• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm having a problem where I complete the quest "Inquiry in Windhelm..." but the next quest doesn't start? I've tried setstage too and that doesn't seem to help. The mod worked fine until I had a bug appear and reloading it back to this point just had this problem occuring. Going to have a look through this topic now to see if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix until someone can help me out. Apologies, I'm quite new to this hole modding thing. :P

Edit: Looked at a few other posts here and tried a few things out and managed to get it working again! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 1:12 AM, Jonesowns96 said:

Hey, I'm having a problem where I complete the quest "Inquiry in Windhelm..." but the next quest doesn't start? I've tried setstage too and that doesn't seem to help. The mod worked fine until I had a bug appear and reloading it back to this point just had this problem occuring. Going to have a look through this topic now to see if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix until someone can help me out. Apologies, I'm quite new to this hole modding thing. :P

Edit: Looked at a few other posts here and tried a few things out and managed to get it working again! 

Frabi is the one you need to talk.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this forum is still active... but anyway.

So, I got stuck on "The Lurking Fear" part. The quest log tells me to "interrogate people of Windhelm about Doran Derleth" but no dialogue options related to this quest appear and the quest target is set at the farmhouse near Morkarth where Doran Derleth just stand and there are no dialogue options with him either .. Have no clue on what to do next.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, Delzaron said:

First bug for me: The quest mark for "interogate the warlock" shows outside of Skyrim past the nordic ruin were you battle the Dragon Priest Hevnoraak. Don´t know if anyone be having this bug yet.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, Delzaron said:

I don't know this one...

Yeah, I had the same issue. He literraly spawns in Ibn and there is no way you can to get to him withiout using movetoqt command 

9 hours ago, AngryDude25 said:

Yeah, I had the same issue. He literraly spawns in Ibn and there is no way you can to get to him withiout using movetoqt command 

He's moving... slowly.

9 hours ago, AngryDude25 said:

Nvm this part .. -_- I just haven't seen recent posts 

This mod is in rework since a long time... and I' blocked into the city redesign.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JohnBear123 said:

I need some help, I'm stuck on the 'whispers are coming quest', I need to speak to Azenith Derleth but have no idea where to find her. The quest marker leads to the fishery but thats a dead end. Can anyone tell me where to find her?

Don't trust that damn marker. The fishery is like a vortex which aspire it. Find Azenith (she can be in Ibn, at the casern, in the inn, or at markart farms)

28 minutes ago, justbob2 said:

Is there a way to get back the stuff you lost at the beginning if you become a servant?  The revenge quest says to contact the thieves guild, but I get no conversation options when I do.

Yep.

There is a chest in the slaver master home. Your stuff is stored here.

Hi I've pretty much finished the main quest, but I have a question which involves one of the last quests. I believe the Id was aTID3zfree, and I managed to complete it but originally when the dwarven ghost shows up he gives you two options, one was to betray them and the other is to continue freeing the god. I wanted to go for the first option but there was no quest progression or anything, so i had to go with the other. Is there a way to complete it and betray them or go make the falmer hostile to you again in any way. I want to fight the falmer again in short, and I've tried faction id's with console commands but nothings happens and they remain allys.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:42 AM, Sebguzma1 said:

Hi I've pretty much finished the main quest, but I have a question which involves one of the last quests. I believe the Id was aTID3zfree, and I managed to complete it but originally when the dwarven ghost shows up he gives you two options, one was to betray them and the other is to continue freeing the god. I wanted to go for the first option but there was no quest progression or anything, so i had to go with the other. Is there a way to complete it and betray them or go make the falmer hostile to you again in any way. I want to fight the falmer again in short, and I've tried faction id's with console commands but nothings happens and they remain allys.

yes, there is, but I don't garantee it's not bugged.

When you complete the sequence, you'll get a opportunity to confim your decision. If you confirm your betrayel, Chaur tegoth will be banished, and everybody will become hostile to you.

After a time, you'll be captured, and send to the dream lands... meeting chaur tegoth again, in a very furious mood...

• 3 weeks later...

NEED HELP PLEASE. 

I'm now doing the quest: Tunnelling

i followed Daithe to the ruin and she walked us down to the rubble... stuff. One problem... No dialogue. She's just stood there telling us over and over how she once was a bandit. I've killed her, punched her, restarted on new save.  some reason the setstage isn't recognised. 

Anyone  know if i'm doing something wrong? Anything to get her to talk? 

20200106121849_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Dovahblood12 said:

NEED HELP PLEASE. 

I'm now doing the quest: Tunnelling

i followed Daithe to the ruin and she walked us down to the rubble... stuff. One problem... No dialogue. She's just stood there telling us over and over how she once was a bandit. I've killed her, punched her, restarted on new save.  some reason the setstage isn't recognised. 

Anyone  know if i'm doing something wrong? Anything to get her to talk? 

20200106121849_1.jpg

the scene seems to have a problem to begin... setstage it.

btw, I like your picture !

I love TID, its very awesome.  But that said I'm stuck and I'm not sure what to do next.  I ran all of the slave quests that Daithe told me to do.  I finished the last thing and went back to her, the only dialogue option was to say that I really want to know about her and get a "good assignment" or something similar to that.  I saw a message flash by about completing (I think Underworld...….) and now I have no quests or anything to do.  What quest should be next?  I can use the console but I want to start the correct one.  I have not been given any option to tunnel (?)  I marked what tasks that I've done below.  Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.  I've tried talking to Daithe, Hashep and Kerek and I just get the same old lines.  Should I auction myself off lol?

Strange things happened in Windhelm. People disapeared or were found as piles of bloody bones... The Jarl decides to let the stewart hire people for an enquiry... 

• Done    aTID0Starter : collect rumors from Whiterun citizens and Inn keepers. 
  • Done    aTID1Begin : make your inquiry, meet Windhelm dunmers, and Frabbi. 
  • Done    aTID1Falmer : made your Inquiry on the Derleth Family... and face the truth. 

1bis : slavery part.  
Player will be used for Falmers needs, and for tunneling... 

• Done    aTID1Slave1 : you awake into a dwemer ruin... with Frabbi, and surronded by falmers. Made your first tasks as a slave. 

This quest manage all the slavery part. It also contains the variables slavejob, slavenote, etc... necessary for completing the tasks, get quests, and new masters. 

• Done    aTID1SlaveJobDaithe : when player works for Daithe 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveJobHashep : when the player works for Hashep 
  • Done    aTIDSlaveJobMine : when the player work in the mine. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskMine : mine ores. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskMine : get food for the miners. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskHashepFarm : Help Hashep to cook the soup for tonight... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskHashepForge : Hashep need some chopping mushrooms axes... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskHashepMeat : collect human meat. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskDaitheSex : learn how Falmers treat slaves... by the bad way... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskDaitheTrain : a little remind of your position... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskFish : fishing salmons. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskMutator : breed some chaurus eggs... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskKozel : get milk for Kozel... from you own breasts 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskSimza : sell your ass in the Molag Bal songs Brothel. 
  • No    aTID1SlaveTaskPunishement : get punished 
  • No    aTID1SlaveTaskDeath : be food for chaurus 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskKerek : fight for death for beef meat... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTraffic : a little quest for getting a merchant, just for slaves.

I think I figured it out.  I started atid1tunnel and after dragging daithe here tunnelling is happening 

Delzaron, I went through tunneling, I did not flee, the quest completes all stages (except for escaping of course) and when I go to talk to Daithe I am having the same problem again.  She isn't giving me anything to advance the quest.  Do you have a list of the quests in order I can use to call up the next ones or is there supposed to be a quest "overseeing things" that I need to start up.  

I guess I will setstage atid1whisper1.  Hope I'm starting in the correct order.  

Update: atid1whisper1 isn't working.  Every time I use setstage atid1whisper1 0 or 10 the stages do not update. I can't get the quest to start. Please help anyone who knows what is the correct next quest for me. (yes I rebooted and tried the game again, reloaded etc no changes) 

18 hours ago, chuckyw said:

Delzaron, I went through tunneling, I did not flee, the quest completes all stages (except for escaping of course) and when I go to talk to Daithe I am having the same problem again.  She isn't giving me anything to advance the quest.  Do you have a list of the quests in order I can use to call up the next ones or is there supposed to be a quest "overseeing things" that I need to start up.  

Update: atid1whisper1 isn't working.  Every time I use setstage atid1whisper1 0 or 10 the stages do not update. I can't get the quest to start. Please help anyone who knows what is the correct next quest for me. (yes I rebooted and tried the game again, reloaded etc no changes) 

Ah, this is a long time i didn't played TID...

On 1/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, fejeena said:

I never played the prostitute service part. I didn't know that Bloodlines have prostitutes.

For me there are too many not compatible things in the mod. ( LoverMB2, LoversTrueCrimeEx, many locations, used NPC (I'm sure the Mod is not compatible with LoversSituations) , .... )

After I had the problem that I was notable to enter a houses and a NPC AI pack did not work because of Mod conflicts I stopped playing Bloodlines.

Ask in the Bloodline threads we have, maybe someone know how to fix the prostitues

On 1/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, chuckyw said:

I love TID, its very awesome.  But that said I'm stuck and I'm not sure what to do next.  I ran all of the slave quests that Daithe told me to do.  I finished the last thing and went back to her, the only dialogue option was to say that I really want to know about her and get a "good assignment" or something similar to that.  I saw a message flash by about completing (I think Underworld...….) and now I have no quests or anything to do.  What quest should be next?  I can use the console but I want to start the correct one.  I have not been given any option to tunnel (?)  I marked what tasks that I've done below.  Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.  I've tried talking to Daithe, Hashep and Kerek and I just get the same old lines.  Should I auction myself off lol?

Strange things happened in Windhelm. People disapeared or were found as piles of bloody bones... The Jarl decides to let the stewart hire people for an enquiry... 

• Done    aTID0Starter : collect rumors from Whiterun citizens and Inn keepers. 
  • Done    aTID1Begin : make your inquiry, meet Windhelm dunmers, and Frabbi. 
  • Done    aTID1Falmer : made your Inquiry on the Derleth Family... and face the truth. 

1bis : slavery part.  
Player will be used for Falmers needs, and for tunneling... 

• Done    aTID1Slave1 : you awake into a dwemer ruin... with Frabbi, and surronded by falmers. Made your first tasks as a slave. 

This quest manage all the slavery part. It also contains the variables slavejob, slavenote, etc... necessary for completing the tasks, get quests, and new masters. 

• Done    aTID1SlaveJobDaithe : when player works for Daithe 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveJobHashep : when the player works for Hashep 
  • Done    aTIDSlaveJobMine : when the player work in the mine. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskMine : mine ores. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskMine : get food for the miners. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskHashepFarm : Help Hashep to cook the soup for tonight... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskHashepForge : Hashep need some chopping mushrooms axes... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskHashepMeat : collect human meat. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskDaitheSex : learn how Falmers treat slaves... by the bad way... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskDaitheTrain : a little remind of your position... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskFish : fishing salmons. 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskMutator : breed some chaurus eggs... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskKozel : get milk for Kozel... from you own breasts 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskSimza : sell your ass in the Molag Bal songs Brothel. 
  • No    aTID1SlaveTaskPunishement : get punished 
  • No    aTID1SlaveTaskDeath : be food for chaurus 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTaskKerek : fight for death for beef meat... 
  • Done    aTID1SlaveTraffic : a little quest for getting a merchant, just for slaves.

I think I figured it out.  I started atid1tunnel and after dragging daithe here tunnelling is happening 

Yeah, I know ?

In term of content, TID is a huge quest mod... but it's very bugged.

Since a long time, I wish to redo it, but I didn't succeed yet.

23 hours ago, chuckyw said:

I don't know... I faced quests scripts corruption... maybe it's the case here. reinstall the scripts, and/or setstage to 200 to skip quest.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:02 AM, chuckyw said:

Another quick question. The falmer spy quest, "last seen near the guard castle and works for some vampires".  What building is this talking about? I can't find anything like that.

Thank you

I don't even remember myself !

Well I just finished TID.  Very good mod, I expected some script problems and such so it never bothered me.  Delzaron did a good job being 1 person trying to do something the size of an official DLC.  I'm very happy I tried this and I will definitely be trying FTD next.  

On 1/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, chuckyw said:

Well I just finished TID.  Very good mod, I expected some script problems and such so it never bothered me.  Delzaron did a good job being 1 person trying to do something the size of an official DLC.  I'm very happy I tried this and I will definitely be trying FTD next.  

Thanks.

By the way, If I could recruit a team for rebuilt TID, it could be good...

I'm trying to play through TiD now.

I'm using the "modified" version.

I made some good progress with that at the start, and almost everything was fixed by the modification patch, bar some little details. Quests all progressed...

Then I got the Tunneling, and I guess I reached the end of the fixes. 

The spying quest and the plot that followed worked ok, but once you get to aTID1zEnd, things go to pieces again.

Now, to progress, I think I spend half an hour in the CK for every fives minutes in the game.

Every quest, and every dialog has some problem with it, from things as basic as top-level dialogs not being set top-level (progression blockers) to quests that simply lack any possible way to progress, to bad markers, to the NPCs constantly porting themselves out into Skyrim so they can't be found, to ... well ... it goes on. Things like the broken dialogs cannot be blamed on interactions with other mods, nor can the missing progression steps, that stuff is just ... wrong in the ESP, it's as simple as that. No other mod, and no load order, can be blamed for it.

None of this stuff is rocket science to fix, but there are so many bad development patterns that have led to this situation - that it's really time consuming to work on. Plus, it's so large, that various dialogs instantly crash the CK.

The pattern that irks me the most is quest stages that rely on the dialog fragment that sets the stage to set up some state, otherwise they are inconsistent/corrupt.

This means you cannot simply setstage when things go wrong, because you will end up skipping important script actions, the quest later relies on, to progress.

So then you have to setstage again, and again, and you're not playing any more, you're just using the console.

If those things had been done in the stage init fragment - making each stage self-contained - it would have saved a ton of fixing, because you could just setstage instead. But if that had been done, the quests would have been easier to test too, and with an established pattern, wouldn't be prone to errors where something gets forgotten, so probably wouldn't have been broken to start with.

I keep hoping that if I persevere I'll hit a bit where it goes smoothly again, but if anything it only seems to be getting worse as I progress.

I honestly can't understand how chuckyw managed to finish it without using setstage on just about every step of every quest from Tunneling onwards.

There are lots of neat "things" in the dark, but practical playability is zero.

Having played the modified start, I don't think it needs a total revamp, it just needs a few playthroughs to clean up the bugs.

The modified version has fixed a lot of stuff, but there is a whole lot more to fix. Each quest needs tracing through to see that it can be completed, then playing to see that it really can be completed.

The other big issue is the wandering NPCs. In most cases these can be fixed by resetting their position on a regular basis, especially whenever they become a quest objective, in the way Daithe is reset on occasion. Daithe fails to get positioned throughout the later stages of Tunneling, and that causes problems.

However, it's likely a mod is causing this. Maybe AI Overhaul. The problem can probably be fixed by ensuring that such an offending mod leaves the NPCs alone, and there's likely a way to do that.

Also, some travel packages fail in strange ways, but I think it's mainly down to aliases not filling, despite being tied to specific unique NPCs. This might also explain the strange quest objectives. Something 'funky' is happening with those aliases, there seems to be issues with all unique actors. Maybe setting them in code might fix them, but it's clutching at straws. Azhra and Daithe have both had this problem.

The lesson from DF was that patching up badly designed quest architecture and dialogs ends up more time consuming than making new ones that are clean, but building the architecture and setting markers, and creating NPCs, is highly time consuming. Cleaning the quests and packages out of TitD and remaking those, but keeping the cells might work, but a lot of the cells lack polish too, with misalignments showing up in all the infrequently traveled areas, doors that open into things, and some oddities of design, like the wooden houses in a stone cavern, that does actually have trees growing in it.