IMPORTANT: Site Upgrade Coming on July 1st

and i loved laughing at people butthurt by change.

That's quite a sadistic stance to take don't you think? Personally I really didn't like the new interface, I thought it was a huge clusterfudge. 

But I understand the necessity to keep the site up-to-date and functioning properly. I just hope it'll go more smoothly this time. 

It is old?

It has a very old of site software that is no more maintained?

Is stopping us to create a better one?

We all love the current structure (and the bbCode) and layout.

But this is limiting.

I love my car!!! Why I cannot go faster than 50 MPh? (~ 80 KHr) --> Because your engine is shit, you need to upgrade it.

And because you upgrade the engine, upgrade also the covers, and the sits, and the accessories.

in this Analogy it is this,Why i Love my old Car! No GPS! No Multimedia/Spyware Center No Chips what saves where /when and how i drive

PS: I use WIN XP its suited me well.the Nintendo OS( Win8) is ugly and not comfortable and win 10 are spyware³,ugly,and annoying with his Cloud Computing here,Cortana there.

Rule #1 of Computing should appear here: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM.

Normally the old adage of "never fuck with something that works" is true.....however, when your security is outdated and support dries up.....there is no choice in the matter.

Seriously, Ashal would only be doing this because it is necessary.  Stop and think how much work he is going to have to put in to make the move.  No one would take that on if it was just a shiny new coat of paint.   ;)

It is old? It has a very old of site software that is no more maintained? Is stopping us to create a better one? We all love the current structure (and the bbCode) and layout. But this is limiting. I love my car!!! Why I cannot go faster than 50 MPh? (~ 80 KHr) --> Because your engine is shit, you need to upgrade it. And because you upgrade the engine, upgrade also the covers, and the sits, and the accessories. in this Analogy it is this,Why i Love my old Car! No GPS! No Multimedia/Spyware Center No Chips what saves where /when and how i drive PS: I use WIN XP its suited me well.the Nintendo OS( Win8) is ugly and not comfortable and win 10 are spyware³,ugly,and annoying with his Cloud Computing here,Cortana there. Rule #1 of Computing should appear here: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM.

Security upgrades are needed and a must. Keeping current system exposes the site to security issues. This must be changed. Unfortunatly this can't be done with the old system.

Normally the old adage of "never fuck with something that works" is true.....however, when your security is outdated and support dries up.....there is no choice in the matter.

Seriously, Ashal would only be doing this because it is necessary.  Stop and think how much work he is going to have to put in to make the move.  No one would take that on if it was just a shiny new coat of paint.   ;)

As gregathit states, The software upgrade isn't a shiny new coat of pain I suspect it is an entire rework of the code from bottom up. Very different from what we have now considering how old it is. Also being so very different from the previous system... might mean that we won't have all the functionality we had up to now. Just like the previous change over there will be some time to adjust and we will just have to accept it. Hopefully in time he will be able to add on some of the features we know and love however I for one will forgo some of the features for a solid reliable, dependable and safe site to use.

The software upgrade isn't a shiny new coat of pain I suspect it is an entire rework of the code from bottom up. Very different from what we have now considering how old it is. Also being so very different from the previous system... might mean that we won't have all the functionality we had up to now. Just like the previous change over there will be some time to adjust and we will just have to accept it. Hopefully in time he will be able to add on some of the features we know and love however I for one will forgo some of the features for a solid reliable, dependable and safe site to use.

Um......I think you misread my post.  Unless you just quoted it by mistake.  I was sarcastically stating that Ashal would "not" be taking it on if it was "just" a new shiny new coat of paint.  IE....it isn't.   ;)

Between the support and security, the upgrade is a must.  No real choice in the matter for the Boss.  I feel very sorry for the amount of work he is going to have to put in to make this happen.......and the amount of shit he is going to receive for doing something he really must.  Talk about a kick in the balls.   :-/

...Between the support and security...

And keep in mind the performance boost by the upgrade to PHP V7, that is about double as fast compared to the actual used one.

And with all the guys using this site every hour a performance boost should be welcome.

Thanks for the heads up, may the upgrade proceed with nary a hick up and the whining from the masses be kept to a minimum <and since its not said near enough, Thank YOU and the moderators for all the time and effort and $$ you put into this site>

The software upgrade isn't a shiny new coat of pain I suspect it is an entire rework of the code from bottom up. Very different from what we have now considering how old it is. Also being so very different from the previous system... might mean that we won't have all the functionality we had up to now. Just like the previous change over there will be some time to adjust and we will just have to accept it. Hopefully in time he will be able to add on some of the features we know and love however I for one will forgo some of the features for a solid reliable, dependable and safe site to use.

Um......I think you misread my post.  Unless you just quoted it by mistake.  I was sarcastically stating that Ashal would "not" be taking it on if it was "just" a new shiny new coat of paint.  IE....it isn't.   ;)

Between the support and security, the upgrade is a must.  No real choice in the matter for the Boss.  I feel very sorry for the amount of work he is going to have to put in to make this happen.......and the amount of shit he is going to receive for doing something he really must.  Talk about a kick in the balls.   :-/

I was confirming that it wasn't a shiny new coat...  however re-reading the post I can see how you get that misunderstood. Edited it for more clarity. Thank for pointing that out.

I remember that one of the problems with the upgrade last time was that it imposed a painfully hard on the eyes light text on dark background color screen. Hopefully this time the readable color scheme will still be available.

I am pretty sure that that can be worked out after the full roll out of the new software. Most forum software has a few theme that can be selected. Even now if you go to the bottom of the page (unless it changed recently) you can change the theme of the site.

Please remember that this Announcement is to alert people of the future upgrade of the site.

You are welcome to express your concerns and your advises. (Or provide answers.)

But let keep this thread clean.

Thank you.

@ritualclarity

Don't forget the velcro it'll go great with the ductape bailing wire and bubble gum.

I had no problem with the dark background which was better then the bright white background that it first had the only thing I saw was the up and down the site suffered from hopefully this time it'll go better.

@ritualclarity

Don't forget the velcro it'll go great with the ductape bailing wire and bubble gum.

I had no problem with the dark background which was better then the bright white background that it first had the only thing I saw was the up and down the site suffered from hopefully this time it'll go better.

Based on the OP I believe Ashal has it under control now. He already knows what wen wrong before and how to address it. I do believe it will be much better this time. I agree the up and down was the worst part of the last upgrade process. I hope it is less of an issue this time.

One thing I might comment on is that we give Ashal a week or so to settle his work and get the site stable and functional before complaining about look or feel. Give him some time to get the site under control under the new software, allow some time to properly migrate the data etc.

I have a good feeling on this. Lets use this warning to get our work done on what we want to do for the next week or two and not wait until the day of the update to make massive changes and updates to thread/OPs and tutorials. etc.

All I can say is that I do not envy Ashal at all and wouldn't like to be in his shoes ;)

The burden he has is to overwhelming (for me) and there are some "wolfs" who are waiting to skin him alive if things goes wrong. But, we can help him by being patient and supportive. :)