Hey so I don't know if the mod author is replying anymore @puddles, I hope so because no matter what I try I can't seem to fix this issue. So for some reasson, this mod add's claws to the feet of Khajiit's but the meshes &/or textures are completely broken. They appear pink and stretch into oblivion, I have tried archive invalidations, I have tried manually extracting BSA files, I have tried locating the problem textures &/or meshes but can't find them, I have tried searching in the construction set but I don't know where this info would be held so I am just shooting in the dark, and I have tried all skeleton mods available, from LAPF to Max Compat. Nothing fixes this issue, other then this, once I fixed the eye pathing error's in the .ESP I havent had any CTD's or anything due to the mod. But having the game become unplayable the moment a Khajiit walk's into the room is a problem.

The khajiit feet.

If the claws are purple/pink it means missing texture .( that can cause a stretching bug)

Open the feet with NifSkope and check the claw textures path.  But in the folders/BSA you will not find the texture in that folder . Maybe the texture is in another folder, or the name is wrong or it is missing.   ( Textures paths are always in the nif files. Only hair, eye, body textures you can check in the esm/esp )

Caws are normally black. So you take  a black texture (a dds and _n.dds) 

You put/copy them in the folder of the missing claw texture and rename both textures to the missing textures name.  (If the name in the nif is claw.dds  you rename to claw.dds and claw_n.dds  )

( You can use any black texture form a mod you have. Armor, clothes, object ... doesn't matter.  Or you create a texture with PhotoShop, Gimp or Paint.net )

That should fix the pink color and the stretching.

---------------------------

And you have to use the LAPF skeleton or you get a stretching bug  during sex. Not other skeleton has the penis bones LAPF needs.

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

The khajiit feet.

If the claws are purple/pink it means missing texture .( that can cause a stretching bug)

Open the feet with NifSkope and check the claw textures path.  But in the folders/BSA you will not find the texture in that folder . Maybe the texture is in another folder, or the name is wrong or it is missing.   ( Textures paths are always in the nif files. Only hair, eye, body textures you can check in the esm/esp )

Caws are normally black. So you take  a black texture (a dds and _n.dds) 

You put/copy them in the folder of the missing claw texture and rename both textures to the missing textures name.  (If the name in the nif is claw.dds  you rename to claw.dds and claw_n.dds  )

( You can use any black texture form a mod you have. Armor, clothes, object ... doesn't matter.  Or you create a texture with PhotoShop, Gimp or Paint.net )

That should fix the pink color and the stretching.

---------------------------

And you have to use the LAPF skeleton or you get a stretching bug  during sex. Not other skeleton has the penis bones LAPF needs.

Would it be possible to swap the Khajiit feet meshes out completely? Such as ones from another mod? And then manuelly install the textures from said associated mod? therefor getting rid of the claws entirely.

Short answer; no.

The khajiit body is add by blockhead. This way a  nude khajiit will have loverbody and claws during ( aqls during sex.  Clothes items would be removed during sex )

And the monstergirl khajiit lowerbody has short legs . If you replace the claws with human feet there will be a big gap.

You can replace the monster girl claws with other claws. ! same folder and same name ! or it will not work.

If you replace claws with human feet you also have to replace the lowerbody ... and then the clothes/armor does not fit.   So you have to find other armor/clothes and overwrite the original...

But that is  more work as add the missing claw texture in the right folder.

Short answer; no.

The khajiit body is add by blockhead. This way a  nude khajiit will have loverbody and claws during ( aqls during sex.  Clothes items would be removed during sex )

And the monstergirl khajiit lowerbody has short legs . If you replace the claws with human feet there will be a big gap.

You can replace the monster girl claws with other claws. ! same folder and same name ! or it will not work.

If you replace claws with human feet you also have to replace the lowerbody ... and then the clothes/armor does not fit.   So you have to find other armor/clothes and overwrite the original...

But that is  more work as add the missing claw texture in the right folder.

Do you happen to know the exact files I need to replace and where they are found in the monster girls folders? I will then go see what I can do about it. Monster girl's file structure is.... not so straight forwardly layed out lol. I tried edeting several files so far with no tangable effect in game.

My computer is dead since some days. I don't have Oblivion and most of the tools. I use a old laptop right now.

Can you upload the claw nif ? Then I can check the textures path .

But if you have NifSkope you can check it.

I have Nifskope and I am happy to do the work myself, I just don't know what file I am suppose to be looking at.
Do you happen to know if its Meshes>Monster Girl Meshes>Characters>Khajiit>components>FemaleFoot.nif ? As I would expect a male version too, as this issue also effects male Khajiit's.

It should only affect monstergirl female khajiit.  ( are there males in monster girl mod ? )

Not the vanilla or other Mods khajiit.

And the path sounds ok . But without Oblivion I can not check it .

---------------------

Claw feet

If Monstergirl khajiit have the left feet they use a special lowerbody.  If they usethe right feet with claws you can replace the feet with "no-claws-feet"

feet1.jpg

But if you replace the left feet with human feet it will look like this.

feet2.jpg

------------------

And the textures path in the nif

feet3.jpg

This claws are from the SetBody addon. They use a vanilla clothes texture.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36199-setbody-beast-body-menu-add-on/

It should only affect monstergirl female khajiit.  ( are there males in monster girl mod ? )

Not the vanilla or other Mods khajiit.

And the path sounds ok . But without Oblivion I can not check it .

---------------------

Claw feet

If Monstergirl khajiit have the left feet they use a special lowerbody.  If they usethe right feet with claws you can replace the feet with "no-claws-feet"

feet1.jpg

See my issue is that my Khajiit males and females both have the feet on the right, with the broken claws on the left floating infront of them.

There are human feet with claws (also in the SetBody addon).  So the floating/stretching can be the missing texture.

But if they use the feet on the right you can replace the feet with human feet ( e.g. from you meshes/charcters/_male  folder )

With changing the textures path you don't have to replace anything. 

Add a texture with the name in the claw nif  -  or change the textures path to a black texture you have does the same.

And much easier was to replace feet nif.

Good to hear that it works.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks promising, it basically adds playable female monsters? Male too would be great I hope but... Ah never mind even just females or futa playable monsters is better than nothing. I will download/install this and find out I suppose. I wouldn't mind playing a spider daedra capable of Lovers animations. 

Bugs or no bugs, if this mod does what I think it does, it will truly be a gem in my collection. I adore monsters, especially being able to play as them.

That are all human NPCs.  Many of the races you can find at Nexus.

You have dryads, Vampire, Winged harpy or Twilight (NPC with wings ), Ghosts, Valkyrie,  animal races like cow and Satyr ( fur body texture , horns and lowerbody with hooves) ,...

Some body parts are added with Blockhead  and some use own skeletons.  But I think they all are still Human and use human sex animations ( The player should be able to fuck the girls, so they need def sex animations )

No real creatures.  Nothing with 4 legs ( or 8 ). No Spider or Minotaur you can talk to. 

There are many real new creatures in the Mod, but real creatures. Not talking  and you can't fuck them, but they can fuck you.

This works so... how do I put it, randomly-predictably for me?
The predictable part is right near the exit from the sewers on new game start. There'll be two Dragoons near the entrance to Vilverin and a camp with two Escaped Prisoners next to them. Inside in the 2nd part there's a Doomsday Assassin and on the 3rd a Spell-breaker. 4th has Jalbert (?) and a Pyramid-head. 
The rest is pretty much up to RNGesus. I can enter a cave/ruin/dungeon and see only rats and goblins. Or find several Dis'/Sentinels, sometimes with more Doomsday gals and Kothringi/Maormers. 
One time, when I spawn Xivilai through the creature menu, they're all female. The other time, male only. Both models are present in my meshes/characters and I invalidated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wonder how moddable is this. Can I completely replace each and every regular creature (rats, wolves etc) with their Monster Girl counterparts? Or increase the chance of them appearing somehow?

And there are also two weird quests that I'm not sure are of this mod or not:
In one, after closing the Kvatch Oblivion gate, you are approached by a Xivkyn Devotee(supposedly companion?), but there's no special dialog, when talking with her or anything, just an announcement "You're being watched..." etc.
In another, after asking about the attack on Anvil Chapel, you get a quest to investigate. Once you enter, the local Apostol and a Matron of Molag Bal start fighting. There's sort of a hint the second one is supposed to be a companion (unique voice lines) if you help her, but no option to?

On the side note: there's an xLoversMB2.ini file in my Data/ini folder, which has some interesting settings. Can I make it load on game start, same as Lovers with PK.ini ?

I see it loading on game start now, but how come 100% of the women aren't futas if I allowed it and changed the setting accordingly ?
Also the keys are completely different: states it's H for advance, but ingame it's E. As for the previous stage... I don't have a bind at all.
Maybe some other config is overriding everything. 
If anyone knowledgeable about the mod ever bumps onto this, there's another issue I kinda solved, but feel like it should've been done in a different way: 
Had the custom Ka Po' Tun race's hands with double claws and stretch on them. Turns out there's a body asset override at the path of meshes\characters\BodyAssetOverrides\PerRace\F, and after deleting the .nif I now have regular hands, they aren't missing or anything.
There doesn't seem to be a dedicated folder for this exact race anywhere. And it doesn't use a standard body for sure - it's way wider/thiccer than the rest, but some BBB armours I picked up fit on well, no clipping or stretching.
It's also way more massive: I have to setscale to 0.7 to be the normal humies' size.

With Blockhead BodyAssetOverrides\ you can change bodies of races or single NPCs, then they do not use the default body.

You can change, add head and head parts.

You can also change textures, if you or a NPC should have a tattoo  but not the whole race should use it.

In the esm/esp the race still have the original meshes and textures path, the new mesh/textures are  in the Overrides folders.

I do not use OCO2  but I know it use different heads for male and female, That is impossible in Oblivion in esm/esp  but  can be done with Blockhead overwrites.

----------

The default sAdvanceStageKey is 35  and that is H ( on a american keybord , or england, germany,.. )

Maybe a conflict. But I only know Sexlivion that use the H key.

I see, thank you! 
Tried switching to the male model ingame, and the same hand override looks okay-ish. Different/smaller texture and not the mesh being the issue, perhaps? 
The keys somehow seem to be working as intended, even the Lovers dialog in Progressions states that I should use the Grab key (E) and nothing else. Will just leave it at that, I guess. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...