Sorry, I only plan to make race specific armor, not character specific armor. Only clothes and old rags come to mind when thinking of pirates. Never heard of pirate armor before and in all honesty, don't really have any desire or inspiration in pirate designs.

Actually, the armor design Kuroyami was refering to was not really a "pirate costume", but rather something similar to what you can see on the reference pic for Kaiyo (or the other NPC, which IIRC is his brother. Not sure which of the two it was a reference for). This the image: ace_stryker (SFW).

Stuff like the greaves and shin guards that still leave the beast feet visible (and the claws functional), or the armor plating on the tail would be something you would expect Selachii to build as part of their armor designs, and would be nice to have. Plus, armor would need to be lightweight and comfortable, and probably be made of some kind of waterproof material.

EDIT:

EDIT: The best you can do is link a design, and if I like it, I may do something similar. The only clothes I'll be doing is tight swimsuit-like materials for underneath the armor

See the link above for an example. And sounds good about those materials as well.

Edited by Blaze69

Sorry, I only plan to make race specific armor, not character specific armor. Only clothes and old rags come to mind when thinking of pirates. Never heard of pirate armor before and in all honesty, don't really have any desire or inspiration in pirate designs.

Actually, the armor design Kuroyami was refering to was not really a "pirate costume", but rather something similar to what you can see on the reference pic for Kaiyo (or the other NPC, which IIRC is his brother. Not sure which of the two it was a reference for). This the image: ace_stryker (SFW).

Stuff like the greaves and shin guards that still leave the beast feet visible (and the claws functional), or the armor plating on the tail would be something you would expect Selachii to build as part of their armor designs, and would be nice to have. Plus, armor would need to be lightweight and comfortable, and probably be made of some kind of waterproof material.

EDIT:

EDIT: The best you can do is link a design, and if I like it, I may do something similar. The only clothes I'll be doing is tight swimsuit-like materials for underneath the armor

See the link above for an example. And sounds good about those materials as well.

So a bandana, hayabusa styled arms, samurai/ninja styled foot wear, Buckle straps, and an armored tail? Maybe, I'm fine with that. If I do it, I'll likely do different styled shorts though.

That one was just more a general idea. Kaiyo's was this one - cydergarra,popesslodovica(NSFW). Though blending it with the armor on Ace's pic would be good, though perhaps having the jacket be separate. 

That one was just more a general idea. Kaiyo's was this one - cydergarra,popesslodovica(NSFW). Though blending it with the armor on Ace's pic would be good, though perhaps having the jacket be separate. 

I may do it and think of a new somewhat-pirate-like ninja-like design for a jacket, but not as is or too similar. Something that matches the other style.

Switched around the parts of Gaku's dialog which refer to the player's completed factions - now it's under a topic/line of "What do you know about me?", and for any of them to appear, the related questline must be completed. The only questline he might comment on otherwise, would be about things from the Dragonborn DLC, like saying more about Miraak, etc. 

Otherwise, here is the first option you have after the intro:

PC – [Once – Appears as the only dialog choice before anything else] You still have not told me your name.

|

G – Oh? Surely some how you...or perhaps not.

|

G – I am Gaku, a Selachii Scholar.

|

G – It may be that you have heard of me before,

|

G – Have you?

|

[PC] – [PCIsASelachii, PlayerReadLegacyBook] Oh, I know.

|

G – (Shorter, base version due to length, Thank you.)Arigato, Same. Prove the truth, to be just that – true.

|

G – Marin's work does not contain the full truth, but it is a start. If you want to know more, feel free to ask.

[PC] – [PCIsASelachii, PlayerNotReadLegacyBook] Cannot say that I have.

|

G – (A shame.)Zan'nen'na koto. Then feel free to peruse the books here, they should tell you more.

[PC] - [PCIsNotASelachii, PlayerReadLegacyBook] Oh, right, from that book about the Selachii.

|

G – (Good)Yoi. Perhaps a tale that does not contain the entire story, but it suffices. Unless you want to know more, and for that, you need only ask.

[PC] – [PCIsNotASelachii, PlayerNotReadLegacyBook] Unfortunately, no.

|

G – (I see.)Sodesu ka. If you wish to know, the books here will tell you more.

Perhaps not too interesting, but given his few lines in Japanese/Akaviri, I thought it best to post, so they are not seen to be completely wrong later.

I'll look into it. Since weapons are set up in a completely different way from character meshes (lacking rigging and stuff), I may have to look into new weapon creation for Skyrim, but there seem to be a lot of tutorials about it, so I guess it's okay.

Not sure how well will NifSkope handle the export process and if the scale and placement will be kept, but I'll try to export the meshes and send them to you at some point. I'll probably just pack the Steel weapons (Iron would be the actual "basic" set but they are ugly), and I'll throw something like the Akaviri Katana as well, so you get an idea of how katanas are built in the vanilla game.

Well, that sounds like a great idea  :shy:. Don't have many ideas or concepts on aquatic-inspired weapons, though. I may look into it. In the meantime, as Kuroyami said, the idea would be to throw some japanese weapon inspiration into the mix as well, with things like katanas, tantos and so being the base designs for the weapons. Mainly due to the Akaviri connection and the current designs and lore.

Not sure of any concept art, but most of the Selachii weapons would be inspired by Japanese weapons, with maybe some variants of swords having either the whole edge or part of it be serrated. Something Kaiyo would possibly use is a Katana with some touches of a cutlass. [...]

Yep, pretty much this. Just some ideas, though, it's not like the weapons have to be exactly like that.

Kaiyo? Is that one of your follower mods? [...]

Kaiyo is one of the (planned and yet to be designed and implemented) NPCs. A pirate, or privateer. Or was it corsair? (I know there is an actual difference between those, but can't remember it right now).

Anyway, the idea is to use pirate-ish aesthetics, and thus Kuroyami's request for a katana (Selachii) with a bit of cutlass (pirate/sailor) thrown in. Or that's what I got, at least. Feel free to correct me, K, 'cause with the amount of characters already planned, it's hard to remember them all without the list at hand, lol  :P.

Although there isn't much in the case of underwater combat for Skyrim (let alone weapons to base it off of), spears and other polearms would be the most efficient. For what is in the game it'd make the most sense to use daggers, cutlasses, some scimitars, and other small / thin bladed weaponry (a Katana could make sense). However the absurdly large (and heavy) hammers and axes would do nothing but hinder an aquatic race. Furthermore Bows do not make for good underwater weapons, unless you wanna make what you're fighting laugh itself to death. However a lot of this could be justified if they use boats, then they don't have to worry about the water restraining their (and their weapon's) movements.

I suppose some of the swords would make good oars for a boat...

Although there isn't much in the case of underwater combat for Skyrim (let alone weapons to base it off of), spears and other polearms would be the most efficient. For what is in the game it'd make the most sense to use daggers, cutlasses, some scimitars, and other small / thin bladed weaponry (a Katana could make sense). However the absurdly large (and heavy) hammers and axes would do nothing but hinder an aquatic race. Furthermore Bows do not make for good underwater weapons, unless you wanna make what you're fighting laugh itself to death. However a lot of this could be justified if they use boats, then they don't have to worry about the water restraining their (and their weapon's) movements.

I suppose some of the swords would make good oars for a boat...

I've already taken this into consideration. If you look further back, I've already talked about a sword and trident/sword-like like staff design. Spears and dual daggers have been on my mind as well. I have both Sharkmer military and cultural type weapon designs in mind. Cultural style weapons and armor will be made with steel and silver while military will also include a little gold for materials to make them. All water resistant metals. A new type of cloth and maybe leather would probably need to be made. Likely just retextures.

I've already taken this into consideration. If you look further back, I've already talked about a sword and trident/sword-like like staff design. Spears and dual daggers have been on my mind as well. I have both Sharkmer military and cultural type weapon designs in mind. Cultural style weapons and armor will be made with steel and silver while military will also include a little gold for materials to make them. All water resistant metals. A new type of cloth and maybe leather would probably need to be made. Likely just retextures.

*looks back a bit*

So you have, just in case you still need ideas it is worth noting that they aren't limited to just metals/materials found in the oceans (cobalt, copper, silver, gold, and zinc to name a few real world metals found under the sea). Seeing as they can go on land, they could obtain "rarer" materials than what they would be used to. Though due to their ability to survive underwater, they could also utilize materials not commonly found for weaponry (such as coral arrowheads). They also wouldn't have much difficulty finding leather either... err well, they wouldn't if the water actually had life.

I have seen the idea of some of them being pirates, which makes it worth noting that Pirates most commonly stole their gear. So the pirates would wear armor of the bits and pieces that they could steal (stuff from bandits and guards, the occasional adventurer). The pirate "look" that the public has become fond of is the result of this, it was the fashion of the time period and area.

*looks back a bit*

So you have, just in case you still need ideas it is worth noting that they aren't limited to just metals/materials found in the oceans (cobalt, copper, silver, gold, and zinc to name a few real world metals found under the sea). Seeing as they can go on land, they could obtain "rarer" materials than what they would be used to. Though due to their ability to survive underwater, they could also utilize materials not commonly found for weaponry (such as coral arrowheads). They also wouldn't have much difficulty finding leather either... err well, they wouldn't if the water actually had life.

I have seen the idea of some of them being pirates, which makes it worth noting that Pirates most commonly stole their gear. So the pirates would wear armor of the bits and pieces that they could steal (stuff from bandits and guards, the occasional adventurer). The pirate "look" that the public has become fond of is the result of this, it was the fashion of the time period and area.

Well, the other metals you mentioned are not available as ores or ingots in the game, but is possible to create new ones and just reskin the meshes. But do not have the know-how to add ore veins in the game. Like I said before, I don't have the inspiration or just not interested in pirate designs. The most I will do is make it somewhat pirate-like while following the Japanese-like culture style.

As for stealing gear, yes. That makes sense in some cases if they are pirate-like in nature. But they are an aquatic race. They can steal stuff to wear on land, but in most cases the stuff they steal would end up being ruined and or rust during many visits to the water. I have no choice but to see them as a race that develops their own specialized fabric and metal for water resistance and mobility. Most land gear would just end up being a hinderance for them. The armor I will make will have a stealth like nature and some fin-like designs, as well as skin tight clothes for mobility in the water.

I don't mean to be rude, but I didn't ask for ideas, just concept art of aquatic styled weapons if whoever wanted to. The pirate styled gear was proposed and won't be doing armor/clothes for a while.

Examples:

http://ashtongallagher.com/zoom/1400x720/3167591.html

http://almanaquepop.blogspot.com/2013/11/man-at-arms-o-tridente-de-finnick-jogos.html

http://l2questmaker.blogspot.ru/2011/09/lineage-2-freya-novas-armas-weapons.html 5th sword

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/385902261789999937/

Thanks for the ideas! Yeah, I have to agree with you on that, things like maces or axes are not something you can use effectively while underwater. Even if you said they were built for land warfare, most warriors would not be familiar with such weapons and would probably rather stick to what they know, aka the weapons that they do use underwater.

[...] As for stealing gear, yes. That makes sense in some cases if they are pirate-like in nature. But they are an aquatic race. They can steal stuff to wear on land, but in most cases the stuff they steal would end up being ruined and or rust during many visits to the water. I have no choice but to see them as a race that develops their own specialized fabric and metal for water resistance and mobility. Most land gear would just end up being a hinderance for them. The armor I will make will have a stealth like nature and some fin-like designs, as well as skin tight clothes for mobility in the water.

Yep, this. In Skyrim, having Selachii NPCs using vanilla gear makes sense because they are mostly on land, and while they would regularly go to the nearest pond/lake/beach for a swim, they could simply take their clothes off before they go into the water (just like Mizuno is implied to do when he's found in his camp with his clothes unequipped but in his inventory, for example).

But for their actual "homeland" (or in ships elswhere in the sea), they would probably spend much more time underwater, and so this would apply there and would require them to develop that kind of clothing and equipment. So, yeah, good ideas  :shy:.

I don't mean to be rude, but I didn't ask for ideas, just concept art of aquatic styled weapons if whoever wanted to. The pirate styled gear was proposed and won't be doing armor/clothes for a while.[...]

Unfortunately, I can't help with that. Weapon designs are not something I've searched before, so the best I could do would be a google search, and seems like you've done that already.

Started up a playthrough using Taki(the blue Selachii I posted some shots of), along with updating his looks. Did Mizuno's quest, and got him as a follower. Because of that, I changed one line in Mizuno's dialog, his line about violence. Also added a variant of the "So you are member of the College..." line, which is for if the player is not a member of the College themselves.Both changes are already in his dialog document. I'm planning on doing the main quest with him, though my focus now is going to Riverwood, and getting Moku as well. 

Ah, before I forget - as I have a few times already. 

Selachii-Underwear-Colors.7z

Hopefully they are not too light or dark. I've only tested the purple one as a replacer, which seems okay. 

Here is a document for Gaku's dialog. Link. I'll be working on finishing Gaku's preset, then see about the problems with Hiyasu's preset. 

UNP/SOS version was corrupt for me

Nope, working fine for me, and nobody has had the same error, so it must be something on your end. Try downloading it again or using a different program to extract it.

Nope, working fine for me, and nobody has had the same error, so it must be something on your end. Try downloading it again or using a different program to extract it.

no still not working... still crashes at the bridge leading to ivarstead

You know, when you say "this file is corrupt", what most people (myself included) understand is that you say the compressed file is corrupted or damaged, and you can't open it and extract it or there are some files missing or something like that. So please don't say the file is corrupt if it is not.

Now, on to your problem: it can't be caused by this mod, because it doesn't touch anything near Ivarstead. It has to be some other mod.

But then again, "crashes at the bridge to Ivarstead" doesn't provide any information whatsoever, so I can't help you with that. Besides, it wouldn't really belong here since as I said it is not caused by this mod. Try posting a more detailed bug report and your complete load order in the Technical Support section and they will help you there.

I have a small issue, which might be caused by a mod I have(but I really don't want to get rid of), but on to it..The mod I have is Civil War Overhaul, I can't remember the name of the guy who made it, because he yanked all of his mods off of the nexus to...I guess get back at people giving him crap about his mods.(But everyone but the trolls lost because of this action, IMO><) Anyway, it expands on the Civil War in skyrim, and where I have the issue is where the battle of dawnstar begins.. That's where Kori and Vaynelle are..usually when a battle for a town begins, absolutely everyone that's not fighting is either in the buildings or disabled for a bit(I guess) to avoid them getting killed...besides Kori and Vaynelle. During the battle, Kori came out, or was out, because I just saw her dead body.. Then Vaynelle came out, obviously angry about her potential love interest being killed...and got slain as well. >< I don't mean to impose anymore work on you guys, but could there be a little patch that makes them stay inside to keep from being killed when a battle for the area is going on?

Sometimes Skyrim's base game and expacs wind up getting corrupted. I find having Steam do a file validation fixes it (if you clean the base game and expacs it'll redownload them, so you will have to clean them again).

[...]  where the battle of dawnstar begins.. That's where Kori and Vaynelle are..usually when a battle for a town begins, absolutely everyone that's not fighting is either in the buildings or disabled for a bit(I guess) to avoid them getting killed...besides Kori and Vaynelle. During the battle, Kori came out, or was out, because I just saw her dead body.. Then Vaynelle came out, obviously angry about her potential love interest being killed...and got slain as well. >< [...]

Oh, no! Poor Kori and Vaynelle :(. Also, Kori is more than Vaynelle's "potential love interest". Have you nor read her journal? Also the time they spend at the tent is not exactly to admire the landscape, but rather more intimate matters, you know...  :P. Or at least that is the idea.

Well, both of them are set to be "Protected", meaning, they will kneel and enter bleedout once their health reaches 0, but they can only be killed by the player if you attack them once they are in bleedout. Not by NPCs. Or at least that's how it's supposed to be. Unless the flag has been removed from them somehow, or the Civil War scripts have something in them that allows Protected characters to be killed by other NPCs in the battle, that should not be possible.

I could change them to be essential, so that they just can't be killed no matter what. But still, it's weird.

As for keeping them inside during the battle, I assume with vanilla NPCs is done via some specific AI packages that only activate during the related quest. Problem is, since it comes from the CWO mod, chances are both the quest and the package are part of the mod's plugin, so in order to give them the AI, I would have to make the mod a requirement. So not an option.

Edited by Blaze69

[...]  where the battle of dawnstar begins.. That's where Kori and Vaynelle are..usually when a battle for a town begins, absolutely everyone that's not fighting is either in the buildings or disabled for a bit(I guess) to avoid them getting killed...besides Kori and Vaynelle. During the battle, Kori came out, or was out, because I just saw her dead body.. Then Vaynelle came out, obviously angry about her potential love interest being killed...and got slain as well. >< [...]

Oh, no! Poor Kori and Vaynelle :(. Also, Kori is more than Vaynelle's "potential love interest". Have you nor read her journal? Also the time they spend at the tent is not exactly to admire the landscape, but rather more intimate matters, you know...  :P. Or at least that is the idea.

I believe I still have the CWO mod installed into MO, but I've never went through the entire Civil War with it installed. I do not have that mod active on any characters at the moment either. Might have thought on occasion to use it if I even possibly wanted to the Civil War quests, but sometimes this was after starting the game(i.e setting up mods with a view of Helgen or during Character creation with LAL), and since that mod requires a fresh game...

Also, yeah. Based on the image that inspired them, it certainly is not just sleeping near the beach. Vaynelle not being the sort to write about things like that, and the fact that she wanted a bit of a fresh start, stopped me from making that clearer - though that likely is not a problem. 

Have not done much, but anything I do for Moku will probably involve her being a former member of the Legion or something like that. Between her voice type and the books near her bedroll, I think that works. Forget exactly the three she has, but I know Killing - Before You're Killed was one of them. 

Also added this to the Legacy book:

Magic

From it's inception, our race has always been focused on more, physical aspects of combat, perhaps in spite of the fact that few can argue the connection to magic we still have, no matter how slight. Some stories suggest that our race is responsible for the creation of water based magic, only I have no basis to consider those stories true. However, while there have been points in our history that we have looked down upon those who have chosen to study magic, the benefits have been something we cannot ignore. The Council has, based upon the reasoning given by a few of our notable advocates, agreed some time ago that we should not entirely look at magic as a weakness, a crutch, but as something to augment the abilities of soldiers, of healers. In fact, a space that has gone somewhat undeveloped in our city, was set aside for the Iyashino-ka, where the wounded, sick, injured, are treated with medicine, magic, and any methods available to the healers there.

The stories of the use of magic in Tamriel were part of the arguments against magic among the Selachii. They argued that arts such as Necromancy should be considered a danger, but a number of our advocates, some who had inquired Mages visiting our capital, along with some study of magic for themselves, told a simple story – it was more about how one uses magic, not the magic itself. Some held to their beliefs, but the Council agreed with the statement. I personally hugged Sora that day, given that his efforts lead only to the progressiveness of our race, and he works tirelessly to achieve that.

I myself began practicing magic some time ago, in my teen years. My father saw it as somewhat rebellious, but soon understood as many others did. No one was calling for our race to embrace magic as a whole, only to understand that it was nearly invaluable to those who did – for it could save lives, end conflicts decisively, and bring knowledge to those willing to seek it. 

Well, both of them are set to be "Protected", meaning, they will kneel and enter bleedout once their health reaches 0, but they can only be killed by the player if you attack them once they are in bleedout. Not by NPCs. Or at least that's how it's supposed to be. Unless the flag has been removed from them somehow, or the Civil War scripts have something in them that allows Protected characters to be killed by other NPCs in the battle, that should not be possible.

I could change them to be essential, so that they just can't be killed no matter what. But still, it's weird.

As for keeping them inside during the battle, I assume with vanilla NPCs is done via some specific AI packages that only activate during the related quest. Problem is, since it comes from the CWO mod, chances are both the quest and the package are part of the mod's plugin, so in order to give them the AI, I would have to make the mod a requirement. So not an option.

I have that mod too. Well, If I were to assume that that mod would cause problems with this mod, it might cause problems for others. I heard that it was script heavy but don't remember. It was removed on Nexus however, I found it on Steam Workshop. I made a copy of mine just in case (of my choice installation). On my next 32-bit Skyrim play through, I think I'll remove most of my script heavy mods and hopefully they will work on SSE.

Sometimes Skyrim's base game and expacs wind up getting corrupted. I find having Steam do a file validation fixes it (if you clean the base game and expacs it'll redownload them, so you will have to clean them again).

i still don't know everything about skyrim or steam. So how would you go about cleaning the game and expacs(also what are expacs?)? would that be making a clean install of skyrim? because this race is cool so i would like to try getting it to work. :)

i still don't know everything about skyrim or steam. So how would you go about cleaning the game and expacs(also what are expacs?)? would that be making a clean install of skyrim? because this race is cool so i would like to try getting it to work. :)

I'm not sure, but I think it means "expansion packs" aka DLCs (Dawnguard, Heathfire, and Dragonborn).

Anyway, you should first try verifying the game cache before you do something more drastic like installing the game from scratch. Go to your Steam library, right click on Skyrim, go to "Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files". Wait for it to be done, and if you get a message like "(number) files could not be verified and will be downloaded again", then you can try loading the game again and see if it fixes it.

If it still doesn't fix your crashes, then you should indeed reinstall the game from scratch. Setting everything up from the beginning using Mod Organizer is a good idea as well, so you should look for some tutorials, I'm sure there are some of them around, even on Youtube.

And again, feel free to post your issues or ask for help here in the Skyrim forums. Though I would ask you to do so in the appropiate forums instead of this thread, as I've already stated this mod has nothing to do with your issues (unless you somehow can proove it is indeed this mod's fault, in which case I would be happy to help you with it :shy:).

Side note: so, you say are new to Skyrim (and even Steam!) and one of the first mods you want to use is this one? Wow, if that's true, I'll take it as a compliment, that's nice  :D.

Never really had to do it myself(other than once to fix a "Lookup Failed!" issue), but verifying the game cache with Steam(which should be in the Properties menu if you Right-Click on the Skyrim[though not on the Special Editon] entry in your Steam Library), just verifies that all the files needed for the game are there, and they are the proper size(I think this is how it works, I'm not sure). This may work to fix any base game or DLC content that has problems. 

Otherwise, here are a few things I'm working on, or planning(though this is by no means it).

-A number of things for Gaku's possible Apocrypha location

-Writings of "Sora", a male Selachii who argued for many things that formed the basis of Selachii culture.

-A forgotten entry from the Legacy book - a entry about a male Selachii, Koma, that was similarly equipped as Arashii, with only a size difference. 

-A few misc writings from Marin and Gaku. 

I'm not sure, but I think it means "expansion packs" aka DLCs (Dawnguard, Heathfire, and Dragonborn).

Anyway, you should first try verifying the game cache before you do something more drastic like installing the game from scratch. Go to your Steam library, right click on Skyrim, go to "Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files". Wait for it to be done, and if you get a message like "(number) files could not be verified and will be downloaded again", then you can try loading the game again and see if it fixes it.

If it still doesn't fix your crashes, then you should indeed reinstall the game from scratch. Setting everything up from the beginning using Mod Organizer is a good idea as well, so you should look for some tutorials, I'm sure there are some of them around, even on Youtube.

And again, feel free to post your issues or ask for help here in the Skyrim forums. Though I would ask you to do so in the appropiate forums instead of this thread, as I've already stated this mod has nothing to do with your issues (unless you somehow can proove it is indeed this mod's fault, in which case I would be happy to help you with it :shy:).

Side note: so, you say are new to Skyrim (and even Steam!) and one of the first mods you want to use is this one? Wow, if that's true, I'll take it as a compliment, that's nice  :D.

not really new to skyrim just not sure how it works or how steam works. I'm not used to troubleshooting mods being I'm not quite sure how they work, I'm use to troubleshooting basic computer problems. I've played quite a bit and modded quite a bit, but yea it's a really cool mod; probably my favorite race mod, most other race mods are minor adjustments of a human and the other mods like this one I've tried just plain suck XD this one is awesome!! :D. if anything i can just try avoiding that cell.

Okay, I've got some progress to report! I know it's been a while, and any future update will still take a long time, but I wanted to post an update on how things go.

As I've stated elsewhere already, I'm busy with RL stuff at the moment, and this will last for a few more weeks at the very least, but I work on this (among other stuff) whenever I can get a break or some down time. Some things went better than expected, and I got some free time today, so I decided to work on the mod.

I recently found out about this thing: PapyrusCompilerPlus, which allows me to create and edit scripts (and any records that may use those scripts like quests or dialogue) using the CK via MO straight away, instead of requiring me to move my working files to the actual Data folder manually whenever I wanted to work on them, as it used to be. This will make quest and dialogue creation and edition way less cumbersome, and should help speed things up... whenever I'm working on them, that is.

Anyway, I decided to take a look at the brawling mechanics again, after the discussion about introducing Izma from CoC as a character and so. I was successful in duplicating and editing the vanilla brawl quest for Hofgrir Horse-Crusher from the Riften stables, and so I managed to give Moku her own brawl option and quest.

This means that now she won't be a follower from the start, but instead you will have to beat her in a brawl to be able to recruit her as a follower or marry her. I also increased her base level and stats. Between that and the racial unarmed damage buff for the claws, she is quite the skilled fighter, so beating her will be difficult for low-level characters (read level 1-5), but will make it worth it a shot because you can get a high level (10 minimum, but I may increase it even more) follower relatively early, which should come in handy.

All of the brawl dialogue uses the shared generic lines available for all voicetypes, which means they will all be voiced even if I change Moku's voice to a different one (she uses FemaleCommander at the moment). Those shared lines were limited, though, so the actual dialogue may not be the best; but I thought it was better to have "okay-ish" full voiced lines rather than "good" mute ones. Those shared lines also mean I could even add the brawl option to other NPCs with some small tweaks, so other characters could get their own brawl option as well.

Incidentally, while working on that, I decided to test my Izma preset ingame by applying it on Moku, and I think it works fine. I think I will leave Moku with Izma's looks for now. Once I'm closer to finishing and uploading the next update, I'll see whether to create a separate Izma NPC and give Moku her old appearance back, or to keep her as a mix of both (i.e. Izma's looks and character reference with Moku's name and possible backstory).