and move on. Maybe you could stick to DD4 like me and wait for a few month before all others mod also move to DD5

3 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

You mention a lot of mods here but actually not so many mod related to DD5.

Slaverun: May have problem, i have not enough knowledge about that mod.

SD+: The slave part is not related to DD. Maybe the way it equip devices could have problem. The Springan items may broke.

Devious Lore: Since Kimy change the way to find items in DB, Devious Lore obviously need a patches to fix the search method.

Devious Stories: Is that a mod or a story????

Immerslave: Definately no problem at all. That mod check item in DDi and not DDe so it will work fine.

Deviously Enslaved: Maybe

CCAS: DD is optional mod. Same requirement for Immerslave so it may work fine

City Bondage: This mod use a custom set of restrains and it should work fine on it own. But may have some problem when interact with.

Slave Girl by Hydragorgon: The newest version is non-scripted DD items so it completely fine.

DFW: Thar is a very very old mod that come with tons of bug. 

Devious Carriages: Maybe

Kziibt toolkit / BDSM Maid(?): this is not related to DD

interactive BDSM (?): It use devices in ZAP and maybe it will not work with DDC. But DD5 did nothing to the mod.

Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps: this is not related to DD

Devious Cidhna: Obviously have some issue. 

Devious Captures (?): Outdated

Deviously Helpless: Maybe

Sexlab Defeat (?): maybe
Sexlab Submit (?): maybe
Abduction (?): maybe

Kidnapped Redux: Maybe

vigilants of stendarr: Maybe. i have not enough knowledge about that mod.

captured dreams: That mod is dead a long time ago when DD4 come out

So most mod may have problem with DD5 are actually well active right now and I think once DD5 fully come out they will have an uodate wtihin a month. 

PS: You forget some mod like Devious Vanilla, S.L.U.T.S redux,... Those are the mods that already up for adoption and work very well with most other DD4 mod. DD5 may break them i fear. But the same problem come for Capture Dream, someone will take over it place if they decided to left like Laura's shop. 

Just be grateful and move on. Maybe you could stick to DD4 like me and wait for a few month before all others mod also move to DD5

you know, thanks for this. at least someone did get what i was trying to do. this is helpful.

as for the other 2 replies. i also worked IT, i was a QA Lead and a System Analyst. and what i did was do an "application impact" assessment. which is a common and thorough process to assess the impact of changes. the fact that the responses were not objective, and more defensive than anything, tells me more than i needed to know. i obviously wasted my time doing this, i expected better.

i am glad though that someone actually got what i was trying to get at, and went further than i expected. so at least i am appreciative of that. thank you hungvipbcsok