[BETA TESTING] Devious Surrender V2

I would love to see Death Alternative support in this mod.

Nooooooo!

There are plenty of mods supporting DA, but DA doesn't work for everyone.

One reason is that DA doesn't work reliably with Deviously Cursed Loot, which is a great mod.

This is an evolution of the Submit series of mods which are a self-contained alternative to Death Alternative, and that's great.

*gasp* , no way please stay clear of DA... keep things simple... 

It is simple. I didn't said that it should be required to work. I just said that DA support as optional would be nice.

Nooooooo!

One reason is that DA doesn't work reliably with Deviously Cursed Loot, which is a great mod.

This is an evolution of the Submit series of mods which are a self-contained alternative to Death Alternative, and that's great.

It is simple. I didn't said that it should be required to work. I just said that DA support as optional would be nice.

u know that this mod already has its own death function, to allow DA support it will have to be disabled and then existing functions linking to the DA API...., idk but this mod is different from sexlab defeat which does not have its own death function, thats why DA is not a re-req...

just saying..

Nooooooo!

u know that this mod already has its own death function, to allow DA support it will have to be disabled and then existing functions linking to the DA API...., idk but this mod is different from sexlab defeat which does not have its own death function, thats why DA is not a re-req...

just saying..

Defeat does have its own death function (or at least it used to) but was made to be compatible with DA.

Nooooooo!

just saying..

Repeating again. Making an compatibility doesn't mean that it has to be DA only. Defeat has it's own death function, it has stun too. You don't have to disable death function to make it DA compatible, you do disable if user wanna to.

Nooooooo!

just saying..

Repeating again. Making an compatibility doesn't mean that it has to be DA only. Defeat has it's own death function, it has stun too. You don't have to disable death function to make it DA compatible, you do disable if user wanna to.

To be honest, I would much rather see MixedupJim devote his development time on this mod to making this mod both unique and as good as possible. Maybe in the future DA support could be added, but for now I think it would be a waste of valuable development time. Obviously its ultimately his choice, but I'd rather DA not be supported. Its too buggy for me (and apparently a great many others) to even consider using in a long playthrough.

Great job, MixedupJim. I have a small problem. Every time I'm captured, the lock combination is the same: fish, fish, fish.

Thanks for your excellent work.

Ah yes....I forgot to change it from my testing set up so I could easily escape (or fail). I'll be randomising it in the next update :)

I have a problem where the captor doesnt do any animations once i am bound. As soon as i am in the bondage the captor walks and resumes his business. i then have to pick the lock which i havent succeeded in yet and then nothing else happens. i dont get punished for trying to escape or anything, the game just stays in a state where i cant do anything. any ideas on how i can fix this

Try the latest version. There was an issue with the old version where a non-critical failure (which doesn't produce a punishment) wouldn't reset the tumbler puzzle and you would get stuck. It should be working now (or at least it seems to be at my end)

Thanks for your mod MixedupJim. It's already running great so far and the features to come look promising.

There's just one thing I might throw in for discussion. The locking mechanism isn't really a challenge and solved easily atm.

So I wonder if one will ever come to stage 6/final punishment (when implemented) if not intentionally trying to fail?

That's a very good point. I shall add a MCM option to turn the locking noises off so that you simply won't know if you selected a correct tumbler or not. I was thinking of maybe having 3 levels of difficulty

Easy - As it is now with the different sounds for getting a correct tumbler or not

Medium - Tumbler noises off but still getting the "it moved a bit", "it moved quite a lot", "it didn't move at all" messages which tell you if you got 1, 2 or 0 tumblers correct

Hard - Absolutely no feed back at all!

thanks for sharing, this is better than defeat at least things doesn't break that often, but there is a noticeable delay when the script is running perhaps a system msg indicating this delay or players might get confused thinking their PC is stuck in limbo, delay is between 10-30 secs long.

edit: currently it works on both human and creatures, think both are running on the same script, any intention to separate them in the future?

It does indeed work for both humanoids and animals. My plan is to have separate support and to have specific scenes for certain types of creatures e.g. a proper spider scene!

However, for other creatures I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do yet.

Realism would seem to indicate that a pack of wolves would kill you and not spare your life, whereas a spider may not kill you but just incapacitate you ready for eating later or lay eggs in you so the babies have food, and plugging in nicely to Estrus Chaurus Spider Add-on :)

Semi intelligent creatures like giants, trolls, draugr etc would seem capable of capturing and using any defeated player.

Other animals like wolves, bears, sabercats etc I'm pretty sure would just kill you. What do you think? Should these types of creatures kill you outright? Or should they perhaps maul you and leave you for dead and then have a possibility of someone finding you and taking advantage or maybe even rescuing you?

I think getting rid of the noise associated with individual success on each tumbler would be good enough. It still would be easy enough to solve most of the time, but you would be able to get the bad stuff occasionally without trying.

Indeed, good point....see above :)

I have no plans to support death alternative at the moment. That's not to say it won't happen...I believe it is very easy to integrate into DA. We'll see how things progress :)

To be honest, I would much rather see MixedupJim devote his development time on this mod to making this mod both unique and as good as possible. Maybe in the future DA support could be added, but for now I think it would be a waste of valuable development time. Obviously its ultimately his choice, but I'd rather DA not be supported. Its too buggy for me (and apparently a great many others) to even consider using in a long playthrough.

That's the plan for the moment, but I know soft support for DA is easy to do and shouldn't interfere with those who do not wish to use it. We'll see how things go :)

"Other animals like wolves, bears, sabercats etc I'm pretty sure would just kill you. What do you think? Should these types of creatures kill you outright? Or should they perhaps maul you and leave you for dead and then have a possibility of someone finding you and taking advantage or maybe even rescuing you?"

Sounds good. I don't like back to loading screen option. Rescued or taken advantage seems a good way to go. As to what that may be.. i don't know.. depends on how much effort you plan for  it. For instance you could be found by guards, thalmor or maybe stormcloak or imperial patrols, ofc if you're of the opposite faction they won't be nice to you... or as i mentioned earlier maybe a beggar finds you. 

It could become a very complex system, the thing i'm curious about is if you plan to have the Dragonborn status play any part in what happens. 

I'm not a huge fan of the animals taking advantage of the PC (just not my cup of tea, personally) but I think it should definitely be an option for those who are so inclined. I'd like to see an MCM option to either have creatures kill the player outright (maybe using the idea that they are left to die for someone else to find and do what they may, rescue or take advantage), or to have the creatures themselves take advantage for those who like that idea.

I'm not a huge fan of the animals taking advantage of the PC (just not my cup of tea, personally) but I think it should definitely be an option for those who are so inclined. I'd like to see an MCM option to either have creatures kill the player outright (maybe using the idea that they are left to die for someone else to find and do what they may, rescue or take advantage), or to have the creatures themselves take advantage for those who like that idea.

Yeah, I think a simple option to enable/disable animal rape will be fine :) Other than that, animals will simply leave the player who might then be rescued....or not :)

"Other animals like wolves, bears, sabercats etc I'm pretty sure would just kill you. What do you think? Should these types of creatures kill you outright? Or should they perhaps maul you and leave you for dead and then have a possibility of someone finding you and taking advantage or maybe even rescuing you?"

Sounds good. I don't like back to loading screen option. Rescued or taken advantage seems a good way to go. As to what that may be.. i don't know.. depends on how much effort you plan for  it. For instance you could be found by guards, thalmor or maybe stormcloak or imperial patrols, ofc if you're of the opposite faction they won't be nice to you... or as i mentioned earlier maybe a beggar finds you. 

It could become a very complex system, the thing i'm curious about is if you plan to have the Dragonborn status play any part in what happens. 

Nice ideas there....I'll see how I get on with it :)

New version is up!

I've added MCM options to enable/disable the tumbler sound effects and/or the tumbler text hints which means it is possible to get no help what so ever with what the correct code is (which is now randomised each time you are defeated)!

This plays directly in to the 1st critical failure punishment which is where your captor will frame you for a random crime in a random hold and then dump you somewhere in the wilderness with nothing! All your items will still be in the strongbox by near to where you originally got defeated so it should be possible to get your stuff back if you can can get there :D

At the moment this happens on the 2nd critical failure. I think the 4th or 5th time will play better especially if your playing without the tumbler sound effects....but for the moment this will allow you to trigger the event easily to try it out.

That's a very good point. I shall add a MCM option to turn the locking noises off so that you simply won't know if you selected a correct tumbler or not. I was thinking of maybe having 3 levels of difficulty

Easy - As it is now with the different sounds for getting a correct tumbler or not

Medium - Tumbler noises off but still getting the "it moved a bit", "it moved quite a lot", "it didn't move at all" messages which tell you if you got 1, 2 or 0 tumblers correct

Hard - Absolutely no feed back at all!

Good idea, I like how you can choose your own difficulty.

It does indeed work for both humanoids and animals. My plan is to have separate support and to have specific scenes for certain types of creatures e.g. a proper spider scene!

However, for other creatures I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do yet.

Realism would seem to indicate that a pack of wolves would kill you and not spare your life, whereas a spider may not kill you but just incapacitate you ready for eating later or lay eggs in you so the babies have food, and plugging in nicely to Estrus Chaurus Spider Add-on :)

Semi intelligent creatures like giants, trolls, draugr etc would seem capable of capturing and using any defeated player.

Other animals like wolves, bears, sabercats etc I'm pretty sure would just kill you. What do you think? Should these types of creatures kill you outright? Or should they perhaps maul you and leave you for dead and then have a possibility of someone finding you and taking advantage or maybe even rescuing you?

Very good idea! I mostly agree with you.

For animals like spiders and chaurus they just leave you with eggs in you.

Semi intelligent creatures just hold you captive for entertainment. Well at least if i were a giant and some foolish girl wants to fight me i would certainly lock her into a cage for my own "amusement". Also maybe you can use the cages and not the pillorys for restraining? Just an idea.

I wouldnt want to get killed by a wolf or sabercat. If my girl cant beat a lousy wolf, then she deserves to get fucked by wolf ;).

I prefer these animals leave me for dead, then fade to black blackout scene and after that some of these things happen:

Either some good guy finds you and brings you to the nearest inn to help you

or some not so good guy finds you and demands something else

or something happens like the left for dead start in alternate start mod where you just wake up (maybe a little bit away to not draw instant aggro again and find yourself in an infinite rape, left for dead, wake up, rape loop ;).

Also for these blackout scenarios it would be better to not lock away your equipment. So maybe if a not so good guy wakes you up he just doesnt need to rape you,you can try to bribe him with items or gold... (and of course still have a percentage to rape you ;)).

Or when you are just left for dead and wake up some hours later sometime you would have your equipment and sometimes a bypasser just stole it without waking you up (they think you are dead anyway or just dont care about it because they are robbers).

I dont know how easy or hard those ideas are to implement but those are just my ideas which i had :)

Also dont care for my spelling today... somehow my fingers keep hiting keys they are not supposed to hit. There may be many more spelling errors which i didnt saw ;)

Really wish i could get this to work. I got all the required mods installed. After bleedout scene my character gets tied up then thats it.  A couple of times a bandit has his way, then my character just stands there. I've waited quite a long time to see if the scripts are just taking awhile, but nothing.  I've turned off defeat and submit, thinking that the were the problem but no dice.  Nice job on the mod. I'll be watching it for updates and hoping I can figure out what i'm doing wrong. 

Really wish i could get this to work. I got all the required mods installed. After bleedout scene my character gets tied up then thats it.  A couple of times a bandit has his way, then my character just stands there. I've waited quite a long time to see if the scripts are just taking awhile, but nothing.  I've turned off defeat and submit, thinking that the were the problem but no dice.  Nice job on the mod. I'll be watching it for updates and hoping I can figure out what i'm doing wrong. 

Hmmm...I'm not sure why that would be happening. It sounds like your captor can't get close enough to trigger the next part of the scene. Does it happen if you get defeated in a different location?

Hi, so I am trying out your mod for the first time.  I was trying to use SD+, but it didn't seem to work that well with a bunch of other Devious mods.  

Just curious, does this mod make Devious Captures redundant?  

Thanks.

I believe devious captures only works with Sexlab Defeat, and because this mod and defeat are not really compatible then yes, this mod does make devious captures redundant. :D

I tried out the 2.08 on a new game with deviously cursed loot active, but sex attacks disabled and no other defeat mods.

With the 2.08 after exiting the cell during the LAL start, I got attacked by bandits. I got defeated and tied to a post although it was partially clipped into the wall. It was in a small hallway though, and considering this is skyrim, I wasn't concerned haha.

I was able to pick the lock, and the chest with my gear was right there. Everything worked as it should. Shortly after exiting and roaming down the road, I was attacked by a random immersive creatures werewolf. I got defeated, dialog popped up, raped, then just stood there. The werewolf wandered on down the road and I lost all functions. I had to ctrl/alt/delete out of the game.

I removed that version. Shortly after you updated to the 2.09 version, so I gave that a go. Unfortunately, the first thing I ran into was another creature. Pretty much got the same results.

I know this is a WIP, and I am really interested in it. It looks like it is going to be a great mod for my play style.

I am not complaining, only sharing what I have come across so far.

I apologize for not having a log to show for the incidents, but I never got around to enabling it after having to re-install.

Just curious, is this most likely because the defeat is triggering, but the creatures aren't fully integrated yet?

Anyway, awesome work so far! I really look forward to seeing it progress. Thanks for taking the time and sharing this!

I tried out the 2.08 on a new game with deviously cursed loot active, but sex attacks disabled and no other defeat mods.

With the 2.08 after exiting the cell during the LAL start, I got attacked by bandits. I got defeated and tied to a post although it was partially clipped into the wall. It was in a small hallway though, and considering this is skyrim, I wasn't concerned haha.

I was able to pick the lock, and the chest with my gear was right there. Everything worked as it should. Shortly after exiting and roaming down the road, I was attacked by a random immersive creatures werewolf. I got defeated, dialog popped up, raped, then just stood there. The werewolf wandered on down the road and I lost all functions. I had to ctrl/alt/delete out of the game.

I removed that version. Shortly after you updated to the 2.09 version, so I gave that a go. Unfortunately, the first thing I ran into was another creature. Pretty much got the same results.

I know this is a WIP, and I am really interested in it. It looks like it is going to be a great mod for my play style.

I am not complaining, only sharing what I have come across so far.

I apologize for not having a log to show for the incidents, but I never got around to enabling it after having to re-install.

Just curious, is this most likely because the defeat is triggering, but the creatures aren't fully integrated yet?

Anyway, awesome work so far! I really look forward to seeing it progress. Thanks for taking the time and sharing this!

It could well be down to creatures not working correctly as I haven't quite got that far yet. I will probably release an updated version which will only work with human characters while I work on the creature side of things :)

I'm going to give this a spin. I've been using Defeat, but want to try something different. I tried Sexlab Leveling but had a weird problem with it, so I can't use it.

As long as I disable "player as victim," is it going to be safe to keep Defeat active? I'd like to keep that running for NPCs to abuse each other.

As for creatures, I tend to have more difficulty with bears and draugr myself than any humanoid enemy. If there's no creature support...

If More Nasty Creatures/Creature Framework is active, have the creature use that to abuse the player after knockdown, then have a fade out and move the player (or the creature) a short distance away (beyond detection range, at least) with a health/stamina regen nerf, maybe a temporary overencumbrance effect (eg., can't run) until they visit a shrine or sleep or something. Or just skip to fade out if creature animations/framework isn't enabled or as an option in your MCM.

Also, how does it handle the player being attacked by new enemies coming along while they're already bound? I use Deadly Dragons and its superpower seems to be to pick absolutely the worst possible moments to spawn elder dragons all in your face.

/edit: Also, optional Beast Form/Vampire Lord immunity? I'm just trying to imagine a bandit tying up and abusing a werewolf and .... umm... well...

Hi!

First thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

I installed this on a new game and everything worked OK - the only problems that I had were down to using too many other 'punishment' mods at the same time.

If you're up for any suggestions - is there a possibility that there could be an option for selecting binding only? I find it a bit immersion breaking when an attacker suddenly produces a torture pole and manacles from his back pocket!

I note that the death capture event has been moved to a quest - when I uninstalled this mod my savegame in the LAL cell didn't show your mod being installed, but when I started a new game my character couldn't die. Any advice on deleting the quest?

Hi!

First thanks for all your hard work on this mod.

I installed this on a new game and everything worked OK - the only problems that I had were down to using too many other 'punishment' mods at the same time.

If you're up for any suggestions - is there a possibility that there could be an option for selecting binding only? I find it a bit immersion breaking when an attacker suddenly produces a torture pole and manacles from his back pocket!

I note that the death capture event has been moved to a quest - when I uninstalled this mod my savegame in the LAL cell didn't show your mod being installed, but when I started a new game my character couldn't die. Any advice on deleting the quest?

Only thing you can really do about the quest showing up is try a save game cleaner. Otherwise you'll need to start a new game after making sure the mod is uninstalled completely.

Also, piggybacking on the comment about it being immersion breaking to have the attackers pull out pillories and such, maybe a simple fade to black on defeat and then fade back in a couple seconds after the mod does its thing. That way it seems like maybe you were knocked out and woke up tied. Just a thought.