Hey Just wanted to know what frustration does. Its not really mentioned in the description and changing the values doesnt seem to have any effect?

Thanks in advance!

Frustration changes follower behaviors when you hit them in combat. It also effects some outcomes for sex or items they find.

It's not as heavily utilized as it should be.

I did two things and it now seems to be working properly.  I manually installed all the DD components and I used the script you provided. 

Thank you for all your help.  I love your mod.

That's good at least, even if we never found the cause.

i have had the arm and leg cuffs, after removing them, still show on my toon. the way to remove the ones that are shown as being worn but not actually equipped is to:

1. remove everything from your inventory.

2. open the console and click on your toon

3. use the showinventory command

4. look for what ever says worn

5 yous the removeitem <id> command on everything worn except the one that ends in 40f0c since that is the device hider.

hope that helps in the future.

This is one of several ways to fix broken DD yes, I think just simplifying out step 4/5 to player.unequipall and player.removeallitems can fix many of these broken DD item states, but we still haven't managed to find a fix for the cause which is unknown.

i have a recomendation for the "not now who ever you are <to do...> "

it could say something like "lets talk about this later (followers name)"

i think that would work for both asking for sex and finding items.

i also have an idea for the yes master/mistress line based on player submissive

when reaching max submissiveness the line could go from yes master/mistress to thank you master/mistress.

not sure if it would be doable but i do know the followers when submissive and asking for sex do say thank you master/mistress.

Is that todo still there? I thought I changed it to be ambigious already...

Changing the line based on conditions means making a different outcome, you can't easily change the dialogue on the fly in skyrim you just have to make a different dialogue that is similar. Doable though.

I'm stumped. The MCM menu for DEC refuses to show itself. I've done 3 clean saves. I've tried 3 versions. I've used the player.setstage code to make all the MCM menus to show. I removed all the script-heavy mods. I've lit candles to St. Jude. Nothing is working for me. I know it should work because I had the mod working a few months back. What am I missing?

Can I get a papyrus log?

I'm stumped. The MCM menu for DEC refuses to show itself. I've done 3 clean saves. I've tried 3 versions. I've used the player.setstage code to make all the MCM menus to show. I removed all the script-heavy mods. I've lit candles to St. Jude. Nothing is working for me. I know it should work because I had the mod working a few months back. What am I missing?

I'm attaching the Papyrus log.Papyrus.0.log

I'm attaching the Papyrus log.attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Sorry I need another log, one from a completely new game.

This log starts after the mod has finished breaking.

PS looks like Prison overhaul is broken too.

I'm attaching the Papyrus log.attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Sorry I need another log, one from a completely new game.

This log starts after the mod has finished breaking.

PS looks like Prison overhaul is broken too.

The log I attached was from a completely new game. 

I attach the log from a second new game: Papyrus.0.log

That second log looks fine, DEC seems to have started normally, with the only minor error being related to slavetats which you probably don't have.

Well your problem could have been caused by something you removed, assuming you removed heavy script mods trying to fix it and the first log saw some of those mods and the second didn't...

If it wasn't for you testifying that that first log was a new game, I would say you probably suffered a stack dump at some point which broke both DEC and POX at the same time. Stack dumps are silent, they show up in the log but are rarely caught by the player (often no more than a ~100ms pause in the game), and a dump throwing away DEC and POX code would cause these log errors I think (stack dump related errors are often unique based on what was happening at the time). Getting a stack dump right after a new game is kinda rare though, used to happen if you had too many script logs and they all ran heavy on the engine right after start, but most authors stagger their scripting now it doesn't happen too often.

If it was a stack dump, you should keep getting them over and over again until the offending mod gets hit. You can tell if you have a stack dump in any of your logs, old or new, by downloading this and installing Python on your computer and running it. https://gist.github.com/bicobus/089a5f7460dd88dc450689557989100c just move it to your log folder and double click and it should show stack dumps in all logs in the folder you run it. Unfortunately I haven't found an easy way to tell if there was a stack dump in the distant past, out of range of the logs, other than the weird errors in the mods they break.

You could have broken your save with a bad save cleaning, I've done that before. If you clean (read as remove) the wrong pieces other mods can break. Off the top of my head I've cleaned my saves to the point where you can't save, where you can't load without crashing, where everything is broken and will never recover, and where all NPCs disappear. You could try cleaning with a different cleaner or a different method in the cleaner, some different techniques with savetool on the mod description page or try scriptscalpel or Fallrimtools cleaner.

Assuming you were playing with an older save and looked at DEC and found it missing, do you still have that save before cleaning? if so post it here. Sometimes I can get enough data out of the save to find out why it stopped working.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my issue. I started a new game without Defeat or Death Alternative, and now I have the DEC menu, though it shows up with an odd blank space at the top of the menu. I don't know if the removal of Defeat or DA had anything to do with the menu reappearing. I added Cursed Loot (which recommended not using Defeat or DA) and Bodyslide. DEC seems to be working fine now. 

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing Jenga with my load order.  :-/

Thank you for taking the time to look at my issue. I started a new game without Defeat or Death Alternative, and now I have the DEC menu, though it shows up with an odd blank space at the top of the menu

Normal. The first "tab" in the menu is blank, just something I've never bothered to change.

Sometimes it feels like I'm playing Jenga with my load order.  undecided.gif

That's Bethesda for you.

I'm not sure I've ever even changed an actors sexuality through sexlab before...

Do you have a mod that changes them all or something? What does it even say as an error in the log?

Not that I know, I could post my load order? Anyway my followers would not approach (as per the MCM page follower dialogue) when I didn't set follower / PC Sexlab Sexuality correctly, it would search for available followers to approach, but not find any.

Theory: Changing the sexual preference of an NPC sets the previous sex flag.

DEC only considers your followers after the player has had sex with them, at that point they should be intimate enough to casually talk to the player about bondage items they found, ask for more sex, ect. That was my reasoning anyway...

Changing sexlab details about an NPC might set the flag DEC looks for, which I thought was only there for identifying if they have had sex before, but might get set for other reasons.

You can bypass this sex first requirement by manually selecting the follower with the search interface in the follower tab, manually adding them bypasses most conditions that can block finding followers.

I should add a debug though, so users who check the debug know why their follower isn't being found, now that I think of it.

found a random thing with dec (maybe). i have had several times where there has been no indication that the follower wanted to talk (have follower approach directly turned off). when i clicked to trade with them. and have had "(master?) mistress?" show up in the convo. when i click it, it goes into the follower asking for sex.

hope that it was a hidden suprise in dec. if it was from sd+, then i feel that it fits perfectly with dec :)

found a random thing with dec (maybe). i have had several times where there has been no indication that the follower wanted to talk (have follower approach directly turned off). when i clicked to trade with them. and have had "(master?) mistress?" show up in the convo. when i click it, it goes into the follower asking for sex.

hope that it was a hidden suprise in dec. if it was from sd+, then i feel that it fits perfectly with dec :)

Technically a bug, not a feature, but never found a way to fix it and it's not high priority anyway.

explained:

By design, skyrim dialogue is always player started. Dialogue started by an NPC is dialogue that skips the first player interaction, which always has to exist because of the way dialogue exists in skyrim. In this case, the first player interaction for approach dialogue is "Master/mistress?" if the follower has a dom relationship.

Here the approach happens in the background while you are talking to the person who's approach starts, but because the dialogue has a start from the player, like always, and we are already talking to them in dialogue, it shows up in the dialogue as an option rather than being skipped over when the follower starts the dialogue.

This happens for regular non-follower approach too. I can't remember the starting dialogue, but you can be talking to a regular NPC while vulnerable and see their sex approach dialogue pop up the same way.

Why is this a bug worth fixing? DEC should not start dialogue from an interested NPC while the player is talking to another NPC, even if that NPC is the interested NPC is is pertinent for DEC to stop early after detecting the player is busy to save script engine load and give up early, as approaching while the player is already in dialogue is annoying and can break dialogue for mods that forgot to take into account the possibility that dialogue can be interrupted.

NPCs should correctly stop approaching you if you enter into dialogue and we detect it early, and approaches should not happen while you are already in dialogue, yet this bug still exists for some reason...

Technically a bug, not a feature, but never found a way to fix it and it's not high priority anyway.

explained:

By design, skyrim dialogue is always player started. Dialogue started by an NPC is dialogue that skips the first player interaction, which always has to exist because of the way dialogue exists in skyrim. In this case, the first player interaction for approach dialogue is "Master/mistress?" if the follower has a dom relationship.

Here the approach happens in the background while you are talking to the person who's approach starts, but because the dialogue has a start from the player, like always, and we are already talking to them in dialogue, it shows up in the dialogue as an option rather than being skipped over when the follower starts the dialogue.

This happens for regular non-follower approach too. I can't remember the starting dialogue, but you can be talking to a regular NPC while vulnerable and see their sex approach dialogue pop up the same way.

Why is this a bug worth fixing? DEC should not start dialogue from an interested NPC while the player is talking to another NPC, even if that NPC is the interested NPC is is pertinent for DEC to stop early after detecting the player is busy to save script engine load and give up early, as approaching while the player is already in dialogue is annoying and can break dialogue for mods that forgot to take into account the possibility that dialogue can be interrupted.

NPCs should correctly stop approaching you if you enter into dialogue and we detect it early, and approaches should not happen while you are already in dialogue, yet this bug still exists for some reason...

it maybe technically a bug, but it works well enough, and for immursion could be the player asking for sex from the follower. just my opnion though :)

I still get TODOs in the follower dialogues, has this feature been abandonned ?

Which version are you using? Can you name one specifically and/or where in the dialogue is it?

It's possible I missed one but looking through the dialogue in CK I'm not seeing it.

PS Guard dialogue doesn't count.

I'm on one of the latest (installed it on 08-17) according to MO (I haven't checked ingame yet but I always try to be on the latest version).

It happens when a follower finds a Devious Device, he approaches me and I have about 5 options, including "not now, whatever your name is <todo>". If it's of any help, I use the Extensible Follower Framework and my follower is from Interesting NPCs.

Try this version and see if there's a difference.

Edit: you can test follower dialogue faster by adding dec_test.txt to your Skyrim/ folder and then typing bat dec_test in your console to trigger dialogue faster on command.

Looks like it did the trick, thanks smile.png

I understand adding the follower name was too much of a hassle that you decided to remove it completely ?

post-493705-0-80574600-1507828279_thumb.png

DEC stats for current (only) follower:

Enjoys being dom: 30

Enjoys being sub: 0

Thinks player dom: 0

Thinks player sub: 25

And yet he still put an armbinder on himself when he found one (papyrus log attached) and often complains that replying "yes master" when he wants sex, ruins the mood (though not enough to actually refrain from sex). Using version 13.10.3.

Papyrus.0.log

And yet he still put an armbinder on himself when he found one (papyrus log attached) and often complains that replying "yes master" when he wants sex, ruins the mood (though not enough to actually refrain from sex). Using version 13.10.3.

You need negative values (aversion) for NPCs to not want to try to put on items on themselves from time to time.

I haven't replicated the follower saying they hate being called master/mistress when they enjoy being dom though... Need to test some more.

You need negative values (aversion) for NPCs to not want to try to put on items on themselves from time to time.

I haven't replicated the follower saying they hate being called master/mistress when they enjoy being dom though... Need to test some more.

Thanks! I'll adjust the stats accordingly, then.