The list of problematic/unstable adult mods...

Mofme

1) Bathing Beauties  or Beefcake - Luxury Suite... so many things broken with this mod - starting with dirty edits, through unusual load on Papyrus it also messes NPCs in the game up. Replaced it with Paradise Valley/Underground Bathouse and the stability of my game skyrocketed. - Confirmed issues

2) Hateful Wenchs 1.2 - Emissary Spawns can cause CTDs, even deactivating them may cause CTD when trying to load inside a Draugr Dungeon. Doesn't happen to everyone, but theres a considerable amount of Players having this problem when looking at the Post Section at the Nexusmod - Confirmed issues

3) Estrus for Skyrim - Spams Papyrus, not needed to be active in order for EstrusChaurus to work, reported by FauxFury: "Estrus is completely incompatible with Khajiit. Any attempt to use any of the animations with the race causes CTD as soon as the animation concludes." - Confirmed issues

4) The TBBP Animation of Dragonfly with Butt Bounce - not strictly adult mod, but it's used frequently and most of the time will cause problems with the camera stuck in the third person mode after SexLab scenes - Confirmed issues

5) The Isle of Mara - reported by Dovahkill "The creator of the mod him/herself said, IIRC, that while doing the questline, the game will randomly crash when moving areas or sometimes even talking to NPCs. It's happened to me. There were also many bugs reported in the mod's thread, and while some of them actually didn't affect me in particular, I had a few issues that I didn't see anyone else having, such as CTD when trying to pause the game in certain areas. While it was possible to play through the entire thing, as I did, there was a nearly constant need for saving and using console commands to advance quest stages." - Confirmed issues

6) RadiantProstitution together with Immersive Wenches - even after deactivating NPC Scenes in RP I found it to be much more unstable to run those two together. Running only one of them was fine. - Possible probems/conflicts

7) Any combination of the SexLab Defeat (SLD) and Death Alternative  - Your Money or Your Life (DAYMoYL) and Deviously Cursed Loot (DCur) and SexLab Submit (SLS) - these mods are all great (especialy SLD and DCur), but using them together can cause trouble (and WILLl cause trouble with default configuration - CTDs guaranteed during the submission/death secenes). Major tweaking is required - you can turn off the submission features in the DCur but I havn't found any similar workaround when it comes to SLD and DAYMoYL. SL Submit is no longer maintained too. - Possible probems/conflicts

8) Cum Shot Brothel - as soon as player enters the building the message window (place armor on the manequin) starts popping-up every few seconds making the mod unplayable. Perhaps it's a conflict with some other mod, no description of this problem on the forums though. - Possible problems/conflicts

9) Estrus Mimics - possible problems with camera stuck in the third person mode after the scene was played. - Possible problems/conflicts

10) Screenshot Assist - not striclty adult mod, but used frequently. Sometimes it's not possible to turn on the GUI when it was turned off (game restart is necessary), this feature also conflicts with ENB (light starts to flicker with GUI turned off). Also there is a problem with free camera mode - camera becomes stuck in the third person mode. Use with care.- Possible problems/conflicts

11) Prison Overhaul - stability issues, CTDs. Broken quests (sometimes there is no interaction with the prison guard) - Possible problems/conflicts

12) Branding Device of Doom - cool mod, but it spams papyrus and leads to stability issues. - Possible problems/conflicts

13) Slaverun + Enforcer - no longer maintained. It's better to use Slaverun Reloaded instead (it has less features but is more compatible, more stable and actively supported). - Possible problems/conflicts

14) Wolfclub - NPC go crazy inside the Cragslane Cavern (attack the PC) and quest can't be started - perhaps a conflict with other mod. - Possible problems/conflicts

Cursed Loot's Readme -clearly- discourages using the surrender features with DA or Defeat:

CONFLICTS

also use Combat Surrender as a lightweight alternative for DA (that's a part of what it's meant to be!)
Defeat: It's probably a good idea to disable Cursed Loot's Combat Surrender feature when using this mod, as they offer the same functionality.
Submit: It's probably a good idea to disable Cursed Loot's Combat Surrender feature when using this mod, as they offer the same functionality.

So not sure why this circumstance is even mentioned in the OP as "Possibly Problematic". First because there is nothing "possibly" about it. These mods WILL clash if used together with the Combat Surrender feature enabled. Trust me on that, I wrote the thing after all. But yes, and secondly, your even listing the issue is assuming people don't read ReadMes. Ok, ok, they really don't, you got me there! :P

/re Prison Overhaul: This is probably not taking Inte's half-official continuation of the mod into consideration. I can't confirm this mod being an issue, and I use it lots.

/re Estrus Mimic: No small surprise, the mod didn't get updated in two years. There are not too many mods around that can be safely used two years after their last patch. ;)

/re Slaverun - no offense, but it's nonsensical to enumerate incompatibilities with an abandoned mod if someone else took over its development in a new thread.

/re Hateful Wenches - that's not even an adult mod. :P

So not sure why this circumstance is even mentioned in the OP as "Possibly Problematic". First because there is nothing "possibly" about it. These mods WILL clash if used together with the Combat Surrender feature enabled. Trust me on that, I wrote the thing after all. But yes, and secondly, your even listing the issue is assuming people don't read ReadMes. Ok, ok, they really don't, you got me there! :P

/re Prison Overhaul: This is probably not taking Inte's half-official continuation of the mod into consideration. I can't confirm this mod being an issue, and I use it lots.

/re Estrus Mimic: No small surprise, the mod didn't get updated in two years. There are not too many mods around that can be safely used two years after their last patch. ;)

/re Slaverun - no offense, but it's nonsensical to enumerate incompatibilities with an abandoned mod if someone else took over its development in a new thread.

/re Hateful Wenches - that's not even an adult mod. :P

Hey Kimy thanks for reply, yes, I'm assuming people don't read readme's. I don't. Unless it's clearly stated in the mod's description on a download page (with a big red letters) - it doesn't exist to me ;) - I'm lazy old f*ck like that. Also - I never stated that in this thread I discover something new about the mods I mention - it's rather, it's intended to gather all the information about problematic adult mods (well known or unknown problems) in one place.

Prison Overhaul - I'm not aware of unoficial patches/continuation - I havn't found it in the downloads (perhaps it's somewhere in the forums.

Estrus Mimic - yes, but it's not in the mod's description and 2 years without updates doesn't really make a difference - there are many mods which were not supported for 2+ years, yet work great...

Slaverun - I know, still - but it's not clearly stated in the mod's description it has a direct replacement (unlike in case of other mods) and so it's confusing to newcomers (been there several months ago).

1) Bathing Beauties  or Beefcake - Luxury Suite... so many things broken with this mod - starting with dirty edits, through unusual load on Papyrus it also messes NPCs in the game up. Replaced it with Paradise Valley/Underground Bathouse and the stability of my game skyrocketed. - Confirmed issues

Where do I begin?

1.  "Unusual load on Papyrus."  What does that mean?  Does it mean you counted the number of scripts contained in the mod and thought it was a lot?  Are you aware over 94% of the scripts are one line of code required to trigger something from an AI package or dialogue event?  Are you aware that the mod you used to replace BBLS and saw game stability skyrocket is largely running on decompiled BBLS scripts which you claim creates an unusual load on Papyrus?  I've looked at UBPV.  It is a mix of BBLS and Leveler's tower quests and variables renamed, with decompiled BBLS scripts (and three that were just renamed pex files, not even decompiled).  I know my own code when I'm looking at it.  There's a reason that mod only existed as a BBLS add-on until a Papyrus decompiler was uploaded to the Nexus.  And it isn't the only abode/bathhouse mod for which that is the case.

All except two BBLS scripts are "fire and forget."  Meaning, they trigger something to take place (stripping or an outfit change, for example), then the script unloads from memory.  The commanded bathing and bed-warming scripts run polling for two in-game hours.  Don't use them and it is impossible for BBLS to maintain extra Papyrus overhead.  But, I'd be willing to bet you never saw either of those features slow your system, because the bulk of what occurs is just an AI package.

2.  Five dirty edits.  The objects were touched in the CK but never moved or modified, so it's harmless.  We're talking about little pieces of a shack in the middle of nowhere.  Even so, the dirty edits are gone in the next version.  Someone may see TESvEdit telling them a reference in my mod required a marker to become persistent (for things like teleportation to Breezehome), but that is not a dirty edit.  That's common modding (albeit, I was the first do to it).  Admittedly, the external cell patch plugin (BBLuxurysuiteext.esp) is a hack and contains things like ITM records because it was required to make certain stuff work in Skyrim 1.5 and 1.6.  I'm checking to see if I still need those hacks for the next version.  None of them altered game performance, but I never liked having to run the hacks.  I hope I can kill that exterior patch plugin for the next version.

3.  "Messes NPCs up in the game."  I'm guessing BBLS got blamed for something else causing NPC alteration in your game.  The closest thing to BBLS changing vanilla NPCs would be telling a BBLS innkeeper you want to accept customers, which causes about a hundred NPCs from around Skyrim to occasionally visit the Suite as customers.  It takes place *only* if you are in the Suite's cell and only after certain quest lines are finished.  NPCs get teleported there if you are currently in the Suite's cell and it is their day/time to show up.  When their visit is over or you leave the cell, they are teleported back to their original location.  It only looks like they are using the doors.  I did that for immersion.  They are really teleporting.  Tell an innkeeper to stop accepting customers and all that stuff shuts down, but trust me, it wasn't breaking your game.

4.  "So many things broken with this mod."  I'm cool with people not liking it.  Hell, I stopped modding for a few years, came back and there are things about it I don't like, so I'm changing it.  Time and distance can make us much more objective about our own work.  But, it shouldn't be misrepresented as some kind of game destroyer.   Understand that if you run any scripted or quest mod in a game and then uninstall it, remnants of that mod remain in your game saves.  Install new mods over the top, then rinse and repeat, and any game is going to get bloated by the time your character is level 30.  This will cause slow load times in all cells, particularly if you have auto-save turned on, and occasional CTDs.  Turning off various auto-save options will radically speed up a heavily-modded game.  And probably as a result of menu mode pausing the game, quick saves are much slower than manual saves done through the menu system.  In any case, mods that you think are slowing your system down will often look remarkably performance-friendly when run on a new game play-through.  That tells you performance issues aren't caused by that one particular mod, but rather a compilation of all the mods running and uninstalled during a play-through that is advanced far into the game.

BBLS can slow your game down, but only while you are in the Suite.  If you invite the maximum number of followers to live there plus turn on both male and female customers you will get close to 30 NPCs in one cell with high line-of-sight from almost everywhere.  On top of that, some people use it as a dumping ground for EFF or AFT followers, getting the NPC count up to 50 or more.  It might not be a big deal for a powerful machine with a 4GB graphics card and proper game settings, but for many computers it will result in slow load times entering the Suite and possibly CTDs after sleeping or waiting in the cell, not to mention visual stuttering.  It wasn't this way in late 2012, but since then, things like HDT, HD texture replacers and general NPC appearance modifiers (hair, skin, eyes, etc.) can radically increase the amount of RAM required to run a maxed-out BBLS interior cell.  Leave it at just the original seven NPCs and a minimum requirements laptop will run the Suite's interior cell without ever having a problem.

All options in the next version can be turned on or off via MCM.  You could run the mod so bare bones, it would just be a boring house with a few NPCs living it.  The guts of the mod have been so heavily restructured that there is no upgrade path from 5.1 to 6.  But, I wanted to provide choices, allowing for PC specs variation and compatibility with some mods that have similar competing features.  There's nothing I can do about people turning it into an EFF or AFT dumping ground, but that's a choice some folks will make.

(...)

All options in the next version can be turned on or off via MCM.  You could run the mod so bare bones, it would just be a boring house with a few NPCs living it.  The guts of the mod have been so heavily restructured that there is no upgrade path from 5.1 to 6.  But, I wanted to provide choices, allowing for PC specs variation and compatibility with some mods that have similar competing features.  There's nothing I can do about people turning it into an EFF or AFT dumping ground, but that's a choice some folks will make.

It's cool you are still working on it. But it's also true that previous version caused stability issues which I (and for that matter other people) were able to solve simply by disabling the mod. I understand the new version isn't released yet - as soon as it's released - I'll be glad to check it out and start using it again if I find it stable in my particular configuration (because - unlike you said - I like it, I just found it problematic and I wasn't able to solve the problems in any other way than by disabling it - trust me - I tried.).

PS: Please modders - this thread is just for reporting confirmed/potential problematic mods - just like this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/dangerous_mods_masterlist or this one https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/523890681422555089/ . These issues may or may not occur depending on many variables - like MxR said in one of his videos - "everyone's Skyrim is different". It's not for detailed bug reports or proving there are no problems with the mod (at least not until a new version is released which potentially fixes the problems :)

Prison Overhaul - I'm not aware of unoficial patches/continuation - I havn't found it in the downloads (perhaps it's somewhere in the forums.

This one here: Prison Overhaul Patches (POP) by Inte.

Many new features added to the original PO. Works really well too!

Thanks. I've changed the description and I'll start testing it right away.

<QUOTES DELETED BECAUSE IT WAS GETTING RIDICULOUSLY LONG>

When it comes to Post Assault stuff, all of that is being handled by DAYMoYL, so even if it's disabled in SLD it'll be activated in DAYMoYL, SLD pretty much adds those options to DAYMoYL so the 2 mods can be ran together

I believe the assault on all down is not a big problem even if you change it to something else, I'll come back to you about this when I have access to Skyrim and give you green or red light for changing it, will edit this :)

Ok I took a look at Knock down scenario settings and it seems like they wont mess up if changed to something else, if you wanna keep using All Down, it pretty much gives you a chance to avoid the defeat if followers kill the enemy, the description for other options is pretty good if you wanna change so I would recommend reading it (when you hover the mouse cursor over it in mcm)

In meantime if you have any more questions do ask

[Edit: added all down stuff]

Thanks for that! I've already switched of the "Left" for dead" etc. scenarios. I somehow missed that DA had options for that.

As for all down, I only mentioned it as I assumed it would cause complications (juggling down states, defeat assault timers, etc.). I haven't had any issues with it yet, since my followers are usually about 5 seconds away from going down after I do. Huh, accidental double entendre. Nice.

Two other issues I've had:

DA freezing up at an onDeath event (I had SD enslavement as the only option, which might have caused it, and have since turned on the DA death event as well)

DA spawning me in a crumple on the floor or under a bed in an inn on blackout or death (can't tell which). I don't even have the inn rescue event checked!

• 6 months later...

in Addition:

15: !!!!! "Nasty Critters 9.0-9.3" exactly produces a lot of loading Problems and Framework Problems that have nothing to do with load order (proofed and fixed by deleting that mod simply)

16:ELFX: (no sexlab mod but very highly rated and used, also together with the difficult-to-install "ENB´s"-which causes HIGH FPS drop-downs and dissable the skyrim rain work properly(you can solve that but you have to go for that lot of hours))..loadorder dependent, very difficult to get into the right order and doesn´t work all over the map

17: ENB´s: ...are trouble-makers and cost lot of time for get them work properly, anyway you lose lot of FPS, in Exchange with Little more saturated Pictures (instead I recommend the Imaginator-mod

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I havn't found a list of unstable/problematic adult mods here, and I think such list may be useful, especially for debugging CTDs or broken saves...

First of all I don't want to criticise work of any modder as they are all doing amazing job, but there are some mods that cause trouble OR mods that in specific combination will make the game unstable... I will update this list with your suggestions - just please remark if the stability problems are suspected/confirmed etc

Keep in mind that some of the problems may be present in the specific load orders while not present in another - so Confirmed Issues status is assigned only to the mods that were reported here or on some other forums by several users, and Possible Problems/Conflicts status is assigned to mods that are suspected to cause problems by at least one user (ie. uninstalling the mod solved the problems this user experienced).

Last update: 30.03.2015

1) Bathing Beauties  or Beefcake - Luxury Suite... so many things broken with this mod - starting with dirty edits, through unusual load on Papyrus it also messes NPCs in the game up. Replaced it with Paradise Valley/Underground Bathouse and the stability of my game skyrocketed. - Confirmed issues with the old (current) version - new improved version under development.

2) Hateful Wenchs 1.2 - Emissary Spawns can cause CTDs, even deactivating them may cause CTD when trying to load inside a Draugr Dungeon. Doesn't happen to everyone, but theres a considerable amount of Players having this problem when looking at the Post Section at the Nexusmod - Confirmed issues

3) Estrus for Skyrim - Spams Papyrus, not needed to be active in order for EstrusChaurus to work, reported by FauxFury: "Estrus is completely incompatible with Khajiit. Any attempt to use any of the animations with the race causes CTD as soon as the animation concludes." - Confirmed issues

4) The TBBP Animation of Dragonfly with Butt Bounce - not strictly adult mod, but it's used frequently and most of the time will cause problems with the camera stuck in the third person mode after SexLab scenes - Confirmed issues

5) The Isle of Mara - reported by Dovahkill "The creator of the mod him/herself said, IIRC, that while doing the questline, the game will randomly crash when moving areas or sometimes even talking to NPCs. It's happened to me. There were also many bugs reported in the mod's thread, and while some of them actually didn't affect me in particular, I had a few issues that I didn't see anyone else having, such as CTD when trying to pause the game in certain areas. While it was possible to play through the entire thing, as I did, there was a nearly constant need for saving and using console commands to advance quest stages." - Confirmed issues

6) Ravenous 1.2 - broken quests (issues are confirmed by mod's author in the support topic)  Meat Cellar quest can't be completed without using console commands. Farm cave interior incomplete (don't go through the tunnel inside the cave). No stability issues, and mod is pretty promising though. - Confirmed issues

7) RadiantProstitution together with Immersive Wenches - even after deactivating NPC Scenes in RP I found it to be much more unstable to run those two together. Running only one of them was fine. - Possible probems/conflicts

8) Any combination of the SexLab Defeat (SLD) and Death Alternative  - Your Money or Your Life (DAYMoYL) and Deviously Cursed Loot (DCur) and SexLab Submit (SLS) - these mods are all great (especialy SLD and DCur), but using them together can cause trouble (and WILLl cause trouble with default configuration - CTDs guaranteed during the submission/death secenes). Major tweaking is required - you can turn off the submission features in the DCur but I havn't found any similar workaround when it comes to SLD and DAYMoYL. SL Submit is no longer maintained too. - Possible probems/conflicts

9) Cum Shot Brothel - as soon as player enters the building the message window (place armor on the manequin) starts popping-up every few seconds making the mod unplayable. Perhaps it's a conflict with some other mod, no description of this problem on the forums though. - Possible problems/conflicts

10) Estrus Mimics - possible problems with camera stuck in the third person mode after the scene was played. - Possible problems/conflicts

11) Screenshot Assist - not striclty adult mod, but used frequently. Sometimes it's not possible to turn on the GUI when it was turned off (game restart is necessary), this feature also conflicts with ENB (light starts to flicker with GUI turned off). Also there is a problem with free camera mode - camera becomes stuck in the third person mode. Use with care.- Possible problems/conflicts

12) Prison Overhaul - stability issues, CTDs. Broken quests (sometimes there is no interaction with the prison guard). Please use Prison Overhaul Patches as a remedy (but you can still expect problems and conflicts caused by the Jailer who becomes stuck, kills guards (who attack him as a result of rape on PC - conflict with Spectator Crowds mod etc - most of them easly fixed with Debug options from mod's MCM). - Possible problems/conflicts

13) Branding Device of Doom - cool mod, but it spams papyrus and leads to stability issues. - Possible problems/conflicts

13) Slaverun + Enforcer - no longer maintained. It's better to use Slaverun Reloaded instead (it has less features but is more compatible, more stable and actively supported). - Possible problems/conflicts

14) Wolfclub - NPC go crazy inside the Cragslane Cavern (attack the PC) and quest can't be started - perhaps a conflict with other mod. - Possible problems/conflicts

Archived