11 hours ago, emily1673 said:

These are not crucial to the quest, just a little extra. You will only get them if properly configured in ypsitems.json. See section ITEM CONFIGURATION in mod description.

OK. Perhaps a silly question. When I look in my Skyrim SE game folder I find the ypsitems.json file. When I open it I see a list of items configured as, for example, "bra" : "5402377|CustomComments.esp". Is that number decimal or hex? I'm guessing decimal since none of the numbers contain letters.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

Ok...I guess I have to be "that Guy" who has to ask stupid questions.

I had to disable the heels training as I am playing 

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/29983-adventures-with-balazar-balazars-bitch-beta/

which requires one to be naked about half the time and I could not handle no visible feet.

I am also using

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/24435-bimbos-of-skyrim-lese/

and I just got the nail color applied which caused my hands to disappear. I have tried adjusting settings, unsuccessfully, so here I am.

It has to be a setting in bimbos of Skyrim, or YPS that I am not seeing.

I have HN66 hands and nails installed, I tried uninstalling to no avail so I am reinstalling it.

Would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, or what I need to adjust, as I am starting to enjoy this mod and really don't wish to uninstall it.

EDIT; I looked at Slave tats, nothing showing as applied, tried unequipping nails, rings, clothes but nothing helped.

@emily1673 thanks for the mod and the use of it. I was kinda locked on hair colors and styles in my playthroughs, this mod has changed that for me in a good way.

I started as a female so I didn't go through the sex change, however I did play that through before.

I wish there were more tasks for the female, I can't find the makeup artist to get makeup like the piercings, hair and nails.

The only thing I did not care for was having to tell the Jarls that I had the procedure done, it's really none of anyone's business, that turned me off quite a bit. 

Is there any way to add a check box to disable everyone being up in your business?

Just asking not suggesting you do that, but it made me feel weird, almost violated.

Thank You

Feel free to post your comments, that's ok.

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee compatibility with every other mod around.

I remember I had problems with invisible heels and hands as well, but that was long ago... I'll try to remember the fix. I also have BoS installed, so that is not the problem.

(Semi-)permanent makeup done by YPS fashionistas is already on the to-do list, but not at high priority.

Some other people here also did not really like the name change feature. I can't make everybody happy, sorry. But this part is not crucial for the quest, so I am considering to add an MCM feature to skip this part. Though this isn't high priority either (it's not game breaking).

58 minutes ago, KentuckyExpat said:

OK. Perhaps a silly question. When I look in my Skyrim SE game folder I find the ypsitems.json file. When I open it I see a list of items configured as, for example, "bra" : "5402377|CustomComments.esp". Is that number decimal or hex? I'm guessing decimal since none of the numbers contain letters.

As is stated the mod description: For LE the numbers must be decimal, for SE they must be hex. The file provided with the mod is for LE. So you have to convert everything to hex numbers, if you want to use the feature for SE.

Edited by emily1673

This mod is fantastic. I really like the fashion and how it lends itself to the Skyrim world recognizing one's character as the beauty she is. The dialogue is great too. I prefer it over other dialogue mods I have tried. I had no intention of trying the Dibella quest at first but everything else is so well done I had to check it out and it did not disappoint. Thank you for the comprehensive MCM menu as well as the mod itself.

15 hours ago, emily1673 said:

I can't make everybody happy, sorry.

No need for apologies, I got a lesson in empathy that's all.

I did not mean for my post to sound negative, if I was I apologize.

Thank You for a great mod am having fun with it.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

No need for apologies, I got a lesson in empathy that's all.

I did not mean for my post to sound negative, if I was I apologize.

Thank You for a great mod am having fun with it.

It's all ok. The purpose of these forums is to give feedback.

Some ideas to fix the "invisible" hands: Install Kaw's Claws SSE, and use Bodyslide.

Edited by emily1673

With respect to the "ypsitems.json", are the decimal numbers, converted to hex, the correct numbers for the items? As I understand it, for an item to be acquired, the system needs a number and an .esp. The number represents the specific item and the .esp is where that item can be found. So if I'm playing yps in Skyrim LE, and I am getting a bikini from Danica, the system goes into SexyBikinis.esp and retrieves the item numbered 3447 - bikini. My question is, does that number, 3447, converted to the hex equyvalent, D77, retrieve the same item from the SE version of that mod, SexyBikinisSSE.esp or do I need to "look" in SexyBikinisSSE.esp to find the correct number?

Another idea for consideration:

Thematically, I think it'd be pretty great if clothing mattered for the fashion score (in addition to all the existing accessories and makeup, of course). There are so many cool outfits for Skyrim, it'd be awesome if getting them and wearing them fed into this mod.

I don't know if it's best managed with .json files, with keywords, by looking at price, or whatever - but I'd love it if my PC had reasons (beyond pure RP) to long for putting a cute dress after wearing unglamorous armour for too long, and had reason to spend money on a different cute outfit from the one she's wearing right now (perhaps because she's worn it for several days in a row).

Basically, I'd love it if my PC had reasons for owning more than one cute outfit and changing between them.

Just a thought - as always use it if you like, ignore it if you don't :) 

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 6:03 PM, KentuckyExpat said:

With respect to the "ypsitems.json", are the decimal numbers, converted to hex, the correct numbers for the items? As I understand it, for an item to be acquired, the system needs a number and an .esp. The number represents the specific item and the .esp is where that item can be found. So if I'm playing yps in Skyrim LE, and I am getting a bikini from Danica, the system goes into SexyBikinis.esp and retrieves the item numbered 3447 - bikini. My question is, does that number, 3447, converted to the hex equyvalent, D77, retrieve the same item from the SE version of that mod, SexyBikinisSSE.esp or do I need to "look" in SexyBikinisSSE.esp to find the correct number?

What you need is the "form id" of the item. You can see it by opening the console and type "help <item name>". There are also other ways, and many guides on the internet.

10 hours ago, Anunya said:

Thematically, I think it'd be pretty great if clothing mattered for the fashion score (in addition to all the existing accessories and makeup, of course). There are so many cool outfits for Skyrim, it'd be awesome if getting them and wearing them fed into this mod.

I don't know if it's best managed with .json files, with keywords, by looking at price, or whatever - but I'd love it if my PC had reasons (beyond pure RP) to long for putting a cute dress after wearing unglamorous armour for too long, and had reason to spend money on a different cute outfit from the one she's wearing right now (perhaps because she's worn it for several days in a row).

Yes, that would be a good addition. It should be done with keywords (because expensive armor can still be "ugly").

It would be extremely easy to increase fashion level if an item with a certain keyword is worn; and it could be very easily integrated into the existing "thoughts" system.

The prerequisite would be that "cute" items are marked with certain keywords.

Do you know any common framework mod adding keywords, or is there any (unofficial) standard for "cute" outfit keywords?

Edited by emily1673
8 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Clothing detection has been a holy grail of skyrim modding forever,  I want that kind of functionality as much as Anunya, but at this point I think it may be a fools errand to try to create something that is as 'one to one' as putting on a cute outfit increasing fashion.  The combination of many disparate modders making armors, and many disparate mod users having WILDLY different opinions on what looks good makes it just not worth it, even if you succeed on climbing that impossible mountain, the majority of users are going to end up disapointed anyway when the correct selection of realistic skyrim sexy/anime outfits/basicly naked isn't what is labeled as "looking good."  I know I personally don't like over the top bikini armor, and loath some of the anime stuff. 

My recommendation is to find a way to skirt around the edges of the issue.  Maybe something like needing to simply wear something NEW when visiting certain areas. 

Perhaps when you visit the jarls palace your armor gets flagged and then on next visit if you are wearing the same armor, NPCs comment on it or you get a debuff or something.

If you really want to go for it there are several mods out there that could be useful to look at.  The first is t3nd0's SkyRe, particularly the reproccer that goes with it.  It itterates through ALL of the armors installed and generates new armor values for them based on certain other characteristics (their material I think).  It might give you some idea's on how to access third party armors.  

The other one to look at is lupine00's sexlab disparity.  I don't have a ton of experience with it, but the basic idea was to let mod users tweak how... loverslab stuff... affects Skyrim gameplay.  So you could use it to make one gender stronger/weaker, or have arrousal do something ect.  But the real interesting part is that it lets you flag armors to certain categories.  So you could mark an armor as pretty/revealings/slutty/bikini/nude/conservative or whatever, and then set gameplay effects based on those flags.   It's honestly a pain to get set up and ended up being a bit 'too much' for me personally, but the flaggings system might give you something to build off of.

Ultimately my real advice remains, "don't try to do clothes" though, as bad as I and everyone else want it, it's kind of a mod making black whole, and for the majority of users it won't even be much of a payoff.

I also really like the idea of an outfit having a "Fashion" value assigned to outfits, but agree that yeah it probably fails the "effort of implementation":"benefit of having" ratio.

My first thought on a simple/useful implementation was to have an JSON where each armor item has a defined "fashion" score (out of 100 or something). Then, you add a fallback method to derive a value for anything without a custom score, based on armour value/material/weight/value/whatever. The player's "fashion" is the sum of the scores of their whole outfit.

I feel like that would strike a balance between flexibility of method/ease of implementation/ease of use- because the biggest problem with keyworded methods is that if you add a mod with lots of armour, you HAVE to go through and edit on those keywords, which is a pain in the ass and a lot to ask of an average user. Editing a JSON is easier to do, and the fallback score is there for the people who can't even do that.

So for example: the JSON allocates Full Plate Armour a fashion score of 5- it's ugly. But if a user adds an armour replacer that makes it look sexy, they can easily go to the JSON and change that score to 30 (or whatever).

Then the user gets a mod that adds Sapphire Armour. The fashion checker looks at its armour value/weight/etc., and allocates it a fashion score of 4 (high weight and armour results in a bad score), but it's actually really pretty- so the user adds an entry to the JSON themself to give it a value of 55.

I'd have a script that triggers on OnItemEquipped on the player and calculates their fashion score when they change items. And then, since "fashion" is a continuous score rather than a checkbox, you can condition dialogue/events/addiction against the players whole score.

For example, at a total score of 50, people start hitting on you. Or, fashion addiction level 3 means you need a total fashion score above 30 at all times- so you put on some really nice shoes so you can be pretty and keep your armour on, but at higher levels of addiction, you need 60 so the shoes aren't enough.

Hm. I got a bit carried away there- it's easy to brainstorm ideas when you're not the one who has to implement them!

On 4/14/2024 at 10:00 AM, emily1673 said:

Some ideas to fix the "invisible" hands: Install Kaw's Claws SSE, and use Bodyslide.

This gave my Player a gap between hands & arms, but only when worn i.e. manicure. I went to Vortex, deleted the mod, when back in game your program said, Oh crap you have lost your nails, warning Will Robinson, warning, then it decided I would donate most of my gold/septims to the "Fund" at Yolie's beauty school or whatever it's called.  Quite comical :lol:

My problem is I can't figure out how to use the Piercing system, Sure getting piercings is easy enough but the the task bar still says "I need to find a way to wear these earrings" (see pic) I asked for the solder job but that didn't help. What am I doing/not doing so I can wear piercings without using the MCM?

Last have you considered putting the three women in their own building somewhere in Skyrim?

It would be nice to not have looky loos watching while you are naked getting your clit pierced as well as the shop owners hunting you like a thieving dog, or having to use the picnic table to get your hair done, knocking all the crap off the small table and getting yelled at for making a mess etc. etc.

I have no idea how difficult that would be to do but hey you made all this other cool stuff...just a suggestion.

Skyrim Special Edition 4_16_2024 2_32_05 AM.png

Edited by Raven 54

Hey @emily1673 would it be possible to modify the hair catalogue so that it remembers the last item selected? Having to scroll from the bottom makes the menu unbearably non-functional, especially for long lists with lots of hairstyles. The scrolling itself is very time-consuming and such functionality would definitely make life easier.

Another suggestion - when the hair has been cut to zero (it happens with Monoman's SLS), the dying timer does not reset, so you can''t change the hair color, as it is set for specific amount of time, despite having been shaved clean.

Edited by kapibar
On 4/15/2024 at 9:38 AM, emily1673 said:

Yes, that would be a good addition. It should be done with keywords (because expensive armor can still be "ugly").

It would be extremely easy to increase fashion level if an item with a certain keyword is worn; and it could be very easily integrated into the existing "thoughts" system.

Do you know any common framework mod adding keywords, or is there any (unofficial) standard for "cute" outfit keywords?

One of the reasons I use @Lupine00's Sex Lab Aroused eXtended (SLAX) is that the MCM has an option for adding the high heel keyword to my PC's current footwear. It also has the option to add the following keywords to currently worn main body outift: naked, bikini, sexy, slooty, illegal, posh, ragged. I think some of those keywords are also used in @Lupine00's  SexLab Disparity as it has settings purportedly recognizing sexy (which it describes as attractive but somewhat respectable), slooty (erotic/whorish), illegal, and respectable clothes (not sure whether respectable corresponds to posh from SLAX, I hope it does). And of course, there are a bunch of mods that use the bikini keyword (and I think some sexy / slooty ones as well).

It doesn't line up completely with "cute", though I think "sexy" might be a good default to use. Not that SLAX / SexLab Disparity automatically should form the basis, it's just what I'm familiar with.

Personally I'm okay with adjusting the keywords in game via an MCM during play to reflect what I think is appropriate. If you do implement something like this, perhaps folks will identify other ways to easily add keywords to items.

EDIT: leaving it to users to apply the keywords also neatly sidesteps the issue about users disagreeing what is cute and what is not. You simply get "it's fashionable" from the keywords "sexy" (and maybe "respectable"), and get a fashion malus for "ragged" and leave it up to users to assign the keyword as they please.

Edited by Anunya
On 4/16/2024 at 6:10 AM, Darkwing241 said:

Clothing detection has been a holy grail of skyrim modding forever,  I want that kind of functionality as much as Anunya, but at this point I think it may be a fools errand to try to create something that is as 'one to one' as putting on a cute outfit increasing fashion.  ...

On 4/16/2024 at 7:23 AM, jib_buttkiss said:

I also really like the idea of an outfit having a "Fashion" value assigned to outfits, but agree that yeah it probably fails the "effort of implementation":"benefit of having" ratio.

My first thought on a simple/useful implementation was to have an JSON where each armor item has a defined "fashion" score (out of 100 or something). Then, you add a fallback method to derive a value for anything without a custom score, based on armour value/material/weight/value/whatever. The player's "fashion" is the sum of the scores of their whole outfit. ...

4 hours ago, Anunya said:

One of the reasons I use @Lupine00's Sex Lab Aroused eXtended (SLAX) is that the MCM has an option for adding the high heel keyword to my PC's current footwear. It also has the option to add the following keywords to currently worn main body outift: naked, bikini, sexy, slooty, illegal, posh, ragged. I think some of those keywords are also used in @Lupine00's  SexLab Disparity as it has settings purportedly recognizing sexy (which it describes as attractive but somewhat respectable), slooty (erotic/whorish), illegal, and respectable clothes (not sure whether respectable corresponds to posh from SLAX, I hope it does). And of course, there are a bunch of mods that use the bikini keyword (and I think some sexy / slooty ones as well).....

Thank you for the feedback. These are very valuable suggestions.

The huge advantage of using keywords is, that it is very easy to include into YPS. I just would need to add a few lines to the script, it burns down to something like:

if player.wornhaskeyword(cuteitem) then fashionlevel += 1

And the current player thought system already supports wornkeywords anyway.

I don't know whether it's possible to add keywords to items via script. It seems that SLAX is not using keyword "forms", but rather storing keywords as StorageUtil variables, which then wouldn't be "keywords" in a technical sense (not sure whether I'm right).

In any case, another possible implementation could be: If a keyword-less item is equipped (OnItemEquipped), let a popup-window appear that asks: "Is this item cute or not?" And then the scripts adds the keyword "cute" or "not cute" to the item (or stores the info to a json file). Players would only be asked once per item type, which sounds to be a reasonable effort.

But I must also admit that all depends on complexity. I can add easy things on the fly, but to flesh out a complex system will take me a lot of time (and I have a long to-do-list already).

Even though, if @jib_buttkiss intends to have such a feature for BoS, we should ideally coordinate our efforts, to make it work for both YPS and BoS.

On 4/16/2024 at 1:11 PM, kapibar said:

Hey @emily1673 would it be possible to modify the hair catalogue so that it remembers the last item selected? Having to scroll from the bottom makes the menu unbearably non-functional, especially for long lists with lots of hairstyles. The scrolling itself is very time-consuming and such functionality would definitely make life easier.

Yes, it is annoying, but I am already very happy that the system works "as it is" -- it took lots of efforts to build the menu. There might be a better way to do it though, I have already an idea I will try out..

On 4/16/2024 at 9:48 AM, Raven 54 said:

Last have you considered putting the three women in their own building somewhere in Skyrim?

It would be nice to not have looky loos watching while you are naked getting your clit pierced as well as the shop owners hunting you like a thieving dog, or having to use the picnic table to get your hair done, knocking all the crap off the small table and getting yelled at for making a mess etc. etc.

I have no idea how difficult that would be to do but hey you made all this other cool stuff...just a suggestion.

I haven't any experience in creating a building and will avoid doing so. Just consider that YPS vendors also might need a break. Some of them are in areas that are available in game 24/7. (Dibella’s Temple, Markarth; Haelga's Bunkhouse, Riften; Moorside Inn, Morthal; Morvayn Manor, Solstheim).

2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Yes, it is annoying, but I am already very happy that the system works "as it is" -- it took lots of efforts to build the menu. There might be a better way to do it though, I have already an idea I will try out..

You're the boss! Honestly, it's absolutely exhausting for a fashionist. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling... It's even worse on a gaming pad. I know it was a lot of effort to go this far and I srsly hate to ask, but if you took it under consideration, I think not only I would be grateful.

3 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Just consider that YPS vendors also might need a break. Some of them are in areas that are available in game 24/7. (Dibella’s Temple, Markarth; Haelga's Bunkhouse, Riften; Moorside Inn, Morthal; Morvayn Manor, Solstheim).

That is what I wanted to know, Still having trouble with the piercings, how to wear them after training is over. see my above post & pic please.

Thank you for this mod and the use of it

5 hours ago, kapibar said:

You're the boss! Honestly, it's absolutely exhausting for a fashionist. Scrolling, scrolling, scrolling... It's even worse on a gaming pad. I know it was a lot of effort to go this far and I srsly hate to ask, but if you took it under consideration, I think not only I would be grateful.

Ok, I have just wrote the code and it works well (with a small negligible flaw). Comes with the next update.

This feature will make it much easier to find errors in the hair configuration files. I do hope the forum users will use this to point out errors.

(Actually there are a few more little tasks I would like the people on this forum would be able to help out with in order to improve this mod. I will post a list soon.)

4 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

That is what I wanted to know, Still having trouble with the piercings, how to wear them after training is over. see my above post & pic please.

Thank you for this mod and the use of it

It's a bug that the quest objective "I need to find a way to wear these earrings" never is set to "completed" (will be fixed in next update). But this shouldn't affect wearing earrings. If it does, I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

9 minutes ago, emily1673 said:

It's a bug that the quest objective "I need to find a way to wear these earrings" never is set to "completed" (will be fixed in next update). But this shouldn't affect wearing earrings. If it does, I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

The earrings don't appear in the inventory, the empty boxes show up in junk/trash inv, I cannot get any of the vendors to put on any new earrings for me, they will solder them shut.

I wind up having to uncheck the boxes in the MCM to be able to equip new styles, if I don't the mod removes them and says I already have earrings/piercings.

Please don't apologize you are the one using your time trying to help me which I thank You for.

Edited by Raven 54
32 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

The earrings don't appear in the inventory, the empty boxes show up in junk/trash inv, I cannot get any of the vendors to put on any new earrings for me, they will solder them shut.

I wind up having to uncheck the boxes in the MCM to be able to equip new styles, if I don't the mod removes them and says I already have earrings/piercings.

Please don't apologize you are the one using your time trying to help me which I thank You for.

If you use the empty piercing box it will give you a list of options for removing the piercings this mod places on the PC. Once they are removed you are able to equip new piercings. The only exception that I know of is the labia piercings. Even though there are labia piercings in the Ayleid piercing set this mod does not detect them as such and unequips them if you have a clit piercing in. I hope this helps you.

3 hours ago, Slimreb said:

If you use the empty piercing box it will give you a list of options for removing the piercings this mod places on the PC. Once they are removed you are able to equip new piercings. The only exception that I know of is the labia piercings. Even though there are labia piercings in the Ayleid piercing set this mod does not detect them as such and unequips them if you have a clit piercing in. I hope this helps you.

That is exactly what I needed to know.

It never occurred to me to "use" the box. Thank You so much!

I wanted to change what some of the thoughts said and had done so without issues in a previous version by editing in SKSE/Plugins/ypsthoughts/ypsthought_female_database.json. but when I did it with the newset version it no longer plays any thoughts, is this a bug or do I just need a different way of editing them? 

Not asking how to change the entire thing, just wanted to edit a few sentences for rp reasons.