Sexout '94 beta 7 in OP

- Fixed animation offsets being reversed if player is not ActorB (thanks Thenryb).
- Fixed alignment of anims: 239, 902, 903, amra701, amra902, amra903.
- Some Flags/Pos/Pen anim def tweaks by DoctaSax.

---

Sexout animations now always focus on ActorB if there is one. I think (?) this used to be the case pre-93, but prideslayer changed it to focus on the player if involved. This would be nice, but makes things complicated when you throw in 3P and ref-surface support. It may return in a later version.

Sexout animations now always focus on ActorB if there is one. I think (?) this used to be the case pre-93, but prideslayer changed it to focus on the player if involved. This would be nice, but makes things complicated when you throw in 3P and ref-surface support. It may return in a later version.

Was wondering how this effects scripts where alignments are used for 2 actors ?? What happens now can i still continue the way animation works or will this need new way of animating 2 actors in blender to get them as close as possible ??

Sexout '94 beta 8 in OP

- Switched to use PlayIdle instead of PickIdle!
- Fix for texture of supermutant penis by Imperfection.

---

Sexout now uses PlayIdle instead of PickIdle, this should in theory mean the end of conflicts with other mods adding idles inconsiderately. It may also help with synchronizing animations, supporting creatures with renamed skeletons, and more down the line.

If an animation fails to play, enable debug and open the console- you will see spam of the (misnamed) idle name it is attempting, please report this.

---

@DManXX2: It should make no difference to you, by focus I just mean where actors are teleported to before sex starts- the location is now always ActorB instead of being whichever the player was, if involved.

Does switching to playidle mean conflicts with other animations are avoided? For some reason Weapons Of The New Millenia is causing the "standing inside each other moaning" bug, but I was still a version or two back of the release copy when it happened and I just gave up instead of trying to fix it. 

Undress doesn't seem to be working.  Actors with the don't undress flag stay dressed, until they're teleported to actorB, at which point all clothing disappears.

EDIT:  OK someone else told me that a direct call works fine for undress.  The only difference is that I'm equipping a prop before the call, setting the actor to Don't Undress, then making the call.  The prop is in the safe clothes list.  Maybe NG sees it as a strapon and therefore it triggers 'undress regardless of don't undress'?  Just guessing at this point.  This used to work with legacy NX.

Edited by t3589

There is an issue with falloutttwquestoverhaul. In the stealing independence quest you have sex with a bunch of supermutants. But the probblem is that one of the supermutants have overloard skin so he dosen't do anything. No sexout animation dosent even trigger masterbation animation. So the story can't continue. Not sure if it is your mod or the ttw mod.

@Panthercom: I don't know what difference it makes there, you can try. It should work just the same as before, but be more resistant to mod conflicts and have more scope for other improvements down the line. To tell the truth, I am not sure how much difference it will make, but I know prideslayer had been aiming for this for a while... If it doesn't work out, I only have to change 2 lines of code to revert, so figured it was worth testing.

@KainsChyle: Yes, I think so. As I understand it the mod conflicts come from the way PickIdle works- all idle animations are in a tree hierarchy, PickIdle starts at the root, then follows branches until it reaches a leaf (end point animation) or dead end. If the sexout branch is blocked by a higher unconditioned branch, it never makes it to those leaves. With PlayIdle you bypass the tree and get straight to a leaf. This probably makes more sense if you look at the idle animation structure in the GECK.

@t3589: Will look into it.

Undress doesn't seem to be working.  Actors with the don't undress flag stay dressed, until they're teleported to actorB, at which point all clothing disappears.

EDIT:  OK someone else told me that a direct call works fine for undress.  The only difference is that I'm equipping a prop before the call, setting the actor to Don't Undress, then making the call.  The prop is in the safe clothes list.  Maybe NG sees it as a strapon and therefore it triggers 'undress regardless of don't undress'?  Just guessing at this point.  This used to work with legacy NX.

I just tested it without the prop and still no joy, so that's not it.  Could it be because both actors are set to don't undress?  I see you're looking into it.

EDIT: Quick update.  I think it might be the full call (which is what I'm using).  ie. I hear calling each function individually works.

EDIT EDIT:  More info.  Setting the undress flags via legacy NX prior to making the full call (with the undress params removed) works as expected.

Edited by t3589

Strange, it shouldn't make a difference which API you use, they are just 4 doors to the same code.

--

@VaunWolfe: This is because overlords (and behemoths) use a different skeleton to regular supermutants. However, overlords is just renamed and behemoth just rescaled, I tested them with PlayIdle and they seem to work with supermutant anims. So, coming soon ;).

Hillfolk use a unique skeleton (with 3 fingers on left hand), so I think they'll need custom made ones. I don't have TTW and they are not in FNV game files so I can't test very easily.

@KainsChyle: Yes, I think so. As I understand it the mod conflicts come from the way PickIdle works- all idle animations are in a tree hierarchy, PickIdle starts at the root, then follows branches until it reaches a leaf (end point animation) or dead end. If the sexout branch is blocked by a higher unconditioned branch, it never makes it to those leaves. With PlayIdle you bypass the tree and get straight to a leaf. This probably makes more sense if you look at the idle animation structure in the GECK.

If I looked at the GECK Idle animation structure, I'd see alien hieroglyphics and probably believe in unicorns. :P I'll take your word for it and give it a shot.

If I looked at the GECK Idle animation structure, I'd see alien hieroglyphics and probably believe in unicorns. :P I'll take your word for it and give it a shot.

It's not all that difficult. The game automatically picks idle anims for any character to play. Calling pickidle just forces that to happen. The system then traverses the entire anim hierarchy structure, checking condition functions (like you have in dialog conditions). If the actor is sitting on furniture, that's picked up by a condition, so a 'sitting' anim will play. If nothing in particular is going on, the system will check all conditions and eventually settle on one of the generic 'just standing around breathing' anims under "GeneralIdles". It'll never automatically go below that.

When an anim mod adds an anim it usually does that at the top of the hierarchy, with a new condition, expecting that anim to be the first to be picked when the condition returns true. The problem is that

A) often a vanilla anim is flagged as changed that wasn't, one of those many geckities that create a wild edit. Another anim mod doing the same will run into problems because of that, hence the advice to remove KnockDownIdles from the groovatron, which is a wild edit.

B ) you can never entirely guarantee that your anim will be picked if other anim mods with a similar method could also be returning true on their conditions. Even without wild edits, when the various anim structures are merged on game load, who knows who 'really' is at the top.

C) for a huge system like NG having conditions on all the anims is a pain, even more so before NX_GetQVEVFL made it possible to use nx vars in conditions, because then that meant adding x amount of tokens to an actor, with x being the anim number. So in the earlier days, NG could easily dump over 5000 tokens in an actor's inventory for 3P anims, for instance. Tokens can get stuck, and people can grab them from dead actors' inventories with "take all" too, leading to more weirdness. If there are many, GetItemCount also not always reliably counts them in one go in a script.

None of that is actually needed. Switching to playidle means you can park all your new anims underneath "generalidles" where they'll never be picked automatically, shouldn't cause conflicts with other mods no matter what system they happen to use, and where you call them directly with playidle by specifying the idle's editorID. Part of the prep work pride did for switching to playidle was renaming some idles' editorIDs so they're all named the same. With string variables becoming available, those can be constructed dynamically: you just create the string based on the anim number and the A/B/C of the actor like

let idlestring := "SNG" + $anim + "b"

& call it like:

playidle $idlestring

That playidle takes the editorID string as parameter at all is incredibly weird, but a huge windfall for NG.

You mean change to another idle animation midway? No- not yet.

It's pretty straight forward to add, just need to change a few NX variables and re-init the idle playing script.

Mod compatability needs some thought though, I can set it up so the "Sexout:Started::" vars are accurate for the finale, but I think spunk (+) will still get a little confused. Also, if a mod picked a specific animation it may mess up the intentions if it changes (eg: a relationship mod makes you work for a first kiss, but the player can just tap a key to get karma sutra sodomy)

So, maybe:

- Add a sexout act call parameter to block/allow switching, and make positioning respect it, but allow overriding via script.

- By default, block all switching if an animation number was specified, and if flags were specified, keep changes in line.

- Add a user defined event when the animation changes.

@Modders: How does that sound?

It's pretty straight forward to add, just need to change a few NX variables and re-init the idle playing script.

Mod compatability needs some thought though, I can set it up so the "Sexout:Started::" vars are accurate for the finale, but I think spunk (+) will still get a little confused. Also, if a mod picked a specific animation it may mess up the intentions if it changes (eg: a relationship mod makes you work for a first kiss, but the player can just tap a key to get karma sutra sodomy)

So, maybe:

- Add a sexout act call parameter to block/allow switching, and make positioning respect it, but allow overriding via script.

- By default, block all switching if an animation number was specified, and if flags were specified, keep changes in line.

Will there be a way to specify which anims can be switched to?  Or just blocked or not blocked?

So, maybe:

A UDE is probably the best way of signalling the change, yeah. Ideally, that stringmap could be populated with the more useful intel.

After installing the beta, a few of my M:F animation becomes bugged.

In one doggy style animation, the male is way too forward relative to the female, so that their hips become very clipped.

A missionary animation (the one with the female raising both legs up in a ~90 degree angle) had the same problem - to the point that it looks like the man is sitting on top of the woman and humping air. 

Not sure if that's something on my end, but I don't recall having these particular issues before the beta. 

@t3589: Setting "bDontUndressA" or "bDontUndressB" seems to be work fine for me, via RunFull or NX call (they use same code anyway). Maybe you left off that Hungarian (urrghh) "b" prefix? I have spotted a bug in the undress script where it checks the safe lists though, which might be affecting you. WIll be fixed in next version.

The plan for anim-swapping is that a UDF will let modders do whatever they like behind the scenes, but the hotkey in positioning will have some restrictions to try and respect the modder's intentions.

@endersgame: Probably offsets are reversed, which is very easy for me to fix but at current count there are 320 animations in sexout. If it happens again open the console, click an actor a type 'inv'. The number of anim tokens is the anim number (eg: 633 or 706), report that and I can fix it.

post-158171-0-35977800-1437206943_thumb.jpg