3 hours ago, Delzaron said:

altered version ? I simply miss the stuff, that's all.

I took the "modified" version by Jahem Kinkaid and made a few more bug fixes, and reworked the dialogue in native English.

The latter has taken ... some time ... many days. You wrote A LOT.

I didn't change the content that much, but the PC gets a bit crazier towards the end, and it doesn't begin most topics with "Hi," which seems a bit upbeat for a servant of the dark gods.

I want to make it available for download on LL. At least the ESP and modified scripts I have done so far.

I may then upload further fixes as I get around to doing them, so that TitD will eventually be, largely, playable without a lot of console hacks.

Can I do that or not?

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I took the "modified" version by Jahem Kinkaid and made a few more bug fixes, and reworked the dialogue in native English.

I didn't change the content that much, but the PC gets a bit crazier towards the end, and it doesn't begin most topics with "Hi," which seems a bit upbeat for a servant of the dark gods.

I want to make it available for download on LL. At least the ESP and modified scripts I have done so far.

I may then upload further fixes as I get around to doing them, so that TitD will eventually be, largely, playable without a lot of console hacks.

Can I do that or not?

Yes, you can.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Can I do that or not?

you are a dark god :D

we need alot more like you. 
real gems are laying here, created by alot of cool and creative people but never got to be polished. 

Delzaron, I really love the ideas and the atmosphere you create. I hope u allow people to make that shine! 

On 3/10/2020 at 2:28 AM, Nymra said:

Delzaron, I really love the ideas and the atmosphere you create. I hope u allow people to make that shine! 

Between topics and infos, there are nearly 3000 lines of dialog in TitD, and many of those have complex conditions, and of course other quest logic surrounding them.

And then there are all the locations... and the NPCs... and the audio...

The original creation of TitD must have been a huge undertaking.

It's really something.

On 3/11/2020 at 5:04 PM, chuckyw said:

I look forward to your version being posted Lupine

I'm waiting to see if @Jahem_kinkaid who did the "modified" version will respond.

If it goes a while with nothing from him, then I'll post regardless, as it's really Delzaron's thing, but Jahem did the "modified" updates, and it seems polite to give him a reasonable chance to express his position.

In the meantime, I'm going over the dialogs again, which will take a good while anyway.

3 hours ago, ovidius171 said:

great!

and anyway i fuked up my game again with the install of new MNC XPMSE and FNIS grrrrr

soo can wait hehehe

It's not like you'll find it flawlessly playable. It's got a few less bugs than before, but still there are a few blockers that I know of, and probably many more I don't.

The dialog is a big thing though.

Delzaron had a knack of packing a lot into a single line, and it was sometimes hard to make it more ... natural ... and keep the necessary information.

Some lines really should be split into two topics because they deal with two completely different things. It was done for efficiency, but it creates problems too.

Mostly though, I find it all works except for the NPCs usually have no quest markers and have wandered off to silly places.

I don't think Skyrim works at all well with NPC quest markers in worlds besides Skyrim.

As for the location markers, you definitely have to do those explicitly or they usually do not show.

It's an iterative process. Each time there's work done on it, it gets a bit more playable.

The flip side is that it's just so big. You couldn't make something from scratch like this without months of work for a whole team.

I suspect Delzaron could only make it by sacrificing to dark gods himself. No human hands could have made this great and terrible thing!

On 3/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, Lupine00 said:

but still there are a few blockers

how my keyboard still not work for open the console i will try with jackson's positioner

On 3/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, Lupine00 said:

I suspect Delzaron could only make it by sacrificing to dark gods himself. No human hands could have made this great and terrible thing!

i suspect i don't understood even half of what you wrote upper (im really tierd) but i agreed Delzaron is great!

et en plus on ne sais pas ce qu'il a pris comme "vitamines" ... a base des champignons? lol

bon i restart my game now all seems ok but i drop out (for now) half of my mods

im sure i have a bad install of skyrim himself but when i think to start' it up from zero .....Nooooooo!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just getting back to Skyrim after weeks off. Various urgent things I need to fix now.

I was playing last night though...

Ran into an issue in the aTID2zSolitude1 quest.

Possibly, this issue only shows in the MODIFIED version...

Basically, you arrive at the NPC and she says you need to go and kill a troll and some dwemer scrap.

This quest is broken because you already killed the troll on the way there, and the completion script for the kill checks the stage, so it does nothing, and they you're stuck.

Same with the other stuff.

Then you have to activate a teleporter, which is already active, and how you got in.

I'm guessing that MODIFIED activated this teleporter to fix some pain with previous quests that made you go to Liar's Retreat, which is otherwise extremely tedious to access because it's accessed off Echo Cave, but you have no way to know that, and will never, ever find the way in. By making it accessible from Ibn fairly early on, various Liar's Retreat quests are rendered practically-possible.

But this has the effect of breaking the Solitude quest to open the way.

What's the best fix there I wonder?

1) Remove all the quest stages about opening the way as completely superfluous - in which case the whole thing is just a trip to have a pointless conversation. That's not much different from a lot of TitD quests, so it's a possibility.

2) Remove the MODIFIED hack that opened up the path to Liar's Retreat, so you have to do it all the way it was originally intended.

This creates other problems, as Liar's Retreat is now impossible to find, and tedious to get to. Also, still breaks if you somehow do the dwemer bit first.

3) Like (1) but add some chore you need to complete in Echo Cave that you get from the NPC in Liar's Retreat.

4) Make the NPC realise you cleared the earlier objectives no matter when they were cleared and flag the information in some globals or something.

Another issue is that Echo Cave is "broken" by some lame Interesting NPCs quest with the guy who wants to administer justice/killing that links into the vanilla quest.

That guy drags you into the vanilla quest the moment you speak to him. You cannot back out of it. You're then stuck with him following you, basically forever unless you do a quest you can't easily do as it assumes you are hostile to Falmer.

Best you can do with that guy is disable him on sight, or not install Interesting NPCs.

TitD needs to be noted incompatible with 3DNPCs or could make a patch, but really no time for the latter.

In terms of time available, 1 looks best, but maybe somebody has a better idea.

19 hours ago, MaximusApp said:

whelp another reason to get rid of interesting npcs since they weren't were interesting to begin with, more like "monologue npcs" :d

The entire reason for 3DNPC is the crazy quest with the woman who wants to be a Hagraven, who is simply lame, and the family she wants you to kill, who are bat-shit-crazy-spot-on-Lovecraftian-weirdness. Poisoning that bunch is a mercy for everyone involved.

Apart from that, too many smug overbearing NPCs... I guess the Dwemerborn is kind of funny in the way he turns up at various odd moments to do something amazingly dumb.

Overall, it doesn't fit well with TitD's tone, so yes, probably better to avoid it in a TitD-centered game.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The entire reason for 3DNPC is the crazy quest with the woman who wants to be a Hagraven, who is simply lame, and the family she wants you to kill, who are bat-shit-crazy-spot-on-Lovecraftian-weirdness. Poisoning that bunch is a mercy for everyone involved.

Apart from that, too many smug overbearing NPCs... I guess the Dwemerborn is kind of funny in the way he turns up at various odd moments to do something amazingly dumb.

Overall, it doesn't fit well with TitD's tone, so yes, probably better to avoid it in a TitD-centered game.

Yes, a rexrite of the scenario is needed, and useless side quests and npcs should be deleted. Need to be more focused on the city too...

8 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Yes, a rexrite of the scenario is needed, and useless side quests and npcs should be deleted. Need to be more focused on the city too...

I was talking about 3DNPC, not TitD.

But simplifying the chores to open up Solitude make sense.

At that point in the story you just want to push on, not walk back and forth through those Deep Folk Crossing teleporters five-thousand times.

I found that the portcullis in Solitude Underworld never unlocks, but I think that's a trivial fix. I'll just make the pull-chain work; it's probably not wired up.

Should it be locked until you kill the Draugr?

I don't see the point really. What benefit is there in that?

You have to defeat the Draugr to use it, even if you can't kill him.

My latest blocker is meeting Chaur Tegoth...

The Whispering One tries to walk through a locked gate and gets stuck.

I went through the tower and entered the CT compound through the doorway.

Whispering One ported himself into the compound.

Whispering One and CT have quest arrows on them, but neither has any interaction I can perform that advances the quest.

TitD as normal :) 

Got another thing to be fixed, if it hasn't already.  There are several named essential falmer in vanilla dungeons that are easy to run into.  They cannot be killed.  If these falmer are essential to the mod, they should spawn when needed, or be moved .  Also areas of this mod are too easy to stumble into, and the mod does not seem to have a scenario for that.  I would expect that if I stumbled into those areas, I should be expecting to be captured or something.

I've ran at the problem I don't know how to fix. I'm playing Legendary edition and using Mod Organiser. When I'm trying to run game with Things in the dark active i'm getting message: "Please try running skse_loader as an administrator". When I'm trying to do so, I recieve another message: "Couldn't inject dll". And that's it. Without the mod game is running perfectly. Can you please help me?

On 5/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, Kirful said:

I've ran at the problem I don't know how to fix. I'm playing Legendary edition and using Mod Organiser. When I'm trying to run game with Things in the dark active i'm getting message: "Please try running skse_loader as an administrator". When I'm trying to do so, I recieve another message: "Couldn't inject dll". And that's it. Without the mod game is running perfectly. Can you please help me?

It's because TID include a SKSE script (i was an attemp to make the mod more stable). just delete it before installation.