1 hour ago, ianpal123 said:

Thnx~ clicking the "Revealing" option in SOS Menu fixed the missing schlong for the Black Robes :D

The problem there is that it seems Bad Dog's Skimpy Clothes mod does change the meshes for the Black/Necromancer/etc robes, and does have some of the entries for them as well, but doesn't always add the SOS_Revealing keyword to them. 

I recently went through and made it and the SOS - Revealing Armors mod work with CCOR/CCF/WAF, and had to add that keyword to those robes. The only thing I'm not sure about would be the Object Bounds lines, and if I should copy those over too. 

USLEEP Patch is updated. But none of the patches should contain facegens for vanilla NPCs--they should all be in the YA mod and not be overwritten, even if the NPC has been altered. (Things like Immersive College change NPC stats. I did a merge that took the stats from IC and the appearance from YA so the same facegen would work.)

HOWEVER, there's something funky about facegen. I have an Interesting NPC who I swear was looking fine but now has a face/body mismatch. I don't know if the Skyrim engine decided to wig out on that load, if some modding I was doing changed things, or what. So I'll chase these as I can but it may be a Skyrim thing.

Dear
I use the preset "Naturalistic HDT Jiggle and Collision set" and then use BodySlide made UNP body, but still there will be cracks in the arms and legs of women, this issue is very affect the game experience. Will you provide the BodySlide preset for Age women's hands and feet? thank you very much!

2 hours ago, AIRtZQ said:

Dear
I use the preset "Naturalistic HDT Jiggle and Collision set" and then use BodySlide made UNP body, but still there will be cracks in the arms and legs of women, this issue is very affect the game experience. Will you provide the BodySlide preset for Age women's hands and feet? thank you very much!

Assuming by "cracks" you mean seams, the UNP preset should match just fine without bugs, so something else is wrong on your end.

Try rebuilding the body in Bodyslide and make sure you select UUNP - UNP as the preset, and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, check if you have any other mod replacing body meshes that may be conflicting with Bodyslide.

@Bad Dog

Is there any way you could Export an accurate position of the digi feet (with the legs too) that I'm positive was adjusted with the bone morphing from the original high poly? As I recall, it exports as plantigrade right? Or would the armor auto morph too the digi form too? I need it as a resource, and can also upload it at the Khajiit Overhaul Nexus page as a recourse for armor creation if accurate.

I will be continuing khajiit Overhaul work sometime soon and plan to just reposition and morph the "Digitigrade armor for Khajiit" around the new feet/leg shape.

According to permissions "Do what ever you want with this file as long as it is for Skyrim," all is good.

No rush. I still have the male normal and female tail retopo to do.

22 minutes ago, NightroModzz said:

@Bad Dog

Is there any way you could Export an accurate position of the digi feet (with the legs too) that I'm positive was adjusted with the bone morphing from the original high poly? As I recall, it exports as plantigrade right? Or would the armor auto morph too the digi form too? I need it as a resource, and can also upload it at the Khajiit Overhaul Nexus page as a recourse for armor creation if accurate.

Bad Dog would have to be the one to reply to this, but AFAIK it should be possible to load the digi skeleton into Blender first and then import the feet to that current skeleton instead of using the one in the feet nif; the result would be a feet mesh that is in the final ingame digi position and can be exported as such for further editing. I guess that would come in handy if you want to fine-tune the look of the boots/shin guards when in digi position.

Still, no matter what stance they have been rigged with, the nifs are saved with the vanilla/plantigrade stance. Then they are obviously re-warped to the digi stance ingame, so I guess it doesn't matter if they look weird when in planti stance in the nif. But still, the idea would be to have meshes that work both in planti and in digi stance. So far I've been using YA with vanilla skeletons and the paws work well with anims; SL Footjob anims can be a bit off sometimes (though most of them do work and look great as pawjobs) and some poses that have characters on their toes sometimes look weird, but it's fine otherwise.

It would be great if any future footwear that you make for the digi feet still worked fine in planti as the current paws do, though I guess it may not be possible if you want the digi version to look as good as possible.

Again, better wait for BD to reply to be sure about it.

I've never been able to do this in a way I'm happy with. 

In theory, you import the vanilla skeleton, SOS/UNP body, and my paw feet. Parent the meshes to the skeleton and move the bones into the digi position. Everything should be fine.

In practice, I don't have a good way to get the skeleton into the right position. I can kinda sorta warp the pose so it looks mostly right, but I can't get the digi skeleton that I made in nifskope to import nicely in blender. Once I have it in, I have to put it back in vanilla pose before parenting the meshes, or else parent the meshes to the vanilla skeleton and use the digi skeleton as a guide to get the bones in the right position. It feels like it should be simple and it's not.

Good news tho is that I can now reliably make planti paws that stretch into digi position and behave pretty well. So there's that. 

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Are you able to convert the skeleton to a mesh, then export it as an OBJ in Nifscope? Then I can try morphing the plantigrade mesh around that mesh myself in Zbrush. The rest would be trial and error. If not, I guess I can try what Blaze69 suggested and just do it on the plantigrade mesh and somehow the armor would morph with the feet, but may look bad and become a wrinkled abnormaly stretched out mesh.

23 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Assuming by "cracks" you mean seams, the UNP preset should match just fine without bugs, so something else is wrong on your end.

Try rebuilding the body in Bodyslide and make sure you select UUNP - UNP as the preset, and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, check if you have any other mod replacing body meshes that may be conflicting with Bodyslide.

Thanks, the body that I used to use was "UN7B" and after I re-used the "UNP" preset to make a new body, it has returned to normal.

32 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Meshes and skeletons/armatures are two different beasts. I can kinda sorta import a skeleton but it comes in just about unusable--but it does show the position of the various bones. 

True, but I have accidentally imported bones before into Zbrush and was treated as a mesh. So long as the bone is exported as an OBJ or FBX with a mesh, the same thing should happen.

On 12/18/2017 at 3:25 PM, Bad Dog said:

Meshes and skeletons/armatures are two different beasts. I can kinda sorta import a skeleton but it comes in just about unusable--but it does show the position of the various bones. 

I think I recall managing to alter the base/default pose of a mesh once.

It was a ripped Garrus playermodel from ME2, and was rigged to the Skyrim skeleton while still kept in what I assume was the default ME2 pose for its character models, a real T pose (aka arms at 90º of the body unlike Skyrim's 45º or so). I wanted to delete the head and move the neck piece of the armor so it could be useable as an actual Skyrim armor instead of a full player model replacer, but when loading the nif into Outfit Studio it would appear in the base T-pose and completely ignore the bone weights, so it always broke and couldn't be saved (bones would be exported in the default Skyrim position but the mesh would remain in the T-pose; you can imagine what warped atrocity showed up when trying to load that edited nif ingame).

The only way to fix it was to save the bones in the nif in the default Skyrim position so that it wouldn't broke when loading into OS, but I didn't know how to do it. After a lot of wasted time and trial and error, I managed to get it done in 3DS Max by doing something like:

1. Load default Skyrim skeleton with some specific settings I can't remember in the Nif Import options.
  2. Load the character model nif with some other specific settings in the Import options (only thing I can remember about those is that the "Import Skeleton" option had to be off so that it would load it into the current skeleton from point 1).
  3. ??? (not sure if I had to do something else before exporting).
  4. Export the whole nif with yet some more specific settings in the Nif Export options.

The mesh was eventually exported in the default Skyrim position and I could finally load it into OS without breaking it, but unfortunately I didn't write down the specifics of the process, and the next time I tried to do the same with another ripped model, I simply couldn't find the right way and gave up on it. Plus I don't have Max anymore.

I guess if you got ahold of Max you could give it a try (unlike Blender, Max does have an up-to-date official Nif plugin provided by Bethesda, so it may come in handy for other nif shenanigans), but unless you can somehow get access to a (free) Student license or get it the not-really-legit way, you would have to drop a lot of money on a license. Pretty sure $1k-2k or so, though I could be wrong.

EDIT: for reference, here are pics of the original and edited nifs:

Spoiler

Original:

Edited:

As you can see, the wrong bone positions from the T-pose were replaced with the right ones from Skyrim's default pose, so in theory it would be possible to do the same I did here but loading the digi skeleton first so that the feet meshes are exported in the digi position.

Lemme say this back. So you imported the skeleton, then imported the character model but did not import the bones from the nif--instead you parented the character to the skeleton you had already loaded. And that warped the model to the position of the skeleton. Right? 

If so, cool, and I can see it ought to work. I've only been able to import a nif with the bones in the nif file, which make a partial skeleton. Then I unparent from them and reparent to the skeleton I actually want to use. Actually that should work too--the reparenting warps the mesh to the skeleton position. But the only way I've been able to export successfully is to unparent the mesh and then reparent to a skeleton I import from a mesh in a nif file, and of course those all use the default position. 

This stuff makes my brain hurt.

13 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Lemme say this back. So you imported the skeleton, then imported the character model but did not import the bones from the nif--instead you parented the character to the skeleton you had already loaded. And that warped the model to the position of the skeleton. Right? 

Yeah, AFAIK that's pretty much it. I know it can be done, at least in Max because I did it myself (but I can't remember how to do it). Not sure if it's possible in Blender, though.

Could I suggest a pass on the genital models? Right now they hang a bit too low... This is especially evident on the erect models which have the shaft appropriately positioned, but the scrotum still out of alignment, so it looks very stretched as a result.

adjustment.thumb.png.021e249199de946a8c6bcf4bde7ef644.png

I have to agree, the fur balls don't have the greatest position. And while we're pounding at Bad Dog's nuts; no offence, I have a bone to pick with you about your hand textures which has been on my mind for a very long time.

Why is there fur where the joints bend inwards on the fingers? Usually on a body, there is no hair where there are inward joints or less fur for animals. One would imagine an uncomfortable bulge when closing the fingers. The fur placement on the underside of the fingers should be reversed.

Long time no see Boo. Thought you've gone ghost. i never see you post. You really should consider using a Mario world ghost as your avatar.

@nitro: Cuz that's how they look in furry art. Also dogs have hair between their toes.

@boo: Sorta agree, tho I think the current low hangers are fine slapping around when in action but less good when sheathed. Animals tend to keep their balls tucked up against their bodies and that tight look is kinda cute. Jouncing around when running across Skyrim looks downright uncomfortable.

UNRELATED: I'm hassling with furrifying the Kaidan follower mod, just because I want to play with him, and the facegen is driving me crazy. I cannot get his head to facegen right--the body gets its assigned color but it doesn't carry on to the face. (He's got a boethiah tattoo that does show up.) Can people suggest reasons why facegen might not work? I've confirmed the nif and dds files are created. I swapped hair and saw the hair show up in the nif, and changing skin color changes the dds. I've confirmed that the right nif and dds are being selected through MO. I've made YA and Kaiden mod ESMs and facegenned that way, so that my patch is only depending on ESMs. I've tried the setnpcweight trick and that worked (temporarily) in one save but not in another. Anything else people can think to try?

43 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

UNRELATED: I'm hassling with furrifying the Kaidan follower mod, just because I want to play with him, and the facegen is driving me crazy. I cannot get his head to facegen right--the body gets its assigned color but it doesn't carry on to the face. (He's got a boethiah tattoo that does show up.) Can people suggest reasons why facegen might not work? I've confirmed the nif and dds files are created. I swapped hair and saw the hair show up in the nif, and changing skin color changes the dds. I've confirmed that the right nif and dds are being selected through MO. I've made YA and Kaiden mod ESMs and facegenned that way, so that my patch is only depending on ESMs. I've tried the setnpcweight trick and that worked (temporarily) in one save but not in another. Anything else people can think to try?

Maybe something to do with the tint data not matching or something like that? Try giving him a custom skin tone by selecting the "custom" option and selecting the color in the palette/RGB fields (even if you just copy the RGB value of one of the race presets) to make sure the game stores the same tint it uses when FaceGen-ing.

Otherwise, check if the SkinTone file is the proper path and the CK doesn't complain about it being the wrong size and manually paint the FaceGen texture with the right color in GIMP if it still comes out wrong. Oh, also check the FaceGen nif in NifSkope and see if it has any weird settings/values when compared with any other FG nif that does work fine.

Yup, set the skin tint in CK so it could do head and body. Used a custom color. dds file is in the right path, with the right tone and the boethiah tattoo. It's generated by CK so it's the right size. A quick look at the nif seemed good. I'll check it more closely.

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

@nitro: Also dogs have hair between their toes.

Well to be fair, I'm just talking about the distal joint crease. Minus this and the pad locations, the rest should be free fur space. I have a dog and a cat which both do have fur there, but less of. Also, animals do usually lack distal joint creases as well. If anything, this would give them more fur on their palms or toes for example than your current texture. Pads on both the finger tips and my model example of palms would be good enough for gripping.

See the source image

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Got it. CK was loading Kaidan and YA in the wrong order, they both edit the redguard race, and facegen doesn't work if the race isn't right. Fixing CK's load order with LOOT's "redate" function fixed it.

Searched through the comments, turns out the race edit was there simply to add his custom face texture to the race. Facepalm. Someone tell the author you can give him the head texture manually with TES5 Edit or simply remove the race edit after you've created the NPC and assigned that texture.

Worst of all, the author knows, yet it seems like nothing has been done about it judging by the fact that you mention the dirty edit still being there. SMH. I swear, some people...