Yeah, that can be done. Probably. I guess? Lol.

I've already edited a vanilla location (the Eyrie), so placing a small blacksmith shop/house somewhere should't be that much of a problem. It's only a matter of finding a place where it would fit (both physically and in-lore) that isn't used by other mods already, or at least not by very popular mods, to keep conflcts to the minimum.

I'm thinking of Dragon Bridge, both because it doesn't have a Blacksmith, and you would think the town would have one, especially with the Penitus Occulatus outpost being there. I'm thinking possibly just across the Bridge, which perhaps few mods would use that space. 

I'll probably check out Arthmoor's Dragon Bridge mod when I do the preset, which doesn't seem to add a Blacksmith. JK's Dragon Bridge does add a Blacksmith(to the Occulatus outpost), but it might not touch the area across the Bridge - I might not test this one out, I'm not sure. 

I have an idea for a quest concerning Seika too - A new Thane of Haafingar(or someone in a similar position), has been obsessive in collecting taxes from her(likely the same that most businesses pay in Skyrim), and he has recently been suggesting that she should be paying more, because she is not a Nord. It can probably be adapted if a different location would work better. 

Sort of been at odds with this character, mostly since it seems to me that there are very few starts that seem to, fit it. LAL's "Arrive By Ship" options would, if you started with some better equipment than Noble Clothes and a dagger(and whatever else the Leveled Lists give you). Finally chose to start with the Windstad Manor option. 

Yume

post-62699-0-34809600-1499187910_thumb.png

post-62699-0-92541800-1499187942_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-26930800-1499187986_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-88031800-1499188049_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-17448400-1499188069_thumb.png

Some of Khrista's dialog....

Random Lines

K – [PlayerWearingMageRobes] Attending the College, or playing dress up? Calm down, I'm kidding.

K – [PlayerWearingVampireArmor] You are either suggesting something, or you like the leather?

K – [PlayerWearingDawnguardArmor] Seen a few people wearing armor like that. I hope you are not as annoying as them.

K – [PlayerWearingDragonArmor] By the gods...did you really make that out of...

K – [PlayerIsACollegeMember] Think you could conjure me a...nah, I'm not making that joke. 

General Dialog

About the College...

[PC] – What do you think of the College?
            |
           K – You have probably heard about the College's bad reputation at some point, if not just hearing of it now.
                   |
                  K – But I have had injuries before. Some coming close to killing me. 
                          |
                        K – If it were not for potions, or in some cases, the magic wielded by friendly mages, I would be dead by now. 
                               |
                             K – So I have the perspective that many of my race do not. Should they be faulted for their ignorance? Not entirely. 
                                     |
                                    [PC] (Optional) Do you think the College is responsible for the Collapse?
                                              |
                                             K – I will be honest, where I know others would not. 
                                                     |
                                                    K – I do not know. 
                                                            |
                                                           K – More than that, I highly doubt that the College is holding back Winterhold's redevelopment. 
                                                                   |
                                                                  K – The Collapse has seen the people of Winterhold demoralized for over a century, believing nothing can bring Winterhold back to glory. 
                                                                          |
                                                                         K – But I do not mean to cast blame – the better action to take is accept what happened, and move on. 

About her...

[PC] – How long have you lived in Winterhold?
            |
           K – Most of my life. I spent some time traveling Skyrim, and over ten years ago I joined the Legion. 
                  |
                 K – Only stayed for five years, before I left. Served as a guard for a year in Solitude, before I returned to Winterhold. 
                        |
                       K – I was given the Guard Captain's position two years ago, my time in the Legion making me the ideal choice over most here. 
                               |
                              K – Some of the guys were not happy about it.
                                      |
                                     [PC] What did they do?
                                               |
                                              K – Ugh, where to start...
                                                      |
                                                     K – Alar – you may have seen him in the Chill – was a racist and sexist man, believing that all of my merits meant nothing, because I am a woman. 
                                                             |
                                                            K – Kjen –  He left to join the Legion last year, and was killed in Cyrodiil, not sure how – he did not mind too much, but was a far worse drunk that Hiyasu. 
                                                                    |
                                                                   K – Jurgen – He left weeks ago for Windhelm, and I am sure you know why – he was the least of all of them, since his only thought was, that since I was at least a Nord, he was okay with it. 
                                                                           |
                                                                          K – Fenran – He left Winterhold some time ago, and I am not sure why, or where he is – he was obsessed with mead, and hated commitment. He also tends to think with little more than his dick or bladder, trying to satisfy either one with...well, you know.
                                                                                |
                                                                              [PC] Okay, okay. I get it. 

Sort of been at odds with this character, mostly since it seems to me that there are very few starts that seem to, fit it. LAL's "Arrive By Ship" options would, if you started with some better equipment than Noble Clothes and a dagger(and whatever else the Leveled Lists give you). Finally chose to start with the Windstad Manor option. 

Yume [...]

Kimonos and Selachii is a combination I will always approve, lol. Moreso in the case of females and that specific kimono.

Tattoos are also not that bad idea IMO. Perhaps we should include as part of the lore somewhere. Like a short description of whatever process used to tattoo scaled skin (not sure how to go about it, though :s), and some mention on how it's relatively common amongst them or something like that. Just a random idea, though.

Some of Khrista's dialog.... [...]

Krista the Guard Captain? You want to flesh her out like that? I got the impression she was only going to be involved in a quest. Hey, the more fleshed out NPCs and stories, the better, so I'm fine with it.

Dialogue so far sounds mostly good. I have to say it could sound a tiny bit similar to the other NPCs (as in, Selachii). I'd rather keep that style as a Selachii-only trait rather than as a mod-only one, to make it a cultural thing ingame. So whenever I get around working on it, I may include some tweaks here and there so it sounds a bit different. If you are okay with it, that is  :shy:.

Also, nice one with that reference, didn't know you planned Fenran to have such a backstory (and a link to Krista). Neat. 

Kimonos and Selachii is a combination I will always approve, lol. Moreso in the case of females and that specific kimono.

Indeed. Males don't really have a good mod for them, though there are one or two mods that add them for males, they are not exactly what I would be looking for. 

Tattoos are also not that bad idea IMO. Perhaps we should include as part of the lore somewhere. Like a short description of whatever process used to tattoo scaled skin (not sure how to go about it, though  :s), and some mention on how it's relatively common amongst them or something like that. Just a random idea, though.

Definitely no Tattoo gun, so it would probably be the older method. Their skin might be similar enough to human skin that the ink would stick, though possibly suggesting a method involving special ink or magic may work too. 

Probably will suggest it is not too common, but not rare either. I don't think the Selachii would have any kind of Yakuza equivalent, so no similar problems with tattoos would exist. 

Krista the Guard Captain? You want to flesh her out like that? I got the impression she was only going to be involved in a quest. Hey, the more fleshed out NPCs and stories, the better, so I'm fine with it.

Dialogue so far sounds mostly good. I have to say it could sound a tiny bit similar to the other NPCs (as in, Selachii). I'd rather keep that style as a Selachii-only trait rather than as a mod-only one, to make it a cultural thing ingame. So whenever I get around working on it, I may include some tweaks here and there so it sounds a bit different. If you are okay with it, that is   :shy:.

Also, nice one with that reference, didn't know you planned Fenran to have such a backstory (and a link to Krista). Neat. 

Well, she could of course only have the purpose of advancing the quest, but I figure she possibly should get a bit more than that. 

May be written a bit hastily, so I'd be fine with a few changes to make it fit better. She is no Selachii, and shouldn't exactly sound like one. 

Not exactly intentional, but I was looking at a list of names for the others, then spotted that one, and said "Why not?"

Definitely no Tattoo gun, so it would probably be the older method. Their skin might be similar enough to human skin that the ink would stick, though possibly suggesting a method involving special ink or magic may work too.

Yeah, well, I didn't want to go with the ol' "a wizard did it"/"MAGIC!" explanation for it, at least not that straight away. The traditional tattoo method coupled with specially treated tints (perhaps with some small magical properties) should explain it pretty well.

But then again, we turned the sharks into mammals and gave them hair and human schlongs somehow; tattoos on scaled skin is the lesser of the stretches we've done, lol :P.

Probably will suggest it is not too common, but not rare either. I don't think the Selachii would have any kind of Yakuza equivalent, so no similar problems with tattoos would exist. 

I knew the Yakuza thing was bound to come up at some point when talking about tattoos. To be honest, you simply can't have crime-free societies, at least not realistic ones (and even those that could be turn out to be pretty dark and screwed up a la Purge), so chances are there are indeed Selachii criminals, and something akin to the real Yakuza existing wouldn't be that far off.

The connection between that and the tattoos? Not so much, and I don't think it's a good idea to link both outside of perhaps specific tattoo designs used by members of said syndicate only, like it happens in RL with some gang/mafia tattoos.

Okay enough with the flavour talk for now, lol  :s.

Well, she could of course only have the purpose of advancing the quest, but I figure she possibly should get a bit more than that. [...]

As I said, fine by me. 

Seems it was just the colors were a bit off, but I also removed the lip tint, due to the skin texture changes. 

attachicon.gifSelachii-Follower-HiyasuFIXED.7z

Okay, I haven't started working on Hiyasu yet, so I'll use this one whenever I get down to it. Huh, I should write down the changes to make and the stuff to download so I can do it quick once I'm back, lol.

BTW, speaking of which, posting stuff as you come up with it and so it's nice and keeps the thread alive and updated, but it would be great if you could also write it down somewhere from now on so I don't have to go through the thread looking for changes and/or files.

Nothing too complicated, just something like: -."Updated Hiyasu preset (link to post)" -."Added more content to the book (link)" and so on. So far I've got the relationship bug with Fume and this preset on the To Do list, but if stuff starts to pile up, things may get messy (hell, I'm not even sure I those two are actually the only ones so far, lol  :s).

Also if you have made any edits or changes to the docs that have been linked so far (or you created any new one recently that I may be missing ATM), I would like to know as well.

Also, the possible look for Khrista, for the YA version. 

attachicon.gif Khrista1.pngattachicon.gif Khrista2.png 

Okay, not bad. I'd say the face is a bit plain tint-wise, but then again, I always put black neck and forehead tints + black warpaint that covers the ears on all my Lykaios characters to get the "husky" look, so I may be a bit biased towards it, lol.

And as always, if you want to give her a custom hair from Apachii or KS, that's an option too. No actual need, though; the hair you picked is one of the few vanilla Khajiit hairs I like, so there's that.

Okay, I haven't started working on Hiyasu yet, so I'll use this one whenever I get down to it. Huh, I should write down the changes to make and the stuff to download so I can do it quick once I'm back, lol.

BTW, speaking of which, posting stuff as you come up with it and so it's nice and keeps the thread alive and updated, but it would be great if you could also write it down somewhere from now on so I don't have to go through the thread looking for changes and/or files.

Nothing too complicated, just something like: -."Updated Hiyasu preset (link to post)" -."Added more content to the book (link)" and so on. So far I've got the relationship bug with Fume and this preset on the To Do list, but if stuff starts to pile up, things may get messy (hell, I'm not even sure I those two are actually the only ones so far, lol  :s).

Also if you have made any edits or changes to the docs that have been linked so far (or you created any new one recently that I may be missing ATM), I would like to know as well.

I'm mostly aware of things, but yeah, I can see how it can get confusing. I'll definitely try something like that. Maybe a Blog here on LL would work?

Okay, not bad. I'd say the face is a bit plain tint-wise, but then again, I always put black neck and forehead tints + black warpaint that covers the ears on all my Lykaios characters to get the "husky" look, so I may be a bit biased towards it, lol.

And as always, if you want to give her a custom hair from Apachii or KS, that's an option too. No actual need, though; the hair you picked is one of the few vanilla Khajiit hairs I like, so there's that.

Well, I do like Huskies(aside from those added by Immersive Creatures...mostly since they almost always attack you...why?), so I may try that with her. 

As for the hair used, it's actually the first Nord option. Not sure about any custom ones for her though, but something a little better than the vanilla ones that stands out a little would be good. 

Otherwise...

Almost done with the "Mage Apprentice Journal" for Fume's quest - Link

Added a Document for the "Ko'Maru/Mirabelle Letter" - Link

I'm mostly aware of things, but yeah, I can see how it can get confusing. I'll definitely try something like that. Maybe a Blog here on LL would work?

Yeah, well, the thing is, I won't be back home until the beginning of August or so, and even then, I will only be there for a few days (a week tops) and then I'm off again. I'm going to be busy with RL stuff while I'm there, so anything I can do to optimize my modding time during that period is more than welcome. That's why I asked. If things go well, I may be able to get an update out before I'm off again; otherwise, it will have to wait until September :s.

As for the method, whichever is more convenient for you. If you want to do a doc instead, that could work too. Hell, if you wanted to write it down in a .txt file and post it when I'm back home so I can go through, I guess that would work as well, lol.

Well, I do like Huskies(aside from those added by Immersive Creatures...mostly since they almost always attack you...why?), so I may try that with her. [...]

Of course, lol. Who doesn't like huskies  :P?

I didn't mean to imply you had to go for that specific idea, simply that I played with the tints to get that look, and perhaps some other combination of colors and tint options could have interesting results. Just my two cents.

Yeah, well, the thing is, I won't be back home until the beginning of August or so, and even then, I will only be there for a few days (a week tops) and then I'm off again. I'm going to be busy with RL stuff while I'm there, so anything I can do to optimize my modding time during that period is more than welcome. That's why I asked. If things go well, I may be able to get an update out before I'm off again; otherwise, it will have to wait until September :s.

As for the method, whichever is more convenient for you. If you want to do a doc instead, that could work too. Hell, if you wanted to write it down in a .txt file and post it when I'm back home so I can go through, I guess that would work as well, lol.

No rush, obviously.  ;)

Main reason I mention the blog, is because it's something a bit more visible, and it can possibly work as a overall content list, which I can likely just keep editing for new content. Like it not just having links to finished, in-progress or near-complete documents, but also describe characters, and the content planned for them. 

I didn't mean to imply you had to go for that specific idea, simply that I played with the tints to get that look, and perhaps some other combination of colors and tint options could have interesting results. Just my two cents.

It's fine, I was looking for ideas anyway. That is why I post stuff before it is complete(or close to that), for some kind of feedback, at least.  :P

No rush, obviously.  ;)

Main reason I mention the blog, is because it's something a bit more visible, and it can possibly work as a overall content list, which I can likely just keep editing for new content. Like it not just having links to finished, in-progress or near-complete documents, but also describe characters, and the content planned for them. 

Nah, no rush, it's just that I want to work on the mod and ideally get as much stuff done as I can. Not going to release a half-assed/content-void attempt at an update just to get rid of the modding itch, though, so chances are the next update will indeed come in September (probably after YA 3.0). Since I can't be sure, the chance of an August update is not completely discarded, though.

Okay, that sounds like a very good idea. I can link to the blog in the description too. Good catch  :shy:.

Ok, so I'm trying to recruit Moku, but I'm not seeing the dialog for a brawl. Is there a way to reset the relationship or something to force a brawl?

No brawl dialogue? Huh, that's weird. You should get a line that reads something like "You look like quite the fighter" or something like that (best I could come up with), and it should lead you to the brawl trigger.

It's working fine on my end, and there have been no other reports of such bugs, so it seems the issue is on your end. I'll still double-check the quest and dialogues to make sure I didn't miss anything that could cause it.

In the meantime, did the bug happen during your first game session (i.e. the game had not been closed between the point when you started a new game and found the bug)? There is a problem with mod-added dialogue that sometimes causes it to be missing until you save the game (with the mod installed), close it, and then launch it again and load that save, so perhaps that was your problem.

Perhaps a line insulting him would work better as a brawl trigger? Sort of the whole Nord's respect those with strength thing they have going on with the brawl participants liking you more after you clock them.

Hum, you see, Moku is a she, not a he. Also she is not a Nord, but a Selachii. You have confused her with some other NPC, but I don't know who could that be, lol  :huh:. The only Nords in the mod so far are Loki and Fenran, but none of them have anything to do with Moku.

As for the dialogue, it kinda sorta goes that way. It's something like the PC starts with"You look like quite the fighter, but I am better", then she says "you better be ready to back it up with your fists", and then you get the chance to accept the challenge/bet and start the brawl, or refuse (in which case you get a misc objective in your journal that points to her and the brawl). Not the exact dialogues, but it's more or less that.

I am not a very good writer, and since I wanted to make it fit with the Shared responses so it could be voiced, the replies were limited too, so I would be willing to change it if a better idea comes up.

Hum, you see, Moku is a she, not a he. Also she is not a Nord, but a Selachii. You have confused her with some other NPC, but I don't know who could that be, lol  :huh:. The only Nords in the mod so far are Loki and Fenran, but none of them have anything to do with Moku.

As for the dialogue, it kinda sorta goes that way. It's something like the PC starts with"You look like quite the fighter, but I am better", then she says "you better be ready to back it up with your fists", and then you get the chance to accept the challenge/bet and start the brawl, or refuse (in which case you get a misc objective in your journal that points to her and the brawl). Not the exact dialogues, but it's more or less that.

I am not a very good writer, and since I wanted to make it fit with the Shared responses so it could be voiced, the replies were limited too, so I would be willing to change it if a better idea comes up.

I tried the brawl myself, and it worked fine. Only problem is, it is not a good idea to try it at level one. Why? Claws, mostly. So she somewhat goes against the intention at this point, i.e a follower that is as simple to get as Sven or Fendal, if not more. Which is why I'd hope the brawl is moved to the specific Izma character, and possibly placed in that Rift location I mentioned, where possibly her level and the brawl would make a little more sense. No hurry on that, though. 

Anyway, it is obvious that I started that blog, and aside from the one I posted, I have three drafts going, one each for Current Characters, Planned Characters, and Backstory Characters(Marin, Sora, etc). Please tell me if I forgot something that really should go into the entry I already posted. I'm thinking of adding the perhaps obvious content warnings to it, which may seem less relevant, given that this is LL, but considering some of the characters, it may be of use to someone. Also, when I make any updates, I'll post a comment on the relevant entry. 

Perhaps a line insulting him would work better as a brawl trigger? Sort of the whole Nord's respect those with strength thing they have going on with the brawl participants liking you more after you clock them.

Ok. I knew she wasn't a Nord, but didn't know she was a she. Just meant in the lands of Skyrim strength is valued overall. Usually the characters with brawl dialog usually have a bragging personality (you think you could take me in a fight?) or aggressive/assholish (guy in Windhelm).

I ended up just using the console to set the relationship rank and add as a potential follower. It's probably just too many mods. (Mod till it breaks!) Now second question: I want to use devious devices with her, and while they work just fine with my male character (after installing devices for him), they almost​ work for her after batch building with BodySlide. For her, it's as if the device models are all just a hair back from where clothing normally falls on her. Suggestions?

I tried the brawl myself, and it worked fine. Only problem is, it is not a good idea to try it at level one. Why? Claws, mostly. So she somewhat goes against the intention at this point, i.e a follower that is as simple to get as Sven or Fendal, if not more. Which is why I'd hope the brawl is moved to the specific Izma character, and possibly placed in that Rift location I mentioned, where possibly her level and the brawl would make a little more sense. No hurry on that, though. 

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that. I guess I'll simply rename the current Moku NPC to Izma and move her to that place and create a new entry for Moku. Though I'm not sure if it will have any adverse effects on existing saves. I guess we will find out when the update is out.

As for Moku, I still would want to have some kind of interaction before she becomes available as a follower. Doesn't need to involve a brawl or anything like that, a few lines of dialogue would do. It's just that the idea of walking up to her the very first time you meet and saying "Follow me" right away is a bit weird.

Perhaps I could do what I did for Izma and use the shared dialogues to have voiced responses and give her a few lines where she agrees to tag along the player or something like that, and trigger the relationship increase afterwards. Just so there is a bit of justification for it. I mean, even Lydia gives you her first introduction lines when she is assigned to you, so there's that. I may try to come up with something, but if you think you can do it, that would be good as well. I can search for a list of shared dialogues so you know what responses are available too.

Anyway, it is obvious that I started that blog, and aside from the one I posted, I have three drafts going, one each for Current Characters, Planned Characters, and Backstory Characters(Marin, Sora, etc). Please tell me if I forgot something that really should go into the entry I already posted. I'm thinking of adding the perhaps obvious content warnings to it, which may seem less relevant, given that this is LL, but considering some of the characters, it may be of use to someone. Also, when I make any updates, I'll post a comment on the relevant entry. 

Yeah, saw it alredy. Didn't want to link before you did it yourself in case you still wanted to add some entries or edit the first one. For anyone interested, the blog is here: Writing for Sharks (yeah, nice name, lol  :D). I'll update the main post once it's got a bit more content. Don't want to trigger the "file updated" notification for anyone that may be tracking it only to find out I only added a link to the description.

I'd say the first entry is just fine, wouldn't know what else to add, so by all means go ahead with the other entries :shy:. As for content warnings, I wouldn't consider it mandatory, but if you want to add it, sure, it won't hurt.

Ok. I knew she wasn't a Nord, but didn't know she was a she. Just meant in the lands of Skyrim strength is valued overall. Usually the characters with brawl dialog usually have a bragging personality (you think you could take me in a fight?) or aggressive/assholish (guy in Windhelm).

Oh, okay, I get it now.

I ended up just using the console to set the relationship rank and add as a potential follower. It's probably just too many mods. (Mod till it breaks!) Now second question: I want to use devious devices with her, and while they work just fine with my male character (after installing devices for him), they almost​ work for her after batch building with BodySlide. For her, it's as if the device models are all just a hair back from where clothing normally falls on her. Suggestions?

You want to deck her out in bondage gear? Okay, but beware: if things get kinky with her, watch out, she may bite (playfully), lol  :P.

Now, seriously, except for gags and similar head gear (which obviously will look bad/clip with the head due to its unique shape), the rest of the DD items should work just fine on Selachii, just like they do on any other race. Try using the items on other (vanilla) NPCs and see if they have the same problem.

Also try rebuilding them in Bodyslide just in case. You did use the corresponding set to the body you have, right? As in, the CBBE set if you use CBBE or the UUNP set if you use any UNP-based body? Perhaps you mixed them up and that's why the items don't match your body shape.
Edited by Blaze69

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that. I guess I'll simply rename the current Moku NPC to Izma and move her to that place and create a new entry for Moku. Though I'm not sure if it will have any adverse effects on existing saves. I guess we will find out when the update is out.

As for Moku, I still would want to have some kind of interaction before she becomes available as a follower. Doesn't need to involve a brawl or anything like that, a few lines of dialogue would do. It's just that the idea of walking up to her the very first time you meet and saying "Follow me" right away is a bit weird.

I can probably get some location reference for it at some point, so it is easy to find - rather than having to search for it. I know what that is like(namely with the Hot Springs Of Skyrim mod, where I cannot find the Rift Hot Spring). I have a mod that adds map markers for things like Dragon Mounds, camps, hidden chests, shops, etc, so I'd have a marker for that specific camp. It's the Atlus Map Markers mod, though I also am using Kryptopr's updated version(a separate mod in MO). It does get a bit cluttered in some places, but I still like it. 

Yeah, she will at least have a bit of dialog before you get the follower option. I don't have any quest ideas for her at the moment(and perhaps I shouldn't, given all the other content to work on), but I'll probably think of something at some point. 

Yeah, saw it alredy. Didn't want to link before you did it yourself in case you still wanted to add some entries or edit the first one. For anyone interested, the blog is here: Writing for Sharks (yeah, nice name, lol   :D). I'll update the main post once it's got a bit more content. Don't want to trigger the "file updated" notification for anyone that may be tracking it only to find out I only added a link to the description.

I'd say the first entry is just fine, wouldn't know what else to add, so by all means go ahead with the other entries  :shy:. As for content warnings, I wouldn't consider it mandatory, but if you want to add it, sure, it won't hurt.

I have a lot of the Draft entries outlined, I just need to do the writing for a lot of the characters. Maybe say, Mizuno/Ko'Maru/Lana is done, but a sparse few of the rest in the Current Characters entry are. It probably is no surprise that Marin has a whole damn paragraph, almost two, to herself - which may be more when it is done. Actually ironed out a few details for Hazu, whose mentioned in the Legacy book. 

I can probably get some location reference for it at some point, so it is easy to find - rather than having to search for it. I know what that is like(namely with the Hot Springs Of Skyrim mod, where I cannot find the Rift Hot Spring). I have a mod that adds map markers for things like Dragon Mounds, camps, hidden chests, shops, etc, so I'd have a marker for that specific camp. [...]

I think I've found the camp you were refering to. It's west of Sarethi Farm, by the lake, right? Here. A tent, two bedrolls, an empty chest and a coin purse next to a note pointing to the treasure chest nearby. It's not a bad location, but it's implied to be owned by the treasure hunters that are digging at the treasure location when you get there. We would have to either link Izma to the hunters somehow, or get rid of them altogether.

Since we already edited vanilla NPCs in the case of the Hot Springs and Kanet/Fenran/Jena, I think we could do the same here if we wanted because those hunters are not found anywhere else in the game and according to their data their hostility is triggered by the aggro radius and not by hostile factions or anything like that. In fact, except for their inventory and said AI settings, everything else is taken from the standard hunter template (if you calm them, you even get the "I've been hunting in this parts for years" greeting and the trading dialogue). So they could be made neutral/friendly if need be.

Hum, now that I think about it, there could be a mini quest linked to that, if we consider Izma as allied/working with the hunters somehow. Go straight for the chest and kill the hunters, and you can talk to Izma afterwards; she either doesn't care (and you still have to beat her to unlock her as a follower) or is impressed/relieved/bored/whatever and decides to tag along you if you want. Meet Izma at the camp first instead and win the brawl, and the hunters are friendly and you get to loot the chest freely. Huh, will have to work on the idea for a bit, but I could see it working.

I think I've found the camp you were refering to. It's west of Sarethi Farm, by the lake, right? Here. A tent, two bedrolls, an empty chest and a coin purse next to a note pointing to the treasure chest nearby. It's not a bad location, but it's implied to be owned by the treasure hunters that are digging at the treasure location when you get there. We would have to either link Izma to the hunters somehow, or get rid of them altogether.

Since we already edited vanilla NPCs in the case of the Hot Springs and Kanet/Fenran/Jena, I think we could do the same here if we wanted because those hunters are not found anywhere else in the game and according to their data their hostility is triggered by the aggro radius and not by hostile factions or anything like that. In fact, except for their inventory and said AI settings, everything else is taken from the standard hunter template (if you calm them, you even get the "I've been hunting in this parts for years" greeting and the trading dialogue). So they could be made neutral/friendly if need be.

Hum, now that I think about it, there could be a mini quest linked to that, if we consider Izma as allied/working with the hunters somehow. Go straight for the chest and kill the hunters, and you can talk to Izma afterwards; she either doesn't care (and you still have to beat her to unlock her as a follower) or is impressed/relieved/bored/whatever and decides to tag along you if you want. Meet Izma at the camp first instead and win the brawl, and the hunters are friendly and you get to loot the chest freely. Huh, will have to work on the idea for a bit, but I could see it working.

Yep, that's it. 

I think one possible idea would be to make them Selachii. Which then helps with an idea I had. 

Yeah, I'd agree about that, it sounds good. However, I had the idea for a quest, kind of a treasure hunt of sorts.

Once you beat Izma in a brawl, no matter if the two hunters are dead or not, there will be an option to ask Izma about the treasure they were after. See, perhaps she was in Riften when she heard about this treasure, supposedly one buried by some rich Nord that loved the idea of sending someone on a hunt for a significant sum of gold. So she gets the help of two Selachii living in Riften, and heads out to the supposed location. 

The quest first has you going to the chest, which is locked(i.e with Requires Key) until you've spoken with Izma and won her brawl. Inside you would find no pile of gold or other treasures, just a note with a hint to the next location. You can either figure out the location yourself, or ask Izma for help, where she would not give you the exact place to go to, just the basic area(possibly no quest markers for this either) - the note saying something like "In sight of the towers and the falls...", which would lead you to the area below the water fall, in sight of Valthiem Towers, a good distance from that troll cave. There you would find a submerged chest nearby, which would contain another note, this one finishing the like with something like "...in view of the pale run.", leading you perhaps the chest guarded by a Sabre Cat(or other leveled enemy) on the other side of the towers, or another similarly submerged chest. 

Tucked inside lid of the chest would be a note, and the the chest is locked otherwise. The note just congratulates you on finding the treasure, and it opens once you've read the note and talked to Izma. But, the outcome depends on if you killed the two hunters or not. If you did not, then say if the amount in the chest is 20,000 gold, then the player gets 5,000, the rest going to Izma and the two hunters. If you did kill them, then the gold is split between you and Izma, the player getting 10,000 gold.  The numbers could be changed around a bit, but the idea is for the reward to be significant. 

While it does sound like killing the hunters is the better option(at least if you would want the most gold possible), the idea is that if you spare them, within a day or so after the quest is finished, you can find them back in Riften, and they both will be friendly to the player. Izma won't likely change much no matter how much she gets, as perhaps for her it was more the thrill of finding the treasure, and she would just take her time in thinking of what she wants to do with her share.

Yep, that's it. 

I think one possible idea would be to make them Selachii. Which then helps with an idea I had. 

Yeah, I'd agree about that, it sounds good. However, I had the idea for a quest, kind of a treasure hunt of sorts... [...]

Oh, I see. The idea is not bad, but I think it could be a little out of my league at the moment. The quest setup I mentioned is easier and actually feasible, though it would require some stuff I haven't done before. Part of the reason I wanted to work on it too was to slowly improve my quest/scripting skills.

So I think I may go for my idea first and then once I have the required knowledge/skill I could go for something more complex like the quest style you suggest. Maybe leave the latter for Fume, since she will need a quest at some point? That way, we can give her a proper complex questline and so instead of a simple(er) one like the one I was talking about for Izma.

The idea of making the treasure hunters Selachii is not bad, something to bear in mind while planning the whole thing. Will have to create the presets and NPCs, though. We'll see.

I'm interested in this mod. What happens if something like Improved Closefaced Helmets is used with your race?

There will probably be some issues. Most notably, clipping.

The shark heads are a very close (if not 100%) match of the vanilla human head shapes on the back, top and sides (aka everywhere except for the nose/snout). This means any helmet or head item that doesn't cover the front or only covers a bit of the forehead at most (i.e. Imperial helmets, Blades helmets, circlets, etc.) should look fine, but everything else will clip. Since the mod takes care of Closefaced helmets, they will clip for sure.

I could make a patch that adds Selachii-specific meshes to vanilla helmets using ICH as a base, but A) it would be incompatible with other certain custom race mods (causing them to use shark meshes instead of humanoid ones), depending on how their ArmorRace entries are set up, and B) I would have to make both a YA version and a vanilla one. Also my mesh-editing posibilities are somewhat limited, so that's a thing to bear in mind too.

Still, now that the idea has been brought up, I will look into it when I get the chance in case I can come up with something like that.

So I think I may go for my idea first and then once I have the required knowledge/skill I could go for something more complex like the quest style you suggest. Maybe leave the latter for Fume, since she will need a quest at some point? That way, we can give her a proper complex questline and so instead of a simple(er) one like the one I was talking about for Izma.

That's fine. But for Fume I already have a quest idea lined up - the Reunion in Death quest I mentioned before. I have some more details for it in the next blog entry, though it is basically what I already mentioned, with only one detail left out, as that is quite the spoiler.