Hi gang, I'm hoping I could get some help from people who know their way around SMP files in here, because I seem to be stuck enabling collisions on something.

I'm attempting to convert a race mod that was never quite finished to SE, and I've got this here formerly HDT-PE twin ponytail mesh intended to be an Extra Headpart that attaches to a main hair model. Problem is, I know diddly squat about SMP.

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.png.da7ed99c08c400886767f09c73f6aba9.png

I'm trying to learn how to make an XML for this thing using a guide and one of Ousnius's XMLs from his SMP KS Hairdo mod, specifically the Baby Doll one, since both hairs have twin ponytails I'd hoped their bone structure would be similar enough for me to make some sense out of it. I got physics enabled on it after replacing all the Baby Doll bones for the bones found in my Nif, but my progress stopped when I tried to imitate the way he'd set collision for his hair. I changed the per-vertex-shape entry to use the "Miku Kawaii _mesh" TriShape seen in the screencap, made Extra Headparts pointing to the proxy collision meshes in the plugin and assigned them to the hair, made sure the other collision shapes still had the right TriShape names, and... no luck, the tails pass right through my character's body. Tried again after copying the proxy body into the Nif like how people had said to do it before, but that didn't work either so I can only assume my XML isn't right. I can't upload the full mod at present and the proxy assets can't be uploaded without Ousnius' permission, but would anyone possibly be able to look at my mesh and XML to see what I've done wrong?

hair5tail.nif hair5tail.XML

On 1/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, srea said:

Just an FYI I'm not planning on doing new feature dev on SMP for at least a little bit since I want to work on something else right now (parallax). But I'll update if there are obvious bugs.

There is a person who did wind implementation in SMP framework. The only thing I don't know if source code is available for that change. The version of your SMP plugin their changes is based of is also unknown
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31936?tab=description

7 hours ago, full_inu said:

There is a person who did wind implementation in SMP framework. The only thing I don't know if source code is available for that change. The version of your SMP plugin their changes is based of is also unknown
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31936?tab=description

What an interesting concept! The "demo" videos on that mod look weird, though, with the collar-thingies blowing furiously in the wind and the ponytail remaining rock-solid-immovable at the same time... Looking at the xml examples it looks like the wind capability would need to be implemented in the hair xml...

On 1/17/2020 at 5:27 PM, srea said:

Just an FYI I'm not planning on doing new feature dev on SMP for at least a little bit since I want to work on something else right now (parallax). But I'll update if there are obvious bugs.

I noticed with latest ver after loading game which was saved in exterior location player is invisble and sometime take time to show up, and gloss specular(wetfunction redux) on player is not working in exterior location, returned to old version fixed that.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Looking at the xml examples it looks like the wind capability would need to be implemented in the hair xml...

No, tweaking XMLs of mods is not required.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

What an interesting concept! The "demo" videos on that mod look weird, though, with the collar-thingies blowing furiously in the wind and the ponytail remaining rock-solid-immovable at the same time...

Official vids are awful and does not reflect even 10% of great capabilities of this mod. All I can say that it works out of the box and I gonna use)

9 hours ago, RxSZN said:

Can you link the oldrim source? i can make it work.Seems a minor issue

Certainly, if you were referring to the original race mod, I'm working with a more updated version of the mod found here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68536-2017-10-09-updated-racefollower-anime-race-all-in-one-12/

If you meant the original LE mesh, that would be here: hair5tail.nif

Someone else also lent me a hand and tried setting up the Nif and XML with the method that includes proxy meshes in the Nif itself, but that didn't seem to work out either. Does that mean my problem is actually with the mesh and not the XML? I've started to decipher the data in these things enough to suspect the relevant parts of the XML are all in order, so I'm absolutely mystified why this isn't working.

14 hours ago, Mud said:

omeone else also lent me a hand and tried setting up the Nif and XML with the method that includes proxy meshes in the Nif itself, but that didn't seem to work out either. Does that mean my problem is actually with the mesh and not the XML? I've started to decipher the data in these things enough to suspect the relevant parts of the XML are all in order, so I'm absolutely mystified why this isn't working.

In haste, I did not check, too lazy to make an esp file. hair5tail.nif hair5tail.XML

12 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Where are folks getting HDT earrings from?

There have been several sets of them posted in this thread. One that I have used for quite a while is named "HDT TEST Earrings" and another is called "HN66<something>".

You might want to try a thread search on "earrings" although the last time I did that I didn't get any hits even though the files are here. Also ask @Kokan - he's as big a fan of SMP Earrings as I am and helped me find my SMP Hoops.

9 hours ago, Gromilla said:

In haste, I did not check, too lazy to make an esp file. hair5tail.nif hair5tail.XML

Hmm, thank you for helping me out, but it seems this Nif crashes the game. But it looks like you tried out the same method the other user I mentioned tried, by putting the proxy meshes into the Nif?

When successful with the proper proxy body and ground meshes, these things are supposed to not clip into the body, get moved around by the arms, and not clip through the ground, right? I can't identify any reason this isn't working at this point.

Thanks for the attempts, but I'm feeling like there's something I'm just missing here.

Am I correct in understanding that, if an object has physics enabled by SMP, we're supposed to be able to give it collision as long as it has per-vertex-shape and per-triangle-shape data in the XML for the shape itself and the shape we want it to collide with? It doesn't need anything extra to work with custom races, does it?

13 hours ago, Illuminati said:

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I use Pierced Ears and I love the cross with the chain. Is this being developed further? I noticed the Elven variants haven't been done yet.

I'm using a more complete version of this mod. I think it came from somewhere in this thread, but I can't remember who uploaded it.

I hope it's ok to post this. 

HDT Earrings-SSE Fixed.7z

21 minutes ago, MystOfDawn said:

I'm using a more complete version of this mod. I think it came from somewhere in this thread, but I can't remember who uploaded it.

I hope it's ok to post this. 

HDT Earrings-SSE Fixed.7z 12.11 MB · 11 downloads

I just compared the contents of the two versions side-by-side and they appear to be identical- same number, name and file size of meshes, textures, and xml's. Also, although I only spot-checked 5 or 6 meshes, I can't see where anything was "fixed" in this version, nor is anything "broken" in the other version- I've been using it for over a year with no problems. Again, they appear to be identical in every respect except for the archive name, the compression utilities used (one is a zip, the other is 7z) and the "fixed" version has a meta.ini file, which doesn't affect the appearance, quality or function of any item in the mod.

Would you mind revealing in what way this version is "more complete" or "fixed" compared with the seemingly-identical version Farass posted? Thanks.

This was just the file I downloaded at the time, I've never tried the other one.

I assumed it might be more complete, but I wasn't sure. I should have checked that first :sweat:

Also, it was already called "fixed" when I found the file. And like I said before, I don't know who uploaded it.

I'm very sorry if I caused confusion and wasted your time, I didn't intend to do so :confounded:

I sincerely wish that we had some sort of HDT tracking thread with detailed information about the progress of certain mods while also concatenating all current mods that utilize the HDT framework. Something akin to the Conversation Tracking thread pinned to the SSE forum. Having to do tedious searching through 235 page thread buries hidden gems and otherwise unknown projects. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Kokan said:

impossible, every day CBPC and hdt Physics are revamped, every new update is doing worse!? i think i will go back to 1.5.80

I'm giving up any work on smp for now

I have serious problem with cbpc and smp combination 

I tried renaming cbp.dll to xcbp. dll and adding hdtsmp64_preload.text and using realastic smp xmls but it didn't work 

like in 1.5.80 and it cause fps drop in combats and in cities 

any solution?

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Does anyone know who converted these to SMP? Many of them are versions of earrings I ported to SSE (with the author's permission, of course) and I'd like permission to share these SMP conversions as well.

I don't remember who originally made them. I just converted them to SSE and removed the collisions in the xml files because I thought with the earrings it was enough for them to be limited by their angular movement.

13 hours ago, kalor123 said:

I have serious problem with cbpc and smp combination 

I tried renaming cbp.dll to xcbp. dll and adding hdtsmp64_preload.text and using realastic smp xmls but it didn't work 

like in 1.5.80 and it cause fps drop in combats and in cities 

any solution?

This is the guide I followed to get CBPC and SMP working together (posted many, many, many pages ago in this thread and modified for more recent versions of HDT-SMP):

CBPC + CBBE + HDT-SMP

1. hdtSSEFramework
2. CBPC
3  Immersive CBP Config (or Sinful, whatever)
4. CBBE Body *
5. CBBE SMP Config
(6. SSE Engine Fixes should be installed.)

7. Edit defaultBBPs (Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs)
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <default-bbps>
        </default-bbps>

8. In the SKSE\Plugins folder, right-click and add a new text file.
        Name it: hdtSMP64_preload.txt

9. CBPC handles body physics, HDT-SMP cloth physics (and wigs, hairs, earings, etc).

* FAQ at CBPC says:

CBBE SE Physics Body -> Breast & Butt nodes
        CBBE SE Special Body -> Breast, Butt & Vagina nodes

Though I've actually been considering switching to full SMP, since SMP seems to have almost no meaningful impact on my frame rate.