Fear of Boobies! :0

Shadowhawk827

Has anybody noticed we have a rapidly increasing number of threads ending up this way? I thought LL was a place everybody could come to and not be hassled, but now it seems you can't open your mouth without somebody jumping at your throat.

You have not dwelled LL much in the past, or? It has always been like this.

Finally if you fall over in plate armour you are fucked as you would need an huge amount of strength to get back up so you would end up being stabbed through a gap by some foot soldier while you struggled around on the floor so i think the danger of falling is a rather redudant point :)

What amazes me is that in every thread about medieval armour there are always some who seriously believe that people in the past were stupid enough to wear gear that heavily hampers their movement to battle.

I'd be more amazed at the special laws of physics that you believe in that manages to create armour that would actually be worth wearing without having any weight or mobility restrictions

I'd take the stuff that might actually deflect a blow but runs the risk of immobilising me if i'm stupid enough to lose my footing myself

This is what my femme fatales wear in the game:

27637.jpg

Note: I said game....as in fantasy. As in not reality (damnit... :().

Fuck 'em......

54fe4d104d20ab1ca9d8b9faf3a58977.jpg

If she was that stupid not to didge or deflect arrows, she deserved what she got. MY femmes actually have intelligence and training, not to mention Healing magic, potions, and above all, stealth. By the time the enemy can see her boobs, it's too late.... :D .

By the time the enemy can see her boobs, it's too late.... :D .

I knew it. Gustavus Adolphus didn't tell his troops to not fire until they could see their own image in the pupil of the enemy's eye...

He said "Never give fire until you can see the nipple of the enemy's boob."

I don't care one way or another about what this topic devolved into, just treat people like human beings and not objects and you shouldn't have a problem with anybody. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to be de-humanized.

On the topic of the title, don't be rude toward people for having a desire for realistic armor. Just like you shouldn't shart on peoples work because it isn't 'lore-friendly', just keep on searching if it's not what you like, because they're not hurting anybody.

27637.jpg

Fuck 'em......

Its not a bad idea.

You boner enemies to death. Also high blood pressure can lead to other bad stuff.

Also if enemy starts to sweat at your look he might drop ( or slip ) his weapon by an accident.

27637.jpg

Fuck 'em......

Its not a bad idea.

You boner enemies to death. Also high blood pressure can lead to other bad stuff.

Also if enemy starts to sweat at your look he might drop ( or slip ) his weapon by an accident.

In my experience, they tend to beat you up and rape the shit out of you. Sometimes literally.

Ah, SD and Defeat...my old friends.

I' normally just that idle bystander who sigh's at these sort of things or just watch. So i'll just drop one copper coin, ignoring this opinion quarrel.
Possible repeat incoming.

Maybe they want to level a playfield because of all these skimpy armors, some variation of super-ultra-nipple-slip-7B-with hdr vagina support.
They want even more practical looking armors what even some classical armors offered. Tastes.

Someone actually said that some armors in skyrim are inaccurate.

->nonsexy "fix"

thank you for reading, back to shadows..

this is a game!!!! the toons are not real, they don't have sternums to break, the armor is there for nothing more than eye candy/looks. I have nothing against realism but I can't understand all the tension over this subject. This is a fantasy game why not enjoy it ?

Exactly.  And what's the point in people arguing about gender inequality (in this case, armor, of all things) when the persons involved don't even exist in real life?  I see three viable solutions here:  either find another game to their liking, mod it to their own tastes (if it's moddable), or create their own game.

Why attempt to ruin someone else's gaming experience if it doesn't meet their own expectations?  They should get off of their keyboards and actually do something about it.

It depends to what you referring to. If you refer to game that already exist and set it premise then the arguing have some merit. If you buy game about balls and sequel change to game about squares you can be quiet unhappy about it.

Exactly.  And what's the point in people arguing about gender inequality (in this case, armor, of all things) when the persons involved don't even exist in real life?  I see three viable solutions here:  either find another game to their liking, mod it to their own tastes (if it's moddable), or create their own game.

Why attempt to ruin someone else's gaming experience if it doesn't meet their own expectations?  They should get off of their keyboards and actually do something about it.

The idea is this: Let's assume women aren't treated equally in our society and that many view them as sex objects. Skimpy armor reinforces this seterotype, because it sexualizes women quite a bit. The same applies to many TV-shows, movies or magazines. This whole deal became popular when Sarkeesian made her videos about this topic. As bad as they were, they gained a buttload of attention. Attention means clicks on the interwebs and clicks mean money, so this topic has been beaten to death and undeath several times. But people can't just ignore someone who talks nonsense and contribute to the popularity of said person by talking about them all the time. It's a phenomenon and that means there's money to be made - people commenting on articles about this topic for example keep the fire alive, because nobody really cares why you click on it, all that matters is that you click that juicy bait. People think their opinion is important, but nobody really cares about your opinion as long as you click on that article and visit their sites to explain why you disagree.

The one and only problem I have is that videogames don't have a significant impact on how (somewhat healthy) people react in real life, otherwise there would have been tons of massacres all around the globe given how popular first person shooters are. It may encourage psychos to actually go mental in one tiny way or another, but in that case it was a timebomb waiting to go off anyway. Videogames do not turn a healthy human into a murderer, in the same way videogames won't turn someone into a misogynist. On the other hand, you don't need to be a closet murderer to enjoy shooters and you don't need to hate women to like skimpy armor, that's one part of this discussion everyone seems to overlook.

That being said though, there are a lot of angry young men on the internet who outright hate women, our beloved friend Darkening Demise being one of them. He hates women because he wants them but they don't want him. Part of the problem is that women who are promiscuous are viewed as sluts or 'used goods' and women who aren't are stuck up bitches because they refuse to have sex with you. It's quite schizophrenic if you think about it. Genderspecific topics are relevant as long as there are genderspecific problems, so proclaiming we need more egalitarianism and less feminism is ignoring the fact that there still are issues you exclusively have to face when belonging to a certain biological gender. Yes, we're all humans and no, we don't get all treated the same. Pretending that everyone gets treated equally does not make the inequality go away.

That being said though, there are a lot of angry young men on the internet who outright hate women, our beloved friend Darkening Demise being one of them. He hates women because he wants them but they don't want him. Part of the problem is that women who are promiscuous are viewed as sluts or 'used goods' and women who aren't are stuck up bitches because they refuse to have sex with you. It's quite schizophrenic if you think about it. Genderspecific topics are relevant as long as there are genderspecific problems, so proclaiming we need more egalitarianism and less feminism is ignoring the fact that there still are issues you exclusively have to face when belonging to a certain biological gender. Yes, we're all humans and no, we don't get all treated the same. Pretending that everyone gets treated equally does not make the inequality go away.

Very true, one problem however is that talking about this is often that it is not a one on one debate, but rather two groups duking it out with there own little theme songs and slogans, and that is where the stereotyping and generalisation really show their ugly faces. But it happens on a person by person basis to sadly, one example of this is a little story about Janice and Michael:

A secretary was walking home on night passing by a nightclub, outside the nightclub stud a bouncer, as the secretary passed, the bouncer felt an urge to get some action and decided to act on this sudden impulse by raping the secretary in a nearby ally.

Now most people, admittedly myself included would be surprised to learn that the secretary's name was Michael and the bouncer was named Janice, and the horror of the crime would now feel somewhat reduced, even knowing that it shouldn't be. This is not some statement about males being suppressed when it comes to being victims of sexual assault, but merely pointing out that we tend to react on impulse rather than rational thought, and when combined with mob mentality it's a recipe for disaster that further fuels stereotypes that each side is so fond of accusing the other of drawing, and when the oppressed is fueling the very same fire that oppresses them it becomes a really tricky problem to solve.                        

Skyrim and TES as a whole, in my opinion, strikes what I believe the be the best possible balance between fantasy and reality in terms of armor design.

Skimpy armors exist in this universe, as do boob plates. It's been this way since Arena. But, interestingly, it never really falls prey to the whole "more exposed skin = higher armor rating" trope, and in fact subverts it to a good extent. In vanilla Skyrim, skimpy armor exists. But almost all of it is fur or leather, low-tier armor that fuller suits will quickly replace. Skin is not rewarded. The only oddity to this is Ancient Draugr, but even that is still outclassed by things like Ebony, Daedric, and Dragonbone. This game is the last place anyone should be complaining about sexualized armors, because other than the aesthetic choice of boob plates, the games just don't reward or encourage it at all.

Further, despite all this hubbub you hear about boob plates, nobody seems to bat an eye at impractical, equally hazardous armor like Daedric or Dwarven. All those embellishments just make more places to be grabbed, those big gaps more places to run a dagger through, those spikes and impractical shapes and sizes making movement a miracle. Yet... nobody says a word. To say nothing of the ridiculous weapons or shields. I say all this anti-boob-plate talk is 80% feminists bullshitting the community with manufactured grievances. Not to say there aren't purists out there who truly want Skyrim to be a practical and historically sound place - I'm sure they exist (see: that other %20 or so, using what I think is a forgiving number) and they have every right to make or support these mods.

The whole thing is stupid. People can make what they want but there's nothing wrong with TES's design choice.

Very true, one problem however is that talking about this is often that it is not a one on one debate, but rather two groups duking it out with there own little theme songs and slogans, and that is where the stereotyping and generalisation really show their ugly faces. But it happens on a person by person basis to sadly, one example of this is a little story about Janice and Michael:

A secretary was walking home on night passing by a nightclub, outside the nightclub stud a bouncer, as the secretary passed, the bouncer felt an urge to get some action and decided to act on this sudden impulse by raping the secretary in a nearby ally.

Now most people, admittedly myself included would be surprised to learn that the secretary's name was Michael and the bouncer was named Janice, and the horror of the crime would now feel somewhat reduced, even knowing that it shouldn't be. This is not some statement about males being suppressed when it comes to being victims of sexual assault, but merely pointing out that we tend to react on impulse rather than rational thought, and when combined with mob mentality it's a recipe for disaster that further fuels stereotypes that each side is so fond of accusing the other of drawing, and when the oppressed is fueling the very same fire that oppresses them it becomes a really tricky problem to solve.                        

From the definition of rape its not possible for a women to rape a man - sexual assualt yes but not rape

People react with such a negative attitude to feminism since feminism is no longer about getting an equal share/role its about getting preferential treatmeat for example public bodies within the UK were told to show preference to women when interviewing (to make up for the past or some such)

Okay all fine and good except then when we hit the credit crunch and the public sector was forced to shed employee's most of those employees were women which then sparked the whole discrimination thing as the public sector cuts were unfairly affecting women

So we ended up discriminating against women by discrimating against men to begin with

Things like this have given feminism a bad name and feminists have also not helped themselves by remaining quiet about issues that discrimate in womens favour rather than demanding true equality

HELL DAMMIT.

Women have been murdered, raped, violated, degraded, humiliated and objectified for MILLENNIA. We're STILL getting less payment for the same jobs. And when women finally demanded equal rights, they were murdered, raped, violated, degraded, humiliated and objectified even more. You can't check the news without finding that somewhere a woman has been slaughtered by a man. And nobody gives a damn because it's COMMON.

Yes, there are women who hate all men and want them castrated and exterminated like vermin.

Name them.

And then name the men who say women are just fuckable holes to be treated like shit because they didn't tend to some idiot's fragile overinflated penis-ego.

Guess what? They outnumber the "ultra-feminists".

But you just go on hating on the VICTIMS who finally say they really don't like being massacred for what they are. And who try to tip the scales in their favour after three thousand fucking years of hatred.

FUCK YOU.

HELL DAMMIT.

Women have been murdered, raped, violated, degraded, humiliated and objectified for MILLENNIA. We're STILL getting less payment for the same jobs. And when women finally demanded equal rights, they were murdered, raped, violated, degraded, humiliated and objectified even more. You can't check the news without finding that somewhere a woman has been slaughtered by a man. And nobody gives a damn because it's COMMON.

Yes, there are women who hate all men and want them castrated and exterminated like vermin.

Name them.

And then name the men who say women are just fuckable holes to be treated like shit because they didn't tend to some idiot's fragile overinflated penis-ego.

But you just go on hating on the VICTIMS who finally say they really don't like being massacred for what they are. And who try to tip the scales in their favour after three thousand fucking years of hatred.

FUCK YOU.

Take your holly rage to india, there it is needed.

HELL DAMMIT.

Name them.

FUCK YOU.

Take your holly rage to india, there it is needed.

false dilemma m8

HELL DAMMIT.

Women have been murdered, raped, violated, degraded, humiliated and objectified for MILLENNIA.

Sorry i've only been alive 33 years so i'm not going to accept responsibility for things that happened prior to me reaching the age of consent

We're STILL getting less payment for the same jobs.

Really? I can't say any job in the UK i've ever applied for (or seen) has had a mans rate and a womens rate

And when women finally demanded equal rights, they were murdered, raped, violated, degraded, humiliated and objectified even more

As I've never murdered, raped, violated, degraded etc anyone I again am not taking responsibility for this - I'm a bit confused as to why you expect all men to take responsibility for this when they haven't actually done this as this seems the exact sort of discrimation that they have been fighting against

You can't check the news without finding that somewhere a woman has been slaughtered by a man. And nobody gives a damn because it's COMMON.

When I'm made god-emperor of the world so i can change the world then yes i will do something about this but until then i'm sorry but i can not force a change in culture in parts of the world overnight that took many western countries hundreds of years of striving by women to achieve

Name them.

Silly question here so won't bother

huh?

FUCK YOU.

As i mentioned i've not been alive for three thousand years so just like i'm not going to accept responsibility for the english colonisation of the world i'm also not going to hold it against the normans that they once invaded england or the romans who also invaded england

I wasn't their so holding a grudge for this seems rather pathetic if i'm honest about it

Perhaps if rather than beating their chest and bemoaning the ancestral pain they suffer from women thousands of years ago they should work within the current legal framework when  they do encounter discrimation and get the closest thing we achieve to justify today

My only grudge is against people who don't know anything about history and don't care but instead measure everything with their personal experience. I'm not holding "all men" or "you" responsible for the atrocities men have done and still do to women. But when I read the "the feminists" "ruin" equal rights, I explode. There would be no equal rights for women if feminists hadn't fought for them. There would be no legal framework that gave ANY rights to women. Educate yourself about who fought for these rights we (read: western women cause others have it worse than us) have today. Hint: it was not men. Another hint: that fight isn't over just because some guy thinks it doesn't concern him.

Fuck, I knew I should never have read the opening post.

We're STILL getting less payment for the same jobs.

This is false. Women make the same pay for the same jobs as men. The reason women in general make less income than men is because of the kinds of jobs they usually take, not because of how much each job pays.

As I've never murdered, raped, violated, degraded etc anyone I again am not taking responsibility for this - I'm a bit confused as to why you expect all men to take responsibility for this when they haven't actually done this as this seems the exact sort of discrimation that they have been fighting against

This is true for most men, but that doesn't matter. Think about how black people were treated back then in the USA - many white people didn't own slaves or didn't beat and humiliate black people. But there was a consensus amongst most of the white folks that black people are inferior, only good for something when there was a white guy telling them what to do. This consensus created an atmosphere that made it possible for the more radical elements to flourish. It provided the slave owners the fuel - i.e. justification and opportunity - to treat their slaves how they wanted to. So the white guys and gals that didn't own slaves or at least didn't degrade black people directly were still a big part of the problem, because they provided the fundament more extreme people needed.

The same, more or less, applies to women. Do women have it better now? Yes, sure. But it's not enough yet as it seems. There are still plenty people around who act apologetic for any violence against women, such as people who blame a rape victim for the rape because 'she was asking for it' etc.

If you compare the complains most men have it's most of the time that they are frustrated because they don't get laid. And then they call it getting oppressed. Just read a bit about PUA-communities or the aftermath of the Isla Vista killings. Many angry men called Elliot Rodger a hero for finally doing something about the female oppression against men (read: they don't get laid), many stating that if women were more ready to give blow jobs and spread their legs this wouldn't have happened, blaming women indirectly for the massacre.

These people are the radical elements, like the slave owners. People bashing on feminism and talking about how men are the poor sods nowadays provide the necessary fuel for those people to feel accepted by their peers.

As you see, it's a big problem and it isn't over yet. Yes, there are very important problems that only affect men. For example, if you're gay or transgender, prepare for a lot of heat, and not in a good way. Or if you are a father and getting divorced from the mother of your children and you are arguing who is getting the right of custody, you're screwed in most cases. But nobody really talks about that, it's always the same deal: WAH WAH NOBODY WANTS MY D

You can't check the news without finding that somewhere a woman has been slaughtered by a man. And nobody gives a damn because it's COMMON.

Aren't you exaggerating a bit? At least in the United States, the National Crime Victimization Survey as released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics is quite clear that cisgender women are less likely to be victims of violent crime than cisgender men. There's been a reduction of the gap in recent years, but that's come entirely from drops in the number of male victims of violent crime, and not from any increase in the number of female victims. Only transgender women are at a significantly higher risk of being victims of violence than cisgender men in the United States.

Has anybody noticed we have a rapidly increasing number of threads ending up this way? I thought LL was a place everybody could come to and not be hassled, but now it seems you can't open your mouth without somebody jumping at your throat.

Fucking sensitive people and their glass egos...

Everyone just gets triggered nowadays, SJWs and anti-SJWs alike. It's quite fun to watch, honestly. SJW gets triggered by some kind of social injustice and anti-SJWs getting triggered by SJWs. It's one giant triggerfest.

More drama for me :popcorn:

Archived