Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

Well, that is in the act IRONIE.  :lol: and to the Death Laughter. 00008353.gif

its not funny, this is serious.

this could kill my own mods. all that it will take is for one required mod to go SE only, then its good bye to "Horny Dragons of Skyrim", because i'm not going to work on something that i can not use.

all of this is happening because they did not make a 64bit version 5 years ago, if they did it would have been XP compatible and i would not have this problem now.

While my hardware is never really up-to-date either, i'd worry more about 9 year old hardware breaking than mods. ;)

If that's a relief to you, i wouldn't expect most LL stuff working before next year, not even mentioning all. That maybe never will, so... even if you won't get new hardware ever (what i doubt somehow), there will probably be some ppl who stay on x32 Skyrim because their favorite mod is abandoned or something and doesn't get an update.

For me this is the case  :P

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68719-first-impressions/?p=1719321

While my hardware is never really up-to-date either, i'd worry more about 9 year old hardware breaking than mods. ;)

If that's a relief to you, i wouldn't expect most LL stuff working before next year, not even mentioning all. That maybe never will, so... even if you won't get new hardware ever (what i doubt somehow), there will probably be some ppl who stay on x32 Skyrim because their favorite mod is abandoned or something and doesn't get an update.

its the first computer that i ever built myself, so i wont be letting my child die without a fight.

If Bethesda use this remaster as a trainee program like they said, i think everybody should be fired.

I was looking and making some comparison between the remaster texture and the original one, the remaster is 5 times bigger in kbytes and 2 times bigger in size,

I manage to make the same result in photoshop, adjust the size and sharp the image, making all noisy, the image looks like a gif...

If anyone want to give a try, 70-85% amount and a radius of 2-2.5 pixels, after the compression, same result.

I picked a hell of a time to develop an interest in making a quest mod. "I can't really afford to upgrade enough to play the new games, but maybe I can have some fun making stuff for Skyrim. It's an old game, it's safe." Sigh.

I don't think people are going to start switching over truly until most of their favorite mods switch, I say maybe 2 months and that is being optimistic so you have plenty of time to develop your mod.

It is always a good thing to work on some older games and get your skills up. Newer games can be more challenging to mod as most of the tricks and tools aren't quite there yet. Modding for Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim should be safe bet. If you run into some issues chances are someone around here had the same thing and could point you in the right direction. Less frustration and more actual modding. Then you gain the idea and basic process so when you move to another game engine and tool you already know what you want, how you did it on x game now all is needed is to answer the actual mechanic to do it on the new game. Less work and effort. NOt to mention you(mod authors with proven records) tend to get more support from their fellow modders when it comes to complex issues as they know that the individual has some chops or understanding and don't need to be coddled or babied.

So do that Skyrim quest mod. Might later once things settled down migrate it over to the new SSE version (again once the issues have been ironed out and the pathway has been established.

The first thing I want is SkyUI.   That, above everything else, is the most important thing to me.

Since SSE is 64bit, it runs so beautifully.   I already have CBBE loaded, Live another Life, VioLens, Pride of Valhalla Textures for CBBE and Campfire - Complete Camping System.  They all work great (except the animations and backpack stuff, not withstanding) and there has been no issues that I have noticed with those mods so far.

SKSE will come, just takes time and then everyone can begin hammering away at mods again.   I don't think it will take anywhere near as much time to get "SKSE-SE" (my name given to SKSE for Special Edition) as F4SE is taking with Fallout 4.

*shrug*

I am just happy to have a 64bit Skyrim.

To test SSE's stability, try spawning 5000 bandits at once.

161029011930632862.jpg

161029011931458135.jpg

161029011925324076.jpg

didn't had enought ram left for 5000 bandits

161029011933446517.jpg

can probably do it if i load the game without hdt, and without textures

not enought place in city for 5000 bandits anyway, but if you tcl in the sky before placeatme, that will do a nice pile of corpses

While I'm enjoying SSE, I really don't have any plans to go full bore and switch to SSE 100%. 

I still plan on playing my modded original Skyrim along side SSE. 

I do have a noob question. When looking at the advance graphics settings, I see something called 64-bit render targets.

Does any one know what this setting does exactly?

Thxs.

A render target is an updatable texture. The complete image that you see on screen is from one of these for instance, so if you want a better quality look 64-bit is the way to go if you have a descent screen.

@ChipyChops -

Thanks for the explanation.

To test SSE's stability, try spawning 5000 bandits at once.

161029011930632862.jpg

161029011931458135.jpg

161029011925324076.jpg

didn't had enought ram left for 5000 bandits

161029011933446517.jpg

can probably do it if i load the game without hdt, and without textures

not enought place in city for 5000 bandits anyway, but if you tcl in the sky before placeatme, that will do a nice pile of corpses

Nice test.

Wait, why are they all naked?

to reduce the load, 5000 meshes and packages, that eat some ram

161029035508921595.jpg

it didn't rain corpses.... they all spawned on that fucking tower, placeatme place them on the closest area it can put them

161029035525819582.jpg

took some screens on the way, tesedit was probably using 100% cpu, so nothing left for steam

and when i removed tcl

161029035525465434.jpg

it would have probably take minutes for those npc attacks to land, didn't wait for it

27%? enderal launcher... those ini were read only

161029042641697097.jpg

skyrim is supposed to be able to handle 2 cores

in fact it use one, and a few of the rest for the sake of saying it use them, 25% + 1-2%

doubt those ini tweaks allow skyrim to use all cores right but it can't make things worse

fallout is supposed to be able to handle 4 core

doubt you can go up to 100% with special edition, maybe 53%, 2 cores, and a few of the rest for the sake of saying it use them

30 fps at 50% gpu usage would be 60 fps at 100% gpu usage

it should be 100% all the time, too many textures swapping or cpu bottleneck if it's not

which mod manager is the correct one for SE?

can we use mod organizer?

You should ONLY use Mod Organzier if you are a serious moder :)

I think he/she is wondering if it works with the new x64 bit version of Skyrim.

You are right. atm only NMM works.

Right now I tested:

NMM v0.63.3

LOOT v0.9.2

WryeBash v307.24

...all working/ stable and SE editions.

Not working yet:

MO

FNIS

SKSE

TES5Edit (no SE mod/ DLC needed cleaning as of now anyhow in SE)

The first thing I want is SkyUI.   That, above everything else, is the most important thing to me.

Since SSE is 64bit, it runs so beautifully.   I already have CBBE loaded, Live another Life, VioLens, Pride of Valhalla Textures for CBBE and Campfire - Complete Camping System.  They all work great (except the animations and backpack stuff, not withstanding) and there has been no issues that I have noticed with those mods so far.

SKSE will come, just takes time and then everyone can begin hammering away at mods again.   I don't think it will take anywhere near as much time to get "SKSE-SE" (my name given to SKSE for Special Edition) as F4SE is taking with Fallout 4.

*shrug*

I am just happy to have a 64bit Skyrim.

So you just dropped down CBBE & Violens  as is from the Skyrim edition then? Wanted to know we just got started on ours and one thing we wanted to start adding was a nice body structure and skins. Thank you. 

Does anyone know if the ENB works? If not do you know if boris is planning on developing it?

there has been varied reports on using Fallout 4 ENBs.... as for an SSE ENB by Boris... Last word from his was that if there is enough interest he -may- do it.

And @SamTT for TES5Edit... there is a compatible version of xEdit released a few days ago, I believe the USKP peeps were using it... Not sure if its public release yet though

Does anyone know if the ENB works? If not do you know if boris is planning on developing it?

As a rule of thumb you can expect most ENBs to only work on DX9 at the moment. It's technically possible, but Boris says it's a huge pain in the ass to make it work.  Any time someone asks him about it he outright refuses support for any DX11 games "except FO4, GTA5 and Skyrim" - which might imply he's working on it, but slowly.

Once someone manages to make a basic mod with papyrus (without creation kit somehow) can they test something?

In regular skyrim, the quest event "OnStoryCrimeGold" allows mods to detect when the player has commited a crime: theft, pickpocket, burglary, asault, ect.

However, in regular skyrim this event is hilariously useless because it takes well over 15 seconds to go off. The player can be caught for the crime, put in jail before the event finally gets called, so any attempt to make a mod around overriding all crime interaction is hopeless.

Can anyone confirm if this is still the case for SSE?

Just a heads up to any using CBBE/UUNP do not copy over any skeleton files.  Including the skeleton file in the 1stperson folder.  I did this by mistake, and it caused both male and female characters to have messed up 1st and 3rd person tracking (as in they didn't match up).  I'm not exactly sure how anything setup for BBP or HDT will react without the skeletons or behavior files either.  So I made sure to use the CBBE/UUNP base that uses no BBP or HDT.

I was also able to get SG hair working by converting the esm to an esp using xedit.

Right now I'm going to see how much of a mess race menu is :D

As for ENB's you can use the FO4 ENB, but its kinda pointless considering we don't have a script extender.  All that people have been able to do so far is use the FO4 ENB ini's as a base with something like Reshade 3.0  It does work, but note that it'll extend your game startup time by several minutes.  I was also chatting with Boris over at enb dev, and he's already tinkering with SSE...granted it doesn't sound as if he's to happy with it :D