[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

Drow are on the way. Just taking me a bit longer with everything else at the moment. blush.gif

More pertinent for the elves, I've settled on a design for the elf habitat. I'll be getting that finished in between the Drow ships for the time being. cool.gif

For some reason, the mod doesn't work for me. The mod does show up in the mod list on the launcher but none of the features are available to me.

I have Planet Diversity mod, does it conflict ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yep same here but I have a bunch of mods and planetary diversity.

That's quite weird. Even if there are conflicts, elven portraits and prescripted countries should still be visible (Planetary Diversity does not modify those).

Well, I've ran the game with Elves and Planetary Diversity together just now and everything seems okay (though elven planets may be broken, I haven't tested that). It means that you guys have something more serious going on. Really, I cannot even imagine what kind of a conflict could kill elven portraits and empires.

Maybe try disabling every mod, deleting Stellaris settings.txt (should be here: "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris"), then reactivating everything again.

Yeah, what Porev said. angel.gif

I've also got a further report that it works fine from another person. (That mod adds a TON of planets!) And really there's no reason why they would conflict. I don't modify vanilla files in any way.

I don't usually comment on mods, but OMG, this one is amazing! The ships are incredibly well done, and work great with New Ship Classes. I also really appreciate the complexity in clothing, both in the number of styles available, and in clothing "behavior" for different citizen classes. I tried this mod out shortly after Stellaris was released, and came to update it now that I am playing again. You've done an incredible job here, and I just wanted to say thanks.

Oh right I should make an announcement here. Yes, that's me. (TheGrandNessa!) And no, I'm not getting rid of the LL patch. blush.gif

• The Ships Patch on the workshop is the same as the one here. Use whichever is more convenient.
  • The LL patch works both with this version OR the one on the Workshop.

Note however, there does seem to be a load time hit using workshop mods. So anybody concerned about load times may wish to use the manual mod method. angel.gif

I just notice that this mod is uploaded to steam workshop, good job!

But I would like to ask what is the difference if I download the mod from here?

:shy:

No difference according to Nessa. But only here you'll get the NSFW patch.

Best regards

Kalderon (who disdains steam workshop with a passion, so hopefully the core will stay here as well)

Best regards

Kalderon (who disdains steam workshop with a passion, so hopefully the core will stay here as well)

Oh don't worry, I hate the workshop too. (I mean, the comments alone! HAHA!) There will always be a version here. angel.gif

Best regards

Oh don't worry, I hate the workshop too. (I mean, the comments alone! HAHA!) There will always be a version here. angel.gif

I've expected it, but good to know that you are thinking like me... now get back to finishing the drow. ;)

Best regards

Kalderon

UPDATE!!!

• The big news is that you'll need to pop over to Moddb to grab the current update. If anybody has issues with the download there, let me know and I'll add in another mirror. (The last update took all day with 6 some failurs. After failure 2 today, I decided to just link to the mirror.)
  • The icon issue only affected Steam Workshop users. (No idea if my idea fixed it.)
  • Guys now get specialized slave gear just like girls.
  • The rest are bug fixes and the like. laugh.png

I've noticed something curious. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with your mod in particular, but I thought I'd mention it all the same. The game seems to favor phenotypes 1 and 2 for males and type 1-4 for females, at least when generating your starting pops and leaders. I haven't looked too much at clothes and haircuts, but I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening there. Which might(?) explain why when you modify the game to allow you to start with 4 elves through syncretic evolution, a minimum of two (assuming all females) will always be wearing the french maid outfit if they're set to be domestic slaves. When males are present, it also seems highly likely that they'll don the butler outfit.

Anyway. Can you tell where I have to comment out the french maid uniform per chance? I can't seem to find the right place or way to do it. Nevermind, looks like I got it.

Btw, why'd you remove the chance for elves to become fallen empires and savages? :/ I kinda liked that.

Now that is interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if we had too many phenos for stellaris normally. At some point I'll have a look. In the meantime, anybody else noticing the issue? Do pops ever show up with some of the higher pheno types?

Fallens were only removed temporarily. They'll be back in as soon as I get new ones up and running for the changes in 1.6. (Though with the mess with AI at present, seems I'll be waiting for another patch before I get back to playing.)

I really would like a face like this for male elves!
3e4a85ebe332e26c6fc1991b6ab67b49.jpg

As well as long hair for male elves!  Male elves are supposed to be as pretty as female elves hehe.  Seems like they are using mostly the default faces is all!

So far I must say the mod is WONDERFUL!  Keep up the good work!  Sorry for the spam as well.  Hehe!

Thanks for putting this up on the workshop, I actually found it there first before stumbling on it here via search. Impressive array of custom assets you've come up with I must say. I also have a question -

What would I have to do in order to make Stellaris' vanilla elves (Vulcans) use your mod's assets? I remember seeing a vague post regarding this on the mod's Steam Workshop page involving swapping out humanoid_05 instances with elves_01 or something to that effect, but no mention as to which actual files need the editing. I do understand why you've steered clear of making changes to vanilla files, but I wanted to see if I could get these new looks working alongside the Syncretic Evolution mod which allows slave race phenotype selection (but alas does not work with custom races, according to the author). I know I could just dds swap out some bodies and clothes, but with the sheer volume of what you have here most of those would go to waste, with how limited the vanilla assets are in number (which would be a shame, of course). If it's not too complicated could you perhaps give me some pointers on how to go about this? (or if it really is that complicated, tell me to just swap those dds's out anyway and be thankful I didn't have to write the files myself  :D )

Thanks in advance  :)

Thanks for putting this up on the workshop, I actually found it there first before stumbling on it here via search. Impressive array of custom assets you've come up with I must say. I also have a question -

What would I have to do in order to make Stellaris' vanilla elves (Vulcans) use your mod's assets? I remember seeing a vague post regarding this on the mod's Steam Workshop page involving swapping out humanoid_05 instances with elves_01 or something to that effect, but no mention as to which actual files need the editing. I do understand why you've steered clear of making changes to vanilla files, but I wanted to see if I could get these new looks working alongside the Syncretic Evolution mod which allows slave race phenotype selection (but alas does not work with custom races, according to the author). I know I could just dds swap out some bodies and clothes, but with the sheer volume of what you have here most of those would go to waste, with how limited the vanilla assets are in number (which would be a shame, of course). If it's not too complicated could you perhaps give me some pointers on how to go about this? (or if it really is that complicated, tell me to just swap those dds's out anyway and be thankful I didn't have to write the files myself  :D )

Thanks in advance  :)

To answer your question of which files need changing, it would be mostly humanoid/elves text files in the gfx folder then moving dds files to the main folder. It would probably be more work than it is worth. I don't have much experience working with stellaris, but I've done a lot of eu3, vicky2, and hoi3 modding and enough to know you'd need to edit the text files and redirect the paths in them to the mod's file locations, i.e. the specific clothing you want. I don't know what syncretic evoluton mod is or why custom races don't work though. To see more clothes/hair/etc, you would need to add new lines to each text file with the new dds files' location (assuming you're expanding the wardrobe of the "humanoid_05" who are actually elves)

One of the simpler methods, as you said, would be to replace the dds with modded dds and rename them to humanoid_05_etc. You won't have much choice in clothes, but you will have what you want sort of. By far this is my recommendation if you absolutely have to mod your game as it does the least damage and involves the least work. 

I can't think of a way to explain this further without actually walking you through each replacement or teaching you how to do some coding as there are different variables you would need to think about, like slave vs primal vs normal as well as randomizing pops. You could try copying the text files and replacing them in the stellaris folder, but I don't recommend that without some edits and serious double checking that nothing will break (and novice modders should definitely not attempt this...). There are a couple other ways I imagine will work, but they require more or less the same (or slightly less) amount of coding knowledge.

Assuming you've read this far and you are not afraid of the whole coding thing, I recommend looking through the gfx folder in the elves mod and try to trace where each text file is and where the text file draws assets from. If you can figure out most of that, you can try to redirect things as you see fit and then move the gfx assets to the main game folder. Then hope it doesn't crash because you forgot a bracket. 

I tried to keep it simple, but yeah...