Hard drive problem still???

The Freezer Trick:
Only to be attempted by desperate crazy people...

1. Take 1 ziplock bag
  2. Add 1 non functioning hard drive (preferably warm from recent use)
  3. Remove vodka from freezer
  4. Place hard drive in bag end up in the now empty icy cold freezer
  5. Close freezer door hard enough to ensure drive falls
  6. Drink just enough Vodka to not care about the drive anymore but not enough to care too much (if you end up telling the drive how much you really love it then you have probably had too much Vodka)
  7. Having partaken of just the right amount of Vodka remove drive from freezer and ziplock bag
  8. Ensure the drive has not absorbed any moisture and quickly plug it into your waiting computer
  9. Boot up (not off the same drive, see too much Vodka above)
  10. Rip all important data off the drive as quickly as your Vodka numbed fingers will allow
  11. Having salvaged your data remove the drive and throw it in the bin (the dead one not the new one, again with the too much Vodka)

Now having done all of the above you can and probably should finish the Vodka.

Feel free to substitute Vodka for intoxicant of your choice, the colder the better.

Also feel free to rip drive apart after having salvaged your data the disc inside is really shiny and pretty especially after sufficiant amounts of the aforementioned favorite intoxicant.

The freezer trick is for not-rotating or stuttering Hard drives.  (no SSD)

Of course a non-functioning hard disk will of course also cause a labtop to fail to boot.

I've only had to do it once so far...  Shit, I forgot the vodka, but it worked without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to make it so some of the npc's arnt essential. Like the sorceress that i run into in certain dungeons aggro onto me and yet cant be killed. There is also the deciples of the gods or what ever they are called in the chorrol undercroft that cant be killed but attack me.

1 hour ago, alster523 said:

Is there a way to make it so some of the npc's arnt essential. Like the sorceress that i run into in certain dungeons aggro onto me and yet cant be killed. There is also the deciples of the gods or what ever they are called in the chorrol undercroft that cant be killed but attack me.

Easy enough to do, load the base game and any other files in xedit, especially ones that effect the npc's leveling, beauty mods etc, then go into the npc section and find the npc you want to be no longer essential, on the acbs configuration, right click on the flags and it should list a box showing all the flags on that npc, simply untick the essential or protected boxes, then hit save, if it is base game files it should then ask you for a esp name for the new mod, if it is another mod then it should just save, do that for all the npcs you want to no longer be essential or protected, do be aware though doing this on the wrong npc can totally fuck your game if they have anything to do with quests that require them to survive to do something or other.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WillhelmBell said:

I don't know why, but wrye bash monsters don't spawn even with the relvl tag added in the patch. help me please

Load your entire mod list into xedit, then check the leveled npc section of bash and see what if anything is affecting things, you can of course just drag and drop the missing npcs into the bash patch and then exit and save when done, quite a few mods that add npc's do odd things when bashed even when the tags are correctly applied, hell its is worth while checking through the entire bash patch manually to make sure things are the way you want them to be, bash/smash or any other conflict resolution patch created automatically can do some odd things.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, Varithina said:

Load your entire mod list into xedit, then check the leveled npc section of bash and see what if anything is affecting things, you can of course just drag and drop the missing npcs into the bash patch and then exit and save when done, quite a few mods that add npc's do odd things when bashed even when the tags are correctly applied, hell its is worth while checking through the entire bash patch manually to make sure things are the way you want them to be, bash/smash or any other conflict resolution patch created automatically can do some odd things.

thanks for the help

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, im just installing mods to start playing and it keeps crashing near vindasel with this mod. Loaded my mod list on xedit to look for conflicts but i dont remember exacly how to, does anybody have a clue?

16 hours ago, sabh said:

Hello, im just installing mods to start playing and it keeps crashing near vindasel with this mod. Loaded my mod list on xedit to look for conflicts but i dont remember exacly how to, does anybody have a clue?

you could do as i do and just uncheck one mod after another untill you find what one is causing it and decide if its something you really want to keep before going through the effort of making an xedit patch.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:18 AM, alster523 said:

you could do as i do and just uncheck one mod after another untill you find what one is causing it and decide if its something you really want to keep before going through the effort of making an xedit patch.

yeah, you're right i'm gonna do that, still going to look for some tutorials about xedit i wanna learn how to use it, thank you.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if it's needed, or if it's somewhere in this thread already, but

ALL THE EYES USED IN MONSTERGIRLS BLOCKHEAD CONVERTED TO SINGLE-EYE TEXTURE SCHEMA (fix for googly eyes if you don't use MBP I think)

MonsterGirlBH UniEyeSchema patch.zip

Just apply after Monstergirls install.

Couldn't find the Tsaesci or whatshisname eye textures, so they're still googly (well, you can tell it's not looking at you at least).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

followed the install step with mo2,  when i came out the jail's sewer, i saw a giant texture error over the sky(stretching bug )from two dragon girl before the ruin at the other side of the river.

this happened at almost the beginning of the game , did any guy know why? thx for any help

Wrong skeleton causes stretching. Body boobs with BBB but skeleton without Boob bones, or monster girl has wings but skeleton without wings.

Check the monster girl in the esp with Construction set or TES4Edit. The skeleton path in the NPC data, not in the race. ( You can open the console in game an click on the NPC with the bug to get the Ref ID, then you can find the ID in the esp and get the base ID. The base ID = the base NPC )

Then check your game folders if you have the skeleton in the folder.

Not sure if the monster girl Mod add the default skeleton in data\meshes\characters\_male    If you have LAPF installed you have a skeleton with all bones you need,

The LAPF skeleton size is

data\meshes\characters\_male\ skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif must be 95KB

data\meshes\characters\_1stPerson\skeleton.nif  must be 58KB

If your skeleton has a different size install the LAPF skeleton again.

If you don't use sex mods ( LAPF/Lovers) you must have Growlf's Universal skeleton

data\meshes\characters\_male\ skeleton.nif and skeletonbeast.nif must be 94KB

data\meshes\characters\_1stPerson\skeleton.nif  must be 53KB

If your skeleton has a different size install the Growlf's Universal skeleton again.

! The game will always use the original skeleton in tha packed BSA file . You have to use archive invalidate  ( set it in Wrye or OBMM)  or you use the OBSE addon SkyBSA. Then the game will use replacers in the lose folders.

But archive invalidate and SkyBSA will not work if you have your game in C : / program files (x86)      ! ! !  NEVER install Oblivion in  C : / program files (x86)   !!!!  Move your game to a different folder.

But if the skeleton path of the monster girl is not  characters\_male\   then the skeleton in the Mod is wrong. . .  but I don't think that's the case.

More about stretching and how to move your game to a different folder . . .  read

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/#comment-915257

9 hours ago, fejeena said:

错误的骨架会导致拉伸。有 BBB 的身体胸部但没有胸部骨骼的骨骼,或者怪物女孩有翅膀但没有翅膀的骨骼。

Thank you fejeena ! I found that was a load order error . I put the LAPF skeleton down of the monster girl and everything works well.

Thank you for your detailed guidance!

• 5 months later...

I don't know whether no one really asked this or I'm horrible at searching the thread, but daedric soul impaler goes fucking nuts when it's dropped and starts behaving as a world object. Like, it has negative mass and any contact with any suface sends it flying all over at supersonic speeds. It has a proper encumberance weight, and I don't see any option in CS to change its havoc rendered behaviour. In Items/weapons subsection there's nothing on the subject, in WorldObjects/static/weapons there's no daedric soul impaler.

TL;DR what can I do (except removing daedric soul impaler from the game) to stop dropped weapons going nuts after being dropped?

It's a weapon. Weapons have no ground mesh, like misc items, books, Ingredients, ...  only amor and clothes have ground meshes.

ID

MGPBlade2HSpearAgeha02 "Daedric Soul Impaler" [WEAP:01000804]

mesh folder path (maybe in the bsa file )
Monster Girl Meshes\weapons\blade2h\ageha tortured spear xtudo.nif

And like all weapons, it reacts like a world object when you drop it. Like misc items, Ingredients, books,...

The mesh settings seem to be ok.  Mass 25 is a bit high

But the other settings are fine

OL_WEAPON,   RESPONSE_SIMPLE_CONTACT

MO_SYS_BOX, DEACTIVATOR_SPATIAL, SOLVER_DEACTIVATION_LOW , MO_QUAL_DEBRIS

--------------------------

Here another mesh version with better collision ( with Mass 10)

A ageha tortured spear xtudo.nif

And original mesh (but with mass 10)

B ageha tortured spear xtudo.nif

Of course you have to rename the nif and check the textures path ( I don't have Monstergirls installed. I just put the esp in my game folder to check ID and path )

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, spmilk said:

Is this MOD incompatible with Lovers Creatures? I noticed that both of them have modified the creature file.

Yes and no.

The mod does not change vanilla creatures, it add new crreatures.  But some of the new creatures have "wrong" bodies do have sex. The position of dicks or pusyy is not in right place for the Lovers sex animations.

I don't remember if there were creature skeleton changes.  Best you don't let the mod overwrite creature files during the installation  ( or unpack and check all creature files before you install )

And creatures in new folders can not have sex at all. Lovers creatures only use creatures that are in the vanilla creatures folders regardless of body shape.

"Rats" in my meshes\creatures\rats folder , they all use the same sex animations . . . and this looks strange.

Spoiler

Rats.jpg

yes squirrel, beaver, rabbit, caterpillar, rat, human pig, prehistoric animal, tentacle creature   they all use the same animations.

And that are only the rat creatures I have in my game folder.

46 minutes ago, fejeena said:

Yes and no.

The mod does not change vanilla creatures, it add new crreatures.  But some of the new creatures have "wrong" bodies do have sex. The position of dicks or pusyy is not in right place for the Lovers sex animations.

I don't remember if there were creature skeleton changes.  Best you don't let the mod overwrite creature files during the installation  ( or unpack and check all creature files before you install )

And creatures in new folders can not have sex at all. Lovers creatures only use creatures that are in the vanilla creatures folders regardless of body shape.

"Rats" in my meshes\creatures\rats folder , they all use the same sex animations . . . and this looks strange.

Reveal hidden contents

Rats.jpg

yes squirrel, beaver, rabbit, caterpillar, rat, human pig, prehistoric animal, tentacle creature   they all use the same animations.

And that are only the rat creatures I have in my game folder.

Thank you for answering.It seems that the same problem occurs when race of significantly different heights having sex.?