It was quick, but are these the edits you were looking for?

https://gyazo.com/72a345323dc93b4ab15407db8ccc6e9a

Edit: Huh? 8:56 to 9:43? Could have sworn it was only 15 minutes at the latest.

Yeah, that looks more like it. It doesn't exactly scream "shark" by looking at the mesh, but then again, neither do the any of the face designs I can find for anthro sharks, and it looks great so far. I like where this is going.  :P

And yeah, that happens to me as well. Start posting a "quick" reply hoping to catch whoever is intended to be the reciever still online only to find out you've taken half an hour to post and they are long gone now, lol.  :s

EDIT: BTW, what are you planning for male heads? Giving them the overall same shape as females, or doing something specific for them? IMO this same design translated to the male head would work just fine, but if you have any other ideas, then I'll take whatever you prefer.

Edited by Blaze69

Yeah, that looks more like it. It doesn't exactly scream "shark" by looking at the mesh, but then again, neither do the any of the face designs I can find for anthro sharks, and it looks great so far. I like where this is going.  :P

And yeah, that happens to me as well. Start posting a "quick" reply hoping to catch whoever is intended to be the reciever still online only to find out you've taken half an hour to post and they are long gone now, lol.  :s

EDIT: BTW, what are you planning for male heads? Giving them the overall same shape as females, or doing something specific for them? IMO this same design translated to the male head would work just fine, but if you have any other ideas, then I'll take whatever you prefer.

Well I thought I had it looking shark like further back, but you wanted it based off of certain pictures which frankly, looks kind of like aquatic dragons to me. The picture of the mesh you posted was pretty good. A realistic shark design is difficult to give a character like feel though and would seem more like an enemy monster you are supposed to defeat. So at the same time I believe the way you wanted it shows more character like features.

As you also mentioned before of wanting the snout pointed more upwards, that's even closer down the line of anthro than an actual shark because they are pointed more straight and a bit downwards while the underside curves upwards. If I went for the basic shark design, it would be more difficult to make differences between male and female. As for the males, I might smooth areas out for the current female and I'll be giving the males more dominant features while still keeping the same design. But we need to see if the females works first.

To make it more shark-like, you would also have to throw the human head shape thing out the door. The upper and back head yes, but no bangs at all and the sides wouldn't look al least decent. It was quite troublesome to make a decent looking transition between the upper head and face without it looking weird. Although without it being a complete copy of the Rei picture and toon-like. The design is your call though.

Also I haven't really even considered buzz-cuts in Skyrim. Yeah, I would have probably thought they were doomed from the beginning without edits to the hair. Personally for none humans, I think bald is way better anyways.

Entries 6 and 7 for Mizuno's journal are now listed in his document. No previews, since they are somewhat short. 

Also, I have two basic ideas for the idea of adding a "Family" of Selachii to the game, one based on the image I've already linked. 

Kosui and Mizuta - Two brothers with a very interesting relationship. This one I think can vary a bit, since the basic backstory is meant to be simple - they were part of a larger family, born to loving parents. But within the past six years, they have been orphaned, although both are of age. The variable here, is the cause. The idea I am going towards myself, would be that, their parents were killed by a Vampire. To them, it was not so obvious, and it was the Vampire offering them condolences and comfort. Soon enough, this Vampire made an offer, and perhaps due to their, interesting relationship, they accepted. Which, their relationship is....very simple. Reference: piranhapettingzoo

Hona(Mother), Kaen(Brother), and Kaki(Sister) - Just putting names to the idea, really. 

And while I have not tried it myself(yet), this mod, Moonlight Tales -Addon- Werebeasts of Tamriel, offers a Wereshark option. While I know that lorewise it is not an exclusive thing, it may be wanted for purposes of consistency. Obviously, the mod requires Moonlight Tales

The were-shark seems like a good idea. The transition from head to body looks terrible though. It looks like sombody took a pre-made shark model, cut off the head, and replaced it with the werewolf head, then slapped on some new textures. It probably would have been better if they didn't give it much of a neck at all so there's a smooth transition.

Well I thought I had it looking shark like further back, but you wanted it based off of certain pictures which frankly, looks kind of like aquatic dragons to me. The picture of the mesh you posted was pretty good. A realistic shark design is difficult to give a character like feel though and would seem more like an enemy monster you are supposed to defeat. So at the same time I believe the way you wanted it shows more character like features.

As you also mentioned before of wanting the snout pointed more upwards, that's even closer down the line of anthro than actual shark because they are pointed more straight and a bit downwards while the underside curves upwards. If I went for the basic shark design, it would be more difficult to make differences between male and female. As for the males, I might smooth areas out for the current female and I'll be giving the males more dominant features while still keeping the same design. But we need to see if the females works first.

To makes it more shark-like, you would also have to throw the human head shape thing out the door. The upper and back head yes, but no bangs at all and the sides wouldn't look al least decent. It was quite troublesome to make a decent looking transition between the upper head and face without it looking weird. Although without it being a complete copy off the Rei picture and toon-like. The design is your call though.

Also I haven't really even considered buzz-cuts in Skyrim. Yeah, I would have probably thought they were doomed from the beginning without edits to the hair. Personally for none humans, I think bald is way better anyways.

Oh, okay. Then you can just carry on with the current design. As I said, I think it looks good, and you did a great job in smoothing the transitions into the human-like back and sides. While it could perhaps be given a more realistic shark-like shape, that wouldn't look as fitting for a playable character or NPC, and there's also the fact we are dealing with anthro sharks here, not just regular sharks, and that difference is meaningful enough to require a different approach.

And as for the "upwards" edit, yeah, you may be right now that I think about it. The current design is good, so no need to touch that.

Also, that buzzcut thing is not meant for a "bald" hairstyle option, because it would obviously look weird; if we go bald, we go bald, period. It's just because some hair styles include those alongside their base meshes, specially if they leave some area of the scalp uncovered. Kinda like some of the Orc mohawk/side-shaven hairstyles: you have the hair mesh on top, but you also get the "buzzcut" to represent the shaven scalp (because in humans most of the time hair grows back at least a bit even if you shave it regularly). It can be safely skipped by just edting and using the actual hair meshes without the extra buzzcut hair line, so fortunately there's no problem with that.

Entries 6 and 7 for Mizuno's journal are now listed in his document. No previews, since they are somewhat short.

Also, I have two basic ideas for the idea of adding a "Family" of Selachii to the game, one based on the image I've already linked. (...)

Neat, I'll check both the journal and the pic whenever I get the chance.

Just letting you know that I was out all day so no progress yet, but there really isn't a whole lot left to do on the head besides detail, some minor adjustments, then form and positioning of the ears. I will likely finish tomorrow night and give it a run down the next day. So you can expect some pics tomorrow night and I'll upload it here some time the next day.

Just letting you know that I was out all day so no progress yet, but there really isn't a whole lot left to do on the head besides detail, some minor adjustments, then form and positioning of the ears. I will likely finish tomorrow night and give it a run down the next day. So you can expect some pics tomorrow night and I'll upload it here some time the next day.

No worries, I think I've said "take all the time you need" enough times already, lol  :D. Monday to Wednesday are going to be a no for me, but I should get some free time again by Thursday, so I'll start working on integrating the head then. Here's to hoping they work fine with the morphs and such so this has not all been in vain :s.

BTW, just curious, but if the head does indeed turn out to look at least acceptable enough, how long do you estimate it will take you to get the male heads done as well? Obviously no need for an ETA or anything like that, but I would like to know if having the overall design done already would speed things up or whatever.

No worries, I think I've said "take all the time you need" enough times already, lol  :D. Monday to Wednesday are going to be a no for me, but I should get some free time again by Thursday, so I'll start working on integrating the head then. Here's to hoping they work fine with the morphs and such so this has not all been in vain :s.

BTW, just curious, but if the head does indeed turn out to look at least acceptable enough, how long do you estimate it will take you to get the male heads done as well? Obviously no need for an ETA or anything like that, but I would like to know if having the overall design done already would speed things up or whatever.

Lol, editing low poly goes by faster because the amount of detail you can add is limited. :P

for the male I can just have the existing female one and the male in at the same time in the same space position, then cut the female one in half so I can trace over it. But for the human head shape part, I would have to bring in the male human head and do the same thing, then male features. It should go by faster than the female.

EDIT:

Example, the grey parts are from the human female head.

https://gyazo.com/7e7e138a87a27b80240b1faa0b526f7b

Lol, editing low poly goes by faster because the amount of detail you can add is limited. :P

for the male I can just have the existing female one and the male in at the same time in the same space position, then cut the female one in half so I can trace over it. But for the human head shape part, I would have to bring in the male human head and do the same thing, then male features. It should go by faster than the female.

Good to hear, then.

EDIT:

EDIT:

Example, the grey parts are from the human female head.

https://gyazo.com/7e7e138a87a27b80240b1faa0b526f7b

Huh, those polys overlapping around the neck seam are a bit worrying. You made sure to not touch the neck seam area, did you? Of course it can be caused by the original CITRUS Argonian head having that shape, but I wanted to make sure.

Edited by Blaze69

Huh, those polys overlapping around the neck seam are a bit worrying. You made sure to not touch the neck seam area, did you? Of course it can be caused by the original CITRUS Argonian head having that shape, but I wanted to make sure.

when I brought the female human head in, they were in the same exact position.  I did not touch the seams, but I did edit the upper back and upper front of the neck though. Specifically, the back end of the skull and bellow the chin.

when I brought the female human head in, they were in the same exact position.  I did not touch the seams, but I did edit the upper back and upper front of the neck though. Specifically, the back end of the skull and bellow the chin.

Huh, if it was like that already then I guess there's not problem.

It's funny though, the female Argonian head is made of one whole mesh. Not multiple patches of mesh stuck together, like when you smooth one part it starts to separate like the male Argonian and Khajiit. I don't know if it's any cause for concern, although I've seen no complaints on the authors comment section but makes it easier to edit.

It's funny though, the female Argonian head is made of one whole mesh. Not multiple patches of mesh stuck together, like when you smooth one part it starts to separate like the male Argonian and Khajiit. I don't know if it's any cause for concern, although I've seen no complaints on the authors comment section but makes it easier to edit.

I've seen that happen with some other meshes. The Sangheili/Elite head I tweaked had that same problem, some parts would break when moving them around. Using the "Remove Doubles (Vertexes)" option in Blender fixed it for me, but when trying to get the head back into the game as a .nif, those same vertexes would become duplicated again. Maybe some kind of engine/.nif limitation or something like that?

Anyway, there is no way to fix it that I know of, because as I said, if you remove the duplicates so it doesn't separate, the vertex count changes and none of the morphs work  :s.

Just wanted to stop by and say the dick looks -great-, though you already had my upvote. c: Good work, as always.

Well, thank you very much  :lol:. Most of the credits go to BadDog, he was the one that created the schlongs in the first place. I just created the new textures and did some minor edits.

Here are some pictures. Some of them are shown when the high res option is switched from low res. It doesn't do anything to the poly-count, but helps to add detail and show smoothness which can also help to see what it might look like in game when textures are applied. I've added some thin hump lines on the sides of the upper skull. I am also adding the gills. Going to try and add 3 more. After the gills. I'm just going to smooth out the ears a bit. Currently still working on it but should finish soon.

https://gyazo.com/e81766686c9d7c2b364c74865d93555a

https://gyazo.com/13b549e23f272e9faacca3e3950efaa8

https://gyazo.com/63961002465c1da2dd6383fff93e7eea

EDIT: Also going to add real ears or small ear holes between the fins and eyes.

Here are some pictures. Some of them are shown when the high res option is available. It doesn't do anything to the poly-count, but helps to add detail and show smoothness which can also help to see what it might look like in game when textures are applied. I've added some thin hump lines on the sides of the upper skull. I am also adding the gills. Going to try and add 3 more. After the gills. I'm just going to smooth out the ears a bit. Currently still working on it but should finish soon.

https://gyazo.com/e81766686c9d7c2b364c74865d93555a

https://gyazo.com/13b549e23f272e9faacca3e3950efaa8

https://gyazo.com/63961002465c1da2dd6383fff93e7eea

EDIT: Also going to add real ears or small ear holes between the fins and eyes.

Yep, that looks like it  :lol:.

By the looks of it, that "Hi-Res" option is similar to the "Smooth Shading" option in Blender, where the actual mesh is not altered but the rendering is done, well, smooth, instead of just showing the base polys. So I don't see any problem there, and it does help in showing how the final version will look.

Looking forward to having those ingame. That head detail should help with bald hairstyles or with ones that show the scalp like mohawks. I intend to use the original human version of the hairs I ported for the old heads, so there will be at least 4 of those or so, so it's good news. Great that you added actual modeled gills, the current textured ones aren't exactly detailed (they are mostly three black lines on the sides of the neck  :s).

The thing that worries me right now is that I'm not sure I can do thos meshes justice with the proper textures. At most, I will be able to paint the head grey like the overall rest of the body and blend the transition in the neck (but lacking the skin "detail" that came from the base Fair Skin diffuses). Same goes for normals, they will be just flat.

BTW, have you thought about that texturing offer you made? I know it wasn't part of the original request, and if it's not possible, I'll understand, but that Substance Painter thing looks awesome and I'm sure you can do some great stuff with it.  :shy:

Yes. ;)  I still plan on doing it, but only once both the heads and the feet mesh are working in game. Also, so I know that I'm using the same exact painting material and method for the feet. It seems like Bad Dog and Boo is looking back into the digi-feet projects again anyways.

Neat. Let's just hope they don't take much work to get the next version out. BD said he wanted to go back to your shark feet after doing some stuff, so it will happen sooner or later (preferably sooner  :P, but no pressure, BD).

[...]

Okay, just so you know, I've been doing some quick research on Substance Painter/Substance Designer, and there may be some caveats. I didn't go into full detail, though, so I may have missed something, and you could always ask in the forums or whatever if it comes to that.

SP/SD are set up for PBR texture setups, while Skyrim uses the Diffuse/Normal/Specular setup (named "last gen"/"old gen" in the info I could find). Apparently, the programs support non-PBR shaders to some extent, but it doesn't seem to be well documented, or at least I couldn't find much about it. What I could get out of it is that diffuses should be manageable to create in SP/SD, but I'm not so sure about normals and speculars.

Here it wouldn't be that much of a problem, because normals and speculars are somewhat "bland" already, and just doing a normal render of the base head mesh should work. If we even get to that, we could get the normal map by using the standard hi poly -> low poly pipeline (so you would have to add whetever normal detail to the mesh itself using ZBrush to create the hi-poly modified version and I would bake it using XNormal). The main thing I'm worried about for the heads is detail in the diffuse, so I guess we are safe there.

I'll look into it when the time comes. My current project plans are with Zbrush, World Machine, and Unreal Engine. I mostly only have experience on the Substance B2M3 side of things. Just make sure any information your gathering isn't too old. Allegorithmic / Substance hasn't been around for many years. It gets updates frequently. It's currently known as "Substance Painter 2" (2.4.1).

My plan was to use Substance painter after I finish my character models. I have yet to finish my anthro cat head model but need to make the humans and male version first. Then I was originally going to start using it And other stuff not yet planned.

Allegorithmic has their own YouTube channel with tons of videos and tutorials. If you want to look for certain information you can't find, you can try looking for a specific video title to get certain information.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Allegorithmic/featured

So, yeah, kinda changing the subject for a second here, I came across something interesting.

I was checking out the links in this thread, and as I state in the post there, I was surprised to see Kharjo had his own tag in e621, and decided to take a quick peek at the "skyrim" tag to see if I could find any other secondary character with their own tag.

I happened to came across this: xaenyth (SFW). Wouldn't you know it, sharks in Skyrim  :D. It was done some time ago, so I can't say it may have been inspired by the Sharkmer (also it seems to be a commission with two OC's), but it's nice nevertheless. I'm totally playing a female shark assassin like that on my next playthrough with the sharks. The male character is supposed to be a ferret or something like that, but I could see him totally working as a Snow Leopard, specially since he wears the Ivory Armor (aka Ancient Falmer aka Snow Elf Armor). Don't think I will add them to the mod, though. Maybe use her as a reference for one of the Dark Brotherhood NPCs suggested by Kuroyami, but that's it. Still, I wanted to bring it up  :P.

Off-Topic:

J'Zargo happens to have his own tag too, lol, but I wasn't able to find any other Khajiit/Argonian character. Odahviing and Alduin do have them as well, though I kinda expected that. What I didn't expect to find was this... version of Alduin: metalfoxxx. Now that's something I would really like to see :P. Shame there isn't any actual anthro dragon race yet. Maybe if I bug BadDog enough he will take up the Dovagonian race and clean it up... I want my sexy anthro Alduin, goddamnit! :D And obviously Oda as well. Hell, even Paarthurnax would be interesting...

Edited by Blaze69

"Shame there isn't any actual anthro dragon race yet. Maybe if I bug BadDog enough he will take up the Dovagonian race and clean it up... I want my sexy anthro Alduin, goddamnit! :D And obviously Oda as well. Hell, even Paarthurnax would be interesting..."

Funny. I considered making my own versions of half dragon races, like the human, khajiit, argonians with some interesting mutated features. But I only had that in consideration for after I do an Argonian overhaul and if it's adopted which won't be for some time. I've always liked dragons, drew them a lot when I was a child, and have always been good with reptilian designs. I guess I'm giving them the short end of the stick because I never played as an argonian and don't like the design that Bathesda went with.

But these would only be modified meshes of the low poly versions of my adopted ones. However, new tail and maybe horn meshes.

"Shame there isn't any actual anthro dragon race yet. Maybe if I bug BadDog enough he will take up the Dovagonian race and clean it up... I want my sexy anthro Alduin, goddamnit! :D And obviously Oda as well. Hell, even Paarthurnax would be interesting..."

Funny. I considered making my own versions of half dragon races, like the human, khajiit, argonians with some interesting mutated features. But I only had that in consideration for after I do an Argonian overhaul and if it's adopted which won't be for some time. I've always liked dragons, drew them a lot when I was a child, and have always been good with reptilian designs. I guess I'm giving them the short end of the stick because I never played as an argonian and don't like the design that Bathesda went with.

But these would only be modified meshes of the low poly versions of my adopted ones. However, new tail and maybe horn meshes.

That would be really nice. I'm a big fan of dragons as well, and they were the main reason I bought Skyrim soon after it was released in the first place. Then I found out about mods and stuff and it all turned out to be great, but it was the dragons that picked my interest.  :shy:

There's also the fact that, for some reason, the idea of having anthro versions of some of the game's dragon characters is something I would really like to see. Not necesarily only for NSFW stuff, but that would be indeed one of the main points, mind you  :P. I've even have kind of my own headcanon for how would it happen in the case of Alduin or other random hostile dragons (involving the whole "absorb the soul" thing). Probably such a mod is never gonna happen, but I can dream, right?

To be honest, that's why I think the Dovagonian Race mod had a great idea: using the vanilla dragons as a base for the design of new anthro dragon races. It's nice because it would be way more consistent with the lore and how dragons are supposed to look than just having some Argonians retextured to look more dragon-y, which is all we have right now; and it would also allow to create said anthro versions of the characters while being true to their original "form".

It's a shame it never worked out, but the current mod is pretty unuseable as-is: the heads were not properly modified for a bipedal configuration (aka neck conecting to head from bottom of skull rather than back) and they basically have distorted and broken-looking necks that curve unnaturaly and make the head protrude more than it should, and the body textures are not only... lacking, but they have tangent space normals instead of model/object space ones, so they don't properly work.

Tell you what, if you ever get around to it or feel like doing so, you could try using the vanilla dragon heads as a base for new anthro dragon races. Seeing how well you fared with the new shark heads, I'm sure you could make that shape/design fit on bipedal characters  :lol:. I would do my best to get them integrated and working ingame and so on. I did get the Sangheili head working ingame albeit only static/without morphs, but the only reason it had no morphs is because I had some problems when exporting the .tri files; I had the whole .tri plugin set up for Blender and managed to create blink/squint morphs for the eyes. So I guess it's always an option.

EDIT: Also, some of the vanilla dragon tails have already been ported for humanoid characters, both using the default tail behaviour and controllers (Wearable Dragon Horns and Tails) and using HDT Physics (somewhere in the HDT section here in LL). Not exactly perfect, but they do exist.

Edited by Blaze69

Tell you what, if you ever get around to it or feel like doing so, you could try using the vanilla dragon heads as a base for new anthro dragon races. Seeing how well you fared with the new shark heads, I'm sure you could make that shape/design fit on bipedal characters  :lol:. I would do my best to get them integrated and working ingame and so on. I did get the Sangheili head working ingame albeit only static/without morphs, but the only reason it had no morphs is because I had some problems when exporting the .tri files; I had the whole .tri plugin set up for Blender and managed to create blink/squint morphs for the eyes. So I guess it's always an option.

EDIT: Also, some of the vanilla dragon tails have already been ported for humanoid characters, both using the default tail behaviour and controllers (Wearable Dragon Horns and Tails) and using HDT Physics (somewhere in the HDT section here in LL). Not exactly perfect, but they do exist.

Already have that mod. They did a pretty good job.

"you could try using the vanilla dragon heads as a base for new anthro dragon races."

I thought I mentioned mutations of the main races? Like a true dragon born or hybrid of sorts. If I use the dragon heads, then I would want to make a new body to match. In other words, that would be a new race. Of course I can modify the Argonian body replacer once made. For ecample, imagine a more dragon like Argonian with a custom body or Khajiit like my current model with a longer snout, more noticeable sharp fangs, bigger sharper claws, longer toes, reptile like eyes, a furry dragon tail and wings. Also better human dragon hybrids than the ones already available.