The list of problematic/unstable adult mods...

Mofme

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I havn't found a list of unstable/problematic adult mods here, and I think such list may be useful, especially for debugging CTDs or broken saves...

First of all I don't want to criticise work of any modder as they are all doing amazing job, but there are some mods that cause trouble OR mods that in specific combination will make the game unstable... I will update this list with your suggestions - just please remark if the stability problems are suspected/confirmed etc

Keep in mind that some of the problems may be present in the specific load orders while not present in another - so Confirmed Issues status is assigned only to the mods that were reported here or on some other forums by several users, and Possible Problems/Conflicts status is assigned to mods that are suspected to cause problems by at least one user (ie. uninstalling the mod solved the problems this user experienced).

Last update: 30.03.2015

1) Bathing Beauties  or Beefcake - Luxury Suite... so many things broken with this mod - starting with dirty edits, through unusual load on Papyrus it also messes NPCs in the game up. Replaced it with Paradise Valley/Underground Bathouse and the stability of my game skyrocketed. - Confirmed issues with the old (current) version - new improved version under development.

2) Hateful Wenchs 1.2 - Emissary Spawns can cause CTDs, even deactivating them may cause CTD when trying to load inside a Draugr Dungeon. Doesn't happen to everyone, but theres a considerable amount of Players having this problem when looking at the Post Section at the Nexusmod - Confirmed issues

3) Estrus for Skyrim - Spams Papyrus, not needed to be active in order for EstrusChaurus to work, reported by FauxFury: "Estrus is completely incompatible with Khajiit. Any attempt to use any of the animations with the race causes CTD as soon as the animation concludes." - Confirmed issues

4) The TBBP Animation of Dragonfly with Butt Bounce - not strictly adult mod, but it's used frequently and most of the time will cause problems with the camera stuck in the third person mode after SexLab scenes - Confirmed issues

5) The Isle of Mara - reported by Dovahkill "The creator of the mod him/herself said, IIRC, that while doing the questline, the game will randomly crash when moving areas or sometimes even talking to NPCs. It's happened to me. There were also many bugs reported in the mod's thread, and while some of them actually didn't affect me in particular, I had a few issues that I didn't see anyone else having, such as CTD when trying to pause the game in certain areas. While it was possible to play through the entire thing, as I did, there was a nearly constant need for saving and using console commands to advance quest stages." - Confirmed issues

6) Ravenous 1.2 - broken quests (issues are confirmed by mod's author in the support topic)  Meat Cellar quest can't be completed without using console commands. Farm cave interior incomplete (don't go through the tunnel inside the cave). No stability issues, and mod is pretty promising though. - Confirmed issues

7) RadiantProstitution together with Immersive Wenches - even after deactivating NPC Scenes in RP I found it to be much more unstable to run those two together. Running only one of them was fine. - Possible probems/conflicts

8) Any combination of the SexLab Defeat (SLD) and Death Alternative  - Your Money or Your Life (DAYMoYL) and Deviously Cursed Loot (DCur) and SexLab Submit (SLS) - these mods are all great (especialy SLD and DCur), but using them together can cause trouble (and WILLl cause trouble with default configuration - CTDs guaranteed during the submission/death secenes). Major tweaking is required - you can turn off the submission features in the DCur but I havn't found any similar workaround when it comes to SLD and DAYMoYL. SL Submit is no longer maintained too. - Possible probems/conflicts

9) Cum Shot Brothel - as soon as player enters the building the message window (place armor on the manequin) starts popping-up every few seconds making the mod unplayable. Perhaps it's a conflict with some other mod, no description of this problem on the forums though. - Possible problems/conflicts

10) Estrus Mimics - possible problems with camera stuck in the third person mode after the scene was played. - Possible problems/conflicts

11) Screenshot Assist - not striclty adult mod, but used frequently. Sometimes it's not possible to turn on the GUI when it was turned off (game restart is necessary), this feature also conflicts with ENB (light starts to flicker with GUI turned off). Also there is a problem with free camera mode - camera becomes stuck in the third person mode. Use with care.- Possible problems/conflicts

12) Prison Overhaul - stability issues, CTDs. Broken quests (sometimes there is no interaction with the prison guard). Please use Prison Overhaul Patches as a remedy (but you can still expect problems and conflicts caused by the Jailer who becomes stuck, kills guards (who attack him as a result of rape on PC - conflict with Spectator Crowds mod etc - most of them easly fixed with Debug options from mod's MCM). - Possible problems/conflicts

13) Branding Device of Doom - cool mod, but it spams papyrus and leads to stability issues. - Possible problems/conflicts

13) Slaverun + Enforcer - no longer maintained. It's better to use Slaverun Reloaded instead (it has less features but is more compatible, more stable and actively supported). - Possible problems/conflicts

14) Wolfclub - NPC go crazy inside the Cragslane Cavern (attack the PC) and quest can't be started - perhaps a conflict with other mod. - Possible problems/conflicts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think having SLD, DAYMoYL and even DCL work together is possible, as there are some workarounds in the settings. There are even some compatibility patches out there. As for Submit, I've never tried it, so I don't really know.

Guest Electriq

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think having SLD, DAYMoYL and even DCL work together is possible, as there are some workarounds in the settings. There are even some compatibility patches out there. As for Submit, I've never tried it, so I don't really know.

I can confirm this, I have all 3 of them and they work nicely together, but it requires a lot of option tweaking, so for people who don't wanna tweak I would just recommend dropping DAYMoYL, it's technically not needed because other mods add similar stuff anyway

When it comes to SLD and DCL, I saw no problems between those 2, maybe I was just lucky with selecting the correct options :D

3.) Hateful Wenchs 1.2 - Emissary Spawns can cause CTDs, even deactivating them may cause CTD when trying to load inside a Draugr Dungeon. Doesnt happen to everyone, but theres a considerable amount of Players having this problem when looking at the Post Section at the Nexusmod.

4.) Estrus for Skyrim - Spams Papyrus, not needed to be active in order for EstrusChaurus to work.

5.) RadiantProstitution together with Immersive Wenches - even after deactivating NPC Scenes in RP I found it to be much more unstable to run those two together. Running only one of them was fine.

I can confirm this, I have all 3 of them and they work nicely together, but it requires a lot of option tweaking, so for people who don't wanna tweak I would just recommend dropping DAYMoYL, it's technically not needed because other mods add similar stuff anyway

When it comes to SLD and DCL, I saw no problems between those 2, maybe I was just lucky with selecting the correct options :D

I'm often running all three together, but some problems remain. Could you make screenshots of your config and post them somewhere, or pm me? I know it's ome work, but it would be very appretiated :)

i have weak cpu

but some tweak in mcm make life easy , disable all thing that need lot of resource or scan every second and disable part that make confilt

and at the and not mix all : play one mod than unistall -> install other or mod orgnisator with profils for each mods

3.) Hateful Wenchs 1.2 - Emissary Spawns can cause CTDs, even deactivating them may cause CTD when trying to load inside a Draugr Dungeon. Doesnt happen to everyone, but theres a considerable amount of Players having this problem when looking at the Post Section at the Nexusmod.

4.) Estrus for Skyrim - Spams Papyrus, not needed to be active in order for EstrusChaurus to work.

5.) RadiantProstitution together with Immersive Wenches - even after deactivating NPC Scenes in RP I found it to be much more unstable to run those two together. Running only one of them was fine.

Thanks. I had stability issues with Estrus as well.

So if I have installed Estrus for Skyrim, and just disable it through Mod Organizer, then EstrusChaurus is gonna work correctly? :o

So if I have installed Estrus for Skyrim, and just disable it through Mod Organizer, then EstrusChaurus is gonna work correctly? :o

i think you just need to disable the ESP cause all you need for estrus chaurus is all in the Data folder of estrus

4) The TBBP Animation of Dragonfly with Butt Bounce - not strictly adult mod, but it's used frequently and most of the time will cause problems with the camera stuck in the third person mode after SexLab scenes - Confirmed issues

Get rid of animated boobs, and be ever happy with HDT boobs. Problem solved. Newest bodyslide lets you create wonderful HDT meshes and in combination with the wonderful skeleton (all in the DL section) you get lifelike jiggle.

Get rid of animated boobs, and be ever happy with HDT boobs. Problem solved. Newest bodyslide lets you create wonderful HDT meshes and in combination with the wonderful skeleton (all in the DL section) you get lifelike jiggle.

Yeah that's right, but this mod is not really used because of TBBP Animation and physics, but because of 360* camera during walking which is cool feature, but causes problems I described... I havn't really found a good direct replacement.

Guest Electriq

I'm often running all three together, but some problems remain. Could you make screenshots of your config and post them somewhere, or pm me? I know it's ome work, but it would be very appretiated :)

Here you go, albums with settings for the 2 mods

Death Alternative Album - The most important part here is the 3rd image, the first and second option on it, if you keep the friendly events ratio too high, you wont get "fun" stuff happen often :)

SexLab Defeat Album - Here the important settings are starting with 4th picture, the "Player As Victim", to not mess with DA you need to disable most of the options as you can see on pictures

When it comes to Deviously Cursed Loot, I really didn't found any issues whatsoever with other mods, so if you have a specific problem with it, I guess you should write about it and I'll take a look at my options

Keep in mind that I am not an expert with this and if anyone has some better tweaks, feel free to correct what you see on the pictures above

11) Branding Device of Doom - cool mod, but it spams papyrus and leads to stability issues. - Possible problems/conflicts

Do you think I'm a mind-reader or something?

Please read the reason for me posting this thread and what "Possible problems/conflicts" mean. I'm not saying it will cause problems to everybody. I'm just saying that this mod caused trouble in my particular install - spamming the papyrus log and leading to crashes. I couldn't get around the problems messing with the load order and I wasn't able detect any conflicts with other mods so I simply got rid of the mod which solved the problem for me. I don't really have time or interest to report issues with mods that are not vital for my game even if they are pretty cool like the Branding Device of Doom.

PS: Also if it was meant to be a plea for help with debugging the mod then this attitude won't get you too far.

11) Branding Device of Doom - cool mod, but it spams papyrus and leads to stability issues. - Possible problems/conflicts

Do you think I'm a mind-reader or something?

Please read the reason for me posting this thread and what "Possible problems/conflicts" mean. I'm not saying it will cause problems to everybody. I'm just saying that this mod caused trouble in my particular install - spamming the papyrus log and leading to crashes. I couldn't get around the problems messing with the load order and I wasn't able detect any conflicts with other mods so I simply got rid of the mod which solved the problem for me. I don't really have time or interest to report issues with mods that are not vital for my game even if they are pretty cool like the Branding Device of Doom.

PS: Also if it was meant to be a plea for help with debugging the mod then this attitude won't get you too far.

In Soviet Russia modders beg USSeRs to post bugs.

I'd include Isle of Mara here. The creator of the mod him/herself said, IIRC, that while doing the questline, the game will randomly crash when moving areas or sometimes even talking to NPCs. It's happened to me.

There were also many bugs reported in the mod's thread, and while some of them actually didn't affect me in particular, I had a few issues that I didn't see anyone else having, such as CTD when trying to pause the game in certain areas. While it was possible to play through the entire thing, as I did, there was a nearly constant need for saving and using console commands to advance quest stages.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go, albums with settings for the 2 mods

Death Alternative Album - The most important part here is the 3rd image, the first and second option on it, if you keep the friendly events ratio too high, you wont get "fun" stuff happen often :)

SexLab Defeat Album - Here the important settings are starting with 4th picture, the "Player As Victim", to not mess with DA you need to disable most of the options as you can see on pictures

When it comes to Deviously Cursed Loot, I really didn't found any issues whatsoever with other mods, so if you have a specific problem with it, I guess you should write about it and I'll take a look at my options

Keep in mind that I am not an expert with this and if anyone has some better tweaks, feel free to correct what you see on the pictures above

This is definitely helpful to see other peoples settings, as DAYMOL and Defeat cause about 90% of my full restarts. If you have time, is there any chance you want to expound further on your reasons for these settings?

To be specific:

Why turn off post-assault events like "Left for Dead", etc.? (I think these are a lot of fun!)

Why set assault to "All Down"?

Also, the only thing I can find even close to a guide (for others having DA/Defeat problems) is this outdated one:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39187-defeatdeath-alternative/

Cliff notes from the post:

Disable Ragdoll

Disable Wound/Exhaust/Stun, and let DA handle bleedout

If you are getting back up before the action starts (according to Gameplayer):

- That happens because you have too many combatants (Deeyock says: might be an old version bug? I don't have this problem. The boys line up!)

- You have settings for ALL DOWN (and it took too long)

- It'll still happen when say you have conjured a helper to fight baddies.

- It'll happen because you set your timers too high in Sexlab as well.

- Basically your going to get up because the amount of time having sex went past the knockdown timer.

- Or the amount of time opponents spent wrapping up the fight took too long.

- It'll happen also when the distance to the player exceeds the hook range as in the case of Archers/Mages

- It'll happen because the AI Package for said npc Too Stronk, like dragons.

Guest Electriq

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

This is definitely helpful to see other peoples settings, as DAYMOL and Defeat cause about 90% of my full restarts. If you have time, is there any chance you want to expound further on your reasons for these settings?

To be specific:

Why turn off post-assault events like "Left for Dead", etc.? (I think these are a lot of fun!)

Why set assault to "All Down"?

Also, the only thing I can find even close to a guide (for others having DA/Defeat problems) is this outdated one:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39187-defeatdeath-alternative/

Cliff notes from the post:

Disable Ragdoll

Disable Wound/Exhaust/Stun, and let DA handle bleedout

If you are getting back up before the action starts (according to Gameplayer):

- That happens because you have too many combatants (Deeyock says: might be an old version bug? I don't have this problem. The boys line up!)

- You have settings for ALL DOWN (and it took too long)

- It'll still happen when say you have conjured a helper to fight baddies.

- It'll happen because you set your timers too high in Sexlab as well.

- Basically your going to get up because the amount of time having sex went past the knockdown timer.

- Or the amount of time opponents spent wrapping up the fight took too long.

- It'll happen also when the distance to the player exceeds the hook range as in the case of Archers/Mages

- It'll happen because the AI Package for said npc Too Stronk, like dragons.

When it comes to Post Assault stuff, all of that is being handled by DAYMoYL, so even if it's disabled in SLD it'll be activated in DAYMoYL, SLD pretty much adds those options to DAYMoYL so the 2 mods can be ran together

I believe the assault on all down is not a big problem even if you change it to something else, I'll come back to you about this when I have access to Skyrim and give you green or red light for changing it, will edit this :)

Ok I took a look at Knock down scenario settings and it seems like they wont mess up if changed to something else, if you wanna keep using All Down, it pretty much gives you a chance to avoid the defeat if followers kill the enemy, the description for other options is pretty good if you wanna change so I would recommend reading it (when you hover the mouse cursor over it in mcm)

In meantime if you have any more questions do ask

[Edit: added all down stuff]

I need to show my wife this. She constantly insists on using Cursed Loot's submission, Defeat,  and Daymol+SD all at the same time for her mod profile...

:o And that works? One time i forgot to disable the function in cursed loot and -the few times my game didn't crash instantly when i got hitten- some weird things happened. It's even in cursed loots description that defeat conflcts except you turn it off.

Btw, many of my problems were gone when i set DA event chance to 0 in defeat, and enabled defeat options in DA. Defeat can send you to Simply Slavery and that way to all additional mods, but i still need DA because defeat doesn't prevent player from dying.

Surrendering via hotkey is no problem though, as long as it's not the same ;)

Archived