WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

So what makes any particular sim more likely than another to autonomously jump into another couple's sex animation? Reward traits are consistent among the household. The sim in question has Jealous and Music Lover as his traits. So nothing outwardly obvious. But whenever others in the house start having sex, he immediately jumps in as well. Constantly.

OTOH, if he's in the initial animation, other household members are not anywhere near as likely to join in.

Still running 1.54, BTW. Waiting for the last of the mod updates to shake themselves out before I finally pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

So what makes any particular sim more likely than another to autonomously jump into another couple's sex animation? Reward traits are consistent among the household. The sim in question has Jealous and Music Lover as his traits. So nothing outwardly obvious. But whenever others in the house start having sex, he immediately jumps in as well. Constantly.

OTOH, if he's in the initial animation, other household members are not anywhere near as likely to join in.

Still running 1.54, BTW. Waiting for the last of the mod updates to shake themselves out before I finally pull the trigger.

I don't have a good answer for you but from my experience you should set joining distance to a low number (4 - 6).  The default value is way too high.

20 minutes ago, SkyBarbie said:

I don't have a good answer for you but from my experience you should set joining distance to a low number (4 - 6).  The default value is way too high.

The default distance works for me as it helps corral club meeting orgy participants. It's that occasional "who invited YOU?" outlier I need to figure out.

21 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

People probably wouldn't be pirating games of the corporate "entities" that made said games as much if said "entities" were actually taking the time to develop something that people actually want to spend money on. Is piracy part of the problem? Yeah, but and even bigger part of the problem is corporate greed and the sudden desire to put the interests of investors over the interests of the product consumer base. A lot of these "entities" have become micro transaction/loot box pushing con artists over the years because they have found that to be a more cost effective business model and I'm talking shameless manipulative tactics and all. Just to be clear the Sims 4 with everything will run you well over $400.00 and their are no bundles that I'm aware of.

Do not feel bad for these lazy and frankly greedy corporations. I certainly don't.

/rant

There's a 'starter bundle' - base game + EP of your choice for 55$/€ (Instead of 2x 40, I believe) and EP+GP+SP bundle for 50$/€ (instead of 70) + sales several times through the year (black friday, xmass/NY, and summer being the most obvious) that are usually 50% off EP/GP and 25-40% off a SP.

Hell, since the last patch, there's something like "expand your collection with a bundle" right in the main menu of the game + it's in Origin as well. It has some issues, though, such as needing to manually clear Origin's cache to force a refresh when a pack is released (otherwise it won't show as eligible for a bundle).

EA are one of the worst gougers in the industry, everyone knows it, they have a monopoly on this type of sim for no reason other than it would appear nobody else wants to deliver on a real competitor.  Their pricing and tactics are at best shady and at worst literally illegal in some cases depending on your region.

I pay for my stuff, always have but at the same time its people like me letting them get away with their horrific practices by being weak and accepting them as I have no legal choice other than to go and read a book instead...

Can I suggest, if this is something people wish to talk about, someone creates a thread for it specifically in off topic or, wherever something like this belongs presuming simply discussing, not the legal implications, but more the moral implications from both sides of that fence is ok with forum policy.  

Put simply, as people have said, this topic is very specifically for Wicked Whims support, while fair enough people are obviously passionate about the topic, its simply unfair to Turbodriver, (idk if they are a team or an individual etc) to derail their mods topic so thoroughly. 

No harm, no foul, ✌️

1 hour ago, Downloader said:

EA are one of the worst gougers in the industry, everyone knows it, they have a monopoly on this type of sim for no reason other than it would appear nobody else wants to deliver on a real competitor.  Their pricing and tactics are at best shady and at worst literally illegal in some cases depending on your region.

I pay for my stuff, always have but at the same time its people like me letting them get away with their horrific practices by being weak and accepting them as I have no legal choice other than to go and read a book instead...

Can I suggest, if this is something people wish to talk about, someone creates a thread for it specifically in off topic or, wherever something like this belongs presuming simply discussing, not the legal implications, but more the moral implications from both sides of that fence is ok with forum policy.  

Put simply, as people have said, this topic is very specifically for Wicked Whims support, while fair enough people are obviously passionate about the topic, its simply unfair to Turbodriver, (idk if they are a team or an individual etc) to derail their mods topic so thoroughly. 

No harm, no foul, ✌️

A thread about discussing opinions? On the internet?

Very bad idea. It would very quickly devolve into an insult war because opinions don't matter to people on the web. 

3 hours ago, TomasGrizzly said:

There's a 'starter bundle' - base game + EP of your choice for 55$/€ (Instead of 2x 40, I believe) and EP+GP+SP bundle for 50$/€ (instead of 70) + sales several times through the year (black friday, xmass/NY, and summer being the most obvious) that are usually 50% off EP/GP and 25-40% off a SP.

Hell, since the last patch, there's something like "expand your collection with a bundle" right in the main menu of the game + it's in Origin as well. It has some issues, though, such as needing to manually clear Origin's cache to force a refresh when a pack is released (otherwise it won't show as eligible for a bundle).

My Google Fu is very shitty (or maybe EA is paying them to suppress such deals(?) *tinfoil intensifies*). Anyway a link (or plural) would be appreciated.. unless you're saying the only way to get it is through Origin?

47 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

My Google Fu is very shitty (or maybe EA is paying them to suppress such deals(?) *tinfoil intensifies*). Anyway a link (or plural) would be appreciated.. unless you're saying the only way to get it is through Origin?

The "Build a Bundle" option is under the Sims 4 section on Origin. 

On 9/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, SkyBarbie said:

Read and follow my earlier post.  Basically keep removing mods and retest your game until the problem goes away.  Narrow it down to the offending mod/s.  It can be time consuming but it works every time.

Thank you so much for your response! I'm going to do it tomorrow. Weir how much work someone will go to to take a pixel bra off for fashion. haha 

8 minutes ago, Turlaxe said:

many posts say that isn't working/needs update?

This wont help but, its been working fine for me, the only one I have right now that's a real mess is Basemental Drugs. 

If in doubt grab it, don't overwrite your saves, make new saves then if something does go wrong you can revert the mod and your save to before you started. 

~edit Not saying people are wrong or anything, I'm well aware what works for one may not work for others. 

On 8/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, Risi said:

IMG_20190828_152203434.thumb.jpg.20137e692b075fced0888a55c5e6ea64.jpgHi Turbo..first off ur amazing! Love this mod, one of my faves out of all the sims 2 3 and 4 mods. One question though, maybe others are having this problem to ..but, when my find talk about personality things usually their is a symbol above their heads representing their Personality traits as the convo goes up ....I'm not seeing this anymore...only lamas above their heads ? also in my Sims trait panel I noticed the lamas as well...I took a pic of my trait panel... but it's the same symbol i get when my Sims with their particular traits, either innocent or the lover personality are talking ...I thought maybe a conflicting mod but took all mods out and it's still doing it, and yes I'm updated with ur mod. 

Cheers and TIA....

I know ur a mega busy person. 

IMG_20190828_142636853.jpg

Still haven't heard back about this problem ? some information would be appreciated ?

43 minutes ago, EsperMagicite said:

So what is up with these new sims appearing? her name is Princess Gross O.o? if I cam around the heard face she has no face and just floating teeth.

7a876723b4b90e06b3f2269d9b9c22d6.png

maybe you have installed tongue head replacement. that comes with tags id, may  new occult life state code  that comes with magic realm pack cause this, guess mods needs to be updated again. it happened somenthing  with mermaids heads.