[BETA TESTING] Devious Surrender V2

Well, it's been a while hasn't it!

Time for some updates I think :)

I've re-written the mod from scratch  because basically everything I had done before was way more complicated than it needed to be in Creation Kit. I've learnt a lot more now so i should be much more efficient in what I produce.

With this in mind I've created a very basic foundation for the mod that handles the 3 types of death players encounter (death by humans, death by animals, suicide!). Each death is handled in a simple manner and is ready to be built upon and fleshed out.

I've also put in place a lot of things so that I can easily do different outcomes based upon the type of person/animal you die to. For example guards are not going to keep you as a slave...they're going to probably rob you, probably rape you and then probably send you to jail. Where as bandits are more likely to keep you chained up ready to sell as a slave.

This is also true for animals. Spiders are going to cocoon you ready to eat you while trolls might just drag you back to a troll den as a mate.

Again my overall philosophy will be that nothing should get in the way of playing the game too much and the MCM will allow you to configure the experience as much as possible and, of course, this mod is designed to work well with my other mods.

More updates to follow :)

Glad to see this mod making a comeback. It was one of my favourite back in the day for an alternative to death.
The only issue I used to have with the last one was NPC's that had captured me previously (whether dead or alive) teleporting/appearing when I was captured again. It was funny to have a dead Dragon mysteriously teleport on my position once!.
I've tried out the lite version. So far it works here up until after an Animation plays. The NPC will speak some lines of dialogue but the scene ends without having to escape.

Well, it's been a while hasn't it!

Time for some updates I think :)

I've re-written the mod from scratch  because basically everything I had done before was way more complicated than it needed to be in Creation Kit. I've learnt a lot more now so i should be much more efficient in what I produce.

With this in mind I've created a very basic foundation for the mod that handles the 3 types of death players encounter (death by humans, death by animals, suicide!). Each death is handled in a simple manner and is ready to be built upon and fleshed out.

I've also put in place a lot of things so that I can easily do different outcomes based upon the type of person/animal you die to. For example guards are not going to keep you as a slave...they're going to probably rob you, probably rape you and then probably send you to jail. Where as bandits are more likely to keep you chained up ready to sell as a slave.

This is also true for animals. Spiders are going to cocoon you ready to eat you while trolls might just drag you back to a troll den as a mate.

Again my overall philosophy will be that nothing should get in the way of playing the game too much and the MCM will allow you to configure the experience as much as possible and, of course, this mod is designed to work well with my other mods.

More updates to follow :)

I love you man thx for all of the awsome mods but I have really been waiting for you to come back to this one for so long, was starting to lose hope. No pations to see how it will turn out :D

Glad to see this mod making a comeback. It was one of my favourite back in the day for an alternative to death.

The only issue I used to have with the last one was NPC's that had captured me previously (whether dead or alive) teleporting/appearing when I was captured again. It was funny to have a dead Dragon mysteriously teleport on my position once!.

I've tried out the lite version. So far it works here up until after an Animation plays. The NPC will speak some lines of dialogue but the scene ends without having to escape.

There is no escape scene in the LITE version you are simply released at the moment, but don't worry...the escape scene (and more) will be returning shortly.

Hi! First my congratulations for this mod, I love it. But I guess I broken the mod because my character in the game, she was captured and raped many times and released in someplace after some time, but right now if my character is defeated nothing happens, the enemies only leave her without have sex with her or without retain her, they just go. Is there some method to came back the functions?

Support companions in this great fashion?

Will do soon :)

Hello..!! I didn't underdstand very well which is the good one ... DeviousSurrender-LITE-0.5.zip or DeviousSurrender v0.5.zip  ???

Thank you...

Ah...wow, that's an old one. I've removed the 0.5 which must be years old! 0.5LITE is the one you want :)

Hi! First my congratulations for this mod, I love it. But I guess I broken the mod because my character in the game, she was captured and raped many times and released in someplace after some time, but right now if my character is defeated nothing happens, the enemies only leave her without have sex with her or without retain her, they just go. Is there some method to came back the functions?

If you are using the new LITE version then you can try restarting the quests....sounds like the main quest didn't complete properly.

Open the console in game, usually `

type in

stopquest  _DS2_CaptureScene

stopquest DS2_DeathQuest

stopquest DS2_DeviousSurrenderV2Quest

then type in

startquest DS2_DeathQuest

This should flush out all the quests and scripts and start you from fresh.

If you are using the new LITE version then you can try restarting the quests....sounds like the main quest didn't complete properly.

Open the console in game, usually `

type in

stopquest  _DS2_CaptureScene

stopquest DS2_DeathQuest

stopquest DS2_DeviousSurrenderV2Quest

then type in

startquest DS2_DeathQuest

This should flush out all the quests and scripts and start you from fresh.

Thanks, I really appreciate the help, I downloaded the Devious Surrender V2.2. Can I use the above options in this version?

Thanks, I really appreciate the help, I downloaded the Devious Surrender V2.2. Can I use the above options in this version?

Version 2.2 isn't really supported any more as I am rebuilding it through the LITE version. You can use the same commands above except quest _DS2_CaptureScene doesn't exist in that version. You can still type it in but it will come back with an error that it doesn't exist.

Is the 0.5 the new release now? Im new to it, and the description matches the "re-written from ground up" post.

0.5LITE will become the new version and I'd recommend everyone start using that one (unless they're happy with 2.2 sometimes going wrong :) ) As you're new you won't miss the old events such as getting captured and having to work out the combination lock escape puzzle (don't worry it is coming back!).

The LITE version only does a few things, but it does them well and should be pretty robust. The idea is to get the foundation sorted and working before adding any extra events/scenes, something that I never really got sorted with 2.2. It would work well with humans but always had an issue with creatures or suicides...in fact suicides would often bork the entire mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update

When defeated you will have a chance of being bound. If you have a follower then they will escape 1st and free you, or if you are own your own you will escape yourself. Don't worry, the old escape puzzle will be returning shortly including some punishments for failure!

There is also a specific scene if you get defeated by guards with a chance that they will send you to Jail after they've had some fun with you.

I couldn't rmemeber but was there ever talk of having there be a death alternative consequence as I would like to use this and defeat together.

Hello

I am curious, how can you make devious surrender and defeat work together ?

I tried it because i want defeat for the wounds/stuns and surrender to kick in when it pass defeat and i die

But when i try that way, it says that i cant continue fighting and then two animations starts one for the sex and a endless getting on my knees/getting up loop and it continue looping until i quit or reload (its like i die over and over and over and ...)

My combo for the moment it defeat and death soul but i would like to replace death soul mod with devious surrender lite since it seems to activate when i die like death soul

Sorry for my english and thank you for the help

I couldn't rmemeber but was there ever talk of having there be a death alternative consequence as I would like to use this and defeat together.

There was, sort of. I need to have a look into it.

Hello

I am curious, how can you make devious surrender and defeat work together ?

I tried it because i want defeat for the wounds/stuns and surrender to kick in when it pass defeat and i die

But when i try that way, it says that i cant continue fighting and then two animations starts one for the sex and a endless getting on my knees/getting up loop and it continue looping until i quit or reload (its like i die over and over and over and ...)

My combo for the moment it defeat and death soul but i would like to replace death soul mod with devious surrender lite since it seems to activate when i die like death soul

Sorry for my english and thank you for the help

It's been a while since I've used Defeat and I know it has moved on from the last time I used it, but if I remember correctly you will need to disable the part of the mod that relates to health.

You can leave on the stamina levels, hit from behind etc on so that Defeat will handle those situations and Surrender will handle the onDeath event.

Hi Jim,

Now I know that v2.2 is not supported, but I tried that, because of the higher version number.

Anyway, the readme says that when you are defeated the enemy "place all your gear in to a conveniently located strongbox".

My character was defeated, raped and then managed to escape. I did not find the strongbox. Then while searching, she was defeated and raped again. She escaped again, but still couldn't find any strongox. Where should this strongbox spawn?

Thanks,

M

PS: I'm looking forward for the 1.0 Lite :)

Hi Jim,

Now I know that v2.2 is not supported, but I tried that, because of the higher version number.

Anyway, the readme says that when you are defeated the enemy "place all your gear in to a conveniently located strongbox".

My character was defeated, raped and then managed to escape. I did not find the strongbox. Then while searching, she was defeated and raped again. She escaped again, but still couldn't find any strongox. Where should this strongbox spawn?

Thanks,

M

It's been a while since I looked at version 2.2 but if I remember correctly the lockbox should spawn at either your position or your defeaters position, I can't remember which.

I wouldn't recommend using 2.2 though as it does have a few....issues :)

Hi Jim

Thanks for the help, defeat and devious surrender lite works great together !

For what i tested, even with the wound settings on so in combat its defeat but if i died, surrender take control so no more dying and reloading for me

Hi Jim,

Thanks,

M

It's been a while since I looked at version 2.2 but if I remember correctly the lockbox should spawn at either your position or your defeaters position, I can't remember which.

I wouldn't recommend using 2.2 though as it does have a few....issues :)

Well, I guess it was bugged then, I scouted the whole area around the defeat and found nothing. I reloaded an earlier save and i will heed your advice about not using the old version.

Thanks,

M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I think I found an issue.

New game, v0.6LITE. I also have Sands of Time installed, which deliberately keeps the player alive until level 15. I think these 2 mods are clashing a bit. Or maybe not, here is the issue:

When my character would die, your mod chooses one of the endings. One of them darkens the screen, then when the game fades in, the character is lying naked on the ground.

Sometimes the fading in doesn't work, the screen stays dark. This of course makes the control quite hard. :) Please make sure the screen always fades back in.

Another possible issue is that when an NPC robs the player, the items go into his/her inventory. While this is entirely logical and immersive, there can be serious  problems with it:

- the NPC uses the PC's items. Uses up charges from staffs, reads scrolls, drinks potions. If the character had some really unique weapon/gear, he/she can become unbeatable.

- there is no quest marker on the NPC, can be really hard to find him/her

- the NPC can despawn will all the items of the player. I had a similar experience with Cursed loot - the pointer showed only an empty spot on the ground, all my gear lost. I'd suggest use some similar method of Naked Dungeons, which is very good at keepint the items safe.

Another very important thing is that currently upon defeat the character drops the equipped weapon/shield on the ground. This is a sure way to lose equipment, which then leads to reload. Item can be lost in water, high grass. It can slide down on mountainside. It can be catapulted away by spell effects. Etc. So it is a musthave to include a checkbox for unequipping the gear instead of dropping it.

Thanks,

M

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I think I found an issue.

New game, v0.6LITE. I also have Sands of Time installed, which deliberately keeps the player alive until level 15. I think these 2 mods are clashing a bit. Or maybe not, here is the issue:

When my character would die, your mod chooses one of the endings. One of them darkens the screen, then when the game fades in, the character is lying naked on the ground.

Sometimes the fading in doesn't work, the screen stays dark. This of course makes the control quite hard. :) Please make sure the screen always fades back in.

Another possible issue is that when an NPC robs the player, the items go into his/her inventory. While this is entirely logical and immersive, there can be serious  problems with it:

- the NPC uses the PC's items. Uses up charges from staffs, reads scrolls, drinks potions. If the character had some really unique weapon/gear, he/she can become unbeatable.

- there is no quest marker on the NPC, can be really hard to find him/her

- the NPC can despawn will all the items of the player. I had a similar experience with Cursed loot - the pointer showed only an empty spot on the ground, all my gear lost. I'd suggest use some similar method of Naked Dungeons, which is very good at keepint the items safe.

Another very important thing is that currently upon defeat the character drops the equipped weapon/shield on the ground. This is a sure way to lose equipment, which then leads to reload. Item can be lost in water, high grass. It can slide down on mountainside. It can be catapulted away by spell effects. Etc. So it is a musthave to include a checkbox for unequipping the gear instead of dropping it.

Thanks,

M

Thanks for the feedback. The screen should always fade back in as it is controlled by a quest scene which should always complete. It does sound like a conflict between the 2 mods. I have no idea what the Sands of Time modifies in terms of handling the player's death.

All the other points are "features" of this mod :P Seriously, I will get round to looking at this mod again and changing the way a few things work. I appreciate that some people don't want to lose items etc. 

great mod, thanks for sharing, looking forward to more upgrades.

Thanks for your feedback, glad your enjoying it :)