Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

For the idle dialogue fix, would this work?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/96opc6/comment/e448xxk/

I'm sure there are a few seasoned modders that have already solved the problem of idle dialogue and NPC fidgeting. It's just about reaching out to them/finding them and giving them enough leprechaun gold until they divulge their secrets.

Not sure whether this fix will work out.

Theoretically, I know that there must be a solution. The problem is that my modding time is limited, so I tend to fix things only if they are easy to fix, or if they are really game-breaking. Instead of begging other modders for help, I try to spend more time on development. It's a tricky balance. But in any case, I am always happy if people from the community point out solutions, which may speed things up a lot. :)

29 minutes ago, tester86 said:

I played this mod years ago and like others I was happy to see in continued. I started a new playthrough and now, like my in game character, I am annoyed. I've read I just need to talk to people over and over as I walk through town. The first one came through with the try to avoid no problem. The problem is on the I am annoyed stage I've set quest speed to 3 and have literally talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run... 17 days now and no one gives the second step to advance this quest. Am I missing something? This quest should not be this hard. It went from a fun quest to not fun at all and I'm sure that is not the intent. Is there a setstage I can do to skip this one part? Thanks for the great mod and any help.

Sorry for your problems. That is a known issue. Progressing the quest at this stage depends on the time of day. So you shouldn't wait for 24 hours, but rather for 8 or 12 hours.

But I know that quest stage is too difficult to progress, and plan to make this part easier in the future. Though, first I need to finish the remaining few stages of the quest to get out of alpha into beta, so I can start working on these issues.

You can also use the console to advance the quest from stage 460/465 to stage 470. The quest ID is xx075ed5

Edited by emily1673
18 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Sorry for your problems. That is a known issue. Progressing the quest at this stage depends on the time of day. So you shouldn't wait for 24 hours, but rather for 8 or 12 hours.

But I know that quest stage is too difficult to progress, and plan to make this part easier in the future. Though, first I need to finish the remaining few stages of the quest to get out of alpha into beta, so I can start working on these issues.

You can also use the console to advance the quest from stage 460/465 to stage 470. The quest ID is xx075ed5

Edited 18 hours ago by emily1673

Thank you very much. I was not aware of the time of day feature so I kept using the same time of day. I switched to  doing it on a 23 hour cycle, counting down from 9 PM until I found someone. I greatly appreciate your help and your mod. I have to say I was expecting something different...

Spoiler

Going back to the young lady that started it all I was sure she was going to tell me when I finally got done with everything and returned to my lover that she was going to laugh in my face and say something like, "I can't believe you did all this. It was a joke. I love tricking men into going all the way. It doesn't happen often, when was the last time, like six years and two months ago." To have it all be just a practical joke. I was certain that was the outcome when the city official changing my names gave that six year timeframe. 

Again, thank you for your wonderful mod. 

After playing the Dibella Quest at least 15 times with never getting the Bra and Belt of Female Curves to show up on my character, this last playthrough finally had it happen. Not sure what I did differently - load order, different modlist - but there they were.  Great. So I keep on playing, get to the stage after recovering from the second operation and... nothing. My PC gets her new name, checks into the Bannered Mare, and goes to sleep. When she wakes up, no advancing to the next stage, no message to do anything. Using "Setstage" in the console I was able to move on, even got the message to see Acolyte Jennsen about my feet. When my PC went to see him everything seemed to go well but the bondage boots, which were supposed to have spontaneously removed themselves from her feet, were still there. Consequently, she was not able to put on the medical (removable) boots and so, she can't paint her toenails - big fashion debuff. Tried doing "Setstage" to stage 1310 to see if the game would complete that stage correctly but no luck. Is there some way I can use a console command to remove the bondage boots? Even with the boot problem I was able to complete the Quest to its current end.

Has anyone completed the Quest using the option - get your nipples pierced? I tried it just see what would happen. Although supposedly Tris puts studs in after she does the piercings, none of them show up. The earring piercings showed as soon as Corpulus did them, bot not the body piercings. Is this a known issue or am I having the same problem that i used to have with the Bra and Belt of Female Curves not showing up?

Side note: to anyone using "Go To Bed" with this mod - when you try to go to bed while wearing the Bra and Belt of Female Curves, if they are visible you might get a series of message boxes trying to resolve the conflict between "Go To Bed" trying to strip your PC and the cursed items not being removable. Go into "Go To Bed"s MCM and click on the Sleepwear option. Scroll down the list of armor slots to the bottom. Disable slot 49 or 56 (don't remember which. It's the secondary chest slot). Then disable slots 59 and 61, the Belt and bondage boots slots.

Similar problem if you are using  "Bathing in Skyrim" - use armor slot 56 for Bra, slot 49 for Belt and slot 37 for boots.

Edited by KentuckyExpat
ADDITIONAL MATERIAL
On 3/7/2024 at 4:41 PM, Karkhel said:

The link is busted but anyone can just click on your profile to get it, anyway thanks for updating it I'm gonna install it next time I play, YPS is getting some interesting features with dialogues ever since it came back from the slumber so its nice having those voiced.

BTW for anyone else wondering, you can use these on LE as with other voice packs just use SE BSA unpacker and then use LE BSA program to pack it up and make your own dummy files or leave them as loose files, no dummy files needed then but might impact loading times. As for DBVO for YPS I haven't tried nor am I going to since it uses different voice than the one I have but DBVO itself DOES work on LE including mods from loverslab.

Thanks for pointing that out.

19 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

After playing the Dibella Quest at least 15 times with never getting the Bra and Belt of Female Curves to show up on my character, this last playthrough finally had it happen. Not sure what I did differently - load order, different modlist - but there they were.  Great. So I keep on playing, get to the stage after recovering from the second operation and... nothing. My PC gets her new name, checks into the Bannered Mare, and goes to sleep. When she wakes up, no advancing to the next stage, no message to do anything. Using "Setstage" in the console I was able to move on, even got the message to see Acolyte Jennsen about my feet. When my PC went to see him everything seemed to go well but the bondage boots, which were supposed to have spontaneously removed themselves from her feet, were still there. Consequently, she was not able to put on the medical (removable) boots and so, she can't paint her toenails - big fashion debuff. Tried doing "Setstage" to stage 1310 to see if the game would complete that stage correctly but no luck. Is there some way I can use a console command to remove the bondage boots? Even with the boot problem I was able to complete the Quest to its current end.

Has anyone completed the Quest using the option - get your nipples pierced? I tried it just see what would happen. Although supposedly Tris puts studs in after she does the piercings, none of them show up. The earring piercings showed as soon as Corpulus did them, bot not the body piercings. Is this a known issue or am I having the same problem that i used to have with the Bra and Belt of Female Curves not showing up?

Side note: to anyone using "Go To Bed" with this mod - when you try to go to bed while wearing the Bra and Belt of Female Curves, if they are visible you might get a series of message boxes trying to resolve the conflict between "Go To Bed" trying to strip your PC and the cursed items not being removable. Go into "Go To Bed"s MCM and click on the Sleepwear option. Scroll down the list of armor slots to the bottom. Disable slot 49 or 56 (don't remember which. It's the secondary chest slot). Then disable slots 59 and 61, the Belt and bondage boots slots.

The problem that the quest does not progress at that stage was reported before. It's likely a mod conflict. IIRC the user who reported it also had "Go To Bed" installed.

Piercings not showing up is an old problem, not related to the quest. Sometimes frequent (re)loading helps. Or define the items in the json file (but for SE you need to use hex numbers instead of decimals).

1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

The problem that the quest does not progress at that stage was reported before. It's likely a mod conflict. IIRC the user who reported it also had "Go To Bed" installed.

Piercings not showing up is an old problem, not related to the quest. Sometimes frequent (re)loading helps. Or define the items in the json file (but for SE you need to use hex numbers instead of decimals).

Which .json file? And where is it located?

Another concern. The entries in the "Thoughts" database related to relationships are triggering too soon. My PC had barely had sex with Lena when I started getting "thoughts" about how well our relationship was progressing. A few days game-time later, I'm getting messages about how our relationship is cooling. We haven't had two times in bed together at that point.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Which .json file? And where is it located?

See "Item Configuration" in the mod description.

17 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Another concern. The entries in the "Thoughts" database related to relationships are triggering too soon. My PC had barely had sex with Lena when I started getting "thoughts" about how well our relationship was progressing. A few days game-time later, I'm getting messages about how our relationship is cooling. We haven't had two times in bed together at that point.

Change the "Love Buff Diminish Time" in MCM.

Or edit the thought database json.

But you are right; during the quest, the love buff should stay at the initial stage for a longer time: will fix that in an update.

Edited by emily1673

Hey Emily, I had an idea. Currently we have added fashion thoughts for things the character used to have ("I miss my long hair" etc). Would it be possible to have those messages be related to which forms of fashion addiction the character ahs enabled in the MCM so they only miss things that they're addicted to and don't miss things that weren't that important to them in the first place? Just a thought.

Hi there,

a little feedback on the Dibella questline (v6.6.3). New game, Skyrim SE (not AE). 400+ mods.

- I saw only 2 text issues, which is remarkable with this amount of text.

YPS04DibellaFollowerView5LenaBranch2Topic13 "But I ..." Here there is the player answer added to the end of the NPC's text (I will think about it)

The other one I can't find unfortunately, but it was a typo for then-them. I don't remember which. :(

I'd like to mention, that I absolutely appreciate that there are no missing punctuation marks. It is also quite well written, doesn't feel too forced.

- The first hairgrow event was quite a failure. Instead of a long hair, my character ended up with some ugly vanilla shoulder length hair. I had only the KS Hairdos SMP installed, the requirements doesn't say I need the regular one too.

Since I disliked the ugly vanilla hair, I showracemenu-d some short black SMP hair. This probably led to some other issues.

- during the haircut event in Riften, my character wore the DB hood. Usually the mod warns if someone is in the way (gloves for nails for example) and refuses to advance. So I was a little surprised that the whole event just went ahead and completed. When I removed the hood, I had the same hair I set up in racemenu. The color was black. When I got the Hairbrush, I used it and the color turned to pink. Later (next play session?) I noticed that the hair color is back to black. According to the yps NPC's the hair is pink.

- I had a small initial issue with the eyeshadow and the lipstick, they did not appear on the character. I had to force Slave stats to find this mod as a tat source, that solved it.

- the herbal potion is a bit confusing, it is unclear what it does

- The new stocking system worked w/o issue on SE.

Hi,

I think there were a couple posts a few years ago asking about this, but I don't remember seeing anyone confirming if it was possible or not - has anyone gotten the makeup and piercings to work with a Charmer's of the Reach (CoTR) character face/head? If I remember right it seemed like the CoTR faces and heads are lined up differently enough that the makeup just didn't work right. 

I have a feeling it would require some changes to the texture/positioning of the make up textures (and maybe piercings) to work (and in my limited attempt to muck with the textures I didn't have much luck.)  If someone managed to make it work, I'd love to know more about what was required.  Follow up question, if you did get it to work was it possible to make it work for both normal races and the CotR custom race at the same time - or if you did make changes would it basically end up working for CotR but then break for all standard faces?

Also, quick thanks to Emily1673 for continuing to work on this!

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Vbarding said:

Hi,

I think there were a couple posts a few years ago asking about this, but I don't remember seeing anyone confirming if it was possible or not - has anyone gotten the makeup and piercings to work with a Charmer's of the Reach (CoTR) character face/head? If I remember right it seemed like the CoTR faces and heads are lined up differently enough that the makeup just didn't work right. 

I have a feeling it would require some changes to the texture/positioning of the make up textures (and maybe piercings) to work (and in my limited attempt to muck with the textures I didn't have much luck.)  If someone managed to make it work, I'd love to know more about what was required.  Follow up question, if you did get it to work was it possible to make it work for both normal races and the CotR custom race at the same time - or if you did make changes would it basically end up working for CotR but then break for all standard faces?

Also, quick thanks to Emily1673 for continuing to work on this!

Thanks!

Not seen anything, it is what is preventing me going CotR!

11 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

After enough quaffings, certain things happen... just keep drinking it.

Sorry, I didn't explain it more clearly. None of the text in the mod hints what is happening. The player has no idea if he/she should drink or not drink, which will advance the quest. As a player I can see the point of not drinking for various reasons. I can also see the point of drinking.

Also, if the quest advances only if you drink, then what is the point of it? I don't think anyone wants to softlock the quest by not advancing it. I'd say there should be some better way to make the player drink, for example some increasingly strong, visible debuffs. Just some random ideas: 

- "You are so horny, you can't think straight!" - -20% xp/day if you don't drink. So if you choose 5 times that you don't drink, your skills stop to advance.

- "The worn devices make resting very hard." - -20% stamina regen/day  and/or  some visual effect, tunnel vision, slight blur.

I got to the part where I learned what the potion was, but it was pure luck, sometimes I drank, sometimes I didn't.

11 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Sorry, I didn't explain it more clearly. None of the text in the mod hints what is happening. The player has no idea if he/she should drink or not drink, which will advance the quest. As a player I can see the point of not drinking for various reasons. I can also see the point of drinking.

Also, if the quest advances only if you drink, then what is the point of it? I don't think anyone wants to softlock the quest by not advancing it. I'd say there should be some better way to make the player drink, for example some increasingly strong, visible debuffs. Just some random ideas: 

- "You are so horny, you can't think straight!" - -20% xp/day if you don't drink. So if you choose 5 times that you don't drink, your skills stop to advance.

- "The worn devices make resting very hard." - -20% stamina regen/day  and/or  some visual effect, tunnel vision, slight blur.

I got to the part where I learned what the potion was, but it was pure luck, sometimes I drank, sometimes I didn't.

If I understand you correctly, you are not getting a message approximately once a day to the effect that you are feeling uneasy and it is suggested that you drink a hit of the potion.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:16 PM, Balgin said:

Hey Emily, I had an idea. Currently we have added fashion thoughts for things the character used to have ("I miss my long hair" etc). Would it be possible to have those messages be related to which forms of fashion addiction the character ahs enabled in the MCM so they only miss things that they're addicted to and don't miss things that weren't that important to them in the first place? Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion. Theoretically that would be possible, but it would be quite some effort. It is much easier just to remove unwanted conditions (like "ypsHadLongHair") from ypsThought_conditions.json

On 3/12/2024 at 2:07 AM, monsta88 said:

- I saw only 2 text issues, which is remarkable with this amount of text.

YPS04DibellaFollowerView5LenaBranch2Topic13 "But I ..." Here there is the player answer added to the end of the NPC's text (I will think about it)

The other one I can't find unfortunately, but it was a typo for then-them. I don't remember which. :(

I'd like to mention, that I absolutely appreciate that there are no missing punctuation marks. It is also quite well written, doesn't feel too forced.

- The first hairgrow event was quite a failure. Instead of a long hair, my character ended up with some ugly vanilla shoulder length hair. I had only the KS Hairdos SMP installed, the requirements doesn't say I need the regular one too.

Since I disliked the ugly vanilla hair, I showracemenu-d some short black SMP hair. This probably led to some other issues.

- during the haircut event in Riften, my character wore the DB hood. Usually the mod warns if someone is in the way (gloves for nails for example) and refuses to advance. So I was a little surprised that the whole event just went ahead and completed. When I removed the hood, I had the same hair I set up in racemenu. The color was black. When I got the Hairbrush, I used it and the color turned to pink. Later (next play session?) I noticed that the hair color is back to black. According to the yps NPC's the hair is pink.

- I had a small initial issue with the eyeshadow and the lipstick, they did not appear on the character. I had to force Slave stats to find this mod as a tat source, that solved it.

Thanks for pointing out the typos.

Hairgrowth: The regular KS hairdos is not required but strongly recommended. Alternatively, you could add some missing standard hairstyles to the configuration file KSHairdosSMP.esp.json ("12st", "15st", "16st"

18 hours ago, monsta88 said:

If you continuously drink the potion, something will happen.

If you continuously refuse to drink the potion, something else will happen.

5 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Theoretically that would be possible, but it would be quite some effort. It is much easier just to remove unwanted conditions (like "ypsHadLongHair") from ypsThought_conditions.json

Or even to temporarily remove them and have a backup file in a separate folder (then restoring them if switching to another character or if you want the character to start missing a feature again).

Hi Emily,

I found a minor issue to report is that it seems the mod is still update the hair after the player has died, this will lead to problem when the player is decapitated, updating hair will lead to the hair floating. I have confirmed that changing L844 of ypsHairScript.psc from 

if AlreadyDidHairCheck && ( PlayerActor.IsOnMount() || (MCMValues.HelmetPreventsHaircheck && (PlayerActor.GetWornForm(kSlotMask31) != NONE)) )

to

if PlayerActor.isDead() || AlreadyDidHairCheck && ( PlayerActor.IsOnMount() || (MCMValues.HelmetPreventsHaircheck && (PlayerActor.GetWornForm(kSlotMask31) != NONE)) )
could solve this issue. Would you please consider accept this minor fix? Thanks!

On 3/13/2024 at 3:04 AM, emily1673 said:

If you continuously drink the potion, something will happen.

If you continuously refuse to drink the potion, something else will happen.

Interesting. That explains the vague presentation. :)

For stage  950 of yps04dibellafollower, after getting either ray or lena as boyfriend/girlfriend. is there a trick to getting the quest to progress? I've gone through all the dialogue multiple times, and am wondering if the options that end with "I'm not in the mood right now" are the ones I need to find a way past to progress? I dug through the mod and code a bit looking for a clue but didn't feel like spending too much time on it since I didn't want everything given away. Anyway, just wondering if I'm at least on the right track to the next stage.

10 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

For stage  950 of yps04dibellafollower, after getting either ray or lena as boyfriend/girlfriend. is there a trick to getting the quest to progress? I've gone through all the dialogue multiple times, and am wondering if the options that end with "I'm not in the mood right now" are the ones I need to find a way past to progress? I dug through the mod and code a bit looking for a clue but didn't feel like spending too much time on it since I didn't want everything given away. Anyway, just wondering if I'm at least on the right track to the next stage.

There is a trick. You go into the MCM and reduce the wait time for being in a relationship from 24 hours to 0 hours. Or you just wait 'til the next day and try again. I believe the waiting time between successful flirts is 4 hours if you're not in a relationship and 24 if you are in one but you can adjust both of those in the MCM if you want to speed things up a bit. If they say they're not in the mood it's because it's still on cooldown from the last time.

Edited by Balgin
On 2/22/2024 at 10:15 PM, emily1673 said:

Thank you for your feedback. Very unlikely that the issues you mention are caused by YPS. You might try to downgrade YPS to a previous version and see whether the problem persists.

I think Immersive Interactions tries to start animations when YPS is already playing. Or maybe it is another mod, but Immersive Interactions does have an 'unstuck' button in their MCM and that works either way.

Hello Emily,

the Follower of Dibella quest stopped advancing (new game, v6.6.3, SE (not AE). I wonder if I reached the end of the finished content. I am on stage 942 (1).

Spoiler

I went back to Lena and I had the flirt options. I managed to do it a few times successfully (SL Scene).

Are there more stages ready? According to player.sqs, there should be a lot more, but I don't want to advance it with console if I don't have to.

I also have vague memories that I read or heard somewhere that the

Spoiler

Ancient Foot Device opens when the high heel training is complete. My character now has Bondage feet but the device is still on and I can't unlock it.

Do I remember wrong? Or this should come off as the quest advances?

12 hours ago, Balgin said:

There is a trick. You go into the MCM and reduce the wait time for being in a relationship from 24 hours to 0 hours. Or you just wait 'til the next day and try again. I believe the waiting time between successful flirts is 4 hours if you're not in a relationship and 24 if you are in one but you can adjust both of those in the MCM if you want to speed things up a bit. If they say they're not in the mood it's because it's still on cooldown from the last time.

Didn't even notice those options, but persistence and patience paid off as it usually does.