[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

Oh yeah, about Drow... I've been thinking.... (very dangerous, I know)

I was thinking how the prethorn (or whatever they are, the biological thingies) take over worlds. With the new upcoming refugee stuff and the like, what about making a new Drow trait for the just the Drow (not Eilistraee)... that's sort of what the Asari idea was. Except, Asari mate with everything and make new Asari. For the Drow I was thinking they'd slowly kill off any non-Drow pops on mixed worlds. wink.png So say, after a certain random period... an alien pop may go poof. To some extent this already happens anyway. I've noticed any civ that lets in Drow tends to eventually be taken over anyway. Why not make it more official, by having them wipe out non-Drow on the way up? laugh.png laugh.png It's sort of a soft purge in a way. Or... Drow mafia style: "Those aliens just vanished! Such a shame." laugh.png

Have to think some more on it because I don't want it exactly the same as the Asari. And I'd ideally like a way to counter it somehow. Though I guess the easiest way to counter it is simply: don't have Drow mixed with anyone. Anywhere. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

You know, I could tie it to ethics. So if the Drow was xenophobic, it happens. A thought anyway.

I was going to work on the asari implementation of that over the holidays but then the dev diary came out and actually I think I may hold off on any pop-affecting stuff until 1.5 comes out. They're goign to change a lot of things and add new mechanics, policies, birth control and all the other stuff so chances are I'd have to rewrite anything when the patch drops.

Nopes, they haven't even announced the name of the companion DLC so my guess is it's still a long way off. The Stellaris streams featuring new content are only scheduled to start February 2nd, sooooo I have a feeling the patch is not going to come out until like March-ish. Late February at the earliest.

Mmm... Actually now that I think about it I may do the pop stuff after all. If anything, I could set it up as a placeholder.

Going to be hard to beat this one... SuperCapital3! cool.gif

Given this is my all time favorite ship, from anywhere... I didn't alter it very much from the original. Though I did keep the bottom solid and... yeah ok nobody cares. Listen to this while viewing:

post-99-0-66249900-1485040696_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-90140500-1485040599_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-73011000-1485040647_thumb.jpg

Still some tweaks needed to the textures. Also I didn't have a chance to get the forcefields done tonight. So those will be in the final ship. The hangar bays are based on the newer sort from the carriers. I'm almost tempted to go back and change battleship1's bays but... nope. Too many new ships to do! angel.gif

Oh yes, ramming would be a good thing especially when you're up against technically superior fleets.

Somewhat unrelated but... just saw Rogue One finally. (Found an English version being played at last.) And well... there might be a problem with a film when the only scene I liked is Vader killing things. laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png Oh and CGI Cushing... UGH.. just cast somebody new dammit! angel.gif 

And with that I'll hide back in my tower and pretend only the original 3 star wars exist. And make a few new ships while I'm at it. wink.pngwink.png

*shrug* I guess I'm just blind to it. The special effects in original Star Wars looked many orders of magnitude more awful than CGI anyways so whatevs ^^

In other news...

WIZ JUST TWEETED A PICTURE OF AN ORBITAL HABITAT!

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/823525047084138496

This one looks very Mamallan tho. I hope they are affected by graphical culture.

Blasphemy! CGI is evil. EVVIIIIILLLLL!! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png  Unless I say it isn't. Haha! wink.pngwink.png No complaints on effects in Rogue One EXCEPT CGI Tarkin. And Leia.... *shudders* wink.png

One thing though, I was talking to some others here about it. (They didn't like it either but whatever.) The thing that gets me is, the acting in Rogue One, was great. Great work there. (OK so I only liked Force Zatoichi, his sidekick and the robot. Still, excellent acting.) But the story.... what the....!? confused.gif  I guess I was expecting a con/thief job and ended up with... I don't know what exactly... angel.gif

Now if we go to the original Star Wars, mostly better story (except for the cannibal care bears in the last one, or... OK the last one doesn't count at all), but TERRIBLE acting on the part of most of the good guys. Luke was Mr. Whiny in first one. Ford could barely handle his lines. Leia was probably best in the first one and then got progressively worse with each film. biggrin.png I mean, THAT scene in Jedi. HOLD THE CUE CARDS HIGHER! LOL! smile.png Likely this is due to ... AHEM... the director...  wink.png wink.png

All that said, we all came to a funny mutual conclusion. The best acting out of any Star Wars film? Rogue One. Worst acting? Return of the Jedi. (The other prequels don't exist of course. Otherwise, all 3 win on worst. wink.pngwink.png) 

Now THAT.... is going to seriously mess up Alphamod. laugh.pnglaugh.png I wonder actually if that's where they got the idea? Anyway, nice to have them be in the game natively. cool.gifcool.gif

Actually, I'm so hung up on the new pop management in the next update.... I may just postpone any more games till it's out. Which is good... because it means I spend more time making ships. Just wrapped up another one! OK, I wrapped up the shape. Still need to map and do textures. cool.gif

Oh yeah, and I'll try and wrap up the textures for the Asari one along with it. Two ships done at once. Kind of. wink.png

I'm pretty sure they got the idea for orbitals from Bank's books. I just have this sneaking suspicion, no idea what tipped me off n_~

And I'm probably going to spout more heresy but I actually enjoyed the prequels! They were fun.

My favourite Star Wars thing of all time tho is the Clone Wars cartoon <3 I watched the whole series twice!  I like Rebels too, they had a slow start but the current season is full of dopeness!

Oh yeah, about Drow... I've been thinking.... (very dangerous, I know)

I was thinking how the prethorn (or whatever they are, the biological thingies) take over worlds. With the new upcoming refugee stuff and the like, what about making a new Drow trait for the just the Drow (not Eilistraee)... that's sort of what the Asari idea was. Except, Asari mate with everything and make new Asari. For the Drow I was thinking they'd slowly kill off any non-Drow pops on mixed worlds. wink.png So say, after a certain random period... an alien pop may go poof. To some extent this already happens anyway. I've noticed any civ that lets in Drow tends to eventually be taken over anyway. Why not make it more official, by having them wipe out non-Drow on the way up? laugh.png laugh.png It's sort of a soft purge in a way. Or... Drow mafia style: "Those aliens just vanished! Such a shame." laugh.png

Have to think some more on it because I don't want it exactly the same as the Asari. And I'd ideally like a way to counter it somehow. Though I guess the easiest way to counter it is simply: don't have Drow mixed with anyone. Anywhere. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

You know, I could tie it to ethics. So if the Drow was xenophobic, it happens. A thought anyway.

Yeah, but what about Drow civs mixing with other Drow civs, what happens when both pops are super-cute dark-elves? :D

I'm pretty sure they got the idea for orbitals from Bank's books. I just have this sneaking suspicion, no idea what tipped me off n_~

And I'm probably going to spout more heresy but I actually enjoyed the prequels! They were fun.

My favourite Star Wars thing of all time tho is the Clone Wars cartoon <3 I watched the whole series twice!  I like Rebels too, they had a slow start but the current season is full of dopeness!

Yes that is heresy. I banish you... to playing another game of Stellaris! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

*snickers* Banks! Yeah... it's like it was a clue... that went right over my head... HAHAHAHA! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Yeah, but what about Drow civs mixing with other Drow civs, what happens when both pops are super-cute dark-elves? biggrin.png

I already thought of that. Drow don't like Eilistraeens, so they'll wipe them out too. If it's a more run of the mill generic Drow, I imagine it would be based on ethics. So if they have the same ethics, they'll tolerate them. Otherwise.... DEATH. laugh.png

OK, and I might accidentally make the rate higher for things like talking weeds and mushrooms. I'm not biased against those. No. I'm not. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Yeah, that's a good idea. If enslaved, they won't kill them off. laugh.png

Might take a look at implementing this before the NSC ships are done in fact. Or at least getting it started. Lots of options to consider with the new update as well. I mean, can something like this be implemented via some of the new options for instance?

Annnd... had some time to wrap one ship's texture at least. Cruiser3!

post-99-0-89561300-1485360529_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-83201600-1485360568_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-26854400-1485360551_thumb.jpg

Very nearly an exact copy of the Imperial Sovereign Battlecruiser. With elfy style. wink.png

Likely I'll also use this one for NSC's battlecruiser. That wraps up the cruisers. Just need 2 more super capitals and the carriers and NSC is wrapped up fro elves. cool.gif

Got the SuperCarrier textured at last. cool.gif Sans forcefield/dome as usual for these test shots. wink.png 

post-99-0-60307900-1486331140_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-33903000-1486331185_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-28005200-1486331203_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-13689100-1486331218_thumb.jpgpost-99-0-59589000-1486331231_thumb.jpg

The light carrier is done, just needs mapping/textures. angel.gif

Though after dealing with NSC for the Asari I'm not in a real hurry to wrap this up. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png