R.I.P. - germanicus

I just have one thing to say to all of those "nice" people who attacked germanicus's son - I wish you'll be treated the same way you treating poor fellow, especially Thulas. Man, where did you learn your manners? In school for dictators? Who do you think you are? You are very heartless and senseless person, as some of the people here. The man lost his father and some of you behaved like first class morons.

You didn't read his post - in the memory of my father, germanicus in which he explained why did he continued "walking in his father's shoes" - IT WAS HIS FATHER'S DESIRE. He wanted to show respect to his father by keeping posting under his avatar.

Yo can hate me now and say whatever you want but people like Thulas and similar could be smarter and avoid to hurt him more then was hurt. If you don't like the guy you could PM him instead of publicly disgrase him. Shame on you.

Gee, I'm so pissed off.

Never mind people. Now I can see. Well, you can relax now since I already PMed ashal to remove my (father's) account. Thank you Thulas and many of you. You can have a happy dance soon since you wouldn't seen gremanicu's name any more. It's just a matter of time. Wish you all the best.

Do your own choices.

I'm sorry to hear that you'll leave from here. But I hope this is what you really want to do and if you are sure about this.

Don't let people say what you have to do. I just hope you'll be fine in the future he you leave us.

I just have one thing to say to all of those "nice" people who attacked germanicus's son - I wish you'll be treated the same way you treating poor fellow, especially Thulas. Man, where did you learn your manners? In school for dictators? Who do you think you are? You are very heartless and senseless person, as some of the people here. The man lost his father and some of you behaved like first class morons.

You didn't read his post - in the memory of my father, germanicus in which he explained why did he continued "walking in his father's shoes" - IT WAS HIS FATHER'S DESIRE. He wanted to show respect to his father by keeping posting under his avatar.

Yo can hate me now and say whatever you want but people like Thulas and similar could be smarter and avoid to hurt him more then was hurt. If you don't like the guy you could PM him instead of publicly disgrase him. Shame on you.

Gee, I'm so pissed off.

Welcome to the internet, a magical place where you have to question the truth of basically everything. And a place where you may not have a thin skin and be sensitive.

These two things - especially the first part - should be explanation enough why you don't really got a point there with your accusions.

Never mind people. Now I can see. Well, you can relax now since I already PMed ashal to remove my (father's) account. Thank you Thulas and many of you. You can have a happy dance soon since you wouldn't seen gremanicu's name any more. It's just a matter of time. Wish you all the best.

Just do what ever you want. It's not like it will save the world or make anyone really happy, no matter if you keep that name and avatar or not. Scrap it, keep it, give it a gilged frame, just do what you think is best for yourself.

Welcome to the internet, a magical place where you have to question the truth of basically everything. And a place where you may not have a thin skin and be sensitive.

These two things - especially the first part - should be explanation enough why you don't really got a point there with your accusions.

Nobody is questioning the "questioning", but your approach. You really have communications issue. I don't know how older you and I do not care, but man, you need to go to "upgrade" your social skills. I red some of your posts to some people. You were kind when wanted to which is telling me that you didn't like germanicus. I don't know and don't care what was between to of you, but you disappointed me very much. Will gladly put you in "ignore".

Nobody is questioning the "questioning", but your approach. You really have communications issue. I don't know how older you and I do not care, but man, you need to go to "upgrade" your social skills. I red some of your posts to some people. You were kind when wanted to which is telling me that you didn't like germanicus. I don't know and don't care what was between to of you, but you disappointed me very much. Will gladly put you in "ignore".

Feel free to put me on ignore if you wish, if it makes you feel better, just go for it. Though it sounds..odd to hear that I disappointed you. I didn't even knew I was supposed to live up to anyone's expectation.

But I will spare you from any details, as you don't care about them anyway, it seems.

E.T. - please, stop. Just drop it.

Apperantly he already dropped it, so don't worry about that. Just get that avatar back up already. And lick some elves. And..I don't know, just do what you usually do to enjoy your time on here.

I've merged all the recent threads concerning the passing of germanicus.

I know this is probably a difficult situation in your life. I'm sorry for your loss and I know people cope with things like the loss of a loved one differently.

But please try to keep it all in this one thread and don't start a new one every day.

I am sorry for your loss, I know it hurts and the few that are being rude isn't helping any. Unfortunately there are jerks in every community and you just can't get away from them. No reason for drastic measures at least not until you had good time to think on it. There is no reason or rule to have your fathers account deleted. The issues of those few are their issues and theirs alone.

Ignore those jerks and focus on the positive members here. If necessary.. block each and every one of them until some time in the future when you had the time to properly grieve and are able to deal with them again. Remember you are just as welcome here as anyone else regardless of their personal opinions and thoughts on the situation.

I am sorry for your loss, I know it hurts and the few that are being rude isn't helping any. Unfortunately there are jerks in every community and you just can't get away from them. No reason for drastic measures at least not until you had good time to think on it. There is no reason or rule to have your fathers account deleted. The issues of those few are their issues and theirs alone.

Ignore those jerks and focus on the positive members here. If necessary.. block each and every one of them until some time in the future when you had the time to properly grieve and are able to deal with them again. Remember you are just as welcome here as anyone else regardless of their personal opinions and thoughts on the situation.

Listen to the words of the this wise man. Take your time for grieving, don't post or log in if necessary although I know you wanted to fulfil your father's wish. Some of the folks who hurt you just being jealous on your kindness, openness and your popularity. There will always be various morons and you have to learn to face them and ignore them. I'm  new on this forum and I'm shocked with some people's attitude. They should keep their mouth shout if can't say anything positive and good to you. Keep strong man and don't let anybody to break you. You are above them.

Listen to the words of the this wise man. Take your time for grieving, don't post or log in if necessary although I know you wanted to fulfil your father's wish. Some of the folks who hurt you just being jealous on your kindness, openness and your popularity. There will always be various morons and you have to learn to face them and ignore them. I'm  new on this forum and I'm shocked with some people's attitude. They should keep their mouth shout if can't say anything positive and good to you. Keep strong man and don't let anybody to break you. You are above them.

There are many here that support you. Focus on those individuals.

This is an unfortunate situation, both germanicus’ passing and the reaction of a few.  Genuinely pathetic things have been said by members here with thousands of posts; people who should know better.  What these people have done is one of the sorriest instances of human bile and ‘this is the internet and I can say what I want, deal with it’ antisocial ignorance I’ve seen on any game forum.  They’ve used germanicus’ passing and the admittedly questionable use of his account to be DICKS.  Shame on them, shame on the people who up-voted their venom, and shame on the rest of us for tolerating it.

Well damn.  Accept my condolences on your loss. 

Unexpected loss sucks.  It's one thing to know it's coming,  quite another when it hits you right out of the blue.  It will take some time to come to grips with it, but you're always welcome here. 

Try to ignore the few who lack the insight to understand that, they too, will someday experience the end of the cycle of life. 

Well, all I was trying to say was that if it was a hoax, then it was in poor taste, but, I'll accept that this very well is true and, again offer my condolences, however little value it may have. I will admit though, openly saying that I blocked him was distasteful on my behalf. I may have irked some people on this site by saying what I said, and they may not like me, but, I don't give a damn what they have to think, but, Adam on the other hand, to you I do believe I owe an apology, because my comments were cold and unnecessary.

On another note Adam, maybe staying, and posting on your other account may be the right call, if you're dead-set on removing your dads account. Outright leaving, if you DO like the community, sounds like you're taking your ball and going home.

I haven't logged into LL for a couple of weeks,  and am greeted with this. He was a very cool guy, made me laugh and I even spoke to him privately a couple of times. He never had a mean thing to say about anyone. 

He must be having a hell of a time chasing elves or angels or whatever afterlife or reincarnation he may have believed in.

R.I.P germ.

Shame on them, shame on the people who up-voted their venom, and shame on the rest of us for tolerating it.

Earlier today Germanicus started another thread on this general topic called "stumbling blocks." On that thread Thulas made a comment that I up-voted. Now that all of the threads have been merged the context of Thulas' comment and the up-votes it got on the "stumbling blocks" thread is totally lost. Now it looks like I came to this RIP thread, read a negative comment (negative in the context of this thread) and up-voted it. Now that the threads are merged, if I could take back my up-vote I would because it is inappropriate on this RIP thread. Because it leaves otherwise-good people looking bad, merging these threads was not a great idea.

Germanicus was a good guy. I liked him and I miss having him around. And I have no desire to crap on him, his memory, or his son.

R.I.P. thread

What I've seen going on here had better not pop up in other ones either. So what if you have doubts - when last I told people to show a little more tact about all this, it meant: realize that this ain't about you, your mad detective skills or your preferred way of expressing yourselves. That's what tact means. Enough already.

Archived