• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2018 at 10:29 PM, donkeywho said:

@orxx

Hi

The links below refer to the problems that are now arising from FNIS limitations.  There is more on this on the DDi Thread

They should be self explanatory

I was wondering if there was any way SLAL could be added to, so that the anim load actually transferred to the game could be reduced by SLAL 'intercepting' the pack contents in some way, and only adding in the anims that the player wanted.  So that, eg, one could select, maybe, only 3 or 4 anims from a pack of 20, if the others were never going to be used in game

That could cut the FNIS burden, and increase the Framework and individual Mod use that could be achieved

I know that it's a bit of an ask :P . as even with no real tech background, I can see some immediate pitfalls - in particular, it would probably make and such SLAL add on/pack editor something that needed to be run outside the main Mod Managers  ? 

Of course, an alternative might be for the structure of the packs be changed a bit to allow for their being split, more into a sort of FOMOD form, so only the stuff a user wanted got selected to carry in - bit like the Shashankie 12 FunnyBiz Pack, but a lot more granular than as set up now

Just thought I'd ask, in case you, or anyone else, thought it worth giving a whirl. 

Without something like that, some animators work will go to waste if they produce combined packs that people pass by completely because there is no room in their game/FNIS structure

Hope that's of help/interest/whatever  ?

I've hit a similar problem, too many animation packs so I CTD when I try to start a new game, so I'm currently trying to thin things down.

That said, it is possible to split packs up, though you have to do it manually.

Open up an SLAL pack, and there will be a number of folders, there are two important ones for this: Meshes & SLAnims. Firstly, open up SLAnims\json\<packname>.json in your text editor of choice. Then go back to the main directory, into meshes\actors. Again, there could be several folders in here depending on the sort of animation pack. For now, just go into character\animations\<packname>. In here you will see a ton of .hkx files along with a single .txt file. What I've been doing is opening the txt file, looking through the animations and deciding which ones I don't want. From there, if there are animations I want to remove I delete them from the txt file, delete the relevant .hkx files from the folder, and also delete the section that references them from the .json file we opened earlier. Once you've done this, if there were other folders in meshes\actors, such as creature files, go into each of those and delete any references to packs that you just deleted from the character folder.

It's definitely not the easiest way to do things, and I'm not sure what will happen if you delete the references from one section but not the other. It might just not load the animation, it might CTD if it tries to load that animation, someone with more knowledge as to how the system works can probably answer this. But it does reduce the number of animations that FNIS reports as being included when I generate it, so it definitely does the job. And done correctly, as far as I'm aware there's no downsides, though again I'd like to know if there are! I've had no issues and I've been doing this for a few months, but that doesn't mean there's not issues I've simply not come across yet.

Now, for a question of my own. How many animations is it ok for FNIS to report and have a stable game? I just updated quite a few packs and added some interesting ones, and now I'm trimming down the packs using the above method, I just want to know how many I need to get it down to without having to load up skyrim every so often.

9 hours ago, cweez said:

I've hit a similar problem, too many animation packs so I CTD when I try to start a new game, so I'm currently trying to thin things down.

That said, it is possible to split packs up, though you have to do it manually.

Open up an SLAL pack, and there will be a number of folders, there are two important ones for this: Meshes & SLAnims. Firstly, open up SLAnims\json\.json in your text editor of choice. Then go back to the main directory, into meshes\actors. Again, there could be several folders in here depending on the sort of animation pack. For now, just go into character\animations\. In here you will see a ton of .hkx files along with a single .txt file. What I've been doing is opening the txt file, looking through the animations and deciding which ones I don't want. From there, if there are animations I want to remove I delete them from the txt file, delete the relevant .hkx files from the folder, and also delete the section that references them from the .json file we opened earlier. Once you've done this, if there were other folders in meshes\actors, such as creature files, go into each of those and delete any references to packs that you just deleted from the character folder.

It's definitely not the easiest way to do things, and I'm not sure what will happen if you delete the references from one section but not the other. It might just not load the animation, it might CTD if it tries to load that animation, someone with more knowledge as to how the system works can probably answer this. But it does reduce the number of animations that FNIS reports as being included when I generate it, so it definitely does the job. And done correctly, as far as I'm aware there's no downsides, though again I'd like to know if there are! I've had no issues and I've been doing this for a few months, but that doesn't mean there's not issues I've simply not come across yet.

Now, for a question of my own. How many animations is it ok for FNIS to report and have a stable game? I just updated quite a few packs and added some interesting ones, and now I'm trimming down the packs using the above method, I just want to know how many I need to get it down to without having to load up skyrim every so often.

Thanks for that

I'm sorry, tho' that I don't know the answer to your question ?

FWIW, my stats are:

9915 animations for 42 mods successfully included (character)
 4002 animations for 10 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

Crashes (total 13,917)

9449 animations for 39 mods successfully included (character)
 3797 animations for 9 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

works. (total 13,246)

No idea if the crash limit is based upon computer specs (for example the game engine needs to be able to process all the animations in x seconds otherwise it will crash), or if there's some sort of hard limit instead.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dragoncoc696969 said:

I am getting missing SLALAnimObj.esp when i load a save game. Where can i get the SLALAnimObj.esp?

This file is from Anubis SLAL pack.

Check this link: 

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the latest version of your AnimLoader. I have all the prerequisites installed. I've been using Sexlab for a while and the base animations play perfectly. No problems. I set everything up for use with new animation packs like Billy's SLAL pack adn Leito's SLAL pack, and everything shows up in MCM. Everything registers great.

However, none of the animations play. Actors stand inside each other with their arms spread and do absolutely nothing. I reinstalled Skyrim, reinstalled 99 mods, organized the plugins all over again. Still won't work. The base animations work great still though. Everything works. Except the animations do NOT play at all. I have JContainers. I followed every step. No animation I register with AnimLoader work. Any other animations in Sexlab, are however, working wonderfully even in the same installation with the non-working AnimLoaded animations.

So please, tell me what I am doing wrong. I've been reinstalling over and over again for 3 days now. I can't get any replies from 3 other modders. They just blow me off and reply to someone else like I never even commented. Please, help.

1 hour ago, Lynche6669 said:

did you forget to rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe?

and:

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

18 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

did you forget to rerun the GenerateFNISforUsers.exe?

and:

No I don't forget to generate FNIS for Users, not after 5 years of playing this game with animation mods, but thank you.

I have not done those steps you qouted though. I'm going to try that. I will let you know. If it doesn't work, I'm going to have to assume that one of my 99 plugins is adding an old version of JContainers under the new version. I don't know if that would cause a problem. But that will be the last thing I haven't tried that I know of after I try what you qouted. 

No I don't forget to generate FNIS for Users, not after 5 years of playing this game with animation mods, but thank you.

well do you know that Windows Security may interfere with updating/overwriting the FNIS behavior files?

try deleting "Data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\0_master.hkx" before running FNIS.

I'm going to have to assume that one of my 99 plugins is adding an old version of JContainers under the new version.

JContainer problems would more likely stop things from getting listed in the menus, SLAL's MCM would be empty.

15 hours ago, Lynche6669 said:

I have not done those steps you qouted though. I'm going to try that. I will let you know. If it doesn't work, I'm going to have to assume that one of my 99 plugins is adding an old version of JContainers under the new version. I don't know if that would cause a problem. But that will be the last thing I haven't tried that I know of after I try what you qouted. 

Five years experience (and more) still doesn't keep people from making mistakes (I've got more years and still screw up from time to time) and the first one is describing the classic T-Pose of a failure to run FNIS and then failing to mention running FNIS in the initial description of your problem.  Second is failing to post the Text from the FNIS output window because just running FNIS doesn't always work, especially if you've done something to cause a failed FNIS run (didn't fix an error or warning from FNIS, checked an option for a mod you don't have installed or failed to check an option for a mod you do have installed).

Go ahead and post the text output, many of us have made or seen every mistake in the book often enough that we can spot a problem quickly.  If there's anything wrong in the output we can usually tell you what needs to be fixed and can get you going again.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've been reading forums on here for a couple days now trying to find the answer but I just can't figure it out. I have several animation packs installed. FNIS runs just fine, no errors or anything. When I head into the SLAL MCM it lists all of the packs and animations. However it will not register any of the animations. I've tried Disabling All, Refreshing SL Anims, Reloading json files, Enabling All, and Registering. No avail. I've tried going to each pack individually and registering and still nothing. I've uninstalled many mods and reinstalled them including MNC, SLAL itself, Jcontainers, and anything else I though was relevant. What am I doing wrong or missing?

48 minutes ago, Klever Kitsune said:

Hey, I've been reading forums on here for a couple days now trying to find the answer but I just can't figure it out. I have several animation packs installed. FNIS runs just fine, no errors or anything. When I head into the SLAL MCM it lists all of the packs and animations. However it will not register any of the animations. I've tried Disabling All, Refreshing SL Anims, Reloading json files, Enabling All, and Registering. No avail. I've tried going to each pack individually and registering and still nothing. I've uninstalled many mods and reinstalled them including MNC, SLAL itself, Jcontainers, and anything else I though was relevant. What am I doing wrong or missing?

did you try clicking on the count animation button in SLAL's MCM to make sure it's not over 500?

if it's creature animations your having problems with then make sure you have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings.

18 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

did you try clicking on the count animation button in SLAL's MCM to make sure it's not over 500?

if it's creature animations your having problems with then make sure you have "Allow Creature Animation" checked in SexLab's MCM settings.

Yeah, It's 490 Creature animations and 30 some-odd Human ones. And I do indeed have creature animations checked. Thank you for the quick reply by the way ^^

37 minutes ago, Klever Kitsune said:

Yeah, It's 490 Creature animations and 30 some-odd Human ones. And I do indeed have creature animations checked. Thank you for the quick reply by the way ^^

odd, try clicking on the "Disable All" button, then go to SexLab's MCM and use the debugging tool (i cant remember what it's exact name is) that reinstalls SexLab & resets everything to there default settings.

19 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

odd, try clicking on the "Disable All" button, then go to SexLab's MCM and use the debugging tool (i cant remember what it's exact name is) that reinstalls SexLab & resets everything to there default settings.

Sadly that didn't work either. I used both reset animations and reset to default settings. I'm starting to wonder if SLAL isn't just missing a file or something. I *did* install everything using a mod manager.

EDIT: Nope. Manually redid it and still not registering. Is there a way to do it manually? XD

25 minutes ago, Klever Kitsune said:

check Jcontainers again, then:

8. you may need to reload the animations, go to the Animation Loader's MCM and then:
8.1. click on the "Disable All" button.
8.2. click on "Rebuild Animation Registry", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
8.3. click on "Reload JSON".
8.4. click on "Enable All".
8.5. click on "Register Animations", then Wait for the message to pop up*.
*if you like you can press "~" on your keyboard to open the console so you can watch it Register everything, just make sure you close it before you try to click on anything.

and turn off "Match Creature Gender" if it's on.

13 hours ago, Crota said:

I believe you do need that checked in sexlab itself.

Yes, I do have that checked in Sexlabs

EDIT: Well, I don't want to do it, but I'm going to clear out my folder and manually reinstall all of the mods I was using. I'll update this post with my results.

EDIT 2: Success. I have no idea what was wrong, but a clean installation of my mods and Skyrim fixed my issue. Thanks to MadMansGun for your quick reply and doing your best to help! Now I can enjoy all my terribly kinky animations XD

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Lari207 said:

My save become crush when I trying to load some animations.

Is that a CTD (Crash To Desktop) you are talking about?

If so, you need to realize that with FNIS XXL you can add more animations than the game will accept and when you exceed how many animations the game will accept the result is that the game will CTD when you try to load the game (you will not get to the main game menu).

Most people see this occur when they have between 13000 and 14000 animation total (human AND creature) added by FNIS.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Is that a CTD (Crash To Desktop) you are talking about?

If so, you need to realize that with FNIS XXL you can add more animations than the game will accept and when you exceed how many animations the game will accept the result is that the game will CTD when you try to load the game (you will not get to the main game menu).

Most people see this occur when they have between 13000 and 14000 animation total (human AND creature) added by FNIS.

Would this crash occur when loading a new game or just during the load into the main menu? Trying to pin down what's causing a crash in my game

11 hours ago, perpetualcunt said:

Would this crash occur when loading a new game or just during the load into the main menu? Trying to pin down what's causing a crash in my game

During the load I have crash. And I don't use a old save. I started a new game.
PS: Only about 60 animations is fine and my save doesn't crush.