6 hours ago, xXDawnCasterXx said:

So I have spoken with several blacksmiths including the Riverwood one and some other smiths, Also checked with the nurse in Whiterun, no one says anything. 

Talk to the male blacksmth in Whiterun, the one inside the shop

8 hours ago, xXDawnCasterXx said:

So I have spoken with several blacksmiths including the Riverwood one and some other smiths, Also checked with the nurse in Whiterun, no one says anything. 

You need to talk to Ulfberth, the smithy in Whiterun. He should have a quest marker.

10 hours ago, Fredfish said:

Hide contents

Talk to the male blacksmth in Whiterun, the one inside the shop

8 hours ago, emily1673 said:

You need to talk to Ulfberth, the smithy in Whiterun. He should have a quest marker.

Spoke with him and nothing, the quest marker is still with Shadowheart

Having a little problem with my girl's hair. Even though we are at the current end of the Dibella Quest, her hair isn't growing. All of the other fashion items have been released, eyeshadow, lipstick, piercings; her hair is neck length, the mirror says there are 48 days until the next update and has said the same thing for over a week. My remembrance from previous playthroughs is that once she goes to see the visagiste the hair growth is released, but that obviously hasn't happened.

1 hour ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Having a little problem with my girl's hair. Even though we are at the current end of the Dibella Quest, her hair isn't growing. All of the other fashion items have been released, eyeshadow, lipstick, piercings; her hair is neck length, the mirror says there are 48 days until the next update and has said the same thing for over a week. My remembrance from previous playthroughs is that once she goes to see the visagiste the hair growth is released, but that obviously hasn't happened.

Did you agree to be a hairstyle model? If so you need the time to expire and if I'm not mistaken waiting will not work you need to pass the time in game (fast travel time will count).

16 hours ago, xXDawnCasterXx said:

Spoke with him and nothing, the quest marker is still with Shadowheart

That's not a NPC from vanilla skyrim, nor from this mod. Probably you have a mod installed that is not compatible with YPS.

10 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Cannot reproduce. Try the quest stages again. Or even a new run through the quest (for testing, you can use "setstage" in the console to advance more quickly).

On 2/5/2024 at 9:05 AM, wareware said:

Added most of the hair in GMsHair aXing.esp to the json file.

The ones I didn't add are commented out at the bottom. I couldn't decide where to place them.

GMsHair aXing.esp.json 4.29 kB · 14 downloads

Could you add this to the latest version? I think the one in 6.6.4 is the old one unless my install got borked.

Also when adding hairstyles to the json do I need to use the editor ID or the name of the headpart?

Hi, I'm currently using a different version of Tullius hair pack 3 smp, it's an edited (and more updated?) version than the version available at https://arca.live/b/tullius/67554609, I have no idea where I originally found it but I still have a download link saved for it, I remember downloading it because I couldn't find the original Tulius hair 3 smp and because the Tulius hair that is linked in the description of this mod is not smp (plus the blog original with the download links was removed), so I created a configuration file for almost all hair types in this edited version of Tulius hair, these being the files linked in this post. My question is whether I can post here the download link for this edited version or not, of course in case of a request from the original author of Tulius hair or the author of the edited version I will remove the download link.

ps. hairs that contains accessories or changes the original hair color were left out of these files, in addition a few hairs have problems with physics so I also left them out, but there were really few of them.

Tullius Hair 3 SMP.esp.json Tullius Hair 3 SMP2.esp.json

Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to change the speed hair growth happens at the different stages beyond what is currently possible in the MCM settings? While the default speeds are good in many cases, I have sometimes found myself wanting the growth to be even faster, especially on the later stages that take longer (Skyrim is a world with magic and where for some of my characters I have reasons I want their hair to grow faster). I didn't want to make more work for Emily who I can see is very busy from reading the other posts in this thread, so I tried looking at the files to see if I edit it myself and just have a second version I use when I want even faster hair growth, but I have no experience with skyrim modding, and couldnt figure out how. If it's easy to add a feature in the MCM or with a json file for us to edit if we want, or if somebody could tell me how I can find and edit the value myself, that would be very appreciated.

Similarly, I was also wondering if it was possible to add even more ways to change the chances of what types of hairstyles get picked when being a hairstyle model, or disable certain types of hairstyles, similar to how its already possible in the MCM with setting a minimum length and changing the chance of mohawk styles. I was wondering about this because I sometimes like using the feature when I'm indecisive, but I also sometimes wish I could temporarily disable certain styles, like perms or ponytails. Taking the idea even further, it could also be nice to be able to change the chances of how many stages get cut if any, but I could understand if that would maybe be more complicated or too much control to add.

I don't know if adding these features or telling me how I can edit things myself would be too much trouble or not. Even if they are, I still want to say thanks for making this mod! I've been enjoying using it a lot as it is already!

Edited by Relinka
31 minutes ago, Relinka said:

Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to change the speed hair growth happens at the different stages beyond what is currently possible in the MCM settings? While the default speeds are good in many cases, I have sometimes found myself wanting the growth to be even faster, especially on the later stages that take longer (Skyrim is a world with magic and where for some of my characters I have reasons I want their hair to grow faster). I didn't want to make more work for Emily who I can see is very busy from reading the other posts in this thread, so I tried looking at the files to see if I edit it myself and just have a second version I use when I want even faster hair growth, but I have no experience with skyrim modding, and couldnt figure out how. If it's easy to add a feature in the MCM or with a json file for us to edit if we want, or if somebody could tell me how I can find and edit the value myself, that would be very appreciated.

Similarly, I was also wondering if it was possible to add even more ways to change the chances of what types of hairstyles get picked when being a hairstyle model, or disable certain types of hairstyles, similar to how its already possible in the MCM with setting a minimum length and changing the chance of mohawk styles. I was wondering about this because I sometimes like using the feature when I'm indecisive, but I also sometimes wish I could temporarily disable certain styles, like perms or ponytails. Taking the idea even further, it could also be nice to be able to change the chances of how many stages get cut if any, but I could understand if that would maybe be more complicated or too much control to add.

I don't know if adding these features or telling me how I can edit things myself would be too much trouble or not. Even if they are, I still want to say thanks for making this mod! I've been enjoying using it a lot as it is already!

Did you try the times ten button? That way you can literally have it set at 100 times the normal speed and be growing a stage every 24-48 hours (depending on how long it is). You just set speed to 10 then click the very fast/x10 button. It really is quite rapid.

Taking the idea even further, it could also be nice to be able to change the chances of how many stages get cut if any,

That's already in the mod. If you say no to hair model then you can select a length to cut the hair to and there's another option to have the hairdresser make all the remaining choices. You even have one more randomiser where you can have them choose the colour randomly after choosing a style.

Edited by Balgin
2 minutes ago, Balgin said:

Did you try the times ten button? That way you can literally have it set at 100 times the normal speed and be growing a stage every 24-48 hours (depending on how long it is). You just set speed to 10 then click the very fast/x10 button. It really is quite rapid.

Yes, I tried setting both "hair growth speed" to 10 and checking "ultra fast hair grow", and that's okay for the earlier stages, where it only takes 1 day, but as it gets to the later stages, it starts to take longer:

11 to 12: takes 2 days

12 to 13: takes 4 days

13 to 14: takes 3 days

14 to 15: takes 4 days

15 to 16: takes 3 days

16 to 17: takes 3 days

17 to 18: takes 2 days

18 to 19: takes 4 days

19 to 20: takes 5 days

20 to 21: takes 7 days

While I know the default jsons don't have as much for many of those later stages, I have modified jsons where I added some hairstyles up to stage 17, but I almost never see those styles with how long it takes, and I would also like the ability for faster growth anyway for RP reasons with some of my characters. I was hoping the fastest growth would be only 1 day even for those later stages, but it's a lot longer for them as you can see. I wouldn't mind having the ability to make it even faster than 1 day for some of the earlier stages, but that is less important to me.

46 minutes ago, Balgin said:

That's already in the mod. If you say no to hair model then you can select a length to cut the hair to and there's another option to have the hairdresser make all the remaining choices. You even have one more randomiser where you can have them choose the colour randomly after choosing a style.

Oh, I didn't realize that, that does give me some more control. After trying it out, it isn't quite the same as I had in mind here, because it doesn't give me quite as much control as I would like. What I had in mind was just making some hair stages more or less likely to be picked than others, or if it's simpler, making cutting a certain amount of stages more or less likely, but also not limiting it to one specific hair stage, where it's still randomized between many of them. Even so, what you pointed out is still a nice feature that could find useful at times, so thank you for pointing it out!

3 hours ago, Relinka said:

Yes, I tried setting both "hair growth speed" to 10 and checking "ultra fast hair grow", and that's okay for the earlier stages, where it only takes 1 day, but as it gets to the later stages, it starts to take longer

There's always the hair growth potions.

After trying it out, it isn't quite the same as I had in mind here, because it doesn't give me quite as much control as I would like. 

What you can do is use the randomiser for inspiration. when it gets to the final confirmation stage you can modify or cancel and then ask for a preview and select the hair model that was randomly chosen to see what it looked like. Once you've experimented a bi and previewed the options, you can give instructions specifying the one that was randomly chosen (or something similar if you felt inspired).

On 3/29/2024 at 10:11 PM, sbvb1290 said:

Did you agree to be a hairstyle model? If so you need the time to expire and if I'm not mistaken waiting will not work you need to pass the time in game (fast travel time will count).

I think you are confusing issues here. The hairstyle model only indicates how long you must retain a particular hairstyle. Don't believe it has anything to do with hair growth per se. That gets locked as soon as your PC puts on the Bra/Belt of Female Curves and, supposedly, gets released once your PC has completed the gender change process and goes to see Yorga in Arcadia's Cauldron, along with the unlocking of makeup, etc.

12 hours ago, GamerB110 said:

Hi, I'm currently using a different version of Tullius hair pack 3 smp, it's an edited (and more updated?) version than the version available at https://arca.live/b/tullius/67554609, I have no idea where I originally found it but I still have a download link saved for it, I remember downloading it because I couldn't find the original Tulius hair 3 smp and because the Tulius hair that is linked in the description of this mod is not smp (plus the blog original with the download links was removed), so I created a configuration file for almost all hair types in this edited version of Tulius hair, these being the files linked in this post. My question is whether I can post here the download link for this edited version or not, of course in case of a request from the original author of Tulius hair or the author of the edited version I will remove the download link.

ps. hairs that contains accessories or changes the original hair color were left out of these files, in addition a few hairs have problems with physics so I also left them out, but there were really few of them.

Tullius Hair 3 SMP.esp.json 7.53 kB · 0 downloads Tullius Hair 3 SMP2.esp.json 5.41 kB · 0 downloads

Hey i was having trouble with the link of the edited version, so i re-uploaded it and I'm posting it here, but again, in case of any request by any owner of the file or @emily1673 I'll remove the link and/or the file itself.

https://mega.nz/folder/4f1CRahJ#nB524PD3rfeyo3zdvNaI8Q

Forgot to mention before, but this pack is for SE and probably AE too.

Edited by GamerB110
Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 9:45 PM, wareware said:

Could you add this to the latest version? I think the one in 6.6.4 is the old one unless my install got borked.

Also when adding hairstyles to the json do I need to use the editor ID or the name of the headpart?

Thanks for the reminder, will add them to the next update.

13 hours ago, GamerB110 said:

Thanks for the configuration files. Will add them to the update as well.

8 hours ago, Relinka said:

Yes, I tried setting both "hair growth speed" to 10 and checking "ultra fast hair grow", and that's okay for the earlier stages, where it only takes 1 day, but as it gets to the later stages, it starts to take longer

What you could do, is to change the hair length of each stage. But I did this feature long ago and wasn't smart enough to store these in a json file. You will find the hair length list in the hair script. So it is possible to just edit the script and recompile it. (Changing the configuration to a json file is also possible, but other things have higher priority for me right now.)

What would be easy though, is to increase the maximum possible hairgrowth speed in MCM. That's just 1 minute work, and I can do it in the next update.

Edited by emily1673
7 hours ago, emily1673 said:

What you could do, is to change the hair length of each stage. But I did this feature long ago and wasn't smart enough to store these in a json file. You will find the hair length list in the hair script. So it is possible to just edit the script and recompile it. (Changing the configuration to a json file is also possible, but other things have higher priority for me right now.)

What would be easy though, is to increase the maximum possible hairgrowth speed in MCM. That's just 1 minute work, and I can do it in the next update.

Thank you for the information and for considering my suggestion! Because you plan to increase the maximum hairgrowth speed in the next update, I'll wait for that, but I appreciate the information on what can be changed in the files too. I may take a look at that if I want to adjust it more after the update.

12 hours ago, wareware said:

Added most of the hair from Dint's Hairpack02 to the json. The ones I didn't add are commented out at the bottom

[dint999] HairPack02.esp.json 3.72 kB · 5 downloads

That's a really nicely put together file. I'd query some of the lengths. Also you seem to have included some hair numbers that aren't available in any publicly available version of the mod that I'm aware of so I'm tweaking a version for my own personal use.

Hey @emily1673! Hard work as always. Are you planning to add a fashion feature for fNPC? Obviously, regular checks will put a lot of load on the game. But there may be a check once for each FNPC in the some radius, after which a random set of your tattoos will be applied. And they will be with the given random set without updating, maybe after a dialogue with the PC only about lipstick or something else.

Edited by Alis_999
42 minutes ago, wareware said:

Interesting. That's the same version I have. For some reason certain hairs aren't showing up (number 7, numbers over 30 and one where you wrote frathers when you might have meant feathers). So far for my version I haven't changed any of the lengths yet but I've added the three sleek shoulder length bobs (12-14) as buzzed nape cut options because they look right (if a bit on the long side). I'll go through and make some more tweaks to my personal tastes. You've done a really good job here 'though. So far I'd gone through and filmed them all in racemenu to judge the lengths and style categories and made a partial (but incomplete) file that I was still working on. You've saved me a lot of time and effort.

19 minutes ago, Balgin said:

I added onto the previously existing file so the missing ones might be from an earlier version. You can just load the hair models in outfit studio with a body reference to measure their lengths.

30 minutes ago, wareware said:

I added onto the previously existing file so the missing ones might be from an earlier version. You can just load the hair models in outfit studio with a body reference to measure their lengths.

This is true. I think number 7 was from version 0.9 of hair pack 2 and was removed (for some reason) from version 1.1. I know I had to remove 1 or 2 models from my older work in progress file when I updated from version 0.9.