What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

On 8/26/2020 at 8:06 PM, DremoraDream said:

Is it as intuitive as NMM when it comes to sorting? Can i just drag and move the order around? Or is it more like loot where loot is set with its own metadata?

Really couldn't comment as the closest I ever got to NMM was FOMM for FO3/FNV. I always used MO for Skyrim, but SE needed a 64 bit manager. I like Vortex.

10 hours ago, Stiffon said:

Really couldn't comment as the closest I ever got to NMM was FOMM for FO3/FNV. I always used MO for Skyrim, but SE needed a 64 bit manager. I like Vortex.

I've been experimenting with Vortex for the past 2 days now. It's weird but I like it. 

Overwriting, Priority, Sorting... it's done basically automatically, all I have to do is choose what goes where, which is nice. I had to do way more work with NMM - and most of it externally.

37 minutes ago, firestarteraus said:

I have been personally using NNM/Vortex since they first come out... Just switched over to MO2 as found it has alot more control than Vortex, I think once you learn the UI for MO2 you wont go back.

I tried MO back in 2014-2015 with Oldrim and didn't like it. Personally, I switched back to the Old NMM then, because MO had too many options for handling things, and that was overwhelming for me... 

I do see a lot of people use and rely on MO but I don't think I could try it again, I find it quite intimidating to be honest ?

On 8/27/2020 at 9:38 AM, daedal said:

havent had a problem with vortex in a long long while, i'd say its in a good state. 

On 8/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, flutie said:

been using vortex for about a year with no problems, SL and most mods from LL install and deploy fine for me

Same here. I actually prefer it over MO2. When it come to mod that required running a third party tool like FNIS, Bodyslide. Vortex handle it better and less complicated. Also you don't have to running mod manager in the background when playing.  

NMM on other hand is pretty bad and outdated. It take long time to unzip and install mod, especially with larger mod.  No fuction to sort priority for installed mod. I think you can't go wrong with either Vortex or MO. Just don't use NMM.

I've only used Vortex, as a relative newcomer to SSE. I started another "let's redo my mods" kick last week, and ran into a problem where Vortex would seemingly randomly disable the plugins for mods I'd just installed. This happened especially when I cloned a profile. The work around I found was to look at my plugins with the "disabled" filter so I can quickly re-enable them.

Otherwise, Vortex is pretty good IMO.

I'M just wondering what options there are for armor and weapons  that level with you..

WHen you are level 1, armor is consistent with what you find in helgen / bleak falls barrow

when you start finding dwarven armor- your armor that you are wearing - becomes consistent with that., same with weapons.

Idea being- "This is my trusty armor set, i've been wearing it since i became an adult, and just because i almost got killed in helgen  doesnt mean im gonna- stop wearing it..
----
1) does that stuff exist?
---

icing on cake- weapons and so forth arent oversized, evil look- but not "copy paste" of daedric  Oversized means, if im running around with a sickle on my back, and the sickle blade is 2-3 times as long, as my back is wide- its oversized..

1 hour ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

icing on cake- weapons and so forth arent oversized, evil look- but not "copy paste" of daedric  Oversized means, if im running around with a sickle on my back, and the sickle blade is 2-3 times as long, as my back is wide- its oversized.

I, too, hate the "fugitive from WoW" oversized weapons. Fortunately, there are Scale settings for each type of weapon (bows, quivers, daggers, swords, greatswords, etc.) on the Weapons tab of Racemenu. I set my daggers to 70% and my bows to 85% and they're much better looking in-game. A word of caution, though- setting the weapon scale does not alter the animations, so if you (for example) set your bows to 50% because you're playing a small character whose scale is 85%, the bow draw and shooting animations may look weird.

2 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

I'M just wondering what options there are for armor and weapons  that level with you..

Check Signature Equipment. You equip a set of weapons/armors and they'll level up with usage. It isn't much of a tiered progression, but a constant upgrade for the base attributes, you can tweak that progression in the MCM.

For different weapon models there are mods like Better-Shaped Weapons or Vanilla Weapon Replacer. These will change the models (for better or worse, personal preference really, at least Better shaped weapons stays close to vanilla designs but solves some issues with huge/bulky shapes). And you can totally do as @Vyxenne suggest and change the scale to further tweak the end result. I always have to do that for bows/quivers but specially shields (have you seen the Ysframor shield equipped on the back? your character will look like a turtle-person, which isn't inherently bad, but I'm not looking for that at the moment...).

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I, too, hate the "fugitive from WoW" oversized weapons. Fortunately, there are Scale settings for each type of weapon (bows, quivers, daggers, swords, greatswords, etc.) on the Weapons tab of Racemenu. I set my daggers to 70% and my bows to 85% and they're much better looking in-game. A word of caution, though- setting the weapon scale does not alter the animations, so if you (for example) set your bows to 50% because you're playing a small character whose scale is 85%, the bow draw and shooting animations may look weird.

edit-nm,   I magically learned to read and read your whole post :P

2 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Check Signature Equipment. You equip a set of weapons/armors and they'll level up with usage. It isn't much of a tiered progression, but a constant upgrade for the base attributes, you can tweak that progression in the MCM.

I did a "find" search through the first 9 pages of comments- does that work with equipment from mods?

If it does- that might be the work around...  Edit size of model, and then give the weapon/armor  stats consistent with level one armor/weapons... and go...

20 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Yeah, it's in the description

"All weapons and armor, clothing, and jewelry is affected, even modded items"

Something about being drunk...also, ctrl+f and "custom"

question now is, does it do it retroactively,   meaning, level 1- spawn in ebony armor. ebony is clearly way overpowered for level 1. by default.  is that mod gonna take that spawned in armor, and subtract from it... or does that  mod only count up?

sucks being away from computer where i cant just try it out :P    but if i need to go into ssedit.  get a suit of ebony armor, for m lvl 1, that has armor values consistent with iron/steel  I will..

Has anyone made an HDT-SMP version of Geralt's hair from Witcher? Believe it or not this became one of my favorite hair styles for my female characters before I ever played Witcher 2. I especially like the Apachii Skyhair version, but I'm kinda addicted to SMP hair at this point, so whenever I try it I'm just sad to see it so frozen.

I've been digging around for a while because I couldn't believe that it hadn't already been done, but I haven't found one yet. Has anyone seen this?

13 hours ago, MainZoe said:

My game is working properly now but...

Time to break it, huh? That's the spirit! :classic_biggrin:

13 hours ago, MainZoe said:

i would like to have big physics when naked, when clothed some physics and when armored almost 0 physics, how can i change that physics? is possible to do that? Im using CBBE, HDT, CBPC, 3BBB and SINful CBP.

Yes, you can Almost™ do that-

• Build the floppiest Default Body type you can find (probably 3BBB) with BodySlide as your default (nude) body
  • Replace the Reference shape in your Slot-32 clothing with a less-floppy but still physics-capable Reference (CBBE-Physics, CBBE-Outfit) using Outfit Studio, then build it with BodySlide
  • Replace the Reference shape in your Slot-32 armor with a static (no physics bones) body (CBBE) using Outfit Studio, then build it with BodySlide

Of course, it goes without saying that if you are able to find clothing/armor that is already set up with the above body types then you won't need to do anything in Outfit Studio.

10 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

question now is, does it do it retroactively,   meaning, level 1- spawn in ebony armor. ebony is clearly way overpowered for level 1. by default.  is that mod gonna take that spawned in armor, and subtract from it... or does that  mod only count up?

sucks being away from computer where i cant just try it out :P    but if i need to go into ssedit.  get a suit of ebony armor, for m lvl 1, that has armor values consistent with iron/steel  I will..

TBH I haven't used that mod, but based on the description I'd say that's not in the scope of the mod. The point is to keep using any item in game through the entire game because there is a constant progression. It doesn't level the item attributes based on vanilla tiers. And I'm almost certain it only upgrades stuff, not downgrade things to accomodate high tier gear in low level characters. If I were to use that mod I would use modded items with shitty stats and use it for the rest of the playthrough.

There are other mods to change the appearance of any item so you can wear let's say an iron armor (so shitty stats) with the looks of an ebony armor (just the appearance) and let Signature Equipment increase the stats of your Iron stats - ebony look armor. But that seems too complicated for such a little part of the game (after all, when you reach mid levels you should already have access to any gear tier and you still have plenty of content to explore in the late levels).

52 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

TBH I haven't used that mod, but based on the description I'd say that's not in the scope of the mod. The point is to keep using any item in game through the entire game because there is a constant progression. It doesn't level the item attributes based on vanilla tiers. And I'm almost certain it only upgrades stuff, not downgrade things to accomodate high tier gear in low level characters. If I were to use that mod I would use modded items with shitty stats and use it for the rest of the playthrough.

There are other mods to change the appearance of any item so you can wear let's say an iron armor (so shitty stats) with the looks of an ebony armor (just the appearance) and let Signature Equipment increase the stats of your Iron stats - ebony look armor. But that seems too complicated for such a little part of the game (after all, when you reach mid levels you should already have access to any gear tier and you still have plenty of content to explore in the late levels).

Yea, digging suggests however it does work, ill need to manually adjust the starting level of ebony armor.. to be consistent with what a level 1 person could find- say in helgen.   So I can use ebony armor from 1 until forever.