Has that indent on the inner side of the ears been there before? The nostrils came out decent, but not the best. Most of the problem is the low poly mesh though. I think it's best if I lower the gills towards the bottom of the neck. There is less stretching there. I should probably only have the ear holes on the normal map in order to get rid of that cross caused by stretched polygons. Also, were the eyes already sunken in like that or is it cause by the normal map?

Yeah, that indent was there before, but it's mostly a normal map artifact caused by the mesh topology not being exactly built for proturding ears/fins there. I don't think it's that much of a problem. On the plus side, the fin detail line you put in the hi-poly seems to have translated acceptably into the normal map.

I wouldn't move the gills downwards a lot because you would be getting dangerously close to the neck seam and that could cause more issues. Though you are right about that area being less stretched, so I guess we can give it a shot and restore them to their current position if it doesn't look good.

Yeah, sounds about right with the ear holes. Having them on the mesh itself doesn't really add any detail but it does cause some stretching and the normal renderer seems to have some problems with it as well.

The eyes were already like that, yes. Though one of the recent additions was to restore the eye movement morphs (look down, look up, etc), so chances are I took the pics when the eye moving animation was being played and thus you see them in a slightly different position than where you placed them originally. Also the new normal map conforms better to the shape there and thus the depth is more noticeable ingame than with the old one.

For Haru's journal, I'm actually not that far with it. Only the first entry is done at this point, and I'm planning at least three more - so no mentions of Kanet just yet(probably will go with the Hyena description for her, rather than Tiger, when I do). 

So here is a link to a document for his journal - link

A few previews too. 

Perhaps it was my naive sense of how things worked, but I had little knowledge of what she meant. Though I was quick to understand, given that her actions left little room for direct questions, though they did inspire a few others, which I felt little need to voice.

She left me little time to agree, as she slid her hands under my shirt, slowly tucking her fingers into the waist of my trousers. One of her hands pulled at the knot that held them up, and she slid them down. Her eyes went wide as she stared at the bulge in my underwear, one of her hands reaching out to rub it.

“What is this fabric? It looks like nothing I have seen before.” She smirked. “It must feel good, does it not?”

With a shrug, she pulled them down. Her eyes became one of shock, as she looked up at me, her gaze switching a few times. “This is...well, I was expecting something like I have seen on Khajiit. Yours looks like...” She did not finish that statement, and later I did explain things to her – not that she really minded.

I sank to the ground, watching as she looked down at her shirt. Both of us were somewhat surprised at the slight bulge in her stomach, which was not there before. Almost expecting her to be angry, she started laughing instead. “You need to take care of yourself more often, especially if you can nearly piss out that much. I would like to see that though.”

I asked about what I had to do, and she still would not give me the full details. “We...get things for people. If you want to prove yourself, all you have to do is steal a certain ring from that stall-” She nudged her head in the direction of the stall she had been looking at . “- and if you do it, you have the job. The ring is silver, the band made up of two dragons, with a emerald gem.”

She then walked away from me leaving me to stare at the stall. In this time, I considered what she said. Here I was, a rich boy in the Imperial city – I had no need to steal. But this was not stealing bread, not something menial like that. This was something else. I do not know if it was a slight voice in my head, or perhaps just nerves, but I felt as if it was a challenge. Perhaps easy, perhaps difficult. 

Could you add a female Hermaphrodite Shark named Izma? She's from Fenoxos Corruption of champions. There is a description of her and pictures of what people think she looks like.

Sure, I can give it a shot.

Could you post a direct link to that information, wherever it is, though? That way I don't have to go searching for it or play CoC. Not that I don't like the game, mind you; quite the opposite :P. It's just that it's really addictive, and I'd rather not get hooked on it (again). At least not at the moment.

Could you add a female Hermaphrodite Shark named Izma? She's from Fenoxos Corruption of champions. There is a description of her and pictures of what people think she looks like.

Sure, I can give it a shot.

Could you post a direct link to that information, wherever it is, though? That way I don't have to go searching for it or play CoC. Not that I don't like the game, mind you; quite the opposite :P. It's just that it's really addictive, and I'd rather not get hooked on it (again). At least not at the moment.

Sweeeeeet I can give her fist weapons from a different mod ^.^ that's her description from the wiki

http://coc-revamp-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Izma

It doesn't have to be exact either xD and a fan picture 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/15/e2/6115e26ad0a5acbb20dfd2452ab84562.jpg

https://luscious.net/c/furries/pictures/album/corruption-of-champions-fanart_78959/id/4106261/@_083_af_izma

Basically just a tiger shark with long white hair. 

Sweeeeeet I can give her fist weapons from a different mod ^.^ that's her description from the wiki

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/15/e2/6115e26ad0a5acbb20dfd2452ab84562.jpg

https://luscious.net/c/furries/pictures/album/corruption-of-champions-fanart_78959/id/4106261/@_083_af_izma

Well, most of her appearance can be achieved right now, yes. The head would be the current full-beast one instead of the "humanoid head with some shark-like traits" one she seems to have in CoC, and her "equipment" would lack the, huh, extra features (Wrex would say she's got a quad :P), but that's it.

The only thing that could be problematic would be the stripes. I would like to have a tigershark skin at some point, but I have not gotten arround to doing it, and I'm not sure I will be able to do so in the near future. Worst case scenario, she stays a "regular" shark until the tigershark skin is finished.

From the pm, I put the gills back up a little, but made the gills thinner as a result. I want to avoid the stretching as much as I can. Based on the in game pics, I don't think it will be too much of a problem and there now should be enough room for editing.

Also, how do you feel about the thick scale design around the eyes?

91b7fc680348d8962d74474de4d0fa5c.png

From the pm, I put the gills back up a little, but made the gills thinner as a result. I want to avoid the stretching as much as I can. Based on the in game pics, I don't think it will be too much of a problem and there now should be enough room for editing.

Also, how do you feel about the thick scale design around the eyes?

91b7fc680348d8962d74474de4d0fa5c.png

Well, still close to the seam, but I think now I can work with that, so that's good.

That eye detail looks nice indeed, but it made me think. If you can send me both the head shown in the pics and also another one similar to it except for the eyes restored to their previos (smoother) design, I can bake both normals and offer them as different options in the Complexion slider, just like you have different wrinkled or freckled face options for humanoid races alongside the standard default texture. Just an idea, though; as I said, I like that new design, so if we have to stick to just that one, that's good as well.

I love this race mod, it's awesome. But if you're taking requests, I have one: could you make a digitigrade version?

Well... that was on the To-Do list, and Nightro even built some great looking high-poly digi feet, but BadDog is the one that knows how to get digitigrade feet ingame, and he had problems when trying to port those.

IIRC, getting it right would require at the very least for the current meshes to be rebuilt from scratch on the plantigradre stance so that BD can properly do his skeleton/rigging magic and get it into the digitigrade config. Plus, even if we were to rush it and build the new mesh, BD is busy with the 3.0 update for Yiffy Age, so it would still take quite a while.

So, yeah, it's not going to happen anytime soon :s. But I still want to do it at some point.

I love this race mod, it's awesome. But if you're taking requests, I have one: could you make a digitigrade version?

Well... that was on the To-Do list, and Nightro even built some great looking high-poly digi feet, but BadDog is the one that knows how to get digitigrade feet ingame, and he had problems when trying to port those.

IIRC, getting it right would require at the very least for the current meshes to be rebuilt from scratch on the plantigradre stance so that BD can properly do his skeleton/rigging magic and get it into the digitigrade config. Plus, even if we were to rush it and build the new mesh, BD is busy with the 3.0 update for Yiffy Age, so it would still take quite a while.

So, yeah, it's not going to happen anytime soon :s. But I still want to do it at some point.

Oh! Well, at least it's on the to-do list, yeah? I'm looking forward to it!

Well, most of her appearance can be achieved right now, yes. The head would be the current full-beast one instead of the "humanoid head with some shark-like traits" one she seems to have in CoC, and her "equipment" would lack the, huh, extra features (Wrex would say she's got a quad :P), but that's it.

The only thing that could be problematic would be the stripes. I would like to have a tigershark skin at some point, but I have not gotten arround to doing it, and I'm not sure I will be able to do so in the near future. Worst case scenario, she stays a "regular" shark until the tigershark skin is finished.

That's fine! A red shark is good too :D and a shark face is awesome, I always imagined her like that anyways.

That's fine! A red shark is good too :D and a shark face is awesome, I always imagined her like that anyways.

Well, then I'll add her to the To-Do list. She will probably be included with the next update in the NPC plugin. I don't have any specific backstory for her or anything like that, and honestly there are some other NPCs with already planned quests and such that would have preference whenever I get around creating/extending quests, so expect her to be just a generic follower.

Though looking at her interactions in CoC, I may try to give her a "Brawl" dialogue option, just like the one Uthgerd has, and make her a friend and follower (and marriage candidate) if you win. Would match the way you get her as a friend/companion in CoC, and should be easy to do unless the whole Brawl thing is harcoded to specific NPCs for some reason (that would probably not prevent me from adding it to her, it would just be more cumbersome). We'll see.

Oh! Well, at least it's on the to-do list, yeah? I'm looking forward to it!

Well, it just so turns out you may get what you want sooner than expected...

This was posted by BadDog on the Yiffy Age thread.

Another topic -- Nitro, I'm looking for the beast feet you did a while back and I can't find them. I tried to get them set up for the game and gave it up because the system I was using wasn't working for me, but I may have worked out a better system. I'm trying it out on the shark feet but if it works I want to see if I can get better beast feet.[...]

So, don't keep your hopes up, but it may happen soon  :shy:.

Well, then I'll add her to the To-Do list. She will probably be included with the next update in the NPC plugin. I don't have any specific backstory for her or anything like that, and honestly there are some other NPCs with already planned quests and such that would have preference whenever I get around creating/extending quests, so expect her to be just a generic follower.

Though looking at her interactions in CoC, I may try to give her a "Brawl" dialogue option, just like the one Uthgerd has, and make her a friend and follower (and marriage candidate) if you win. Would match the way you get her as a friend/companion in CoC, and should be easy to do unless the whole Brawl thing is harcoded to specific NPCs for some reason (that would probably not prevent me from adding it to her, it would just be more cumbersome). We'll see.

Wow! That would be awesome! It would be a good Easter egg for those that played CoC ^.^

[...] Though looking at her interactions in CoC, I may try to give her a "Brawl" dialogue option, just like the one Uthgerd has, and make her a friend and follower (and marriage candidate) if you win. Would match the way you get her as a friend/companion in CoC, and should be easy to do unless the whole Brawl thing is harcoded to specific NPCs for some reason (that would probably not prevent me from adding it to her, it would just be more cumbersome). We'll see.

Wow! That would be awesome! It would be a good Easter egg for those that played CoC ^.^

Well, I've got kind of bad news. The brawl system is indeed harcoded for specific NPCs, or at least the generic "Fight! Fight!" quest used by Uthgerd and the others is. Doing some dirty workarounds, I managed to force the brawl dialog to appear and to trigger, but the main point of the brawl (the relationship increase that would add her as a potential follower/spouse) does not work.

I have checked the only vanilla NPC with a specific brawl option via a quest, Hofgrir Horse-Crusher from the Riften Stables, and I think I may be able to take that quest apart and use it as a base to build a custom quest and brawl dialogue for Izma. Won't be as easy as I thought, but should be doable.

Another thing I've thought is to replace Moku with Izma. Moku doesn't exactly have the best of backstories (or any tangible story at all, for that matter), and she feels somewhat... cheap, like those countless followers dumped at the Sleeping Giant or the Bannered Mare. If I replace her with Izma and figure out the whole brawl thing, you would have to actually earn her first, and I would give her a moderately high minimum level so that you are unlikely to do so at level 1 or 2. But these are just random ideas, and I would want to hear Kuroyami's thoughts on it as well. You know, being the author of the NPCs and all :shy:.

In the meantime, I created a preset for Izma. Not completely sure about it, though; I basically eyeballed her skin tone and hair color from the linked pics and some extra ones in e621, and then tried to adjust them to fit Skyrim a bit better (she would obviously have an uncommon red/orange color, but there is a difference between "bright" and "glowing neon" or "crayon").

This is what I've got so far (note that her exact appearance will vary depending on what ENB you use or the lack thereof):

Any thoughts?

[...] Though looking at her interactions in CoC, I may try to give her a "Brawl" dialogue option, just like the one Uthgerd has, and make her a friend and follower (and marriage candidate) if you win. Would match the way you get her as a friend/companion in CoC, and should be easy to do unless the whole Brawl thing is harcoded to specific NPCs for some reason (that would probably not prevent me from adding it to her, it would just be more cumbersome). We'll see.

Well, I've got kind of bad news. The brawl system is indeed harcoded for specific NPCs, or at least the generic "Fight! Fight!" quest used by Uthgerd and the others is. Doing some dirty workarounds, I managed to force the brawl dialog to appear and to trigger, but the main point of the brawl (the relationship increase that would add her as a potential follower/spouse) does not work.

I have checked the only vanilla NPC with a specific brawl option via a quest, Hofgrir Horse-Crusher from the Riften Stables, and I think I may be able to take that quest apart and use it as a base to build a custom quest and brawl dialogue for Izma. Won't be as easy as I thought, but should be doable.

Another thing I've thought is to replace Moku with Izma. Moku doesn't exactly have the best of backstories (or any tangible story at all, for that matter), and she feels somewhat... cheap, like those countless followers dumped at the Sleeping Giant or the Bannered Mare. If I replace her with Izma and figure out the whole brawl thing, you would have to actually earn her first, and I would give her a moderately high minimum level so that you are unlikely to do so at level 1 or 2. But these are just random ideas, and I would want to hear Kuroyami's thoughts on it as well. You know, being the author of the NPCs and all :shy:.

In the meantime, I created a preset for Izma. Not completely sure about it, though; I basically eyeballed her skin tone and hair color from the linked pics and some extra ones in e621, and then tried to adjust them to fit Skyrim a bit better (she would obviously have an uncommon red/orange color, but there is a difference between "bright" and "glowing neon" or "crayon").

This is what I've got so far (note that her exact appearance will vary depending on what ENB you use or the lack thereof):

attachicon.gifShark_Izma.jpg attachicon.gifShark_Izma_Closeup.png

Any thoughts?

I like it! And I don't want you to have to work too hard on making a pretty accurate version her, I honestly just expected a decent one, but looking at the picture made me excited at the possibilities, such as I can imagine her with a small pair of glasses (Nobody will probably make one JUST for a shark xD) and tiger stripes all over her body.

Even if the brawl idea doesn't pan out it is fun to imagine the concept of fighting a super tough shark chick and then having her follow you ^.^

I'm super fine with whatever you whip up and to be honest it makes me sad I couldn't learn to do all these things either. I had wanted to at one point and I tried but I don't think I was intelligent enough to get over the problems I had learning to animate or make meshes. Either that or I just wasn't persistent enough, otherwise I think I'd be trying to make a real good Izma or at least help in some way ;-; 

Just fanboying too, I like Moku, even if she doesn't really have a backstory or reason for being there (Skyrim needs more Shark people!) But maybe you could put Izma in some beach somewhere or near a little lake or river where she has a little camp and some books in a chest! I don't know if you ever met her in CoC, And I think that's pretty much how you meet her there anyways.

I like it! And I don't want you to have to work too hard on making a pretty accurate version her, I honestly just expected a decent one, but looking at the picture made me excited at the possibilities, such as I can imagine her with a small pair of glasses (Nobody will probably make one JUST for a shark xD) and tiger stripes all over her body.

Yeah, well, with the distinctive stuff like hair and skin tone, it wasn't that hard to get it right. In fact, the skin tone is one of the slider presets, with some very slight tweaks, and same goes for the hair. So most of the work was browsing through the sliders, lol  :P.

Saw the glasses on the designs and the description. Should be possible, but would take some work, not only because of the face shape and eye placement but also because I don't think I've seen glasses like those available for Skyrim.

Though I'll admit I haven't spent much time looking for those kind of glasses; I am more of a "modern/sci-fi glasses" kind of person. In fact, I did manage to port some human glasses for use with Khajiits and Lykaios and similar beast races. So, if anyone wants their cat/wolf/tiger/panther or whatever to wear some Ray-Ban Aviators or a somewhat distorted version of Garrus' custom Kuwashii Scouter from Mass Effect, let me know and I'll see if I can find the files in my stuff, lol  :P.

As for the tiger stripes, as I said before, probably not going to happen anytime soon, but I want it to happen at some point.

Even if the brawl idea doesn't pan out it is fun to imagine the concept of fighting a super tough shark chick and then having her follow you ^.^

Indeed  :P.

I'm super fine with whatever you whip up and to be honest it makes me sad I couldn't learn to do all these things either. I had wanted to at one point and I tried but I don't think I was intelligent enough to get over the problems I had learning to animate or make meshes. Either that or I just wasn't persistent enough, otherwise I think I'd be trying to make a real good Izma or at least help in some way ;-; 

Just fanboying too, I like Moku, even if she doesn't really have a backstory or reason for being there (Skyrim needs more Shark people!) But maybe you could put Izma in some beach somewhere or near a little lake or river where she has a little camp and some books in a chest! I don't know if you ever met her in CoC, And I think that's pretty much how you meet her there anyways.

Well, you provided the idea and the reference. I'd say that's at least something :shy:.

Yeah, I may look into placing her in a camp somewhere. But nothing definitive for now, if anything, I will first focus on getting the whole brawl quest deal done, and the other details will come later.

Just fanboying too, I like Moku, even if she doesn't really have a backstory or reason for being there (Skyrim needs more Shark people!) 

May do something else with her, I'm not sure. Somewhat focusing on Fume(a follower already in the mod, and will have a quest), Gaku(a planned NPC that will be hopefully accessible on Solsthiem, and a requirement of the Dragonborn questline having been started), Haru(a NPC already in the mod, and I'm writing a journal for him), and a book which will be in Ko'Maru's room at the College.  

Saw the glasses on the designs and the description. Should be possible, but would take some work, not only because of the face shape and eye placement but also because I don't think I've seen glasses like those available for Skyrim.

Though I'll admit I haven't spent much time looking for those kind of glasses; I am more of a "modern/sci-fi glasses" kind of person. In fact, I did manage to port some human glasses for use with Khajiits and Lykaios and similar beast races. So, if anyone wants their cat/wolf/tiger/panther or whatever to wear some Ray-Ban Aviators or a somewhat distorted version of Garrus' custom Kuwashii Scouter from Mass Effect, let me know and I'll see if I can find the files in my stuff, lol  :P.

I have seen this mod, Realistic Eyeglasses, which already works with Khajiit and Argonians. 

Otherwise, I mostly try to say lore friendly with things, save for a few things I that might not be, though I think still fit, or just are too good to not use. I have one character right now using Narsil from LotR. 

Hey Blaze. Can you do me a huge favor and send an OBJ of each weapon type in their basic forms? Or whichever you think looks decent or a type you like from mods too. I may do the Sharkmer weapons early. Well, the meshes anyways. This way, all the weapons will be properly scaled and positioned for Skyrim by default. EDIT: Doesn't have to be soon. Anywhere between now and early June is fine.

I like to work on multiple projects so I can continue to work, but also gives me time to think or get more inspiration for others projects for more detail. Non-organic models are just easier to create/design and want to build up a collection for my game. Also for a huge mod with the Sharkmer ones being exclusive to you of course. Any aquatic weapon concept art for inspiration is welcome.

Also, I stayed longer than expected and am now back, but is passed midnight. So I will try and help figure out the normal map issue tomorrow. I stay up late anyways, but like to stay up to date on a lot of stuff that I wish to catch up on (maybe me just being lazy for the most part). Some pics of the problem might help too.

I like to work on multiple projects so I can continue to work, but also gives me time to think or get more inspiration for others projects for more detail. Non-organic models are just easier to create/design and want to build up a collection for my game. Also for a huge mod with the Sharkmer ones being exclusive to you of course. Any aquatic weapon concept art for inspiration is welcome.

Not sure of any concept art, but most of the Selachii weapons would be inspired by Japanese weapons, with maybe some variants of swords having either the whole edge or part of it be serrated. Something Kaiyo would possibly use is a Katana with some touches of a cutlass. 

Something I did want to ask about, would be possibly doing an armor for Kaiyo? Mostly since there seems to be nothing really available that fits. 

Something I did want to ask about, would be possibly doing an armor for Kaiyo? Mostly since there seems to be nothing really available that fits. 

Kaiyo? Is that one of your follower mods?

I got this "Meaning of Kaiyo-History and Origin. In Japanese, the name Kaiyo means-forgiveness.The name Kaiyo originated as an Japanese name. The name Kaiyo is most often used as a girl name or female name"

I'll be doing Sharkmer armor at a later date. No ETA.

Hey Blaze. Can you do me a huge favor and send an OBJ of each weapon type in their basic forms? Or whichever you think looks decent or a type you like from mods too. I may do the Sharkmer weapons early. Well, the meshes anyways. This way, all the weapons will be properly scaled and positioned for Skyrim by default. EDIT: Doesn't have to be soon. Anywhere between now and early June is fine.

I'll look into it. Since weapons are set up in a completely different way from character meshes (lacking rigging and stuff), I may have to look into new weapon creation for Skyrim, but there seem to be a lot of tutorials about it, so I guess it's okay.

Not sure how well will NifSkope handle the export process and if the scale and placement will be kept, but I'll try to export the meshes and send them to you at some point. I'll probably just pack the Steel weapons (Iron would be the actual "basic" set but they are ugly), and I'll throw something like the Akaviri Katana as well, so you get an idea of how katanas are built in the vanilla game.

Well, that sounds like a great idea  :shy:. Don't have many ideas or concepts on aquatic-inspired weapons, though. I may look into it. In the meantime, as Kuroyami said, the idea would be to throw some japanese weapon inspiration into the mix as well, with things like katanas, tantos and so being the base designs for the weapons. Mainly due to the Akaviri connection and the current designs and lore.

Also, I stayed longer than expected and am now back, but is passed midnight. So I will try and help figure out the normal map issue tomorrow. I stay up late anyways, but like to stay up to date on a lot of stuff that I wish to catch up on (maybe me just being lazy for the most part). Some pics of the problem might help too.

No worries about the normals, I'm not in a rush. As for the problem, the current normals don't have actual visible seams, but there is a noticeable "transition" between skin textures (again, meaning the physical/visual property) close to the actual mesh seam. Nothing too extreme or jarring, but it is somewhat noticeable, and stuff like the small bumps at the spine (seamlessly) vanish at the neck seam due to this.

So the idea would be to do the whole neck-to-torso transition on the hi-poly mesh for baking in order to keep the detail consistant and seamless and to prevent that transition I mention. Still, I'll see if I can get some pics of the problem.

Not sure of any concept art, but most of the Selachii weapons would be inspired by Japanese weapons, with maybe some variants of swords having either the whole edge or part of it be serrated. Something Kaiyo would possibly use is a Katana with some touches of a cutlass. [...]

Yep, pretty much this. Just some ideas, though, it's not like the weapons have to be exactly like that.

Kaiyo? Is that one of your follower mods? [...]

Kaiyo is one of the (planned and yet to be designed and implemented) NPCs. A pirate, or privateer. Or was it corsair? (I know there is an actual difference between those, but can't remember it right now).

Anyway, the idea is to use pirate-ish aesthetics, and thus Kuroyami's request for a katana (Selachii) with a bit of cutlass (pirate/sailor) thrown in. Or that's what I got, at least. Feel free to correct me, K, 'cause with the amount of characters already planned, it's hard to remember them all without the list at hand, lol  :P.

Not sure of any concept art, but most of the Selachii weapons would be inspired by Japanese weapons, with maybe some variants of swords having either the whole edge or part of it be serrated. Something Kaiyo would possibly use is a Katana with some touches of a cutlass. [...]

Yep, pretty much this. Just some ideas, though, it's not like the weapons have to be exactly like that.

Kaiyo? Is that one of your follower mods? [...]

Kaiyo is one of the (planned and yet to be designed and implemented) NPCs. A pirate, or privateer. Or was it corsair? (I know there is an actual difference between those, but can't remember it right now).

Anyway, the idea is to use pirate-ish aesthetics, and thus Kuroyami's request for a katana (Selachii) with a bit of cutlass (pirate/sailor) thrown in. Or that's what I got, at least. Feel free to correct me, K, 'cause with the amount of characters already planned, it's hard to remember them all without the list at hand, lol  :P.

Sorry, I only plan to make race specific armor, not character specific armor. Only clothes and old rags come to mind when thinking of pirates. Never heard of pirate armor before and in all honesty, don't really have any desire or inspiration in pirate designs.

EDIT: The best you can do is link a design, and if I like it, I may do something similar. The only clothes I'll be doing is tight swimsuit-like materials for underneath the armor.