Okay, my connection (fk u intrntz) decided to delete a long post I wrote, so here is shorter one.

I love where this mod goes, it's simple, beautiful and lore-friendly. It has a potential much higher than most beast race mods, as it is so unique, fitting Akaviri.

I have to say it, most known races are replacers, based on khajit shape, or just not TES-like. Tiefling, succubus, dagi/ohmes-raht, many animal-like... They all have it's pros but also cons as well. The only race that can be considered as fitting is Lykaios, but it's just a counter to Khajits.

Basically, you have an endless source, you picked an abandoned mod and changed into something Bethesda itself would be proud of. I am not even kidding and I hope that when TES VI comes out, it does not matter where and when, this one will be also made for it.

#TotallyShort

Wooo...that looks incredible! ALTHOUGH..one thing..how does circlets fit on this new head? Currently wearing one impales their foreheads with it. ><

They may need to be modded a bit in order to fit properly. On the bright side, custom helmets would look bad ass on this head and armor can be made to run along side of the upper part of the head fins. But that may depend on the popularity of the mod. Besides custom armor, something as simple as a single circlet may take me 15 minutes. Although it would be up to someone else to set it up for Skyrim and I'm not sure how it would effect other races. I may do it, but only after male version is finished.

Well, I've been thinking about this, and I think I can indeed give the sharks their own specific gear by hijacking the DefaultRace armors.

I've explained this before, IIRC both here and in the YA thread, but long story short, when you create a new race, you either set them up to use the armor fit for one of the vanilla races, or you manually add them as a new entry to ALL of the game's armor records. Obviously the second option is a no-go, because it would take too much work and it would be incompatible with any kind of mod-added gear without specific patches (so no sexy bikini armors for your shark girls unless someone creates a patch, and doing so is tedious  :-/).

Right now, they are set up to use the armors set for the DefaultRace, which is an "unused" race that points to human meshes and was apparently set up by Bethesda for this exact purpose. The other vanilla races like Nords, Bretons, Argonians, etc. all have their own entries in the armor, so if I were to redirect the DefaultRace to point to shark meshes instead, they wouldn't be affected. Other custom races using DefaultRace would be affected, but since only human races can use the DefaultRace due to their head shape, fixing it is just a matter of changing them to using any of the vanilla humanoid races, like for example Nords.

The only problem I can think of about that method is that due to the way record overrides work in Skyrim, only one plugin can edit the Armor records. So, for example, if you have a mod that changes the armor value for helmets, and my shark headgear plugin, only one can win; either you get the armor edits but the helmet is invisible for sharks, or it's visible and working fine but the armor value stays as vanilla. Not that much of a deal IMO, but still. I'll probably pack the edits in a separate .esp plugin and warn about the effects, and people can decide if they prefer fitting headgear without any other edits they may want to do, or vanilla human meshes (and thus clipping as such) but whatever mods they want editing headgear.

So, yeah, if we get to a point where you feel like doing helmet/headwear conversions, I can put them to use, so there's that.  :shy:

Okay, my connection (fk u intrntz) decided to delete a long post I wrote, so here is shorter one.

I love where this mod goes, it's simple, beautiful and lore-friendly. It has a potential much higher than most beast race mods, as it is so unique, fitting Akaviri.

I have to say it, most known races are replacers, based on khajit shape, or just not TES-like. Tiefling, succubus, dagi/ohmes-raht, many animal-like... They all have it's pros but also cons as well. The only race that can be considered as fitting is Lykaios, but it's just a counter to Khajits.

Basically, you have an endless source, you picked an abandoned mod and changed into something Bethesda itself would be proud of. I am not even kidding and I hope that when TES VI comes out, it does not matter where and when, this one will be also made for it.

#TotallyShort

Thank you very much for this!  :lol: Really appreciate it, and I'm very happy people are enjoying this mod.

Not all the credit goes to me, though. None of this could have been possible without many others, as listed in the credits. But specific mention goes to Kuroyami and Nightro. Thanks a lot to the two of you!  :)

Okay, small update: headgear may require less work than what we think. I just did some quick tests, and the results are promising:

As you can see, circlets fit just fine. There may be some quirks on the sides of the head with the short/mohawk hairstyles, but it shouldn't be that noticeable. Also any helmet that doesn't obstruct the face (like the Imperial and Hide ones, pictured here) should work out of the box.

Obviously face-covering helmets and tight hoods would require editing, at least to remove the face part or to adjust it to the head with enough room to not clip with the chargen sliders, but some of the work seems to be already "done" :D

EDIT: also, as you can see, since I used vanilla human meshes for the hair, the partitions are kept, so in some helmets you will still be able to see some of your character's hair under it. I can't guarantee it will look good since I can't adjust the partitions, just the whole hair mesh, but IMO it's better than all of the hair just magically disappearing when you put on a simple helmet (looking at you, Khajiit Glass helmet  :dodgy:)

EDIT 2: managed to get all of the remaining vanilla female hairs ported. I got all of the human ones, and a few elven and orcish ones as well, plus Calyps' Fronthawk (aka Mizuno's hair). This makes a total of 27 hairs or so, and they all seemed to work acceptably enough. They use whatever vanilla hair textures you have installed.

Same goes for the eyes. Turns out, Khajiit and Argonian eyes use the exact same UV map, so I created new eyes for the sharks that point to whatever Khajiit/Argonian eye textures you have installed. I may get around to doing some shark-specific eye textures sometime in the future, but for now they should be enough (there's like 21 of them, and there could be more because IIRC Male and Female Argonians have different eye textures and so far I've only used the female texture sets).

Also, gave vampires a quick test. Everything seems to work fine, except for the fact that the fangs clip through the mouth. It's obvious but not extremely annoying, though there's always the possibility of removing the vampire morph from the mouth .tri's altogether, so I'll see what I do in the end.

Edited by Blaze69

Also, gave vampires a quick test. Everything seems to work fine, except for the fact that the fangs clip through the mouth. It's obvious but not extremely annoying, though there's always the possibility of removing the vampire morph from the mouth .tri's altogether, so I'll see what I do in the end.

The teeth should only require a quick edit. The thought of sharks already sound carnivorous enough though. A vampire shark just sounds like your giving it a weakness. Realistically though, not gameplay wise.

The thought of sharks already sound carnivorous enough though. A vampire shark just sounds like your giving it a weakness. Realistically though, not gameplay wise.

Vampire: The Masquerade has a bloodline of Vampires, who need to eat flesh, in addition to blood, to sustain themselves. The Nagaraja. A possible idea for Selachii Vampires would be to give them the ability to feed on corpses, just as if one was wearing the Ring of Namira. Not sure how this would work with the perk that likely goes along with wearing the Ring, since having two of the same options(or two differently named options that do the same thing) would not be ideal. Not too sure about the idea though. 

Also, I've started a dialog for Ko'Maru(barely, since that writing style is taxing, but I'll do it), and Lyra. Lyra's dialog is mostly to make sense of why she is in Valerica's Study, since it would be an obvious question. The introduction lines just point you towards doing the current quest(i.e going into the Soul Cairn), and once that part of DG's MQ is finished(after Beyond Death is complete), she will have more to say, and a quest - which is just to go find Arashii for now, and that would give you the option of having him as a follower once you find and speak with him.

But the introduction depends on three possibilities, one that might not make too much sense. Either you are a Vampire Lord, A Vampire, or a Member of the Dawnguard. Being a Vampire Lord or a member of the Dawnguard makes sense, the two logical possibilities for the questline. But for a normal Vampire otherwise, that might just be a "just in case" sort of thing, which could go for either being a member of the Dawnguard(which would ignore the regular part of the dialog that involves that option), or for some reason being cured after being turned by Harkon, and then reinfected by Sangunarie Vampiris. Or it may just go unused, I'm not sure. 

If you are a Vampire Lord, you get this:

L – [PlayerIsAVampireLord] And just who are you to...wait, Serana? You have been turned by Harkon, and you are in Serana's company? Care to explain that?

|

[PC] I found her in Dimhollow Crypt. Harkon rewarded me for bringing her home.

|

L – Dimhollow? I see. But I also see that you understand very little.

|

L – You may not care about his motivations. But they will spell disaster for our kind, and much more for mortals.

|

L – Giving Harkon what he wants is a death sentence for us all.

|

L – But do not think you are secretive, I know what you are after. You seek Valerica.

|

L – You can figure this out yourself. [End Dialog?]

[PC] I am looking for the Elder Scrolls that Harkon has asked for.

|

L – And do you know what that entails? What happens when he gets them? Nothing good for any of us, Vampire or Mortal alike.

|

[PC] Why do you care?

|

L – I have no wish to see that outcome, since I made the effort to stop it once.

|

L – I know that Elder Scrolls do not bring light change, even if not at all used. Just their presence may be enough to bring it about.

|

L – But I care, because in the end, Harkon will not. Where you stand, I do not yet know. [End Dialog]

[PC] And you know this for a fact?

|

L – No, but I have seen that Harkon does not care for either his Daughter, or his Wife, as he once did.

|

L – I care about them, and no matter what you believe, Harkon does not truly care about you, either. [End Dialog]

[PC] We are here looking for Valerica. She has one of the Elder Scrolls. 

|

L – And just what do you intend to do?

|

[PC] We just need the Elder Scroll she has.

|

L – Do you? I know Serana had one. Getting it will bring the same progress as I made, and it seems the same is true for you. [End Dialog]

[PC] We need to find her.

|

L – To talk? To kill her? I will hope for the first, if you are smart. [End Dialog]

[PC] That depends.

|

L – Undecided, then? She will have a time with you, I think. [End Dialog]

The thought of sharks already sound carnivorous enough though. A vampire shark just sounds like your giving it a weakness. Realistically though, not gameplay wise.

Vampire: The Masquerade has a bloodline of Vampires, who need to eat flesh, in addition to blood, to sustain themselves. The Nagaraja. A possible idea for Selachii Vampires would be to give them the ability to feed on corpses, just as if one was wearing the Ring of Namira. Not sure how this would work with the perk that likely goes along with wearing the Ring, since having two of the same options(or two differently named options that do the same thing) would not be ideal. Not too sure about the idea though. 

Also, I've started a dialog for Ko'Maru(barely, since that writing style is taxing, but I'll do it), and Lyra. Lyra's dialog is mostly to make sense of why she is in Valerica's Study, since it would be an obvious question. The introduction lines just point you towards doing the current quest(i.e going into the Soul Cairn), and once that part of DG's MQ is finished(after Beyond Death is complete), she will have more to say, and a quest - which is just to go find Arashii for now, and that would give you the option of having him as a follower once you find and speak with him.

But the introduction depends on three possibilities, one that might not make too much sense. Either you are a Vampire Lord, A Vampire, or a Member of the Dawnguard. Being a Vampire Lord or a member of the Dawnguard makes sense, the two logical possibilities for the questline. But for a normal Vampire otherwise, that might just be a "just in case" sort of thing, which could go for either being a member of the Dawnguard(which would ignore the regular part of the dialog that involves that option), or for some reason being cured after being turned by Harkon, and then reinfected by Sangunarie Vampiris. Or it may just go unused, I'm not sure. 

If you are a Vampire Lord, you get this:

L – [PlayerIsAVampireLord] And just who are you to...wait, Serana? You have been turned by Harkon, and you are in Serana's company? Care to explain that?

|

[PC] I found her in Dimhollow Crypt. Harkon rewarded me for bringing her home.

|

L – Dimhollow? I see. But I also see that you understand very little.

|

L – You may not care about his motivations. But they will spell disaster for our kind, and much more for mortals.

|

L – Giving Harkon what he wants is a death sentence for us all.

|

L – But do not think you are secretive, I know what you are after. You seek Valerica.

|

L – You can figure this out yourself. [End Dialog?]

[PC] I am looking for the Elder Scrolls that Harkon has asked for.

|

L – And do you know what that entails? What happens when he gets them? Nothing good for any of us, Vampire or Mortal alike.

|

[PC] Why do you care?

|

L – I have no wish to see that outcome, since I made the effort to stop it once.

|

L – I know that Elder Scrolls do not bring light change, even if not at all used. Just their presence may be enough to bring it about.

|

L – But I care, because in the end, Harkon will not. Where you stand, I do not yet know. [End Dialog]

[PC] And you know this for a fact?

|

L – No, but I have seen that Harkon does not care for either his Daughter, or his Wife, as he once did.

|

L – I care about them, and no matter what you believe, Harkon does not truly care about you, either. [End Dialog]

[PC] We are here looking for Valerica. She has one of the Elder Scrolls. 

|

L – And just what do you intend to do?

|

[PC] We just need the Elder Scroll she has.

|

L – Do you? I know Serana had one. Getting it will bring the same progress as I made, and it seems the same is true for you. [End Dialog]

[PC] We need to find her.

|

L – To talk? To kill her? I will hope for the first, if you are smart. [End Dialog]

[PC] That depends.

|

L – Undecided, then? She will have a time with you, I think. [End Dialog]

Okay... I did say "not gameplay wise." Of course it's needed to unlock stuff in the game. But who needs fangs when your supposed to have many rows of sharp teeth.

If possible, it is a good idea to give this race more unique traits, just like eating flesh right out of the bat without needing to be turned into a vampire with a bonus effect for regaining health. Or a forward melee power attack into a biting animation.

Well, according to the Green Pact, all Bosmer are supposed to be exclusively carnivore and even have to devour the bodies of their enemies, yet you can have Bosmer vampires without problems, so I don't see how it would make a Selachii "weak" to be a vampire, at least not weaker that any of the other races (what with all the fire weakness and the "Sunlight makes me shine burn to death" stuff). If anything, they would be better prepared to be a vampire due to their predatory nature.

There's also one more thing to consider: I don't picture Selachii to be obligate carnivores (aka they can only eat meat), but rather omnivores with a preference for meat. So, yeah, their favourite and most common food would be fish (because they are sharks, duh), but they can eat vegetables and foods derived from plants just fine. I consider this as a basic development required to become a feasible sentient race. After all, if you can eat more kinds of food, your chances of survival are way higher; and I don't think any of the other races in ES is biologically incapable of eating plant-derived foods. The thing with the Bosmer is due to a religious code, not to a restricting biology.

Besides, going from obligate carnivore to omnivore is not that far-fetched, considering al the other changes they have undergone since they started out as regular feral sharks: they increased their intelligence to match the other sentient races (which starting from sharks is quite the achievement), they developed limbs with opposable thumbs and became bipedal, they developed lungs with which to breath air and live on land instead of water while still keeping their gills...

Hell, they even made the jump from "Fish" to "Mammal". You see, the breasts are not only there just for the sake of boobs (and because making a non-mammal body replacer would take too much work), but rather because they are supposed to be functional. After all, baby sharks need to be fed too. (Huh, wonder what shark milk would taste like. My bet is on "fish"  :P).

Okay... I did say "not gameplay wise." Of course it's needed to unlock stuff in the game. But who needs fangs when your supposed to have many rows of sharp teeth.

If possible, it is a good idea to give this race more unique traits, just like eating flesh right out of the bat without needing to be turned into a vampire with a bonus effect for regaining health. Or a forward melee power attack into a biting animation.

Actually, they do have something like that right now. They have a "Bite" attack (considered a Shout by the game logic, so you get the "shouting" anim and they properly open and close their mouths to "bite") which does some respectable damage and drains health from enemies to heal your character. The damage/drain amount even depends on your character's level.

This is also the reason I don't think adding the Ring of Namira ability to them would be a good idea; they have their own custom feature like that already.

I've been having fun with my shark too, his name is Crash. He's a sexy evil assassin

attachicon.gif20170126223114_1.jpgattachicon.gif20170127000254_1.jpg

I also made him a vampire because why not

Nice, that's an interesting sight indeed  :P.

In case you (or anybody else) are wondering, males will obviously get the same treatment as females have, with new heads and stuff. It may take a while, because Nightro has said he wanted to take a break from working on this mod (and he really deserves it, seeing how hard he worked on females  :lol:). Whenever he feels like doing males, I'll make sure to implement them ASAP and get the update out.

I may release a female-only update as a kind of WIP/Beta so you can try out the new version, but at the moment males are only barely functional: they use standard Argonian heads, their textures have seams, and they have no hairs at all.

Edited by Blaze69

Quick update: while working on the "Playable Snow Elf and Dremora" plugin for Yiffy Age I decided to port the sharks to use RaceCompatibility as well instead of the current fix which only works with the vanilla vampirism system. This means that the next version of the race will have RaceCompatibility as a requirement.

Due to the way RC works, I had to choose a proxy vanilla race from which the sharks would inherit some head parts. I went for Argonians because they have the lowest head part count that I could think of. This means you will get some Argonian part options on the race menu (like eyes, hairs or brows) which will obviously not work with the new heads, but you can safely ignore them and use the shark-specific head parts only.

On the plus side, the race will now be compatible with any vampire overhauls that support RC (such as Better Vampires or Sacrosanct) and the vanilla quests that check for the player's race and could have issues with custom races should work fine as well. If there is any check, your character will be recognized as an Argonian, but that is better than for example Khajiits or Nords IMO.

Edited by Blaze69

I've been having fun with my shark too, his name is Crash. He's a sexy evil assassin

attachicon.gif20170126223114_1.jpgattachicon.gif20170127000254_1.jpg

I also made him a vampire because why not

May i ask which mod the armor is from?

Gannicus Modular Armor http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39730/?

I also have Hoamaii Iron armor if your a heavy armor fan http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58482/?

What body do you use? I'd actually like to use those mods, but they say they're fitted for Favored Souls and Sundracon..and I use SoS..I really don't want to go through changing bodies again. ><

Gannicus Modular Armor http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39730/?

I also have Hoamaii Iron armor if your a heavy armor fan http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58482/?

What body do you use? I'd actually like to use those mods, but they say they're fitted for Favored Souls and Sundracon..and I use SoS..I really don't want to go through changing bodies again. ><

The modular iron armor from the second link is really close to the vanilla Banded Iron Armor replacer included in SOS - Revealing Armors, so you can use that one instead.

As for the Gannicus Armor, I haven't checked but I think the parts shown in meepcrux's pics don't replace the body slot so they can be safely used with SOS' own body, but I would have to check to make sure.

Mentioned a while ago was a note that would be in Ko'Maru's room from Mirabelle, concerning having a bedroll in his room for Mizuno, etc. Well, I've done that, and added a bit extra to it. 

Ko'Maru,

I understand that both Tolfdir and Drevis have spoken highly of your affinity with the Alteration and Illusion schools, to the point where each has suggested that you consider assisting them in their lectures, if you wish.

The apparent dispute between yourself and Ancano, I have been informed of. Know that you are not at fault, and I have repeatedly attempted to ward off how invasive he has been with some lessons. At best, he is a distraction we will have to tolerate, but I will not let him continually harass our students. His exact words to you, I consider nothing more than an insult.

In response to your request, there will be no problems. Due to Mizuno spending most of his time away from the College, keeping his room in the usual order would not be the duty of anyone else at the College. I spoke with him, and he agreed. However, as I said, your question on if you can rearrange your own room to allow him somewhere to sleep, is not a problem.

-Mirabelle Ervine

I've also made a start on his dialog. Some of the introduction parts will depend on the player's race, and he responds the best to the beast races, including a Selachii. If the player is a Selachii, then he will mention Mizuno, and in addition, if the player is a Selachii and has completed Mizuno's quest, then he might give you a little something too. Not sure what, but I'm thinking something, somewhat simple. Mizuno's journal mentions Ko'Maru using a bath soap made from Snowberries. So a bottle of "Snowberry Cream", a cream he makes(using some of it for the bath soap), which is edible, and basically a drink. Though for the item's appearance, I can perhaps do a simple retexture of the "Black Briar Reserve". 

Mentioned a while ago was a note that would be in Ko'Maru's room from Mirabelle, concerning having a bedroll in his room for Mizuno, etc. Well, I've done that, and added a bit extra to it. [...]

I've also made a start on his dialog. Some of the introduction parts will depend on the player's race, and he responds the best to the beast races, including a Selachii. If the player is a Selachii, then he will mention Mizuno, and in addition, if the player is a Selachii and has completed Mizuno's quest, then he might give you a little something too. Not sure what, but I'm thinking something, somewhat simple. Mizuno's journal mentions Ko'Maru using a bath soap made from Snowberries. So a bottle of "Snowberry Cream", a cream he makes(using some of it for the bath soap), which is edible, and basically a drink. Though for the item's appearance, I can perhaps do a simple retexture of the "Black Briar Reserve". 

Sounds good about the letter, and I'm liking that "Snowberry Cream" idea. Retexturing the Black Briar Reserve Bottle should be easy, even if it's just to remove the brand, and I may even give a shot at adding some handwriting with the name to the tag, for the sake of uniqueness (though I will probably just try some text with "handwritten" font from Word and paste it on the texture. We'll see).

Okay, time for another update. This time I managed to port the Argonian scars to the new head. Kinda.

The scar mesh was actually created by taking the vanilla Argonian head, removing everything but a specific region, and changing the UV to properly place the scar texture. This means the scar meshes are built for the vanilla heads and thus have a polycount way lower than the current heads. I managed to morph them to match the shark head, but the lower polycount means they are blocky, the UV is somewhat stretched and they clip through some parts of the face. Still, I guess flawed scars is better than no scars at all. Here are some pics:

I also ported the earrings from the old version to the new head. Now they are fin rings instead, because those are not ears but rather, well, fins. Nightro added the ears on the sides of the head as small holes, which I think is a nice detail. Anyway, all of the colors/materials from the old version are available for them. Their shape/placement is not the best, I'm afraid, but again, it's better than nothing:

That's pretty much it.

Okay, time for another update. This time I managed to port the Argonian scars to the new head. Kinda.

The scar mesh was actually created by taking the vanilla Argonian head, removing everything but a specific region, and changing the UV to properly place the scar texture. This means the scar meshes are built for the vanilla heads and thus have a polycount way lower than the current heads. I managed to morph them to match the shark head, but the lower polycount means they are blocky, the UV is somewhat stretched and they clip through some parts of the face. Still, I guess flawed scars is better than no scars at all. Here are some pics:

I also ported the earrings from the old version to the new head. Now they are fin rings instead, because those are not ears but rather, well, fins. Nightro added the ears on the sides of the head as small holes, which I think is a nice detail. Anyway, all of the colors/materials from the old version are available for them. Their shape/placement is not the best, I'm afraid, but again, it's better than nothing:

attachicon.gifShark_Rings.png attachicon.gifShark_Rings_Back.png

That's pretty much it.

Huh...for argonians, I use this mod right here, and in it, it updates the scars(And a bunch of other things) to look better on them. Since you ported argonian scars to sharkmer, would it look like the new scars or vanilla scars on Sharkmer?

Huh...for argonians, I use this mod right here, and in it, it updates the scars(And a bunch of other things) to look better on them. Since you ported argonian scars to sharkmer, would it look like the new scars or vanilla scars on Sharkmer?

Yup, they wil get the new scars. The edited meshes for the sharks still point to vanilla scar texture path, so they will use whatever Argonian scar replacer you have. There are also like three or four scars that use human scar textures, so the same will happen with those and human/humanoid scar replacers. Also note that this also applies to the vanilla hairs, so they will use whatever hair texture replacer you have installed.

Okay, (yet another) new small update. I just saw some pics of a character with a hairstyle I liked, and it turned out to be included in KS Hairs, so I went ahead and added it for the sharks. This is the end result:

The only downside is that the scalp hair clips through the head sometimes. I edited the vanilla scalp mesh to increase the polycount and now it fits the base head in weighting and deformation, but the problem is in the morphs/expressions. The back of the head is affected by them, and so it moves slightly when the character opens her mouth and such (it's only by a small amount but enough for it to clip). Fixing it would require creating a .tri file for the hair matching the head one (at least for the scalp part); doing it by hand would take too much work and effort and the only program that can do it automatically is only for use with Oblivion meshes (and requires .egm files which I have no idea at all on how to create :dodgy:). So I guess I'm out of luck about this, unless there is an easier way to create the hair .tri that I don't know of.

Still, it looks good enough for it to be an acceptable tradeoff IMO. If any of you know of any similar hairs that you would like (be it in KS or somewhere else), feel free to let me know so I can take a shot at porting them if the permissions allow for it. The more hairs, the better.

(Also, side note: as you may be able to tell by the pics, I updated my character. Still a WIP untill I consider the new version of the race to be ready, but looking prettty good already :shy:).

Edited by Blaze69

I was actually thinking that I should lower and angle the fins more. Oh well, too late now. I may be able to make a better version for Skyrim 6, but no promises. And that all depends on if Blaze69 is still here or someone else takes over, and the poly-count they have set up unless someone wants to do the expressions. Considering how much better it looks with hair though and not without since compromises had to be made, maybe separate fin meshes would have been the way to go.

I was actually thinking that I should lower and angle the fins more. Oh well, too late now. I may be able to make a better version for Skyrim 6, but no promises. And that all depends on if Blaze69 is still here or someone else takes over, and the poly-count they have set up unless someone wants to do the expressions. Considering how much better it looks with hair though and not without since compromises had to be made, maybe separate fin meshes would have been the way to go.

The fins are good as they are, so don't worry. They also happen to match most of the placement for the "mohawk" hairs, like the vanilla ocish ones or the mod-added ones (as seen in the "Wanda" hair from KS I just ported), which is neat.

About Elder Scrolls 6, well... Bethesda has stated it's a long way from here, and they would like to "wait for the proper technology" to be available (go figure what that means  :dodgy:). Still, I do intend to play and mod that game whenever it comes out, so unless RL gets in the way or something like that, yes, I should still be around by then. So count on me for whatever possible future projects for it you may want to take  :lol:.

Okay, decided to bite the bullet and release what I have so far as a Beta version. As the update notes and the description state, RaceCompatibility is now a requirement, so make sure to install it if you don't have it already.

I have not tested how a mid-game update would work, but it should be assumed to not be possible. You should start a new game if you want to play with the 3.0 BETA. Sorry about that.

And yeah, the same thing about "report any bugs you come across" applies, but with double the emphasis because this is a BETA release. I think I packed everything properly, but I can't be sure. Also feel free to provide all the feedback you consider necessary, and please let me know if it works fine for you. Also some pics of your characters would be welcome, but that is not mandatory, lol  :P.

As always, enjoy!

Okay, decided to bite the bullet and release what I have so far as a Beta version. As the update notes and the description state, RaceCompatibility is now a requirement, so make sure to install it if you don't have it already.

I have not tested how a mid-game update would work, but it should be assumed to not be possible. You should start a new game if you want to play with the 3.0 BETA. Sorry about that.

And yeah, the same thing about "report any bugs you come across" applies, but with double the emphasis because this is a BETA release. I think I packed everything properly, but I can't be sure. Also feel free to provide all the feedback you consider necessary, and please let me know if it works fine for you. Also some pics of your characters would be welcome, but that is not mandatory, lol  :P.

As always, enjoy!

Hmm, with the follower plugin removed, should we not use it with the current beta version, or can we keep it in? Btw, I am very pleased that you guys seem to be tirelessly working on this mod, thanks! You guys are awesome. :3

Hmm, with the follower plugin removed, should we not use it with the current beta version, or can we keep it in? Btw, I am very pleased that you guys seem to be tirelessly working on this mod, thanks! You guys are awesome. :3

Nope, better to just remove it as well. It shouldn't cause crashes or anything like that (key word here being *should*), but the NPCs will probably be all buggy.

And thanks for that!  :lol: