20 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Thanks for the tip, it's a beautiful tail for a rabbit, but it's not good for a cat. Tail by NightroModzz I like it more.

I know, and i like it better too, but I already tried to get the tail ingame and it didn't work out. Bad Dog may be able to do it, but with the backlog of stuff on his to-do list (the Cellan race being first AFAIK), I'd say it's unfortunately not going to happen anytime soon.

17 hours ago, L0ne_W0lf said:

Kind of a long shot, and may go against the vision of the mod...but is there any way to actually separate the feline variants into their own sorta...sub race mods? While there are the "unique player character" versions of the tiger and snow leopard, I think, I love the look and textures of some of the felines, and it would be interesting to create characters/NPCs with them, without having to have all of YA installed.

Yes, I've thought about putting them on on Nexus as standalone race mods. But then someone said something to me about otters...

Grab the tail off the hyenas to use as a smilodon tail? It's kinda short and stubby with some shape to it.

The lungaris are looking good, glad you put that together. Maybe I need to get the rabbits back into my YA setup. I totally think the otters are going there. No reason not to add more species as different races.

28 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

The lungaris are looking good, glad you put that together. Maybe I need to get the rabbits back into my YA setup. I totally think the otters are going there. No reason not to add more species as different races.

Thanks! And you mean add them as their own custom races bundled with YA? Sure, that could be nice. The Lungaris plugin already includes a few NPCs and a new location, and AFAIK the plans to add Cellan NPCs are still standing, so I can see that happening for both of them (and any other that may come in the future).

Speaking of which, if/when those NPCs are added and you want to give them dialogue or quests or stuff like that, I can lend a hand with it. Can't do very fancy stuff yet, but I've been doing some work on the NPC plugin for the sharks and I kinda way my way around it now :classic_shy:. Oh, and also found a way to add soft links to SL, so you can add scenes or dialogues that lead to sexy times if you have SL but are harmlessly skipped if you don't and don't actually make SL a hard requirement. Just for the record.

Soft links are cool. 

I'm not going to get into anything complicated with quests... I don't think. That's GLDescribe's baliwick. I want to add a few NPCs to the unused boat in solitude and give them routines and such, mostly for practice. But I'll make it a separate ESP so anything more complicated won't conflict. 

I was just saying I'll add them to my game. They could go into YA but don't need to unless there's interest.

So maybe the MSN seams kinda suck. Also I dropped the missing _1 body into a hands mesh. Clearly too long in front of the computer.

3 hours ago, Newbie2015 said:

Hi, DD patch support male characters too?

Technically yes; it adds the proper male meshes for head items like collars, blindfolds or gags (except for panel gags which still use human meshes for males). If you want the rest of the (body) devices to have male meshes, you also need the Devious Devices for Him patch. Do note that it is outdated and doesn't cover all the devices so there will still be plenty of them without male meshes.

But you shouldn't really be using DD stuff on males unless you only want them as cosmetic items and don't care about the scripts and coding breaking. DD was always (and looks like it will always be) meant to be used on female characters only, so males are buggy at best and simply broken most of the time.

On 1/2/2018 at 12:08 PM, Blaze69 said:

You can edit the plugin and the skeletons so that NPCs revert to a plantigrade (vanilla) stance and equip boots and shoes, but since the textures are built for the paws, you would still have those when barefoot or when wearing revealing footwear (like footwraps or Falmer "boots"). That's basically what I did, and seems like Kuroyami did the same.

At least for vanilla non-beast races, though; in theory it would be possible to create a patch so that Argonians and Khajiit use Grimoa's feet while the other races keep the paws, yes. But it would take some work.

I finally got a chance to sit down and try this but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to edit/delete/disable in the plugin to get boots back and get rid of beast feet. I got the skeleton part figured out but the feet remain. I'm fairly familiar with CK and TESedit; what do I need to edit to get this to work?

1 minute ago, Nocturnefoxx said:

I finally got a chance to sit down and try this but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to edit/delete/disable in the plugin to get boots back and get rid of beast feet. I got the skeleton part figured out but the feet remain. I'm fairly familiar with CK and TESedit; what do I need to edit to get this to work?

You need to remove the edits to the boot/shoes ArmorAddons and to the actual Armor records so that the vanilla AAs show up on the YA races again. Should be able to do it quick and dirty by simply going through the ArmorAddon and Armor sub-fields from the YA plugin in TES5Edit and deleting anything that's edited from vanilla that has "feet" or "shoes" or "boots" in the name. But you have to be careful not to remove anything else or you may break things. You should also leave the edits to footwear that does show the feet (wedding sandals, Falmer boots, footwraps, etc.) because otherwise they will try to load the paw textures and cause bugs.

17 hours ago, Newbie2015 said:

Hi, DD patch support male characters too?

If it helps at all, my personal experience using the newest DD with the patches for males and beast races has been pretty stable. You get some female pronouns when you equip stuff and I haven't tried any hobble dresses or high heels, stuff like that, but the rest of it seems to work pretty well. Keeps me happy at any rate. I just always save before I equip anything on a follower in case it crashes or I can't get stuff off.

The DD patch Veladarius made for cock cages works well also, if you don't want a chastity belts disappearing the schlongs. Doesn't use any BD schlongs of course, but at least its more anatomically appropriate.

@oragamifan, better yet howabout I edit every freaking helmet in the game to have proper ear holes? And hoods with stitched seams around the holes?

No worries, I'm just poking fun. Everybody's got their preferences and I can't cater to them all. I HAVE thought about editing the helmets and hoods to have proper ear holes, but every time I think it I go stick my head in the toilet until the feeling goes away.

1 hour ago, ianpal123 said:

Has anyone tried Being Female mod with YA? the whole having your own kid instead of adopting one seems pretty neat (sorry Hroar xD)

Haven't actually tried it, but I assume it should be fine as long as the child actors it includes use vanilla assets only. You would still need to export FaceGen data for them with YA loaded, and AFAIK the only available child races are the vanilla ones (not even sure if the Breton and Redguard kids are used or it's just Nords), but it shouldn't crash or have bugs or anything like that.

In fact at some point I thought about creating child races for the YA races that don't have them already (so elves and Orcs) and using them for that, but the documentation on how to create such addons for BF is not available; also IMO the mod itself is bloated with unnecesary features and also a huge resource hog and source of bugs, stack dumps and errors. So I don't think I will actually do anything with it.

I've got to say, I've been keeping an eye on this mod, and it's really getting some nice polish.  The only thing keeping me from installing it and never looking back is the lack of CBBE support, and no current option for non-digitigrade feet.  I know it's a personal choice, and would be a bit of a hassle to convert, but I just like the CBBE body better.  :confused:

25 minutes ago, circuit said:

I've got to say, I've been keeping an eye on this mod, and it's really getting some nice polish.  The only thing keeping me from installing it and never looking back is the lack of CBBE support, and no current option for non-digitigrade feet.  I know it's a personal choice, and would be a bit of a hassle to convert, but I just like the CBBE body better.  :confused:

You can get non-digitigrade feet easily by replacing the YA skeleton files with the standard XPMSE ones. You can also edit the the plugin if you want to get visible footwear back though that obviously requires more work; more info on my previous post above.

As for the CBBE conversion, though... Yeah, not going to happen anytime soon, if ever. Porting body textures from one body type to another is difficult and would need quite some work for the result to be actually worth it. I'm certainly not against it but I don't feel like putting time and work into it, or at least not for now. Pretty sure Bad Dog doesn't either.

4 hours ago, TheRealMissAmber said:

UNP to CBBE feet? IV done conversations like that before. [...]

Actually it would be UNP to CBBE body textures. The feet comment was separate from the lack-of-CBBE-one. In fact, since the feet (paws) use their own separate textures, only thing that would be needed would be to fit the ankle seam to the CBBE body seam if the CBBE seam placement is different from vanilla/UNP one (if it isn't, then no actual mesh work would be needed).

It's porting the body textures from UNP to CBBE (or recreating them from scratch for CBBE) what would be needed for actual CBBE support and what would take too much work and thus probably won't happen.