Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, wareware said:

Added most of the hair from Dint's Hairpack02 to the json. The ones I didn't add are commented out at the bottom

[dint999] HairPack02.esp.json 3.72 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks, will be added to the next update.

5 hours ago, Johannes01 said:

Is there a list that contains all piercings vs. body slots they occupy?

Short answer: No.

There are lots of piercing mods around, and they all may use different slots. The piercing script tries to catch them by guessing the piercing by name. You might look at the Function FindPiercing() in the pieercing script source, so you can get an idea see how it works.

2 hours ago, Alis_999 said:

Hey @emily1673! Hard work as always. Are you planning to add a fashion feature for fNPC? Obviously, regular checks will put a lot of load on the game. But there may be a check once for each FNPC in the some radius, after which a random set of your tattoos will be applied. And they will be with the given random set without updating, maybe after a dialogue with the PC only about lipstick or something else.

I have planned a feature like "fashion for the masses", though it'll take a while before I can start working on it. So far, the YPS vendors are already wearing random nail polish items, which is changing over time. I plan to expand it with hairstyles, and add dialogues so you can "convince" your female followers (and possibly some NPCs) to change their looks, get a haircut, etc... But such a feature needs lots of preparation before it can be implemented (need to think of a systematic way to store all the data, without overloading the system). The way you are proposing probably will make it easier; I will think about it.

Right now, I am still working on other things.

Edited by emily1673

Starting a new playthrough.

I'm really enjoying the thoughts feature. I did a pass to do some custom lines for my particular character, and it adds so much to the game even now before I started the actual game. Thanks for adding it :)

On 4/3/2024 at 3:23 AM, Relinka said:

Thank you for the information and for considering my suggestion! Because you plan to increase the maximum hairgrowth speed in the next update, I'll wait for that, but I appreciate the information on what can be changed in the files too. I may take a look at that if I want to adjust it more after the update.

I've actually come up with another idea: A "Rapunzel" curse, that inflicts the player with ultra-high hairgrowth speed. Would also make a nice quest.

But I am still busy with other things for now; maybe later.

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

Starting a new playthrough.

I'm really enjoying the thoughts feature. I did a pass to do some custom lines for my particular character, and it adds so much to the game even now before I started the actual game. Thanks for adding it :)

Great! Feel free sharing your new "thoughts" on the forum. And don't forget to make a backup copy, or it might get overridden, when you update the mod. (The next update will add about 700 new thoughts by the way.)

What we still need though - and I currently have no time working on - is more male thoughts! Would be good to have them on all the conditions, not related to fashion (e.g. general thoughts, loctypes, isrunning, isincombat ... etc....). But no rush. :)

1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

I've actually come up with another idea: A "Rapunzel" curse, that inflicts the player with ultra-high hairgrowth speed. Would also make a nice quest.

The quest could end with an optional reward (for those that want to keep the feature) of a magic comb that causes instant hair growth when used once per day. You don't want them selling too much hair to pay for more fashion features now do you?

Also the fact that Emily's mentioned the next update 2 or 3 times in the last week fills me with hope :).

Edited by Balgin
6 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Oh, that's a nice idea, and it actually is similar to one of the reasons I wanted faster hair growth, too! I definitely understand having other priorities, but I'd love to see a quest like that if you ever do make one!

10 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Great! Feel free sharing your new "thoughts" on the forum. And don't forget to make a backup copy, or it might get overridden, when you update the mod. (The next update will add about 700 new thoughts by the way.)

What we still need though - and I currently have no time working on - is more male thoughts! Would be good to have them on all the conditions, not related to fashion (e.g. general thoughts, loctypes, isrunning, isincombat ... etc....). But no rush. :)

I do want to share them at some point, but I'll want to give them a test first. Also, they're somewhat limited as they're very much tailored to this particular character in this particular playthrough (weak girl lacking confidence, prone to bad relationships with guys who aren't good for her). So I'm not touching a bunch of stuff because it's not relevant to my PC... but before I share anything I'll want to make sure that it's user friendly (and that I've tested it in-game for embarrassing typos and general mistakes :D ).

On a separate topic... I'm also super stoked to try out the flirting and relationship aspect of the mod. I think there's so much potential there to add depth to the game. After I've tried it out more, I'll probably bounce some ideas at you (as always, with the understanding that you can take them or leave them depending on what suits you and what you want to do). 

... or maybe I'll offer a couple of ideas for consideration right now....

1) To build out the flirting system a bit more, to give the PC a reasons for using it. Maybe successfully flirting with someone gives a short temporary confidence boost of some kind, while failing gives a short malus (that instantly disappear on a successful flirt, because "I am attractive after all"). Perhaps it gives you the opportunity to get something from person you successfully flirted with ("buy me dinner?" / "can I 'borrow' 20 gold?" / "Oh! A gold necklace? For me? It's so pretty..."), but at the risk of creating an expectation that the PC will put out (kiss / sex) or trigger a reduction in relationship status or even aggression ("I bought you drinks and dinner, the least you could do is put out..."). There's potentially a bunch of interesting gameplay and situations there if you (or someone else) thinks it's worth doing. [As an aside, I'd be happy to write a bunch of flirting and response dialogue if that'd be useful].

2) The idea of crushes/ validation. Basically as you're interacting with a (compatible) NPC (or maybe flirting with them) you might get a crush "Oh he's kind of attractive, I wonder if he likes me...". If you then successfully flirt with your crush within a certain time period, the benefit (confidence boost) is higher than normal (see above). Conversely, if you don't successfully flirt (or worse, flirt and get rejected), you get a temporary confidence penalty of some sort for coping with your unrequited crush. Similarly, if you get into a relationship with a crush, the benefits are stronger or longer lasting than relationship with non-crushes.

... basically the idea is to add a bit of gameplay to "searching for Mr. Right" and creating the possibility of appropriate/inappropriate crushes and so on.

Maybe it's a pain to implement and/ unintersting / not relevant to the mod / out of scope - but I had fun thinking about it on my morning commute :) 

Edited by Anunya

I'm sure people have commented on this but I'm new to the mod. I got to the point where I put on Ray's device but... now it's saying I need to remove my shoes before I can paint my toes as it's counting the device as shoes. Am I missing something?

17 hours ago, emily1673 said:

I agree... I tried to set my hair to rapunzel but none of the hair styles seem to support it... what do I need to take to floor lenth or rapunzel length hair?

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Anunya said:

I do want to share them at some point, but I'll want to give them a test first. Also, they're somewhat limited as they're very much tailored to this particular character in this particular playthrough (weak girl lacking confidence, prone to bad relationships with guys who aren't good for her). So I'm not touching a bunch of stuff because it's not relevant to my PC... but before I share anything I'll want to make sure that it's user friendly (and that I've tested it in-game for embarrassing typos and general mistakes :D ).

On a separate topic... I'm also super stoked to try out the flirting and relationship aspect of the mod. I think there's so much potential there to add depth to the game. After I've tried it out more, I'll probably bounce some ideas at you (as always, with the understanding that you can take them or leave them depending on what suits you and what you want to do).

"weak girl lacking confidence, prone to bad relationships with guys who aren't good for her": that fits the current YPS main character quite well actually. 😁

Thanks for the ideas to improve the flirt system. I am working on other things first, but your suggestions are great. And I know you are good at storytelling. :)

18 hours ago, blackkatt said:

I'm sure people have commented on this but I'm new to the mod. I got to the point where I put on Ray's device but... now it's saying I need to remove my shoes before I can paint my toes as it's counting the device as shoes. Am I missing something?

Not sure, will look at it when I do the next playthrough.

15 hours ago, blackkatt said:

I agree... I tried to set my hair to rapunzel but none of the hair styles seem to support it... what do I need to take to floor lenth or rapunzel length hair?

[Dint999] HairPack02 and Holiday Gift Hairdos should have it.

Edited by emily1673
1 hour ago, emily1673 said:

"weak girl lacking confidence, prone to bad relationships with guys who aren't good for her": that fits the current YPS main character quite well actually. 😁

Thanks for the ideas to improve the flirt system. I am working on other things first, but your suggestions are great. And I know you are good at storytelling. :)

Not sure, will look at it when I do the next playthrough.

[Dint999] HairPack02 and Holiday Gift Hairdos should have it.

Okay and thank you

14 hours ago, emily1673 said:

You're very welcome, and thanks for listening. Mine my ideas and take what you want - if you do anything related to the theme, I'm sure it'll be great :) 

Thinking more, I had an idea for the flirting system which I think would add something and which I believe is simple to implement. Basically when you attempt to flirt and if you succeed you get a temporary boost to your fashion level (the confidence from the validation makes you feel great about yourself, and that makes you more attractive). Conversely, if you flirt and get rejected flirting you get a temporary decrease to your fashion level (the rejection makes you lose some confidence and poise for a bit). I think it's nice and simple (fashion level is already implemented and thematic) and also very realistic (I think most of us feel like crap when we get rejected, and feel better about ourselves when someone responds to our advances).

... anyhow, I'll go back to actually playing the game now for a bit. My new modlist hasn't spun out and crashed yet, which is always nice :D 

[hope I didn't jinx that =/ ]

Posted (edited)

v. 6.7
Dibella quest:
- Time to celebrate! Finished the main quest line of the Dibella quest! Status of the quest has now changed from alpha to beta. Yay! (Still remember the first release of the quest that came out in 2018? It has been a long road.)
- Provided an updated quest outline chart (spoiler!).

(Also updated the quest description in the mod.)

Thought system:
- Added about 700 new thoughts to the database

New feature: Voice-over thoughts.
- The player thought system introduced in 6.6 now features voice-overs.
- To use the system, install the "YPS Thought sounds" package (see download section).
- Right now, voice overs are provided for *all* 1736 player thoughts. (Additional download needed. Install both "yps thought sounds" packs.)
- I'm extremely grateful for SquatsAreLife for recording all the voice overs. All give him a round of applause!!!!! I strongly recommend to add his dialogue voice packs for an even better experience.
- Adding your own voice overs is as easy as follows:

• Record the voice to a wav file, give it a 5 digit name with leading zeroes (e.g. 01737.wav). (If you care: Sound quality should be PCM516 LE 48 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. Other sound qualities might also work, just try.)
  • Place it into the folder data\Sound\fx\ypsSounds (use new numbers for new sounds)
  • Add the number in square brackets (e.g. "[01737]") to the corresponding thought in the thought database json. Done!

- Currently the limit is at 32767 voices. Sounds number 00001-05999 may be used freely for female thoughts. 06000-08999 should be used for male thoughts; 09000-10000 are reserved for YPS internal use. 10001-32767 are reserved for future uses.
- Sound volume of voiced thoughts can be set in MCM
- If you don't like voice-overs, just don't install the thought sounds pack (or disable ypssounds.esp, or turn the volume in MCM to zero); if you don't like some particular voice-overs, edit the thought database json
- For modders: The feature is implemented in a way that makes it easy to integrate into other mods. I will publish a corresponding framework mod soon, including the option to add up to 99999 sounds (and even more, if really needed)

Infibulation quest:
- Fixed a bug that caused the piercing process not completing since v. 6.5.6.
- Fixed another bug that caused the piercing process not completing for SE for the whole time
- Changed the piercing dialogue; shemales will now be immune to infibulation

Hair:
- Increased maximum hair growth speed in MCM from 10x to 100x (for testing/cheating); can be combined with 10x "ultra" growth speed.
- Added a "Rapunzel curse" to the system, which will set the hairgrowth speed to 2000x (overriding MCM settings). There is no content yet. To activate the curse, use the console command "set ypsRapunzelCurse to 1".
- If hair growths to next stage, will no longer have to serve as hair model
- Updated hair configuration file for Dint's Hairpack02 (LE+SE) and GMsHair (SE). Thanks to wareware!
- Updated hair configuration file for Tullius Hair 3 SMP (thanks to GamerB110)

Additional things:
- Changing sexual orientation in YPS MCM will now automatically change sexual orientation in Sexlab (but not the other way round)
- Added MCM option to swap sexual orientation upon gender change (e.g. hetero male becomes lesbian female).
- The four fashion vendors added with v. 6.5.6 should have now proper attire (nails, earrings)

-------------

Upcoming next:

- Posting the thought/voiceover system as separate mod

- Doing an updated LITE version of the mod.

Dibella quest outline 6.7 (BIG SPOILER!).pdf

Edited by emily1673
2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

v. 6.7
Dibella quest:
- Time to celebrate! Finished the main quest line of the Dibella quest! Status of the quest has now changed from alpha to beta. Yay! (Still remember the first release of the quest that came out in 2018? It has been a long road.)

Congratulations on making it this far. Beta's a pretty big milestone for this mod. You've done well.

Gratz emily, its been a long wait. I played some of your first alphas so looking forward to see how it evolved. I kept the mod updated in my playlist for years since it works with wartimes but have not done the story part for a long time since wartimes start is female.

6.7 stutters for me when I upgraded from 6.6.4 on SE on a pre-existing save file. The SMP hair gets reset to "default" position with each stutter. Going back to 6.6.4 doesn't seem to cause the issue.

4 hours ago, emily1673 said:

v. 6.7
Dibella quest:
- Provided an updated quest outline chart (spoiler!).

(Also updated the quest description in the mod.)

Thought system:
- Added about 700 new thoughts to the database

New feature: Voice-over thoughts.
- The player thought system introduced in 6.6 now features voice-overs.
- To use the system, install the "YPS Thought sounds" package (see download section).
- Right now, voice overs are provided for *all* 1736 player thoughts. (Additional download needed.)
- I'm extremely grateful for SquatsAreLife for recording all the voice overs. All give him a round of applause!!!!! I strongly recommend to add his dialogue voice packs for an even better experience.
- Adding your own voice overs is as easy as follows:

• Record the voice to a wav file, give it a 5 digit name with leading zeroes (e.g. 01737.wav). (If you care: Sound quality should be PCM516 LE 48 kHz, 16 Bit, Mono. Other sound qualities might also work, just try.)
  • Place it into the folder data\Sound\fx\ypsSounds (use new numbers for new sounds)
  • Add the number in square brackets (e.g. "[01737]") to the corresponding thought in the thought database json. Done!

- Currently the limit is at 32767 voices. Sounds number 00001-05999 may be used freely for female thoughts. 06000-08999 should be used for male thoughts; 09000-10000 are reserved for YPS internal use. 10001-32767 are reserved for future uses.
- Sound volume of voiced thoughts can be set in MCM
- If you don't like voice-overs, just don't install the thought sounds pack (or disable ypssounds.esp, or turn the volume in MCM to zero); if you don't like some particular voice-overs, edit the thought database json
- For modders: The feature is implemented in a way that makes it easy to integrate into other mods. I will publish a corresponding framework mod soon, including the option to add up to 99999 sounds (and even more, if really needed)

Infibulation quest:
- Fixed a bug that caused the piercing process not completing since v. 6.5.6.
- Fixed another bug that caused the piercing process not completing for SE for the whole time
- Changed the piercing dialogue; shemales will now be immune to infibulation

Hair:
- Increased maximum hair growth speed in MCM from 10x to 100x (for testing/cheating); can be combined with 10x "ultra" growth speed.
- Added a "Rapunzel curse" to the system, which will set the hairgrowth speed to 2000x (overriding MCM settings). There is no content yet. To activate the curse, use the console command "set ypsRapunzelCurse to 1".
- If hair growths to next stage, will no longer have to serve as hair model
- Updated hair configuration file for Dint's Hairpack02 (LE+SE) and GMsHair (SE). Thanks to wareware!
- Updated hair configuration file for Tullius Hair 3 SMP (thanks to GamerB110)

Additional things:
- Changing sexual orientation in YPS MCM will now automatically change sexual orientation in Sexlab (but not the other way round)
- Added MCM option to swap sexual orientation upon gender change (e.g. hetero male becomes lesbian female).
- The four fashion vendors added with v. 6.5.6 should have now proper attire (nails, earrings)

-------------

Upcoming next:

- Posting the thought/voiceover system as separate mod

- Doing an updated LITE version of the mod.

Dibella quest outline 6.7 (BIG SPOILER!).pdf 21.02 kB · 16 downloads

Whoops, commented on the voice pack mod, not here. Congrats again on finishing the questline! :D

3 hours ago, fred200 said:

There are two packages: Thoughts sounds, and thoughts sounds + base.

Do we install both? What is the difference in them? They are almost the same size.

I split them in 2 files, because LL has an upper limit of 250MB per file.

The "base" pack contains sounds 00000 to 00899 plus the esp, hence it is required, or no sounds will be played.

The other contains sounds 00900 to 01736.

If you like, you can combine them into one zip file, but it's no difference really.

7 hours ago, wareware said:

6.7 stutters for me when I upgraded from 6.6.4 on SE on a pre-existing save file. The SMP hair gets reset to "default" position with each stutter. Going back to 6.6.4 doesn't seem to cause the issue.

Could be the new hair jsons. Try the old ones, and see whether it works. Does the problem persist with a fresh save?

8 minutes ago, Kingslayer101 said:

Is there a way to quickly get the character's hair to Bald? I'm loading an old save with the hairstyle working and all but I want to refresh the hairs and start from bald for a new playthrough.

Visit the hairdresser. Or choose "bald" on a new game (can remove yps, reload, and reinstall it). Or you scissors (debug item, can get via console).

I've never given the dibella quest a try but now I think I might have to now that it's in beta, congrats! Before I do I just thought I'd pop in and check if anyone has found a fix for makeup not being applied with the SE version of the mod. Everything else works great for me but I still just cannot figure out what the deal is with makeup, and I can get them all to appear manually through slavetats too so I don't think it's a texture issue.

First I would like to thank you for this amazing mod. I truly love all the functions of this mod and will do another playthrough starting as a male to try out the Dibella Quest.

After upgrading to 6.7 I have an issue of hair styles not being applied through the ladies in town. I went to Whiterun and tried changing my ponytail. I was charged for the change but the hairstyle did not change. I was able to use the elastic band and remove my current ponytail and then use it again to get the new style I wanted.

Edited by Slimreb

Dibella quest complete!...  Greatest news for a long while.. This calls for a full reshuffle of mods and a well needed excuse for a restart,  Thank you for the time and efforts you have creatively put into this quest. I have enjoyed the fun of each new addition as it grew over the years...   

Off to have fun while I wonder what else you have up your sleeve to bring us a little fun and smiles in this mod..

Posted (edited)

Just renamed the yps thought sound files, to make it clearer that both need to be installed.

The files are unchanged (just renamed). No need to download them again, if you already did.

Furthermore I just posted the (voiced) thought framework as separate mod, see link in my sig.

Edited by emily1673