WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

10 hours ago, Turlaxe said:

many posts say that isn't working/needs update?

I would estimate that 95% or more of all issues reported here are not caused by Wicked Whims.  Players don't know how to mod their game properly.  Many players have outdated mods which break the game.  There are also players trying to get the mod to work on pirated copies of the game.  This is against LL rules and isn't supported.

Then there are the WW addon type mods which cause massive issues for inexperienced players who don't understand version matching.  Basemental Drugs, Nisa's Wicked Perversions, WW Kinky, and WW Pets fit into this category.  When a new version of WW is released, they rush to install it and don't realize that it breaks all the WW addon type mods.  These mods are built to work with a specific version of WW.  They need to wait until the authors update their WW addon mods to support the new version of WW.  The forums get literally flooded by these players reporting issues because of THEIR OWN FAULT.  Many of these players also don't bother to read previous posts.  They want their problem addressed now and can't be bothered to do ANY research.

I personally don't recommend that new players to the game use the WW addon type mods.  If you are an intermediate to advanced player then have at it.  If you don't have any troubleshooting skills then stay the hell away from them!

The Sims 4 game is very sensitive to version changes.  A lot of mods get broken or invalidated with each update from EA / Origin.  This is especially true for gameplay type mods.  Most CAS type mods don't require frequent updates.

I spend a lot of time organizing and maintaining my Sims 4 mod folder.  I keep it very organized with lots of descriptive folders.  I have bookmarks in my web browser to all my gameplay mods so that I can check them frequently for updates.  Maintaining your Sims 4 mods needs to become a hobby if you want to be successful and have a trouble free game long term.  The "install it and forget it" approach does NOT work well with this game!

On 9/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, SkyBarbie said:

Read and follow my earlier post.  Basically keep removing mods and retest your game until the problem goes away.  Narrow it down to the offending mod/s.  It can be time consuming but it works every time.

After a whole lot of deleting and launching I narrowed it down to one of these 4, I don't use them a whole lot so didn't bother narrowing it down any further. But if anyone else is running into the problem of being stuck in the pink bra after updating everything I would say start by looking at these. 

1. REDHEADSIMS_S4Presets_ChubbyV2
  2. EVOL_EVOLVED-ExpandedPhysiqueRange_x3
  3. [fixed]LUUMIA_DR_BODEII_Lean
  4. [fixed]LUUMIA_DR_TIT-E_Medium
1 hour ago, SkyBarbie said:

Maintaining your Sims 4 mods needs to become a hobby if you want to be successful and have a trouble free game long term.  The "install it and forget it" approach does NOT work well with this game!

Some major modders have yet to update for 1.55, as S4S only updated itself for the new pack yesterday. So I'm still sitting on 1.54 and enjoying the heck out of it.

Except for the part where my sim's new wife died of laughter the day after they got married. The day after Xmas. His birthday. So he had Good Holiday, New Baby, Just Married, Birthday, and... Widower moodlets all at once

anyone else getting the problem where they cant make sims have threesomes, i choose the option ask to join, on all sims and get the notification "(sims name) has refused your offer to join" i tried everything always accept is active aswell along with options that have no relation such as teens, incest, age romance literally nothing helps im trying options that have nothing to do with threesomes xD

my current wicked whims is the 5th of September update  with all my other mods up to date and checked any help would be great as i literally have no options left or i may be missing some new feature or something 

I still have old animations by OLL and Redabyss and they still work.

I haven't seen Princess Gross before - the old versions of no lashes and tongue mods usually cause the faceless sim problem.

The EVOL_ELVOLVED mod is a very old mod and maybe out of date.

6 minutes ago, NexusVetX94 said:

anyone else getting the problem where they cant make sims have threesomes, i choose the option ask to join, on all sims and get the notification "(sims name) has refused your offer to join" i tried everything always accept is active aswell along with options that have no relation such as teens, incest, age romance literally nothing helps im trying options that have nothing to do with threesomes xD

my current wicked whims is the 5th of September update  with all my other mods up to date and checked any help would be great as i literally have no options left or i may be missing some new feature or something 

I've had that before when a sim is about to leave the lot, they won't join in.

14 minutes ago, NexusVetX94 said:

Sims 4 version?

Legal copy or pirated?

If you are using any of the following mods try uninstalling them and retest:  Basemental Drugs, Nisa's Wicked Perversions, WW Kinky, WW Pets, and CNWW (outdated and no longer supported by author).

18 minutes ago, Julie J said:

I still have old animations by OLL and Redabyss and they still work.

I haven't seen Princess Gross before - the old versions of no lashes and tongue mods usually cause the faceless sim problem.

The EVOL_ELVOLVED mod is a very old mod and maybe out of date.

I still have Animations by Golden88 and they still work.

1 hour ago, NexusVetX94 said:

Do you have WWKinky installed?

I had the same issue and removing WWkinky and WWPets and everything started working again.   

I was having problems with the new expansion and WW - but WW was not the issue. I did a new save file started my mod folder over from scratch. Using just cosmetic mods, a few anim mods and WW, along with Porkybork World - I started a new game and WW works without issue. I will add stuff back in here and there. But clearly some other mod that I was using was the actual issue.

6 hours ago, EsperMagicite said:

Ahh yeah! I noticed some of my mermaids have had hollow faces. But.. Why was her name Princess Gross? and she doesnt appear in my neighbor hoods? In active family or inactive family. She also stands there for a few minuets then vanishes.

if no other sims have this problem,  like no head and weird face or eyes, and inst a wizard , will be a damaged cc, I had same problem in some sims a few time ago , it was cc taged with occults  id that were damaged.  solution batch fix  with  TS4 Studio or remove it. problem might be find it.

On 9/10/2019 at 1:59 AM, SkyBarbie said:

Sims 4 version?

WW version?

Legal copy or pirated?

Are you using a resource.cfg file in your mods folder?

Do you have script mods enabled in your Sims 4 options?

its sims 4, ww version, legal, the resource.cfg is in the mods folder and i enabled script mods after the sims 4 updated. I don't know why it causes an error when i move the ww folder/ mod into the mods folder but doesnt when i remove it. I've searched up every solution and i followed the steps so i dont know whether its a bug or not.

6 minutes ago, angle_s said:

its sims 4, ww version, legal, the resource.cfg is in the mods folder and i enabled script mods after the sims 4 updated. I don't know why it causes an error when i move the ww folder/ mod into the mods folder but doesnt when i remove it. I've searched up every solution and i followed the steps so i dont know whether its a bug or not.

You never said what version of WW are you running. Current version is 145d here=https://wickedwhimsmod.com/help#/download/

Sims 4 version mean's what version of the game are you running.

To find out what version you have look at this screenshot here=

Screenshot (60).png

6 hours ago, SkyBarbie said:

Sims 4 version?

Legal copy or pirated?

If you are using any of the following mods try uninstalling them and retest:  Basemental Drugs, Nisa's Wicked Perversions, WW Kinky, WW Pets, and CNWW (outdated and no longer supported by author).

its odd i have the legal copy and all DLC, i have the latest ww kinky and pets , removed CNWW the other day when i noticed the mods page was missing as for basemental drugs i never tried that mod and i have tried nisa's mod but currently not installed the past few months , 

to give an exact idea of what is happening ,

i have two female teen sims and a adult male sim i can make 2 of the three play animations but when i use the option "ask to join" a notification appears and states "(name here) has refused your proposition to join in" and when i select with the character not involved in the current 2 person animation i only get the options settings, stop that and another misc option i cant remember right now 

i do indeed have a resource.cfg file but does that generate itself?

1 hour ago, NexusVetX94 said:

its odd i have the legal copy and all DLC, i have the latest ww kinky and pets , removed CNWW the other day when i noticed the mods page was missing as for basemental drugs i never tried that mod and i have tried nisa's mod but currently not installed the past few months , 

to give an exact idea of what is happening ,

i have two female teen sims and a adult male sim i can make 2 of the three play animations but when i use the option "ask to join" a notification appears and states "(name here) has refused your proposition to join in" and when i select with the character not involved in the current 2 person animation i only get the options settings, stop that and another misc option i cant remember right now 

i do indeed have a resource.cfg file but does that generate itself?

I'm seeing the same thing :(

And for the life of me I can't remember if it started after the recent update or after installing the magic pack.

EDIT: And, just as suggested in earlier posts, it was either WW Kinky or WW Pets causing the issue

12 hours ago, alienfaction said:

I'm seeing the same thing :(

And for the life of me I can't remember if it started after the recent update or after installing the magic pack.

EDIT: And, just as suggested in earlier posts, it was either WW Kinky or WW Pets causing the issue

oh after seeing the earlier post i removed wwkinky and wwpets and when i started the game back up the option where even more narrowed only allowing me to make the same 2 people play animations and no other sim in the game (hope i worded that right lol)  i also deleted the the thumbcache file after removing both mods is there something i am missing? im using the same mod set up 2 years now and never seen an issue like this so fairly new to solving it lol

2 hours ago, NexusVetX94 said:

oh after seeing the earlier post i removed wwkinky and wwpets and when i started the game back up the option where even more narrowed only allowing me to make the same 2 people play animations and no other sim in the game (hope i worded that right lol)  i also deleted the the thumbcache file after removing both mods is there something i am missing? im using the same mod set up 2 years now and never seen an issue like this so fairly new to solving it lol

Make sure all of your mods are updated.  Make sure that you don't have any WW Kinky, WW Pets, or CNWW files still in your mods folder.  Remove mods from your mods folder and retest until the problem goes away.  Then slowly move them back in until you identify the culprit/s.