On 2/28/2024 at 5:17 PM, emily1673 said:

Possibly not a bug then, but intended.

The intended behavior is: During the quest stages when talking with Yorcyn, the player will get a more intensive form of fashion addiction, which means that they must wear nail polish (or nail oil) and eyeshadow (or anti-ageing cream) and lipstick (or lip balm). If only one of these conditions is not met, they suffer from the -11 fashion level debuff.

There should be pop-ups that communicate that clearly, but maybe they are not clear enough. Or the debuff is too harsh.

I might modify this, but the higher priority now is to get the quest finished at all.

In that case it might not be working properly. I'm basically getting this constantly. Now this only applies to girls who decide not to renew one of the fashion features with Yorcyn (even if then then apply them later). 

YorcynBug.jpg.168a5c3d97a0348f107be6513c7e958a.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Balgin said:

In that case it might not be working properly. I'm basically getting this constantly. Now this only applies to girls who decide not to renew one of the fashion features with Yorcyn (even if then then apply them later). 

Try to wear fingernail polish and toenail polish.

In any case, it seems that the current system is too harsh, I might tone this down a bit in the future (like just giving a -3 debuff for each condition that is not met).

Edited by emily1673
1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

Try to wear fingernail polish and toenail polish.

In any case, it seems that the current system is too harsh, I might tone this down a bit in the future (like just giving a -3 debuff for each condition that is not met).

I think the professional manicure isn't being detected as fingernail polish and toenail polish. I experienced this before with Wartales not recognising a professional manicure as both fingers and toes (and counting both as empty). Now it seems to be the case with Yorcyn's professional manicure as well.

This could be the issue people are encountering.

First of Compliments on this mod. took me some reading when i messed it up with the MCM hair database, but got it running. now i want to restart the pierced quest cause it got bugged and had to reinstall. bugged because of the hair database.  is there a command to restart this quest?

enb2024_3_3_14_48_17.png

On 3/1/2024 at 1:18 AM, ArgyleSmith said:

I found there are at least two other gender change mods available at LL. There's "Sexlab Hormones," which allows a modified quest associated with the Markarth Temple of Dibella. This mod by itself allows a gradual MtF change culminating an irreversible F ending (in-between options also available AWA Bimbofication). A mod called "YPTG" makes the change sudden and permanent. A modification of YPTG (different mod) ends reliance on Sexlab Hormones.

The big caveat: I haven't been able to get the dialog options to work except near the beginning stages (for any of them!). Maybe something to do with SE not handling things well, or maybe a mod conflict (I'm poor at diagnosing such problems and not much better when it comes to asking for help with them).

Integration might be easier than adding features wholesale to YPS. Or not. But I suspect a successful integration would interest quite a few people, so that's why I mention it.

I'm not sure if you understand what I am asking about. YPS already does what those other two mods do. What I was asking for was some slight modifications to, principally, dialogue, that would, if desired, allow the gender change to be a total change. Right now, following the second operation, the now-female player character is told by Danica or Ahlam that the PC is, for all intents and purposes, a female at least with respect to her appearance - breasts, a vagina, overall body shape - but that the player will not be able to conceive nor will she experience a menstrual cycle as there is no uterus or ovaries.

Remember, while the Corset of Female Curves (or whatever the name is) was supposed to only provide the illusion of a female body, once the PC has decided to go ahead with the second operation, when the chastity belt is removed the doctor comments about how the illusion of a female body has transmogrified into a real female body. There is no reason that the external changes can't be duplicated by internal changes. Following the operation, either the doctor or Danica or the nurse can explain that, while the external changes are present now, the PC can also expect that over time internal changes will begin to occur. Further explanation can include explaining that, since the testes were removed, the uninhibited production of female hormones from the dispensers the doctor implanted during the breast surgery will trigger the vestigial female reproductive organs to fully develop into a working female reproductive system. The PC will, over time, become a fully functional female.

Alternatively, just keep the existing stages, adding a line or two of dialogue where Danica or Ahlam tells the PC that she is, for all intents and purposes, a female at least with respect to her appearance - breasts, a vagina, overall body shape - but that the player will not be able to conceive nor will she experience a menstrual cycle as there is no uterus or ovaries.  The added dialogue would direct the PC to the Temple in Markarth where the high priestess can offer the PC the chance to become a fully functional female through some mechanism or other.

Not every player might be interested in this development, so there can be a branch starting just after the operation, where one branch follows the current stages and another follows one of the suggested routes above.

Not being a modder, I can't say how difficult integrating another mod into YPS would be. From reading posts in other mods, my impression is that many modders resist doing that because of potential problems the integration can create. I just think that creating a new branch would be simpler and less likely to introduce problems.

Something you may want to look into to snaz up the nail care system.

Female Hands Redone

Aside from them simply working without much effort in terms of installation with CBBE, 3BA and BHUNP, the great new thing about them, on top of it being a fully morphable hand model, is that it has bodyslides for both the length and pointiness/clawness of nails. The author has also provided bodyslides for vanilla "open finger" gloves.

So if racemenu integration for it is done, you can add nail growth to the immersive fashion system and since the nails and length of the nails are part of the models morphing itself, adding color to nails with slavetats should become far simpler, the coloring should simply morph with the nail part of the model.

I've already tested the "classic" nail coloring with them and other than in some select cases seeing bleed through from not perfectly matching models, it works perfectly fine in the classic way too.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Not every player might be interested in this development, so there can be a branch starting just after the operation, where one branch follows the current stages and another follows one of the suggested routes above.

Not being a modder, I can't say how difficult integrating another mod into YPS would be. From reading posts in other mods, my impression is that many modders resist doing that because of potential problems the integration can create. I just think that creating a new branch would be simpler and less likely to introduce problems.

It seems what you are suggesting is just a few questlines, letting the player running around Skyrim, talking to a few people, and some dialogue. That is quite easy to do, but in my concept would be better saved up for a follow-up quest.

As many other scripters, I prefer to have everything together in a single mod (which makes life a lot easier). But it would be easy for a modder to create an additional extra mod with some dialogues, as long as no YPS NPCs would be involved.

6 hours ago, Enlightnd said:

Female Hands Redone

Aside from them simply working without much effort in terms of installation with CBBE, 3BA and BHUNP, the great new thing about them, on top of it being a fully morphable hand model, is that it has bodyslides for both the length and pointiness/clawness of nails. The author has also provided bodyslides for vanilla "open finger" gloves.

So if racemenu integration for it is done, you can add nail growth to the immersive fashion system and since the nails and length of the nails are part of the models morphing itself, adding color to nails with slavetats should become far simpler, the coloring should simply morph with the nail part of the model.

I've already tested the "classic" nail coloring with them and other than in some select cases seeing bleed through from not perfectly matching models, it works perfectly fine in the classic way too.

Thanks for pointing this out! I've seen mod already. If there are nail length morphs in this mod, it would be possible to allow the mod to let the nails grow. That would be a very cool addition to YPS!

17 minutes ago, Tarath said:

Been loving this mod @emily1673
I was wondering if you could incorporate the Hairtsyle change animations in this mod Let Your Hair Down at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) into yours, if there are open permissions?

I tried that already, but so far couldn't make it work.

Edited by emily1673
28 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

Thanks for pointing this out! I've seen mod already. If there are nail length morphs in this mod, it would be possible to allow the mod to let the nails grow. That would be a very cool addition to YPS!

Can you access morphs that are accessible in bodyslide but not racemenu(yet) or does someone have to make racemenu sliders before you can manipulate the model?

There's indeed a lot you can add (and remove) with these hands.

There's sliders for both square and point nail length, nail width, height, etc, so you can really make the nails take any shape without needing to do the nail extensions thing that swaps out the hand model for the HN66 normal or mage nails to get really long ones. No more need for "glove" items that apply the nails either.

So it'll make porting various gloves and bracers to work with these hands simpler as it only has to be done once, rather than for every set of hand models used currently.

My testing so far shows that the slavetats get applied to the nails correctly no matter what size you give them, only issue is that they seem to be slightly miss alligned (polish on the nail beds of some nails and not 100% coverage on the thumb nail, but all that can be easily fixed with some alignment for the mod)

You also don't need HN66 or other mods to apply fancy nail polish like the tiger/french tip/etc patterns as you can apply those directly to these nails easily with simple slavetats.

On top of that, the new dll mod fasttats is obscenely fast (applies 100's if not 1000's of slavetats in one second, without a hitch) and would allow you to do some rather interesting things when applying makeup/pollish (stages) and with the makeup itself too. Or having stockings rip live while fighting, without it being a resource hit.

I was really glad no longer seeing any "wait 15 seconds for slavetats to finish" messages XD

The current release of fasttats seems stable, haven't crashed even once since the update earlier today.

Hey Emily, it seems that professional manicures aren't being detected as fingernail polish and toenail polish. The includes Yorcyn's offer of a new professional manicure during the Dibella quest. That could be what's causing the massive fashion dip.

5 hours ago, Enlightnd said:

Can you access morphs that are accessible in bodyslide but not racemenu(yet) or does someone have to make racemenu sliders before you can manipulate the model?

Generally, any morph accessible in bodyslide can also be changed by a script (if body morphs are created in bodyslide). But I need to try it first.

3 hours ago, Balgin said:

Hey Emily, it seems that professional manicures aren't being detected as fingernail polish and toenail polish. The includes Yorcyn's offer of a new professional manicure during the Dibella quest. That could be what's causing the massive fashion dip.

I looked in the script, but it seems to be ok. Professional manicure should count as fingernail polish in this case.

Toenail polish is something different, and (so far) not available as professional manicure.

I will look into when I have time.

25 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

I looked in the script, but it seems to be ok. Professional manicure should count as fingernail polish in this case.

Toenail polish is something different, and (so far) not available as professional manicure.

I will look into when I have time.

That could make sense.

Hello Emily,

First of all, I'm glad that you are working on the mod again, I'm looking forward to see the questline finished. I plan to start a new game when it happens.

For now I continued an older game and I have noticed a small issue. Some mods are removing all items, which causes a little problem with the nails.

Claws.png.2217a23b213fa3edb9c65ff9766c67ff.png

There is a "Bound Items Reappear" option (checked), I assume that causes the multiplying nails.

Would it be possible to add a little check to not add more nails if one is already equipped? I know it is not your mod, but I also feel the "claws" are quite heavy, should be weightless IMHO.

I'm using an older version, v6.5.4.1 (started the game in last august, I picked it up again now), I don't know if this is already handled in the newer versions. Is it safe to update to the latest?

Also, what is the suggested setting in DD MCM about the "Boots Slowdown Effect"?

Edited by monsta88

Just curious. Since there are only a few items needed from Devious Devices - high heel training boots, two chastity belts, a brassiere and a vaginal dilator - could they be incorporated into the base mod, with permissions of course, instead of having the whole mod being a master? Would save a plugin slot or two.

On 3/4/2024 at 12:32 AM, emily1673 said:

It seems what you are suggesting is just a few questlines, letting the player running around Skyrim, talking to a few people, and some dialogue. That is quite easy to do, but in my concept would be better saved up for a follow-up quest.

As many other scripters, I prefer to have everything together in a single mod (which makes life a lot easier). But it would be easy for a modder to create an additional extra mod with some dialogues, as long as no YPS NPCs would be involved.

Yes, that''s what I am suggesting.  Either as an added branch to the existing questline or as a follow-up quest it would be interesting.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:32 AM, emily1673 said:
On 3/3/2024 at 7:18 PM, Enlightnd said:

Female Hands Redone

I've been using this mod for a while now together with YPS. I build hands and nails (static) in bodyslide and use the YPS nail polish. It works great for me in SE. Nail growth would be awesome. The only disadvantage is, if you like wearing fingerless gloves. The choices are limited so far. Not a problem for me. I just wear gloves with fingers and clothes that doesn't use vanilla or their own hand models.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:20 AM, Wacek said:

The new stockings system seems to be working fine on SE now (with Fast Tats).

Excellent! But I will keep the old system in as well, just in case.

17 hours ago, monsta88 said:

First of all, I'm glad that you are working on the mod again, I'm looking forward to see the questline finished. I plan to start a new game when it happens.

Yes, the quest still has highest priority!

10 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Just curious. Since there are only a few items needed from Devious Devices - high heel training boots, two chastity belts, a brassiere and a vaginal dilator - could they be incorporated into the base mod, with permissions of course, instead of having the whole mod being a master? Would save a plugin slot or two.

There is more to that: YPS uses a few keywords from DD as well, whereas the items you mention function without having the DD esp activated. But of course, it would be better to have it included.

2 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said:

New Voice Pack for version 6.6.3 is up.

Dang! Just noticed 1,495 downloads. I never really look at it. I guess, I'll keep posting new versions then.

Wonderful, you are doing such a great job! Voice overs add very much to the immersion factor. I really appreciate this, since I know it's a lot of work.

Started a new playthrough a few days ago and last night reached the point where my PC went to Riften for a haircut. While getting the haircut, every 10 seconds or so, Yorga would say,  "Need something?" This is both immersion breaking and annoying.  Since she is giving my PC a hair styling, she knows what my PC needs. Is there some way to change what she is saying? Instead of the incessant "Need something?" maybe comments about my PC's hair, "Such beautiful long hair. Seems almost a shame to cut it." or "Let me comb this out first and then I can cut it short". Later in the hair styling Yorga can provide a commentary on what she is doing - "After I finish with styling your hair, I'm gong to color it. That will make you look even prettier."

Also, when my PC meets with any of the beauty consultants, instead of them saying, "Need something?" they could say something like, "What can I do for you today?" which would seem to be a more appropriate opening greeting, since they are offering a service, not a product.

If this isn't too difficult, you might do the same for the other beauty consultants when they do the nails or any other beauty treatments.

And lastly, is there some way to stop the foot shuffling as the beauty consultant is doing her thing? It's just weird.

On 3/6/2024 at 2:07 AM, SquatsAreLife said:

New Voice Pack for version 6.6.3 is up.

Dang! Just noticed 1,495 downloads. I never really look at it. I guess, I'll keep posting new versions then.

The link is busted but anyone can just click on your profile to get it, anyway thanks for updating it I'm gonna install it next time I play, YPS is getting some interesting features with dialogues ever since it came back from the slumber so its nice having those voiced.

BTW for anyone else wondering, you can use these on LE as with other voice packs just use SE BSA unpacker and then use LE BSA program to pack it up and make your own dummy files or leave them as loose files, no dummy files needed then but might impact loading times. As for DBVO for YPS I haven't tried nor am I going to since it uses different voice than the one I have but DBVO itself DOES work on LE including mods from loverslab.

9 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Started a new playthrough a few days ago and last night reached the point where my PC went to Riften for a haircut. While getting the haircut, every 10 seconds or so, Yorga would say,  "Need something?" This is both immersion breaking and annoying.  Since she is giving my PC a hair styling, she knows what my PC needs. Is there some way to change what she is saying? Instead of the incessant "Need something?" maybe comments about my PC's hair, "Such beautiful long hair. Seems almost a shame to cut it." or "Let me comb this out first and then I can cut it short". Later in the hair styling Yorga can provide a commentary on what she is doing - "After I finish with styling your hair, I'm gong to color it. That will make you look even prettier."

Also, when my PC meets with any of the beauty consultants, instead of them saying, "Need something?" they could say something like, "What can I do for you today?" which would seem to be a more appropriate opening greeting, since they are offering a service, not a product.

If this isn't too difficult, you might do the same for the other beauty consultants when they do the nails or any other beauty treatments.

And lastly, is there some way to stop the foot shuffling as the beauty consultant is doing her thing? It's just weird.

"Need something?" is a standard dialogue applied to NPCs from Skyrim. I find that annoying as well. Just didn't find a way to turn this off yet. Same with the foot shuffling.

46 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

"Need something?" is a standard dialogue applied to NPCs from Skyrim. I find that annoying as well. Just didn't find a way to turn this off yet. Same with the foot shuffling.

For the idle dialogue fix, would this work?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/96opc6/comment/e448xxk/

I'm sure there are a few seasoned modders that have already solved the problem of idle dialogue and NPC fidgeting. It's just about reaching out to them/finding them and giving them enough leprechaun gold until they divulge their secrets.

Edited by anonymous515

I played this mod years ago and like others I was happy to see in continued. I started a new playthrough and now, like my in game character, I am annoyed. I've read I just need to talk to people over and over as I walk through town. The first one came through with the try to avoid no problem. The problem is on the I am annoyed stage I've set quest speed to 3 and have literally talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run, slept for 24 hours, talked to every man in white run... 17 days now and no one gives the second step to advance this quest. Am I missing something? This quest should not be this hard. It went from a fun quest to not fun at all and I'm sure that is not the intent. Is there a setstage I can do to skip this one part? Thanks for the great mod and any help.