my eyes

Wow, look. Mister Not-Todd-Howard-At-All doesn't seem to like this mod. Sounds legit, since each new Elder Scrolls game seems to screw beast races even more than the previous one. Way to go, Todd. And same goes for Bethesda  :dodgy:.

Now, seriously, please refrain from posting if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Eh, gdammit, if no followers then I can't download it, laptop + new save game after getting up to lvl 252? nah. Anyway, I am for sure going to download it when followers are added as well, because PC is my mod testing machine (lol).

Also, awesome? This is such a underrating word for what they did now. Speak it ten times and we'll talk possibly.

My friend with who I am in a co-op in writing stories and gaming also say thanks for it and we are definitely going to try it out on Tamriel Online mod pack we did for our small, 3-p crew. Well, what to expect of a furry with a Shark as character?

So yeah, big thanks (again) from me and my crew, featuring: Azazel and Nova.

P.S.

When you add Dragon race playable, I am definitely going to use that instead of my argonian.

Eh, gdammit, if no followers then I can't download it, laptop + new save game after getting up to lvl 252? nah. Anyway, I am for sure going to download it when followers are added as well, because PC is my mod testing machine (lol).

Also, awesome? This is such a underrating word for what they did now. Speak it ten times and we'll talk possibly.

My friend with who I am in a co-op in writing stories and gaming also say thanks for it and we are definitely going to try it out on Tamriel Online mod pack we did for our small, 3-p crew. Well, what to expect of a furry with a Shark as character?

So yeah, big thanks (again) from me and my crew, featuring: Azazel and Nova.

P.S.

When you add Dragon race playable, I am definitely going to use that instead of my argonian.

Thank you very much for the compliments! Really appreciate it, and I'm happy other people can enjoy this mod. Though I'm not the only one to credit. without Nightro's awesome work we wouldn't have the new heads, and Kuroyami helped a lot too. Also BadDog and many more I'm forgetting about (sorry about that!  :angel:). Also glad to hear your friend will get to enjoy this as well  :lol:.

About the follower plugin, I could technically still include it with updated female NPCs. Males could work as well, but as I said, they would just use a badly textured and featureless standard Argonian head. If you all can live with that, then I guess the follower plugin could be updated for the 3.0 BETA.

If Kuroyami is up to creating the new presets for the female NPCs like Kori, Fume or the Hot Springs female hunter, then I'll probably go ahead and update the followers as well once that is done. I could try to do so myself, but I don't trust my creativity enough; they would probably end up as clones with different hairs, lol  :s.

If Kuroyami is up to creating the new presets for the female NPCs like Kori, Fume or the Hot Springs female hunter, then I'll probably go ahead and update the followers as well once that is done. I could try to do so myself, but I don't trust my creativity enough; they would probably end up as clones with different hairs, lol  :s.

I can do that. Maybe before they were rather simple, since I tend to start with a preset, and then just change the more cosmetic options. Not always though. I'm just hoping that the same hair options are or will be available for these characters. 

Also, about 3.0BETA, I actually started a profile that I intended to do a run of Dawnguard, along with creating a preset for Arashii. I stopped, due to Yiffy Age's update, though I may restart that one. Might require waiting until the male heads are updated, since obviously Arashii is a male character. 

But I do have a question, about RaceCompatiblity(which may be something obvious). I already have it installed, actually two versions, a base install, and one for Better Vampires. Using either one, should the mod in MO be after YIffy Age and/or the Sharkmer Race mod? It's something I've tried(though not explicitly trying the effects in-game), but then MO suggests that RC should be before Cutting Room Floor. May have to rearrange things a bit, if this is true. 

I've written some lines for Mizuno, for when he is in certain locations, in this case Hold Capitals. Possibly having a few for each, some of them occurring only once. 

Markarth

M – [in Markarth] Why do I smell blood? It is almost overpowering.

M – [in Markarth] It would take an absolute fool, to not see that something is wrong here.

M – [in Markarth, Understone Keep - ONCE] It sounds as if the Silver-Blood family are as corrupt as a family can get. You thinking that too? 

Winterhold

M – [in Winterhold(Capital)] I wonder why the city has not been rebuilt. But I would imagine it may be for a reason.

M – [in Winterhold(Capital)] I remember the looks I got when I first arrived here. Some said nothing, but still made their feelings clear. 

M – [in Winterhold(Capital) – ONCE – CoW questline completed/Player Is Archmage] Hopefully you will be able to improve relations with the Jarl, or the people in Skyrim as a whole.

|

M – Prove that magic is not the danger people believe – the danger comes from those who use it, not the magic itself.

Whiterun

M – [in Whiterun(Capital)] A bright and open city with water flowing through it? Amazing.

M – [in Whiterun(Capital)] It seems warmer here, than most places in Skyrim. Still cool enough for me, though.

M – [in Whiterun(Capital) – ONCE – Does Not appear if CW is completed or Battle For Whiterun(CWSiegeObj) is active)] Almost every hold has taken a side in the Civil War. Save for this one.

And those new screenshots on the mod's page? Lovely. I'd suggest doing some for the Follower NPCs once their appearances are updated though. 

I'm a fan of the new meshes and textures though I do hope the old toon both cbbe uunp textures and meshes will be kept around. [...]

Okay, looks like this question is going to come up several times, so I'll make it clear:

The latest version of the mod that uses the "cartoony" heads/style (2.75) will remain available for download, regardless of the current version of the main mod.

The most up-to-date version will always be 3.0 and onwards, but 2.75 should be perfectly useable and functional. I don't intend to update 2.75 any further barring any critical bugfixes or asset updates (like replacing the built-in edited XPMSE skeleton to a newer version if it's mandatory for compatibility reasons, for example).

I can do that. Maybe before they were rather simple, since I tend to start with a preset, and then just change the more cosmetic options. Not always though. I'm just hoping that the same hair options are or will be available for these characters. 

Also, about 3.0BETA, I actually started a profile that I intended to do a run of Dawnguard, along with creating a preset for Arashii. I stopped, due to Yiffy Age's update, though I may restart that one. Might require waiting until the male heads are updated, since obviously Arashii is a male character. 

But I do have a question, about RaceCompatiblity(which may be something obvious). I already have it installed, actually two versions, a base install, and one for Better Vampires. Using either one, should the mod in MO be after YIffy Age and/or the Sharkmer Race mod? It's something I've tried(though not explicitly trying the effects in-game), but then MO suggests that RC should be before Cutting Room Floor. May have to rearrange things a bit, if this is true. 

I've written some lines for Mizuno, for when he is in certain locations, in this case Hold Capitals. Possibly having a few for each, some of them occurring only once. [...]

And those new screenshots on the mod's page? Lovely. I'd suggest doing some for the Follower NPCs once their appearances are updated though. 

Nice, thank you for that :shy:. About hairs, well, not all of the older hairs are available for them right now. From my testing, most of the KS hairs would be hard to port (except for specific ones like the "Wanda" one from my last post), and same goes for the other Calyps ones. Nuska's sidehawk and regular mohawk should be easy or even straightforward, but I will have to check. In the meantime, you can try using the ones included in the current release, I think you have enough options for now. Same goes for the eyes, though I don't think I will be porting the old eyes; they are too cartoony and wouldn't fit the new eye meshes. If I find any otehr Khajiit/Argonian/Lykaios/whetever eyes I like and the permissions allow it, I may include them into the mod as shark-specific eyes. Of course, if someone is willing to create new eye textures for this, be it based on real sharks or otherwise, I will be happ to include them as well.

Sounds reasonable. I don't have an ETA on males yet, because Nightro would be the one to ask about that. But rest assured that as soon as he's done and happy with the result, I'll get the heads ported and the update out ASAP. It may take me a while once he sends me the assets, because I have to port not only the head itself but also refit the vanilla male humanoid hairs to fit them as well. Eyes and mouth should not be necessary because I intend males and females to use the exact same eye/mouth meshes just like Argonians do in vanilla Skyrim, but we won't know if it's actually feasible untill Nightro starts working on it.

This mod doesn't contain any files from RaceCompatibility except for the Sharkmer controller script (which is obviously exclusive to this race), so its mod order with respect to RC itself in MO doesn't matter. As for YA, I think BadDog packed some of RC's scripts with the latest file. Last we heard, he had updated RC to the latest version and thus the scripts should match RC's download, but I'd say you should load RC after YA just in case. No idea about Cutting Room Floor, I have it installed as well and load RC after it and everything works fine, so you can ignore that warning.

Good, more dialogues is always good. I've thought about it, and I think the best way to add them is to add a "What's on your mind?" dialogue option either to the base conversation options or the "I have some questions" submenu. Kinda like what Inigo has. I'm not sure how I would go about making him randomly saying the lines without the player having to ask first, whereas making a topic with several replies tagged as "Random" and with specific location/quest conditions should be relatively easy (albeit a bit tedious). Plus, since they are unvoiced, there's always the chance of the subtitles being overriden by any other near conversation and thus preventing you from reading them if you are not in a direct conversation with him when it comes up.

Well, thank you  :lol:. I didn't put that much time into it, I just decided to update the current beta in a rush and that's what I came up with in such short notice. I basically COC'ed my way to Azura's Watch (which I have yet to explore any further than the Dibella Hotel, lol) and went through Halo's Beach Poser and the latest standard ones (I think it was 21 and 22) looking for poses I liked. Good idea about the characters. Something like taking a pic of them like those ones here but in the place they are supposed to be could be not only a way to add eyecandy to the description ( :P) but also to let people know where they can be found, like Kori in the Lover's Tent or Fume in Reachwind Eyrie's Overlook. Nice catch!

Good, more dialogues is always good. I've thought about it, and I think the best way to add them is to add a "What's on your mind?" dialogue option either to the base conversation options or the "I have some questions" submenu. Kinda like what Inigo has. I'm not sure how I would go about making him randomly saying the lines without the player having to ask first, whereas making a topic with several replies tagged as "Random" and with specific location/quest conditions should be relatively easy (albeit a bit tedious). Plus, since they are unvoiced, there's always the chance of the subtitles being overriden by any other near conversation and thus preventing you from reading them if you are not in a direct conversation with him when it comes up.

I've certainly played with Inigo before, and yeah, that makes sense. I'm just hoping having things like the comment about the Civil War isn't difficult, the same going for any other conditional line Mizuno or other characters might have.

Although, about the Civil War, it certainly is a bit early, I have been thinking about how Lana should be handled. If she gets placed in the Palace of  the Kings, then she would likely be fighting with Ulfric and Galmar when the PC is on the Imperial side. I'm thinking that she would stop fighting once she gets into that "Bleedout" stage once, and after dealing with Ulfric, you would either speak to her, or she would force a conversation with you, where you get a simple quest. Where you have two obvious options, Kill or Spare her. Killing her could possibly mean she could show up in Sovngarde, and Sparing her likely just means she stays in the Palace, with very little changing. Although, the problem with this, is simple - what if you bring Mizuno along for this? Damn. 

Just throwing out ideas for it though. 

Added a new story to the Legacy book. Can't say exact what inspired it, other than a combination of a character I've been playing recently(a Shadow Mage/Necromacer), and perhaps watching a stream of RE7. Along with a dose of Until Dawn with the journal bits. Eh, this one may be a bit disturbing. 

Curse Of A Dead Empire

Perhaps what some consider an apocryphal tale, it has some degree of truth to it. Especially with the evidence I have been able to obtain, a personal account from someone who was involved. However, the more pressing detail about this story, is that it details a long forgotten curse, or perhaps, a form of magic that some just believe to be a natural curse upon the land.

One of the smaller villages settled by Selachii in Black Marsh, the name lost to time, was on the border to Cyrodiil – the former seat of the infamous Ayleid Empire. This village was purported to be quiet, peaceful, and as uneventful as ever. However, the mistake of a few teenage Selachii, doomed the village. Not within hours or days, but over the course of years.

Five years later, Naki, a Selachii visiting from the Capital, heard the tale, and offered to explore the tomb himself. He was warned by countless other members of the village, and even if he acknowledged them, he still wished to explore the ruin. The call to knowledge, even in the face of what could be great danger, which is something I understand very well.

What he found, was a danger beyond what he could have imagined. The Ayleid race was known for magic, and having little restrictions on what they did with it. The magic known as Necromancy, is not evil in itself, but it can certainly be used for evil means, just as any other form of magic. His exact fate is vague, but his journal somehow escaped the ruin, and ended up in the Capital, being sold by a vendor in the market square. More to the point, it describes at first, Naki being fulled with excitement of exploring the unknown, and ends with a desperate call for help that went unheeded. 

1st of Rain's Hand, 2E XXXX – I cannot believe the smell in this place. It seems aggressive, nothing working for me to ignore it.

13th of Rain's Hand, 2E, XXXX – I feel sick. I have no idea what it is. I came prepared for this, a few potions to help with such things, but it is not working. I...do not know what to do.

14th of Rain's Hand, 2E XXXX – I...just threw up. This would not be unusual, save for the fact that it was nothing but blood. I....

30th of Rain's Hand, 2E XXXX – Gods, I...can't keep food down now. I...have not slept in days, both in fear, and lack of need. My...I....

30th of Second Seed, 2E XXXX – SO DAMN HUNGRY.

15th of Last Seed, 2E XXXX – The...Master...has...what...I...need.

16th of Last Seed, 2E XXXX – NO, GODS NO! Those boys...gods forgive me. He said I need to eat, and they...I DID IT TO SURVIVE! I...but with it comes my senses. My regret...

3rd of Evening Star, 2E XXXX – The...Master...wants...more...so...do...I...

5th of Last Seed, 2E XXXX – I can't DO THIS AnY MoRe...gods I am sorry...all those people....WhY....

2nd of Evening Star, 2E XXX – HE WILL NOT LET ME DIE! LET ME DIE! I DESERVE IT!

I've certainly played with Inigo before, and yeah, that makes sense. I'm just hoping having things like the comment about the Civil War isn't difficult, the same going for any other conditional line Mizuno or other characters might have.

Although, about the Civil War, it certainly is a bit early, I have been thinking about how Lana should be handled. If she gets placed in the Palace of  the Kings, then she would likely be fighting with Ulfric and Galmar when the PC is on the Imperial side. I'm thinking that she would stop fighting once she gets into that "Bleedout" stage once, and after dealing with Ulfric, you would either speak to her, or she would force a conversation with you, where you get a simple quest. Where you have two obvious options, Kill or Spare her. Killing her could possibly mean she could show up in Sovngarde, and Sparing her likely just means she stays in the Palace, with very little changing. Although, the problem with this, is simple - what if you bring Mizuno along for this? Damn. 

Added a new story to the Legacy book. Can't say exact what inspired it, other than a combination of a character I've been playing recently(a Shadow Mage/Necromacer), and perhaps watching a stream of RE7. Along with a dose of Until Dawn with the journal bits. Eh, this one may be a bit disturbing.  Curse Of A Dead Empire [...]

Well, all of the comments should be possible for the Civil War, I guess. It's just a matter of figuring which quest stages correspond to which points in the timeline and using them as conditions. Again, boring but not difficult AFAIK.

Yeah, I see the problem there. Also setting it all up seems like quite the daunting task, but I guess I can give it a shot sooner or later. Regardless of if it makes it to the mod or not, I guess it doesn't hurt to have the plot already panned and set up, so if you really feel like continuing working on it, then go ahead.

Oh, man, that story sounds really intriguing. And let's be honest, it does fit into the world. When you leave the "standard fantasy RPG" stuff and the watered-down content behind and dive deep into the original Elder Scrolls lore, you can find a lot of dark stuff in there. Just as an example, look at the way the Daughters of Coldharbor (aka pureblood vampires) are supposed to be created: you have to perform some kind of obscure daedric ritual and strike a deal with Molag Bal, which proceeds to rape you to death (and I'm pretty sure it's way worse than any random mortal rapist, with him being the lord of dominance and rape and blood and stuff) and "revive" you as an undead vampire. Yeah, not nice at all. No wonder Serana has those daddy issues, considering Harkon had her go through all of that  :s.

I think your story doesn't look that "disturbing" when you compare it with that. But anyway, looking forward to reading the whole thing, and getting it ingame too :shy:.

Although, about the Civil War, it certainly is a bit early, I have been thinking about how Lana should be handled. If she gets placed in the Palace of the Kings, then she would likely be fighting with Ulfric and Galmar when the PC is on the Imperial side. I'm thinking that she would stop fighting once she gets into that "Bleedout" stage once, and after dealing with Ulfric, you would either speak to her, or she would force a conversation with you, where you get a simple quest. Where you have two obvious options, Kill or Spare her. Killing her could possibly mean she could show up in Sovngarde, and Sparing her likely just means she stays in the Palace, with very little changing. Although, the problem with this, is simple - what if you bring Mizuno along for this? Damn.

Added a new story to the Legacy book. Can't say exact what inspired it, other than a combination of a character I've been playing recently(a Shadow Mage/Necromacer), and perhaps watching a stream of RE7. Along with a dose of Until Dawn with the journal bits. Eh, this one may be a bit disturbing.

Curse Of A Dead Empire

[...]

Nice one, I like how the madness spreads, but isn't the timeline too long? Not that it's the problem but just weird - years passing between single notes?

Personally I think last two notes should be somewhere around 4th and 8th of Evening Seed.

Hello there, when i switch to shark race my character dont have her tail :/

Are you sure you properly installed the mod? The tail works fine on my end, and I double-checked the file I uploaded and the tail meshes are there. Plus, nobody has reported any issue with the tail, so it must be something on your end. Try installing the mod again and see if it fixes it.

Okay, small update to the main file. I added Nuska's hairs to the available options (as I expected, porting them was easy with the new heads), alongside the "Bad Kid" hair from KS (aka the one I used for Fumetsu in the old version).

The other important addition is the return of the follower plugin. I assigned the new head parts to the NPCs. Males get the default Argonian head shape with no hair and with placeholder eyes, and I made a quick run through females removing their tints to leave only the skin tone and giving them hair and eye options that roughly match their original appearances. Note that this was done in a rush and as an early WIP just to have at least some basic appearance for them in place. I still have to wait for Kuroyami to be done creating the new preset/appearances before I can consider them acceptable for an actual release, I'm just adding the followers back for anybody that may want to have them now (that includes you, Minik :P). 

So, yeah, that was it. If you are not interested in the four new hairs or the follower plugin, you can safely skip this update if so you wish, but on the other hand there is nothing wrong with having the latest version  :shy:.

Edited by Blaze69

Will this ever get a special edition compatibility once SKSE64 gets release? Special edition is a lot more stable for me and doesn't crash at all with hundred of mods, however, the 32 bit just can't keep up and simply has too many problems being 32 bit.

I'm pretty certain the only thing you'll need to do is convert the meshes using nifkope/nif optimizer and maybe compress the textures into a different format like BC1 or BC5 using Gimp 2.

Neat! Thanks, that was fast. I'll get them done soon, and I'll see about taking the pics you suggested. The update with them will probably have to wait for a little bit, because I want to see if I make any other changes to roll them in all at once, but it shouldn't take long.

Will this ever get a special edition compatibility once SKSE64 gets release? Special edition is a lot more stable for me and doesn't crash at all with hundred of mods, however, the 32 bit just can't keep up and simply has too many problems being 32 bit.

I'm pretty certain the only thing you'll need to do is convert the meshes using nifkope/nif optimizer and maybe compress the textures into a different format like BC1 or BC5 using Gimp 2.

Well, yeah, it shouldn't be that difficult, and I will probably make the jump to SSE once SKSE64 is out and all the mods like RaceMenu or SkyUI are ported, so then the sharks will get ported as well.

Don't expect anything at all about SSE from me untill that happens, though. I gave it a try once it was released, and while it's true it seems to be way more stable than Skyrim (no more microstutters, yay!), I just can't bring myself to playing it without SKSE and all the mods I use for Skyrim. Also I don't think I can play Skyrm again without Yiffy Age, so that one would have to be ported as well. We'll see.

yello, Izumi's feet have weird textures after the update to 3.1.1 beta and after 3.0 cbbe. As for Fumetsu and Kori are ok. something i missed?

Also, which mod is the island in ur pics taken? thanks

Well, everything works fine on my end, and I didn't change anything about the feet from version 2.75, so there is no reson for the CBBE patch to have issues. I'll look into it, but since I don't use CBBE and setting it all up just for a tiny bug that may even not be there is not really worth it IMO, I can't promise anything.

As for the island, it's Azura's Watch. I think there are no actual "official" releases, just Alphas/Betas. IIRC this is the one I downloaded, but I'm not 100% sure.

yello, Izumi's feet have weird textures after the update to 3.1.1 beta and after 3.0 cbbe. As for Fumetsu and Kori are ok. something i missed?

Also, which mod is the island in ur pics taken? thanks

Well, everything works fine on my end, and I didn't change anything about the feet from version 2.75, so there is no reson for the CBBE patch to have issues. I'll look into it, but since I don't use CBBE and setting it all up just for a tiny bug that may even not be there is not really worth it IMO, I can't promise anything.

As for the island, it's Azura's Watch. I think there are no actual "official" releases, just Alphas/Betas. IIRC this is the one I downloaded, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here i provide u a pic how is looks like

post-274494-0-52897800-1486220676_thumb.jpg

Oh, that's not a texture bug, that means there's something wrong with the feet meshes.

Fume and Kori are set at 100 weight, so the game uses the _1 feet mesh and ignores the other (that's why they work fine). Izumi is set to weight 50 or so, and the game loads both the _1 and _0 feet meshes and them mixes them to obtain the "_0.5" version of them. If there is a mismatch between the _0 and _1 meshes, the mixing goes crazy and you get bugs like the one you have there.

I'll take a look at the feet meshes for CBBE and I'll upload a new CBBE patch alongside the next update if I can fix it.

EDIT: Yep, there was a size mismatch between the _1 and _0 files, so that means something went wrong with my edits and the two meshes ended up being different. It's fixed for the next update.

As I said before, I want to wait for a little bit in case I come up with any more additions so I can roll them in all at the same time; that way I don't have to update the mod every single day, lol  :s. So that means you will have to wait for a bit untill I upload the fixed update, but it shouldn't take me long, and if I see I'm not going to do any progress soon, I'll just go ahead and update. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Blaze69

Oh, that's not a texture bug, that means there's something wrong with the feet meshes.

Fume and Kori are set at 100 weight, so the game uses the _1 feet mesh and ignores the other (that's why they work fine). Izumi is set to weight 50 or so, and the game loads both the _1 and _0 feet meshes and them mixes them to obtain the "_0.5" version of them. If there is a mismatch between the _0 and _1 meshes, the mixing goes crazy and you get bugs like the one you have there.

I'll take a look at the feet meshes for CBBE and I'll upload a new CBBE patch alongside the next update if I can fix it.

EDIT: Yep, there was a size mismatch between the _1 and _0 files, so that means something went wrong with my edits and the two meshes ended up being different. It's fixed for the next update.

As I said before, I want to wait for a little bit in case I come up with any more additions so I can roll them in all at the same time; that way I don't have to update the mod every single day, lol  :s. So that means you will have to wait for a bit untill I upload the fixed update, but it shouldn't take me long, and if I see I'm not going to do any progress soon, I'll just go ahead and update. Sorry for any inconvenience.

please take ur time, the mod is going smoothly :)

Well, not much progress to report this time around. I followed Kuroyami's advice and restored the schlong addons to be "Male and Female", while at the same time I added a new "No Schlong" addon for the NPCs that are not supposed to have a schlong. It can also be set for the player if you don't want your shark girl to have an extra down there, lol  :P.

The way I set up the probablities, this is how it goes: male Selachii player characters have a 75% chance of getting the sheath schlong and a 25% of getting the human one. Females have a 60% chance of getting the No Schlong (so, you know, they stay as regular females), 30% of getting the sheath, and 10% of getting the human one. I thought it was a good idea to set it up following the lore we've established for the race.

That is: most males have the sheath schlong, since it is the "original" one for the race as a whole, while a fraction of them have a human one (we haven't come up with an actual in-lore explanation for that yet, but unless someone has some ideas about this or I get some sudden inspiration, it's going to stay unexplained  :s). And a part of the females are born as herms instead, with the sheath/human schlong rate being similar to the one in males for those that get a schlong. So those are the chances of a random female Selachii actually having (or not) a schlong.

Of course, this can be tweaked afterwards in SOS' MCM menu to your own liking, but I'd say it's a good start. Plus, it adds a random factor that I find interesting: create your character, and wait and see whether she's supposed to have a schlong or not. For example, Skyrim seems to be hell-bent on giving my char a human schlong for some reason, even if the probabilities say she should probably get the sheath or none at all. Not that I complain about it or anything, mind you  :P.

Also, as a bonus, I've taken some pics of the NPCs from the Follower plugin. Only females so far, for obvious reasons (males will come once they are updated and the NPCs' appearances are tweaked). So that means Fume, Izumi and Kori (with Vaynelle, 'cause why not). I took them kind of in a rush, and I'm not 100% sure about them, but I don't want to discard them just yet. These are just pics and are not really relevant for the mod, but, still, can they be considered download page-worthy? Any thoughts?

new heads are nice. im dying for the new feet now :)

im actually trying something that ive never done b4 now for my girl. i gave her beast form and used the wereshark model. i use that as my attack mode. trans - wipe out an entire dungeon - then trans back when i exit. its pretty sweet ;) (no female wereshark model though :()

Also, as a bonus, I've taken some pics of the NPCs from the Follower plugin. Only females so far, for obvious reasons (males will come once they are updated and the NPCs' appearances are tweaked). So that means Fume, Izumi and Kori (with Vaynelle, 'cause why not). I took them kind of in a rush, and I'm not 100% sure about them, but I don't want to discard them just yet. These are just pics and are not really relevant for the mod, but, still, can they be considered download page-worthy? Any thoughts?

attachicon.gifShark_NPC_Fume.png attachicon.gifShark_NPC_Izumi.png attachicon.gifShark_NPC_Kori_And_Vaynelle.png

I'd say they are. I would just add the character's name to the shot, and something like Reachwind Eyire - The Reach for Fume, Hot Springs Camp - Eastmarch for Izumi, and Lovers Tent - The Pale for Kori/Vaynelle. Possibly in either the game's vanilla font, or the Sovngarde font. Also, that last one with Kori/Vaynelle, was that positioning intentional? Either way, that is funny.  :D

I obviously do not need to, but...I started a journal for Izumi. Its likely going to be very short, just detailing a bit of her story, along with Haru's. Also it may explain at least for Haru, the reason for the human schlong he is meant to have. Overall though, I would say Selchii having it is either a possible result of having a Human or Elven father, or something random, based on the Selachii's involvement with the Human/Elven races. 

Entry 1

I almost cannot believe it. Though I was hesitant to agree, I think I made the right choice. I knew the stories of it, how the province was one that would easily allow Selachii to live in it with no ill-effects. I had to, since my parents made the mistake of staying too long in Cyrodiil, just west of the Colovia region. I only just escaped the effects, since I took that offer for a job at the docks in the Imperial City.

It was because of that job, that I met Haru, another Selachii. I had expected some of the human employers would have a problem with Selachii, but they actually seemed to value both me and Haru – since we arguably made a better home in water than the Argonians. We could help repair ships that made it into the harbor, we could help guide in ships during the day or night, and no matter the task, we could stay in the water for hours on end, even under it, without any need to surface.

We saved up quite a bit over three years, and he asked me if I wanted to “Go home with him”. He explained to me that his parents were from a province to the north, Skyrim. They left just after he was born, spending a number of years in Cyrodiil, living in the Imperial City. It surprised me, when he told me more about them. His mother was born in the Selachii Capital city in Black Marsh, who traveled Tamriel before choosing to settle in the Rift region of Skyrim. His father, was not what I could have possibly expected. Hana, a female Nord that his mother met, was his “father”. He explained to me how that worked, and...it was certainly a surprise.

I spent the night with him, the day before we were to leave. It was then that I discovered that he was, a bit different than I was expecting. I cannot say I have studied our species thoroughly, but at my age, there were certain things I had come to understand as fact. I had seen my brother when bathing, and the difference between him and Haru was significant. He explained what his mother told him years ago, that...his penis looked more like that of a male human's, rather than the more, beastly appearance that would be more common. Skin covered the head of it, which Hana made a suggestion of removing, which his mother was absolutely against. 

I'd say they are. I would just add the character's name to the shot, and something like Reachwind Eyire - The Reach for Fume, Hot Springs Camp - Eastmarch for Izumi, and Lovers Tent - The Pale for Kori/Vaynelle. Possibly in either the game's vanilla font, or the Sovngarde font. Also, that last one with Kori/Vaynelle, was that positioning intentional? Either way, that is funny.  :D

I obviously do not need to, but...I started a journal for Izumi. Its likely going to be very short, just detailing a bit of her story, along with Haru's. Also it may explain at least for Haru, the reason for the human schlong he is meant to have. Overall though, I would say Selchii having it is either a possible result of having a Human or Elven father, or something random, based on the Selachii's involvement with the Human/Elven races. 

Entry 1 [...]

Good call, I'll look into the text thing. I think I can fit them in the black bars just right. And about that pic, yeah, it was intentional. Sorta. I'm not even sure what I was actually going for, but it seems the outcome was satisfactory, so we'll leave it like that  :shy:.

More background is always welcome. Also like how most of the Selachii NPCs write journals and such, it's a nice detail that shows how they are not savage illiterate beasts as we have determined the other races regard them.

As for that schlong issue, I like where you are going there, but there is one problem: that explanation would conflict with Yiffy Age. I mean, I really like the idea of Haru's "father" being a female (or herm, I guess) Nord, but in YA that would mean she would be a Lykaios with a canine sheath, not a human schlong.

LORE INFODUMP AHEAD!

But, yet again, I've gone back to the Elder Scrolls lore to see if I could find a way around this, and I think I have something: Akaviri humans. Basically, humans were supposed to live in Akavir alongside the other beast races untill the Tsaesci "ate" them (whether that means "conquer and assimilate into their empire/culture" or actually "kill and eat" is left ambiguous, but I'd go for the former). They even invaded Tamriel a few times, and brought the whole Akaviri/Blades influence (and that's why we have katanas and samurai armors in the original lore). AFAIK there isn't any critical part of the lore that requires Akaviri humans to be swapped for furry races unlike the other human races, so they could be left as humans.

This would also explain how can the furry races from YA know about humans and their appearance if there are supposed to be no humans in Skyrim, and would even help integrating player-only human races into the lore (as "surviving Akaviri humans travelling to Skyrim"). But anyway, back to the point. Let's say the Akaviri were really into sharks for some reason, and thus Selachii-Human crosses were a thing back when they still lived in Akavir. That would be when the first Selachii with human schlongs would appear, and you could say the amount of crosses was relevant enough for them to impact the whole race's genetic pool (thus the sheath/human ratio appears and then is kept, leaning more towards sheath but with the human ones never disappearing). Then, you could say when a Selachii mixes with another race, the chances of the offspring getting a human schlongs are higher regardless of the father's race (but would still also depend on the individual's genetic line and family history, so to speak).

While we are at it, I've been thinking about how the whole "mixing with other species" deal would work for the sharks. For YA I liked BadDog's view (canines with canines, cats with cats, and that's it). But for Selachii I think we could go a different way. There's a part of ES lore that says that whenever crosses between races are feasible, the children will inherit their mother's race alongside some traits from their father. I think we could use that.

So, for example, a Selachii mother would always bear a Selachii chlid, but with some traits from the father; in YA that would mean the child could inherit their father's skin pattern and part of racial traits. Thus, a Redguard father would mean a tiger-striped (maybe more like "tigershark") Selachii child with some token resistance to poison, and so on. Same would apply to the non-YA version of the race, though since humans obviously don't have skin/fur patterns, they would inherit racial traits only.

As for Selachii fathers, the effect would be the same: the children would be the mother's race, but with some traits from the sharks. Something like, I don't know, claws, sharper teeth, affinity for water (and maybe even functional gills), and perhaps a taste for (raw) fish, lol. The special thing about Selachii genders could be hereditary as well, with the child having high probabilities of being born a herm if they are female whenever the mother or father is a herm as well, and this would also apply to non-Selachii offspring.

Think about this: if Kori and Vaynelle were to have children, and they were to be female, chances are they would end up being herms just like their "father". So, herm panther girls, I guess :P. Or herm vanilla Dark Elves, for the non-YA version, but the idea is the same; the only difference would be that panthers would get sheaths (duh) and vanilla Dark Elves would probably get human schlongs (again, duh).

END OF LORE INFODUMP

Anyway, back to the technical aspect of the mod, since it seems Izumi and Haru seem to be getting a "character update" soon, I'll have to look into making them a bit more unique. Right now they are just copies of the vanilla random hunters but with a specific appearance instead of a templated one. I'll have to look into making them unique NPC entries and non-respawning and so on. Perhaps make them "Protected" as well.

I've also thought about including some specific custom gear to fit the characters. Not sure about what kind of gear to use for each NPC, though. So if you (Kuroyami of anybody else) have any ideas or know of any mods with custom gear you think would fit the characters, let me know and I'll look into integrating them with the mod if the permissions allow it, maybe with some texturing edits to make them more unique; and obviously with UUNP support for the female armors (no need for UUNP to exist for the original mod, mind you; I can take care of building it if needed).

One last thing: voices; I think I want to change them around a bit:

• I think Fume's voice fits really well, and Haru's accent matches his Cyrodiilic origin, so they will stay like that.
  • For Mizuno I picked the best option available, I think; I could always swap him to MaleEvenToned, but I'll leave him as-is for now.
  • Vaynelle would probably benefit from the actual Dark Elf voice, since she's supposed to have been born and raised in Morrowind and so on, and its dialogue includes Dunmer social customs (like the use of "sera").
  • Kori doesn't fare that bad with FemaleYoungEager, but I'm open to other suggestions. BTW, no need to give her a follower-enabled voice, she's actually not supposed to be a follower (I just made her one to have some female option alongside Mizuno, but now there's Fume for that).
  • Same goes for Izumi. Right now she uses FemaleCondescending just like Fume, but I would like to give her a different one.

So, any ideas about voices will be appreciated. Note that you can just mention the NPC with the voice you like and I'll look for their voice type.