Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

Question about the API: I'm trying to set slave names through a spell. 

pah.getslave(t).setDisplayName(new_name)

I'm looking up the PAHSlave alias and using the pahe call to set the display name. And it works, but only for a while. Then something resets and everyone has their old names.

Is there something more I need to do to make the changes stick?

[edit]

NVM, I figured it out. If anyone else is interested, it's the forcedReset flag in the MCM.  That leads to a block of code when the page reloads that looks like this:

If forcedReset != -1
                int j = 0
                while j < slaveCount
                        ; find the slave
                        if forcedReset == slave_OID[j]

; make sure we dont find another one?
                                forcedReset = -1
                                displayedSlaveIndex = j
                                ; set name in PAHEs internal lists
                                PAH.setSlaveName(j)

The setSlaveName function looks like this:

Function setSlaveName(int index)
        PAHSlave slave = _slave_array[index]
        _slave_names[index] = slave.GetActorRef().getDisplayName()
EndFunction

And the _slave_names index is later used in this function, which I'm guessing gets called periodically.

Function refreshNames()
        String[] names = _slave_names
        int i = names.length
        While i > 0
                i -= 1
                _slave_array[i].setDisplayName(names[i])
        EndWhile
EndFunction

So that's why my renaming spells haven't been able to "stick" so far. It needs a call to setSlaveName as well.

What I need then,  is something like this:

PAHSlave slave = pah.getslave(t)
	slave.setDisplayName(new_name)
	int idx = pah.slaveArray.find(slave)
	slave.setSlaveName(idx)

I reckon that should fix it.

On Wed Mar 27 2019 at 5:30 AM, Syridia said:

I've installed this mod, and it works perfectly when I start a new game, but it refuses to start up on any of my old saves; in the MCM menu, the status is just stuck saying 'Stopped' and clicking to reset does absolutely nothing - can anyone help me with this?

Hello, man, it's obvious that we're in the same trouble. Have you solved your problem? I think I may have to download the old version.

@hongzu: I had a quick look at the code for you. That "stopped" message meaans the central quest, the one that runs all the mod scripts is not running.

Now, normally there's a bootstrap quest that runs at startup and waits until either you either enter the keep with Raolf or Hadvar, or until it detects that you're in the Abandoned Prison cell from Live Another Life. So if you used an alternative start mod other than LAL, or if you just coc'd in from the title screen, then the quest won't have started.

This is why I suggested the reboot spell since all that does is call the PAH Boo() method that starts the mod. If you've already cast it and haven't had any messages from the mod (You should at least see a "Paradise Halls: Testing System" notification) then probably you have a quest property that didn't get set for some reason. A look at your papyrus log would be helpful here.

On 4/8/2019 at 3:17 PM, hongzu said:

Hello, man, it's obvious that we're in the same trouble. Have you solved your problem? I think I may have to download the old version.

Yeah I solved it through what DocClox said. I use Live Another Life, so Paradise Halls started up as soon as I entered the Abandoned Prison & it seems to be working perfectly now.

20 hours ago, DocClox said:

@hongzu: I had a quick look at the code for you. That "stopped" message meaans the central quest, the one that runs all the mod scripts is not running.

Now, normally there's a bootstrap quest that runs at startup and waits until either you either enter the keep with Raolf or Hadvar, or until it detects that you're in the Abandoned Prison cell from Live Another Life. So if you used an alternative start mod other than LAL, or if you just coc'd in from the title screen, then the quest won't have started.

This is why I suggested the reboot spell since all that does is call the PAH Boo() method that starts the mod. If you've already cast it and haven't had any messages from the mod (You should at least see a "Paradise Halls: Testing System" notification) then probably you have a quest property that didn't get set for some reason. A look at your papyrus log would be helpful here.

Thank you very much! ! ! 

As long as I don't do anything superfluous, mod will load normally after entering the fortress!

Well, in my set up, I have

paradise_halls.esm
paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp
paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp
pahe-tdf-patch.esp
My Home Is Your Home dialogue patch.esp

I don't have either of the files you mention, but it works. Try enabling paradise_halls.esm if you have it, plus any of the others you need.

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

Well, in my set up, I have

paradise_halls.esm
paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
pahe_lakeview_manor_cell.esp
paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp
pahe-tdf-patch.esp
My Home Is Your Home dialogue patch.esp

I don't have either of the files you mention, but it works. Try enabling paradise_halls.esm if you have it, plus any of the others you need.

Hmm. I can't run my skyrim not without turn off PAHExtender.esp or find those two plugin that I been missing.
Funny thing it was running well few month ago until I have to restore the window. I backup the mod file (zip) but, I guess not all of them are being backup

26 minutes ago, dotoy2233 said:

Another Version of paradise halls? aside from this and the one in nexus?

The one on Nexus is not compatible with this one.

Strec also had a version floating around. He seems to have removed it.

For simplicity, I really recommend the single file pahe_lives_on-7.2.8-no addons_install.

Get that working well - then add other bits you feel you need.

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

The one on Nexus is not compatible with this one.

Strec also had a version floating around. He seems to have removed it.

For simplicity, I really recommend the single file pahe_lives_on-7.2.8-no addons_install.

Get that working well - then add other bits you feel you need.

So I just have to delete one from nexus and download the one from here? Okay. Thank for clarified. I'll will try it later.

Got a patch.

Motivation: It can happen that another mod wants to use PAHE to enslave a victim, and also do something else at the same time. Apply a tattoo, for instance. This does not work. Either that tattoo is applied first and is not replicated on the cloned actor, or elsethe tattoo is applied second and the client mod has no reference to the clone.

Solution:

A mod event fired when Capture is completed and the cloned actor is passed as an argument. The client can catch the event and complete any processing that may be needed.

However:

That leads to problems where a mod may inadvertantly pick up enslavement events generated from other mods, PAHE included.

Solution:

Before calling Capture, the client mod uses StorageUtil to set a tagon the soon-to-be-enslaved actor . The key value is "pahe_client_identifier" and the value is a string identifying the victim to the calling mod. For instance

StorageUtil.SetStringValue(t, "pahe_client_identifier", "slavers_spellbook_brand")

The Capture function checks for the key at the start of the capture process. and if it is set, applies the same tag to the cloned actor. (It would be simpler to pass the identification string as an optional parameter to capture(), but I didn't want to mess with the API)

So the code is:

Function Capture(Actor captive)
;
;       check for a client identifying mark - keep it for later
;
        string client_marker = StorageUtil.GetStringValue(captive, "pahe_client_identifier", "")
        if client_marker == ""
                Debug.trace("[PAHECore] no mark found")
        else
                Debug.trace("[PAHECore] marked with " + client_marker)
        endif

; and then as before ... until

;
;                       if the slave had an identifying mark from a client mod
;                       replicate that mark on the clone
;

Debug.trace("[PAHECore]: cleaning done")
                        if client_marker == ""
                                Debug.trace("[PAHECore] no mark found")
                        else
                                Debug.trace("[PAHECore] marked with " + client_marker + " - setting on clone")
                                StorageUtil.SetStringValue(cleaned_captive, "pahe_client_identifier", client_marker)
                        endif
;
;                       inform anyone who may be interested that we made a new slave
;
                        debug.trace("[PAHECore] PAHE_NewSlave")
                        int handle = ModEvent.Create("PAHE_NewSlave")
                        if (handle)
                                ModEvent.PushForm(handle, self)
                                ModEvent.PushForm(handle, cleaned_captive)
                                ModEvent.Send(handle)
                        endIf

Pex file and script attached in ModOrganizer format.

pahe_slavers_spellbook.7z

Hi. I want to report a issue which is already known but I might have some clues. From 2 days I trying to leave one slave as guard of camp (HSH mod) but every time I go to far from camp or eneter any interior my slave "die from unnatural causes". I think that even when he not follow me, he is still recognize as my follower. iNeed mod still spam messeges about my follower needs (that slave when acts as fighter), so that NPC wasn't properly removed. Even after sold him, that slave is still recognize as follower (based on iNeed messeges). This bug appears on every slave which at least one time was fight for me, others are fine.

I tried even kill him and resurect by console commands and nothing changed. So, I want to recreate that npc from scratch and I want to know, is any way to set slave stats (like submission, combat etc) by commands or files edit? I can't train another slave's combat skill because it will bug that slave in same way.

EDIT:
Of course I didn't read all of this 158 pages of that topic, so I'm sorry if I duplicate any informations.

9 hours ago, Psalam said:

Could you be more specific? I have never had the first problem having sexual congress with my PAHE slaves.

I use the SexLab RapeSpell (with Victimize) RVC4c mod, where the NPCs rapes nude NPCs, but they do not rapes the naked slaves from the PAHE mod.

2 hours ago, gogelmogel100 said:

I use the SexLab RapeSpell (with Victimize) RVC4c mod, where the NPCs rapes nude NPCs, but they do not rapes the naked slaves from the PAHE mod.

Okay, the two mods don't mix. So, why not just tell your slave that you are going to have sex with her (using just PAHE assets)?

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Okay, the two mods don't mix. So, why not just tell your slave that you are going to have sex with her (using just PAHE assets)?

You completely misunderstood me. The main character has no problems with sex with slaves, I mean other NPCs not raping NPCs-slaves PAHE with mod SexLab RapeSpell (with Victimize) RVC4c mod.

Every time I load the game with this mod, I get about 700 lines like the ones below. Not sure whether it's harmful, but it probably shouldn't be there, at least not so many times. It happens even if I have only basic requirements installed (except for ZAP, I use 8+, but it should be backwards compatible), there just might be less lines of it, but still way too much in my opinion.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, any ideas? :)

Spoiler

[04/22/2019 - 10:04:50PM] warning: Property PAHMoodJustCaptured on script pahslave attached to alias slave126 on quest PAH (1201FAEF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/22/2019 - 10:04:50PM] warning: Property PAHMoodNeutral on script pahslave attached to alias slave126 on quest PAH (1201FAEF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/22/2019 - 10:04:50PM] warning: Property PAHMoodAfraid on script pahslave attached to alias slave126 on quest PAH (1201FAEF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/22/2019 - 10:04:50PM] warning: Property PAHMoodAngry on script pahslave attached to alias slave126 on quest PAH (1201FAEF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/22/2019 - 10:04:50PM] warning: Property zbfEffectWrist on script pahactoralias attached to alias slave126 on quest PAH (1201FAEF) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property