2 hours ago, PraedythXVI said:

Well i hope they do, that feature would be nice + the script fix for smp bodies doesn't work on his version, main reason being he renamed the scripts so they don't have the same name as the ones here..

hold up, isn't SMP only for SE version? Does this mod works on SE as well?

if I understood coding more, (as for right now, I can read the code and mostly understand the actions but cannot replicate the code,) or overall, if I knew how to make a mod, or even modify it. (also kinda lazy from time to time, which is a no-go for a developer of any type of living mod XD)

I might look into in myself, if I manage to find out how the ability of locking works on devious devices, or whichever mod really enables the menu with all the options (manipulate lock / lock)...

P.S.: NOT promising anything, don't expect any miracle, will just take a day or two and go through the mods, that I believe, could affect the actions provided above :)

For anyone interested in trying it out, I was able to update the morph script from Monoman1's Amputator Tweaked v1.3 version so that instead of setting nodes to 0, it would set them to 0.1.  It required having the Racemenu modder's package with the NiOverride source scripts in order to get it to compile (for anyone wanting to try it themselves).  The attached zip file contains a Scripts folder with the updated _AMP_Morph.pex file and also a Scripts/Source folder for the _AMP_Morph.psc source file.  Note, you need to have Monoman1's Amputator Tweaked v1.3 installed; as this is just the updated morph script.  Make sure to create backups of the original script files if you plan on installing this as a direct replacement (overwriting), just in case you need to revert back to the originals; or if using MO2, just install it as a separate mod and place it lower in the left pane so it will overwrite the originals.

I did several quick tests in game (SSE) and used the amputator framework's hotkey to try out all the amputation options in game.  No disappearing upper bodies, etc.  I am using the CBBE 3BBB mod from Nexus.  I also toggled between the SMP and CBPC modes without issue; it was still working.  Both with and without clothes/armor.

Now, because the nodes are set to 0.1 instead of 0, if you look closely you can see a very tiny shape at the base of the amputated limb which is simply the node in question at scale 0.1.

I haven't tried wearing any prosthetics to see how they might cover up those tiny 'nubs'; but given the alternative (disappearing upper body), I think I personally can live with this.

I am not sure if any smaller (yet still not 0) values can be used to make those shapes even less visible; I may try values of 0.05 just to see if that is even possible/works, but it may be that 0.1 is the smallest value we can work with.

Amputator Tweaked v1.3 Morph Script Fix to work with SMP in SSE.7z

On 4/13/2020 at 1:45 PM, DevilDoom said:

dang...

Monoman1 just replied me and, unless he misunderstood what I was asking for, he said he cannot achieve that, sadly.

Back to square one, I guess...

Talked to Monoman1 once more, just to get confirmation about the possibility of locks on prosthetics. Seems like it's gonna be possible, he just isn't prepared to do so as he says there isn't a reason to do so on the mod of the current state. Meaning, the animations of missing limbs are junky and the prosthetics at some point are really in odd position that "makes him puke a little", every time he sees it :D

Was worth a shot, now that I know for sure it could be done, I might think about investing a bit more time into it.

(but first I'll take a second peek to what he meant with oddly placed prosthetics :P )

4 hours ago, DevilDoom said:

Talked to Monoman1 once more, just to get confirmation about the possibility of locks on prosthetics. Seems like it's gonna be possible, he just isn't prepared to do so as he says there isn't a reason to do so on the mod of the current state. Meaning, the animations of missing limbs are junky and the prosthetics at some point are really in odd position that "makes him puke a little", every time he sees it :D

Was worth a shot, now that I know for sure it could be done, I might think about investing a bit more time into it.

(but first I'll take a second peek to what he meant with oddly placed prosthetics :P )

Strange, never had any issues with the prosthetics but hopefully you'll be able to do something with the locks :) 

A quick update to say that I tried out an update to the Morph script to set the node to 0.05 instead of 0.1.  Tried it out in game, no issues and the 'nubs' were even smaller and not as noticeable.  I have attached the updated .pex and .psc script files with the adjustment, for anyone willing to try for themselves.  Remember, these are for the Amputator Tweaked v1.3 version that Monoman1 released.

I am going to make one more attempt - set the node to 0.01 and see what that does.

Amputator Tweaked v1.3 Morph Script Fix to work with SMP in SSE (set node to 0.05).7z

One last update from me.  Tried out setting the node to 0.01 and the results were even better; getting really close to where the 'nubs' should be and I couldn't see them.  With 0.1 you could see the nubs from a short distance away and when you got close enough you could make out their shapes (the hand at 0.1 looked like a hand at that small scale).  With 0.05, if you looked really closely you could see a slight 'nub' and close up it had a shape but wasn't big enough to distinguish what it had been.  But with 0.01, even up close I couldn't spot the 'nubs'.

Feel free to try out this version and see for yourself.  I am definitely going to stick with the 0.01 version myself.  Remember though, this is a replacement for the morph script from Monoman1's Amputator Tweaked v1.3, and is meant to address the issue in SSE where the physics part of the SMP/3BBB bodies would disappear when amputated.

Amputator Tweaked v1.3 Morph Script Fix to work with SMP in SSE (set node to 0.01).7z

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 5:33 AM, DonTheDime said:

One last update from me.  Tried out setting the node to 0.01 and the results were even better; getting really close to where the 'nubs' should be and I couldn't see them.  With 0.1 you could see the nubs from a short distance away and when you got close enough you could make out their shapes (the hand at 0.1 looked like a hand at that small scale).  With 0.05, if you looked really closely you could see a slight 'nub' and close up it had a shape but wasn't big enough to distinguish what it had been.  But with 0.01, even up close I couldn't spot the 'nubs'.

Feel free to try out this version and see for yourself.  I am definitely going to stick with the 0.01 version myself.  Remember though, this is a replacement for the morph script from Monoman1's Amputator Tweaked v1.3, and is meant to address the issue in SSE where the physics part of the SMP/3BBB bodies would disappear when amputated.

Amputator Tweaked v1.3 Morph Script Fix to work with SMP in SSE (set node to 0.01).7z 2.79 kB · 51 downloads

Worked perfectly fine for me, thank you very much. 
For those who want to install this for Skyrim Special Edition (SSE): 
Install Monoman´s Amputator Framework tweak

Convert it to SE version using Cathedral: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316

Then install DonTheDime´s extra tweak, and it should be running fine for you now. 

Just to clear up about the prosthetics. The reason I won't do more with them is that I don't think it can be done well. Not using the current system of node shrinking because:

To amputate a leg the bone is shrunk to zero. This stops the rest of the leg being rendered and looks appropriately like a stump. When you equip a prosthetic, what bone is it attached to? Well it can't be attached to the bone it really SHOULD be attached to because that bone is shrunk to zero so if the prosthetic was attached to it then it would also be invisible. So that's no good. So the prosthetic is actually attached to the previous bone in the skeleton. which allows it to render just fine BUT the problem is that it animates just like the bone it's attached to. 

So take the lower leg prosthetic (the peg leg) that supports the body from just below the knee down. The peg leg is actually attached to the thigh bone and so it animates like a thigh bone would. When a character runs the thigh sticks out a 90 degrees to the body just the same way people run in real life when running at speed BUT so too does the peg leg. It doesn't bend it just sticks straight out like an extension of the upper leg making the whole thing look really rigid, awkward looking and annoying to look at after some time. 

So that's it in a nutshell and I can't think of any way around it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MOD IDEA:

Sadly I lack the knowledge to do this right now, but I think this framework is like the best way to resurrect "Deadly Mutilation" the whole difficulty with how deadly mutilations works right now is that it has to have equipment parts that resemble the armor the player/npc is wearing so if the player/npc was wearing Steel armor when he/she died and was mutilated, DM has to search for the right armor and equip the parts to the actor, it always end up being complicated and buggy, sometimes it doesn't show up and it has to be for the right body , Vanilla or CBBE, so with this Framework DM would just call for amputation of the body part and just equip and object that resemble gore on the specific part, if an arm is mutilated, literally would only be needed the gore part at the end of the arm to be equipped,so it will maintain the body intact, or armor set, so it would be universal and would match any body the player is using, it would only need small modular gore attachments  , resulting in less complexity and better performance, also could just spawn the arm as an object, so it would actually seem cut off. 

There's already a fix on the nexus forums to make DM work , but it still is buggy as hell.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:39 AM, Monoman1 said:

Just to clear up about the prosthetics. The reason I won't do more with them is that I don't think it can be done well. Not using the current system of node shrinking because:

To amputate a leg the bone is shrunk to zero. This stops the rest of the leg being rendered and looks appropriately like a stump. When you equip a prosthetic, what bone is it attached to? Well it can't be attached to the bone it really SHOULD be attached to because that bone is shrunk to zero so if the prosthetic was attached to it then it would also be invisible. So that's no good. So the prosthetic is actually attached to the previous bone in the skeleton. which allows it to render just fine BUT the problem is that it animates just like the bone it's attached to. 

So take the lower leg prosthetic (the peg leg) that supports the body from just below the knee down. The peg leg is actually attached to the thigh bone and so it animates like a thigh bone would. When a character runs the thigh sticks out a 90 degrees to the body just the same way people run in real life when running at speed BUT so too does the peg leg. It doesn't bend it just sticks straight out like an extension of the upper leg making the whole thing look really rigid, awkward looking and annoying to look at after some time. 

So that's it in a nutshell and I can't think of any way around it. 

I'm no modder so you're welcome to put as much salt on my idea as you like... but I will give it anyway.

What if you used the framework as a framework? Rather then make a Prosthetic to be equipped on a PC with an amputated body, make the framework react to certain pieces of clothing so that it reverts the player to a non amputee when equipped and then back to an amputee when unequipped? Swap parts of the body mesh with machines such as this mod so the animations also line up right.

Use code to do black magic. The framework seems fast enough to do it without being not immersive enough and this will make the animations swap alongside the amputation.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2016 at 6:29 PM, Hæretic said:

View File

Amputator Framework

This is a framework mod that tries to cover everything related to the removement of bodyparts. It can be used without other mods but is designed so other mods can use it easily.
I used Node scaling to remove the bodyparts by scaling them to zero, this has several advantages.
It is compatible with all bodytypes and clothes, it's easy to manage , and it can be easily done for all scaleable bodyparts on both sides seperatly.
The downside is, the end where the node is scaled to zero looks a bit weird on some bodyparts. This can be covered up with slavetats, the included prosthetics or normal clothes.

Currently it is in beta state and some features are missing or are getting improved, so please feel free to share problems you encountered or make suggestions.

How does it work

For Users

Reveal hidden contents

Press the Editor Key (Default F1) while facing the actor you want to edit. Alternatively press the Editor Key while facing no actor to edit the player.
Choose which bodyparts you want to remove and which side.
To use the included Items add them via console or use this mod: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/64905/?

For Modders

Reveal hidden contents

Add the Amputator script as a property to you script like this:
AmputatorMainScript Property AMS Auto

Call this Function to edit an actor:
AMS.ApplyAmputator(Actor akActor, int morphType ,int bothLeftRight)

morphType determines which bodypart to remove, the codes are:
0 = Heal all Amputations
1 = Feet
2 = Lower Legs
3 = Upper Legs
4 = Hands
5 = Forearms
6 = UpperArms

bothLeftRight determines which side to remove
0 = Both sides
1 = Left
2 = Right

Currently Included

Options are included to slow the actors down, use new animations , disable player controls and adjust jumping height.
You can use the editor menu to remove actors and see which actors are affected.

3 alternate animation sets for 3 different circumstances are included.
When the actor has no lower legs it moves on all fours using the existing animationset from DarkAngel1265
When the actor has no lower legs and forearms it uses a new animation set done by Zaz. (not completely finished)
When the actor has no limbs it currently uses the first animationset as a placeholder. I am hoping to get a new movement animation set for this circumstance too but this might take some time.

There are also a couple of prosthetics included most of them use textures from the Zaz Animation Pack and come in 2 variants (MetalRedRust & MetalBlackRust)
I am planning to add more over time.

Requirements

Zaz AnimationPack and all its requirements.

Racemenu or NIOverride

(IMPORTANT !!!)
To use all of the included alternate animations you have to use the new fnis v6.3 xxl version. Fore included the npc_turn animations in this version, if you use another version the npc will stand up while turning. The mod will work without it but it is recommended to use it.

Credits

Zaz for making the new animation set and beeing so helpfull.
Fore for making the new fnis version.
DarkAngel1265 for the crawling on all fours animationset, and Cocein for making a version with fixed camera height.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/30/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Zaz Animation Pack , Racemenu or NIOverride
  • Special Edition Compatible

Is this special edition compatible?