Paradise Halls - Home Sweet Home (SE/LE)

15 hours ago, Psalam said:

You know I was afraid that this would happen. After posting a request for more house cell tokens I've run across even more places to use them. I am currently trying to do my first complete playthrough in months and therefore am running across things I'd forgotten. Anyway, the short version is that I've found two more places that would be nice to have house cell tokens (or at least to try them out): Sky Haven Temple (especially if I can figure out how to improve the lighting) and Fort Dawnguard.

Changing the ambient lighting is easy, or you could add some torch sconces and lights for a more dynamic approach, which is also fairly easy to do.  Can help if you need advice.

There are  a lot of locations that could be used for a spare "hideaway" or slave camp.  Broken Oar Grotto once you finish the quests there does not reset and could make a nice "slaver base".  Cracked Tusk Keep and Southfringe Sanctum (right on the way to Bruma) are a couple more that once cleared don't reset (not sure why those two don't, that never made sense to me).  Mistwatch Tower and Gallows Rock are a couple more that once cleared don't reset and could become player "slaver bases".  Turning Mistwatch into an impromptu slaver base would be kind of ironic.

Just now, EinarrTheRed said:

Changing the ambient lighting is easy, or you could add some torch sconces and lights for a more dynamic approach, which is also fairly easy to do.  Can help if you need advice.

There are  a lot of locations that could be used for a spare "hideaway" or slave camp.  Broken Oar Grotto once you finish the quests there does not reset and could make a nice "slaver base".  Cracked Tusk Keep and Southfringe Sanctum (right on the way to Bruma) are a couple more that once cleared don't reset (not sure why those two don't, that never made sense to me).  Mistwatch Tower and Gallows Rock are a couple more that once cleared don't reset and could become player "slaver bases".  Turning Mistwatch into an impromptu slaver base would be kind of ironic.

Yes, please. If you've spent much time wandering around Sky Haven Temple (duh, of course YOU have) you can see what a wonderful place to keep slaves it would be. Lots of rooms. Huge open space. As long as you don't recruit a lot of followers for the Blades there is only Esbern and Delphine wandering around and they are outside at least as much as inside. I'm not likely to do anything with it this playthrough - so there is no hurry for me. I'm still working out everything I've forgotten and I hope to be able to get a more complete idea of AYGAS and how doing some things may impact that mod. For instance, and since we're on the HSH thread, if you take an AYGAS slave and put it into an HSH setting it will default to AYGAS dialogue when it is otherwise in the "snap out of it" HSH setting.

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Yes, please. If you've spent much time wandering around Sky Haven Temple (duh, of course YOU have) you can see what a wonderful place to keep slaves it would be. Lots of rooms. Huge open space. As long as you don't recruit a lot of followers for the Blades there is only Esbern and Delphine wandering around and they are outside at least as much as inside.

Unless you killed off Delphine ?

Three options:

1. Just change the ambient light level.  Load Skyrim.esm and Update.esm (should be all you need IIRC) in CK.  In the Cell View window choose Interiors and then scroll down to SkyHavenTemple and right click on it and select Edit.  Go to the Lighting tab and you'll see that currently there is no template selected.  Open the drop down and pick a nice interior lighting template such as WhiterunIntLightingTemplate and presto, it'll be brighter in there.  Just save your mod as SomeNameYouMadeUp.esp and you're good to go.  If its still not enough you can play with trying out some of the other templates until you find one you like.
  2. Almost as simple as the first option, open the same esm files in CK and this time View the same interior cell.  First, tap the L key so you can see the radii of each light in there (you'll see some blue, yellow and red circles appear around each 'lightbulb' that's roughly how far it casts light.  In the Cell View window scroll down to where you see BleakFallsDraugrTorch01 with a lightbulb symbol next to it.  Below that are a bunch of other lights.  You can select just all the torches or do all the lights if you wish.  To start with try just the torches, left click on the first one and then hold shift and left click on the last one and that will select them all.   Now in the render window, zoom in on any one of those selected lights.  Hold down S key (zoom in on it so there's nothing else in the way like a red trigger box) and left click and drag, you'll see the radius for the light get bigger, it'll do this for all the ones you selected.  Scale them up so that their light radius covers more of the room.  The torches won't be any brighter, but they'll light up a larger area.  So when Delphine "lights" the torches, the light will cover a larger area.  This has the advantages of being completely compatible with the quest and how that plays out.
  3. Add torch sconces.  In the Object window under World Objects > Activators find RemovableTorchSconce01  Drag and place those into the temple where ever you want to add a light.  I'd do just one at first.  Now copy one of those BleakfallsDraugrTorch lights and put it near your sconce.  Right click on the sconce to edit it and go to the Linked Ref tab and right click inside the list area to Add a new link.  In the popup, Select in Render Window and then left click on your light and close.  Now when you put a torch in that sconce it will activate that light, remove the torch and it turns that light off.  Now just copy and paste that set where ever you want another light in the temple.

One thing to keep in mind is that once 5 or more lights are interacting with a single prop (like a wall or floor section) the TES engine starts having trouble figuring out how to illuminate it and you get that flickering effect where sometimes it brightly light and sometimes darkly light.  Only way to fix that is to move lights and tweak their light radius to reduce the number of lights affecting that section.

That's all there is too it.  Hope that was clear.

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Unless you killed off Delphine ?

Three options:

1. Just change the ambient light level.  Load Skyrim.esm and Update.esm (should be all you need IIRC) in CK.  In the Cell View window choose Interiors and then scroll down to SkyHavenTemple and right click on it and select Edit.  Go to the Lighting tab and you'll see that currently there is no template selected.  Open the drop down and pick a nice interior lighting template such as WhiterunIntLightingTemplate and presto, it'll be brighter in there.  Just save your mod as SomeNameYouMadeUp.esp and you're good to go.  If its still not enough you can play with trying out some of the other templates until you find one you like.
  2. Almost as simple as the first option, open the same esm files in CK and this time View the same interior cell.  First, tap the L key so you can see the radii of each light in there (you'll see some blue, yellow and red circles appear around each 'lightbulb' that's roughly how far it casts light.  In the Cell View window scroll down to where you see BleakFallsDraugrTorch01 with a lightbulb symbol next to it.  Below that are a bunch of other lights.  You can select just all the torches or do all the lights if you wish.  To start with try just the torches, left click on the first one and then hold shift and left click on the last one and that will select them all.   Now in the render window, zoom in on any one of those selected lights.  Hold down S key (zoom in on it so there's nothing else in the way like a red trigger box) and left click and drag, you'll see the radius for the light get bigger, it'll do this for all the ones you selected.  Scale them up so that their light radius covers more of the room.  The torches won't be any brighter, but they'll light up a larger area.  So when Delphine "lights" the torches, the light will cover a larger area.  This has the advantages of being completely compatible with the quest and how that plays out.
  3. Add torch sconces.  In the Object window under World Objects > Activators find RemovableTorchSconce01  Drag and place those into the temple where ever you want to add a light.  I'd do just one at first.  Now copy one of those BleakfallsDraugrTorch lights and put it near your sconce.  Right click on the sconce to edit it and go to the Linked Ref tab and right click inside the list area to Add a new link.  In the popup, Select in Render Window and then left click on your light and close.  Now when you put a torch in that sconce it will activate that light, remove the torch and it turns that light off.  Now just copy and paste that set where ever you want another light in the temple.

One thing to keep in mind is that once 5 or more lights are interacting with a single prop (like a wall or floor section) the TES engine starts having trouble figuring out how to illuminate it and you get that flickering effect where sometimes it brightly light and sometimes darkly light.  Only way to fix that is to move lights and tweak their light radius to reduce the number of lights affecting that section.

That's all there is too it.  Hope that was clear.

Thanks I'll definitely give that a try. I was planning a "fixes" mod (mostly a couple faces that I think I can improve upon among the NPCs). I want to ask if, using the same techniques and loading Dawnguard.esm I could improve some of the awful lighting found in Volkihar, Darkfall Cave and the Soul Cairn?

And I wouldn't have "killed" Delphine. Enslaved her, yes, killed her outright, no.

23 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Thanks I'll definitely give that a try. I was planning a "fixes" mod (mostly a couple faces that I think I can improve upon among the NPCs). I want to ask if, using the same techniques and loading Dawnguard.esm I could improve some of the awful lighting found in Volkihar, Darkfall Cave and the Soul Cairn?

Yup, those techniques work anywhere, so you can tweak the lighting in any location.  I have a whole mod of just location tweaks and fixes, including a ton of navmesh fixes.

5 hours ago, 83ilotzent said:

Anyone have access to the old version of PAH home sweet home, the one before 1.12B Musje? @Musje The one right now is bugged alongside with PAHE for some reason.

Not to quibble but I think you mean before 1.21b. I do have a version of 1.20 (I always keep my last working version when I get an update in case I run into an issue). With Musje's permission I can upload it here.

6 hours ago, Psalam said:

Not to quibble but I think you mean before 1.21b. I do have a version of 1.20 (I always keep my last working version when I get an update in case I run into an issue). With Musje's permission I can upload it here.

Yeah that's fine :)

The latest one should work fine, though.

Just now, Fetterbr said:

i cant enter restless house anymore, it just crashes to desktop. I dont know what is going on i was able to enter a week ago but i haven't been there for a while.

Have you changed your load order in the interim? Doing that can frequently lead to that outcome. If so, your best choice would be to start a new game but you can also try getting ReSaver (part of Fallrim Tools) found on Nexus. Using it on your saves is clearly explained on the modpage.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Have you changed your load order in the interim? Doing that can frequently lead to that outcome. If so, your best choice would be to start a new game but you can also try getting ReSaver (part of Fallrim Tools) found on Nexus. Using it on your saves is clearly explained on the modpage.

I normally use loot and i tryed to clean the save with resaver but still have problems. 

1 hour ago, lolokono said:

Can't grab out slaves from restless hunter.When I told "follow me" they walking with me in premise ,but when I try to go out they just stay in home

this problem i have also in other areas, like the lakeview manor addon.  there must be an issue with pahe i use the lateast for SE

3 hours ago, Fetterbr said:

i cant enter restless house anymore, it just crashes to desktop. I dont know what is going on i was able to enter a week ago but i haven't been there for a while.

Did you get the latest SE version of HSH? There are a few previous ports that had the face nifs converted incorrectly, which leads to instant crashes.

As for the slaves not following, that's as designed. The slaves will always stay in the house. If you want to take them woth you, tell them "time to hit the road", and they get transfered to PAHE

1 hour ago, Musje said:

Did you get the latest SE version of HSH? There are a few previous ports that had the face nifs converted incorrectly, which leads to instant crashes.

As for the slaves not following, that's as designed. The slaves will always stay in the house. If you want to take them woth you, tell them "time to hit the road", and they get transfered to PAHE

Can you give me link for hsh? They follow me at home ,but didn't go outside from home

40 minutes ago, lolokono said:

Can you give me link for hsh? They follow me at home ,but didn't go outside from home

That is exactly what Musje was trying to explain to you. That is how HOME sweet HOME works. Within the game cell that you place the HOUSE cell token in the slaves can be controlled by HSH. To take them out of that cell you need to switch them to another mod, particularly, the standard Paradise Halls Enhanced. You do that via the "Time to hit the road" dialogue option. Then the slave will follow you anywhere (as a PAHE slave). When you return to a home in which you have a house cell token you can then tell them "You are going to stay here for a while" and return them to HSH control.

2 hours ago, Musje said:

1.21 is the last version?

3 minutes ago, lolokono said:

Half of them swith to another mod,but other half didn't make it

Are you saying that when you tell your slaves in HSH (not AYGAS) "Time to hit the road slave" only about half of them will obey the command? In that case can you give more details? In what home do you have them? How many are there? And how many total HSH slaves and house cell tokens are you now using?