[WIP] Traps, Pitfalls and Dangerous Things

Hello Jim,

I have some issues with v0.7 alpha

Issue 1:

I found a script conflict with Legacy of the Dragonborn mod.

defaultghostscript.psc

Is it possible to rename this or solve the conflict in some other way?

Issue 2:

I entered Bits and Pieces (a shop in Solitude) and it was trapped. I really don't think these areas should be automatically trapped. :)

Have a nice day,

M

Actually I shouldn't have packed the defaultghostscript in at all as it is a core script by Bethesda. To be fair, Legay of the Dragonborn also shouldn't have packed it :) I'll remove it in the next version :) On the plus side there shouldn't be any real conflict as the script should be the same (unless Legacy changes it...which would be naughty!)

The other issues are to do with Forts being trappable now. Just go into the MCM and turn Forts off and all should be good.

I found some weird behavior with the latest v0.70. First my house in Whiterun was trapped and then a swarm of spiders appeared in the Bannered Mare causing a lot of havok. I have the fort option unticked and tested also to tick and untick it again but it didn't help.

EDIT: I also noticed that the earlier bug I had with some of the other mods thinking that the trap layer is a follower seems to be gone. Haven't tested with all the mods yet.

EDIT 2: Noticed that when I enter my home the first message says that it's a non trappable area and nothing happens. Then some time later the trap layer is reactivated and probably that causes the problem. I'm not totally sure about this but this is how it seems to happen.

It's definitely the Forts option. The traps were probably already set before you turned the MCM option off.

I changed the trap layer to a wisp instead of a human which is probably why the follower issue has sorted itself...yay!

Everytime the trap layer restarts it should go through the same location checks and should always succeed or fail depending on the area.

I doubt it is the fort option. I got another message in my Whiterun house saying something like "trap layer has moved far enough, setting a new trap" and then a brand new trap appeared. Both options, trap forts and trap layer active, were unticked. I will try to uninstall and reinstall this mod in case there are some leftovers from the older version.

EDIT: So, I made a clean save and it seems to have fixed the issue. Funny thing is that when I reinstalled this mod and loaded my cleaned save in my Whiterun house, I got about 10 message cycles in a row (trap layer has moved far enough... setting a new trap...) but this time without actual traps and it stopped spamming these messages when I went outside and came back. So I would say a clean save is recommended ;) .

Thanks for the quick update. So the Shops/homes should be okay now?

Also, what happens to the buildings which already got traps? Like Bits and Pieces shop.

Theoretically they should disappear when the cell is unloaded. (Basically if you get far enough away, if I'm correct.)

Practically you could try the resetinterior command, not sure if that removes the traps though.

Alternatively you can target and remove them with the disable command i guess, though i'm not sure that's the correct way to do that - markfordelete command might be a better one, or maybe both.

Hi

1) changing the trap layer to a wisp has solved my problem of detecting it, thank you jim

2) ive got the same thing as Julius, i am at my home in whiterun, the top left screen is saying that the traplayer is putting new traps and spawning mobs but...

i dont see any trap or mobs in the house.  I will have to test some more but it seems that even if it says that she is laying trap she doesnt.  I will have to go to other place to see

I made a clean save to be sure there wouldnt be any leftover script

thank you jim for the fast update

Edit : college of magic had traps and mobs it activated after it said that the traplayer was quitting out and then reactivated itself

Same thing for the drunken huntsman

It seems to detect that it shouldnt put trap but after quitting, it restart and do it anyway

Know this may of been asked already, but any chance we can get a version without requiring Devious Devices? Personally I don't wanna have to install it just to run this neat mod and personally don't really get any joy from those myself =/ they just complicate the game and get in the way for me (I know kinda the point of this mod, but still I find them over the top for a lot of situations =/)

The rest of the effects from this mod sound really neat though. :)

I am thinking of doing a vanilla version as the Devious Device traps are only a tiny bit of the mod now.

Yes, please. Seconded, thirded and fourthed from the depths of my heart. The DD hard requirement has been keeping me from using this otherwise nice mod ever since it was introduced in back when.

BTW: How about making DD a soft requirement instead of maintaining a DD and a vanilla version of the mod? Vinfamy's SL Kidnapped, for example, has/had a DD soft requirement, meaning that if you had DD installed, it'd give you additional content, but if you hadn't, it would run anyway. Sounds like less of a maintaining hassle for the modder to me.

I spoke too soon and the problem persists. I played some more and the traps and mobs are still spawning at least in taverns, halls of Jarls and in the Halls of Death. It doesn't happen every time/round. Sometimes it says that the area is not trappable and in the next "round" traps or mobs appear. What I have noticed that it has never happened to me when I enter an area. It always happens after some time when I for example talk with someone and after the message "trap layer has stuck, setting new traps" or "trap layer has moved far enough" appears.

I did a clean save then installed 0.71 while in Bits and Pieces.  I got a continuous loop of messages about Spawning New Mob and Setting NewTrap.  When I went upstairs there was a pressure plate trap underneath the strong box.

First error in my log, while the game was still loading, was this (repeated nine times):

[05/28/2017 - 10:04:40AM] ERROR: Cannot call PlaceAtMe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias Container2000000000000000000 on quest _TAPTrapContainers (CF0DA3ED)]._TAPTrapContainerScript.OnInit() - "_TAPTrapContainerScript.psc" Line 11

Then, right after load finished:

[05/28/2017 - 10:04:48AM] ERROR: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 24
[05/28/2017 - 10:04:48AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 24
[05/28/2017 - 10:04:48AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetCurrentLocation() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.setTrap() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 150
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 37
[05/28/2017 - 10:04:48AM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.setTrap() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 152
[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 37

And I think these are the first log entries of that loop:

[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] ERROR: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetCurrentLocation() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 55
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 41
[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 59
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 41
[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp12"
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 59
[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 64
[05/28/2017 - 10:05:14AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp13"
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 64
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 69

Hope this helps!  One part of a problem might be that the script could be running too early and the player isn't actually in a location yet?

**** SIGNIFICANT UPDATE ****

New version up. Please note that the new version DOES NOT require SexLab or Devious Devices - Integration. It is designed to work with vanilla Skyrim as long as you have all the DLC and Fuz. As such, quite a lot of the scripts have been changed so please consider doing a clean install when upgrading.

For the moment I have removed all Devious Device content from this version while I work on soft dependency, so please bear with me as I get that sorted. I have left the old version up just for those who really really want Devious Device content.

The new version includes a lot of fixes...

1. I have removed Forts from trappable areas...they were just a nightmare! The only valid trappable location are locations tagged as clearable.

2. I have updated the waypoint generator for the Trap Layer so that waypoints can include "Locked" items as well as doorways. This should help the trap layer make more logical progression through a dungeon and also should help traps appear closer to significant chests!

3. The Trap Layer AI has been updated so that if they get stuck then they will warp to the next waypoint rather than the quest restarting. This should cut down on stacked traps etc and allow the trap layer to completely travel through the level.

4. The Trap Layer can also detect if they have fallen through the floor (which can happen when warping) or for some reason have ended up a long way from the next way point. In this situation they will try to warp back to the last waypoint. If this kind of critical failure occurs more than 3 times then the quest will shut down. There is an option in the MCM to allow it to auto-restart in this event.

5. There is now an MCM option to turn off the debug messages.

Unfortunately I still get similar behavior.  I started with a clean save (saved, quit, deactivated, loaded, saved, quit, ran savetool to remove empty scripts and #s, loaded & saved again, enabled .7.5).  I get a continuous cycle of "setting newtrap, waiting for trap layer to move, trap layer have moved far enough, distance to waypoint 0.000000" in my notification log.  My character was standing outside on a road, outside, a bit east of Whiterun.

One interesting thing is that I'm using the Continue Game No Crash (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/) mod, and that basically does "coc qasmoke" then immediately loads your intended savegame.  It completely eliminates the FootIK crash on load, which is amazing, but I wonder how qasmoke is defined and if briefly entering that zone could confuse the trap system.

The MCM menu when I opened it actually had Trap Layer Active disabled too.

Anyway, here are some Papyrus logs...

This MCM error very early during loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:04AM] ERROR: Property randomScene on script _tapmcm attached to _TAPMCM (CF019D10) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CF00AA04) is not the right type
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:04AM] ERROR: Property TAPQuest on script _tapmcm attached to _TAPMCM (CF019D10) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CF005901) is not the right type
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:04AM] ERROR: Property SkeeverHorde on script _tapmcm attached to _TAPMCM (CF019D10) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CF02E13E) is not the right type

That error might be interesting - the TAPQuest is null?  Now maybe it'll get fixed up later, but that jumped out at me.

These errors happened not long afterwards, still during loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:11AM] ERROR: Cannot call SetAlpha() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnInit() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 13
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:11AM] ERROR: Cannot cast a spell from a None source
stack:
	[ (000E1529)].SPELL.Cast() - "<native>" Line ?
	[alias Deadite10 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7
stack:
	[alias Deadite9 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7
stack:
	[alias Deadite8 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7
stack:
	[alias Deadite7 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7

This error 10 times:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:11AM] ERROR: Cannot call PlaceAtMe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias Container2000000000000000000000000 on quest _TAPTrapContainers (CF0DA3ED)]._TAPTrapContainerScript.OnInit() - "_TAPTrapContainerScript.psc" Line 11

This while finishing loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:56AM] Loading game...
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:58AM] VM is thawing...
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:58AM] [_tapmcm <_TAPMCM (CF019D10)>] INITIALIZED
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:58AM] ERROR: Cannot call SetAlpha() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnInit() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 13

And then this big string of errors not long after loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] ERROR: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetRef() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 62
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] ERROR: Cannot call getDistance() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 62
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp11"
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetRef() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 66
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] ERROR: Cannot call getDistance() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 66
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp11"
stack:
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 78
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 78
stack:
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 86
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 86
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetCurrentLocation() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 113
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 97
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 117
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.OnUpdate() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 97
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 117
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 122
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp20"
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 122
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 127
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp20"
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 127
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 132
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 132
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 137
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 137
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 142
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 142
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 147
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 147
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 152
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 152
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] ERROR: Cannot call PlaceAtMe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 165

I tried turning off the trap layer, unchecking Trap Clearable Areas, and resetting the quest, and that didn't seem to change anything.  Got these errors from the MCM script though:

[05/29/2017 - 11:24:00AM] ERROR: Cannot call Stop() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[_TAPMCM (CF019D10)]._tapmcm.OnOptionSelect() - "_TAPMCM.psc" Line 312
	[_TAPMCM (CF019D10)]._tapmcm.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 1177
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (37000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 159
[05/29/2017 - 11:24:01AM] ERROR: Cannot call start() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[_TAPMCM (CF019D10)]._tapmcm.OnOptionSelect() - "_TAPMCM.psc" Line 314
	[SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (37000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 159
[05/29/2017 - 11:24:01AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp12"
stack:

Anything else I can do to help?

Unfortunately I still get similar behavior.  I started with a clean save (saved, quit, deactivated, loaded, saved, quit, ran savetool to remove empty scripts and #s, loaded & saved again, enabled .7.5).  I get a continuous cycle of "setting newtrap, waiting for trap layer to move, trap layer have moved far enough, distance to waypoint 0.000000" in my notification log.  My character was standing outside on a road, outside, a bit east of Whiterun.

One interesting thing is that I'm using the Continue Game No Crash (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/) mod, and that basically does "coc qasmoke" then immediately loads your intended savegame.  It completely eliminates the FootIK crash on load, which is amazing, but I wonder how qasmoke is defined and if briefly entering that zone could confuse the trap system.

The MCM menu when I opened it actually had Trap Layer Active disabled too.

Anyway, here are some Papyrus logs...

This MCM error very early during loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:04AM] ERROR: Property randomScene on script _tapmcm attached to _TAPMCM (CF019D10) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CF00AA04) is not the right type
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:04AM] ERROR: Property TAPQuest on script _tapmcm attached to _TAPMCM (CF019D10) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CF005901) is not the right type
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:04AM] ERROR: Property SkeeverHorde on script _tapmcm attached to _TAPMCM (CF019D10) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (CF02E13E) is not the right type

That error might be interesting - the TAPQuest is null?  Now maybe it'll get fixed up later, but that jumped out at me.

These errors happened not long afterwards, still during loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:11AM] ERROR: Cannot call SetAlpha() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
stack:
	[alias Deadite10 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7
stack:
	[alias Deadite9 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7
stack:
	[alias Deadite8 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7
stack:
	[alias Deadite7 on quest _TAPEventRaisingTheDead (CF149A5F)]._TAPReanimateSelf.OnInit() - "_TAPReanimateSelf.psc" Line 7

This error 10 times:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:11AM] ERROR: Cannot call PlaceAtMe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias Container2000000000000000000000000 on quest _TAPTrapContainers (CF0DA3ED)]._TAPTrapContainerScript.OnInit() - "_TAPTrapContainerScript.psc" Line 11

This while finishing loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:05:56AM] Loading game...
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:58AM] VM is thawing...
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:58AM] [_tapmcm <_TAPMCM (CF019D10)>] INITIALIZED
[05/29/2017 - 11:05:58AM] ERROR: Cannot call SetAlpha() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

And then this big string of errors not long after loading:

[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] ERROR: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:07AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] ERROR: Cannot call GetCurrentLocation() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 113
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp19"
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:06:08AM] ERROR: Cannot call PlaceAtMe() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[alias TrapLayer on quest _TAPDungeonTrapLayer (CF038343)]._TAPTrapLayerController.spawnMob() - "_TAPTrapLayerController.psc" Line 165

I tried turning off the trap layer, unchecking Trap Clearable Areas, and resetting the quest, and that didn't seem to change anything.  Got these errors from the MCM script though:

[05/29/2017 - 11:24:00AM] ERROR: Cannot call Stop() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[_TAPMCM (CF019D10)]._tapmcm.OnOptionSelect() - "_TAPMCM.psc" Line 312
[05/29/2017 - 11:24:01AM] ERROR: Cannot call start() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[05/29/2017 - 11:24:01AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp12"
stack:

Anything else I can do to help?

Thanks for this report. It has helped me track down a few issues with the trap layer starting when it shouldn't and not shutting down when it should!

I think the new version V0.78 should fix everything for you. The trap layer now respects the MCM option as to whether it is enabled or disabled and I have also added some more checks so that the quest will shut down if you go outside and will cycle itself if you change cells - although it can take a moment before it picks up on your location change.

This should fix the issues with The Continue Game No Crash mod although you may still see messages saying the quest is starting up but you should see that it shuts down straight away again.

As a side note I fixed the crash when continuing a game by installing ENB and using the ENBoost Speedhack.

Allright !

Thanks to throwaway and Mixed Jim teamwork, i think you guys found the solution.

I just tested drunken huntsman and the battered mane and there no trap laying in it.

Early testing indicates that the traplayer has got her leash back :)

And even better ! Devious traps are coming back !

Thank you Jim for giving this mod some love, today is a good day indeed !

Edit : Seems MCM doesnt save all of my changes, i untick traps for follower but when i go back to the menu it is ticked again

I really want to like this mod, but i was getting the same spam as throwaway. I start from the alternate start cell, and no matter what I disabled the spammed msges just kept on rolling, I'll give new version a spin and see if the spam is fixed.

I really want to like this mod, but i was getting the same spam as throwaway. I start from the alternate start cell, and no matter what I disabled the spammed msges just kept on rolling, I'll give new version a spin and see if the spam is fixed.

Hopefully it is fixed in the new version. Let me know :)

****UPDATE TIME****

A nice little update that brings everything together. There is now only 1 version of this mod so it can be used by everyone. If you have Devious Devices - Integration installed then the mod will pick that up and you'll see some extra MCM options for configuring devious traps.

I have re-written the Devious Traps so that they now use spells rather than complex scripts this makes it much easier to handle soft dependency stuff and also means I can apply debuffs along with the Devious Devices without having enchanted devices.

There are now 2 devices that can be equipped - gags and collars.

Gags will apply a Magicka debuff so there'll be no casting spells while gagged.

Collars debuffs your stamina as it strangles you so no power attacks or running away (tee hee!).

The mod only supports standard DDI devices at the moment but I shall expand it to include DDIx devices (soft dependency again) once I've done all the standard items.

The basic plan is then to provide soft dependency for Estrus Chaurus traps.

I have again noticed a couple of bugs in my game (latest version 0.78).

The trap layer doesn't start automatically when I enter a trappable zone. Actually I don't get any messages anywhere unless I start the trap layer manually via the MCM. Then it seems to work ok with the messages and all. I have turned on and off all the options in the MCM menu but it still won't start automatically.

Another weird think happened when I slept in my house in Whiterun and woke up in the morning. I got a message about spawning and suddenly the house was full of skeevers. They were not aggressive and were just hanging around.

So v0.78 suggested a clean install, now 0.8 has been unified into one. Is this a good version for my still quite early game or is it worth waiting out for a later version if more clean installs may be needed? Haven't really been following versions for a while so I'm not sure whether to expect that again.

The trap layer doesn't start automatically when I enter a trappable zone. Actually I don't get any messages anywhere unless I start the trap layer manually via the MCM. Then it seems to work ok with the messages and all. I have turned on and off all the options in the MCM menu but it still won't start automatically.

Another weird think happened when I slept in my house in Whiterun and woke up in the morning. I got a message about spawning and suddenly the house was full of skeevers. They were not aggressive and were just hanging around.

JuliusXX, latest version is now 0.8, Might want to try that one to see if it's fixed.

So v0.78 suggested a clean install, now 0.8 has been unified into one. Is this a good version for my still quite early game or is it worth waiting out for a later version if more clean installs may be needed? Haven't really been following versions for a while so I'm not sure whether to expect that again.

JuliusXX, latest version is now 0.8, Might want to try that one to see if it's fixed.

Been testing the V0.78 and didn't notice that. I'll test it tomorrow, unless there's even newer version out when I'll got from work  :)

If you did a clean save for v0.78 then you should be fine to installed 0.80 over the top as 0.78 already included a lot of the soft dependency work. There have been a few script changes but they only effect the traps themselves so the scripts should get refreshed whenever a new trap is set.

Been testing the V0.78 and didn't notice that. I'll test it tomorrow, unless there's even newer version out when I'll got from work  :)

I'll have a look into it...also just check that the check box for Trap Layer Enabled in the MCM is ticked. That check box is like a kill switch, if it is unticked then nothing will work whereas before the trap layer would still output some debug messages.

The skeevers spawning could be from the Skeever Horde event but that should only trigger in dungeons...but I'll check that out too

v0.82 is scheduled for tomorrow :P

MCM still seam a little buggy if you can check it out please before 0.82

the follower button and the maximum/minimum trap stick at 10 seconds when i try to put it at 5 or 20

But the stamina and magicka collar and gag, its gold !!! :)

Thank you so much for making DD a soft dependency now <3

No problem :)

MCM still seam a little buggy if you can check it out please before 0.82

the follower button and the maximum/minimum trap stick at 10 seconds when i try to put it at 5 or 20

But the stamina and magicka collar and gag, its gold !!! :)

I shall take a look and see why its not working properly...

I'll have a look into it...also just check that the check box for Trap Layer Enabled in the MCM is ticked. That check box is like a kill switch, if it is unticked then nothing will work whereas before the trap layer would still output some debug messages.

The skeevers spawning could be from the Skeever Horde event but that should only trigger in dungeons...but I'll check that out too

v0.82 is scheduled for tomorrow :P

I tested the 0.81 and still the trap layer won't start automatically when I enter a trappable area. I have ticked and unticked the Trap Layer several times and also tested the debug options but still no go. I wonder if I have some kind of MCM problem. Is there a console command to activate the Trap Layer outside of MCM?

I tested the 0.81 and still the trap layer won't start automatically when I enter a trappable area. I have ticked and unticked the Trap Layer several times and also tested the debug options but still no go. I wonder if I have some kind of MCM problem. Is there a console command to activate the Trap Layer outside of MCM?

Ah, for some reason the MCM got unassigned from one of the script parameters...not sure how that happened. It is fixed now. You will need to restart the MCM to ensure the script picks up the new changes.

I've also added the Arm Cuffs of Weakness which will reduce your 2 handed and blocking skills!