is there a way to remove registered animations? I registered an anim but realized one of the stages were set incorrectly. I realized it much later and now I cannot get rid of the animation. I tried reset anim registry in rebuild + clean in sexlab and I do not see my custom animation in the toggle animations list inside sexlab anymore. However I see get the message "animation not valid, already exist?" When I try to register animation with the same name

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to make an animation by combining stages from two Leito dog animations in the animation creator menu, but apparently the resulting animation isn't for the right race when I try to use it on a dog? It's for the race "Dogpanic", and the only other dog race option in the list is called "Dogs", which just gives me Nibbles' animations and those don't make a viable animation either. Is there some way to force the animation to be set to the right race?

• 2 weeks later...

is this mod able to unregister custom animations added by this mod, without having to do a "clean and rebuild" command from within Sexlab? The reason I want to avoid using that command is because I tagged a lot of anims with SLATE, and whenever I do a rebuild, all the tags as well as all my saved positioning data is gone. I'm trying to remove a single custom animation I added with this mod. I'm able to "unregister" that animation using the option in the main settings page, and typing in the name of the custom animation I wanted to remove. This removes the animation from my Sexlab animation list, which is expected. However if I try to add another custom animation afterwards, I will see the animation show up in SL anim list, but I am unable to select it. Each time I select the animation in Sexlab's animation editor, it will switch to the Missionary animation. It's like the custom animation is a dead link that redirects me to Missionary every time. Also want to note that despite using the "unregister animation" command, I do not see the Number of Character Animations in SexLab's debug page go down (ie: 424 before unregistering, and 424 still after unregistering). any idea what's going on?

• 1 month later...

hi.

I have a problem , after i have set up all 10 stages of animations in editor, when i play them i only get stage 1 playing and until stage 7 only stage 1 plays (is stuck on stage 1 until stage 7 is reached, then it continues normally as set) does anyone has any suggestions what to do to get them playing like they should?

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. I was having an issue for the biggest while and was struggling to figure out what was wrong with SL, and I thik the issue is this plugin in particular.

For the most part, at its core, the mod functions perfectly. Sex starts, I press the hotkey, and I get an option to choose the animation, and by pressing shift+hotkey, I get a bunch of other options which seem to be working fine too (although I haven't used the other functions much).

My problem is that not all animations show up when I press the designated hotkey. I noticed this because sometimes I would look for a specific animation in particular and it wasn't there, which would make me check SL's MCM, and the animation was indeed there and active.

Anyone else having an issue like this?

Hi. I was having an issue for the biggest while and was struggling to figure out what was wrong with SL, and I thik the issue is this plugin in particular.

For the most part, at its core, the mod functions perfectly. Sex starts, I press the hotkey, and I get an option to choose the animation, and by pressing shift+hotkey, I get a bunch of other options which seem to be working fine too (although I haven't used the other functions much).

My problem is that not all animations show up when I press the designated hotkey. I noticed this because sometimes I would look for a specific animation in particular and it wasn't there, which would make me check SL's MCM, and the animation was indeed there and active.

There are two possible reasons for what you see as a problem:

1. The animation you want does not have a tag that that a mod author used to start the scene. Check the console and see if the tags used are listed.

2. There is a limit on how many items can be listed in the list format Tools uses.  Depending on how many results you see in the list, you might not see all possible options.

Number 1 affects me a lot more than number 2 does so I'd look into that first. I wouldn't call it a problem but rather a limitation (or a feature depending on your usage) of the mod.

1. The animation you want does not have a tag that that a mod author used to start the scene. Check the console and see if the tags used are listed.

2. There is a limit on how many items can be listed in the list format Tools uses.  Depending on how many results you see in the list, you might not see all possible options.

Number 1 affects me a lot more than number 2 does so I'd look into that first. I wouldn't call it a problem but rather a limitation (or a feature depending on your usage) of the mod.

What karlpaws said above is accurate.  The thing to remember is that SLTools only shows what SexLab found based on the parameters passed in by the mod starting the sex animations.  SexLab has a built-in way to change animations (I've used SLTools for so long that I've forgotten the SexLab default hot-keys for switching animations :s ), and the list the built-in switcher uses is the same exact list that SLTools uses.  Basically SLTools asks for the list of found animations from SexLab for the sex scene and displays that list.  It is not getting a whole new list of animations.

Also, the limit is 125 animations.  This is a technical limit with the scripting (it's really 128, but Ashal reserves 3 of those slots for...something - he's mentioned it before but I can't remember why).  This is why the SexLab MCM had to be paged out to get above the original 125 animation limitation that SexLab had oh so long ago.  The paging out wasn't done (just) for readability - it can still only have 125 items available at a time (that why Ashal also upped the total animations in groups of 125).

• 2 months later...

What karlpaws said above is accurate.  The thing to remember is that SLTools only shows what SexLab found based on the parameters passed in by the mod starting the sex animations.  SexLab has a built-in way to change animations (I've used SLTools for so long that I've forgotten the SexLab default hot-keys for switching animations :s ), and the list the built-in switcher uses is the same exact list that SLTools uses.  Basically SLTools asks for the list of found animations from SexLab for the sex scene and displays that list.  It is not getting a whole new list of animations.

Also, the limit is 125 animations.  This is a technical limit with the scripting (it's really 128, but Ashal reserves 3 of those slots for...something - he's mentioned it before but I can't remember why).  This is why the SexLab MCM had to be paged out to get above the original 125 animation limitation that SexLab had oh so long ago.  The paging out wasn't done (just) for readability - it can still only have 125 items available at a time (that why Ashal also upped the total animations in groups of 125).

This is exactly my problem also but even worse (I think) No matter what the sircumstances, sexlab tools display pretty much the same list of animations every time. If it is a dog involved, its the same list of ten animations, even if there are more active in sexlab. Same with a troll only the same list of tvelve anims. Humans is a bit more varied but still its pretty much the same list of anims that are possible to play every time. I do use SLAnimation loader alongside Sexlab and a animpack by Shashankie. According to FNIS the number of anims is below 10.000. Any advice? 

There are 2 main factors that control the list of available animations:

1)  The list of available animations within sexlab.  These are split between creature and human.  Creatures are divided among each of the creatures.  Humanoid can be aggressive and non-aggressive - depending on your sexlab settings, aggressive will be filtered out of for non-aggressive requests or can be included.  So for example, if a mod requests a dog/human animation (1 dog/1 human), sexlab will return a list of all of the available 1d/1h animations, so if you have only 5 1dog/1human animation set, that is all you will see.  Human/Troll animations - sexlab will return only the H/T animations (if you have 15 H/T animations, that is all you will see in the Tools list).

2)  The request sent to sexlab by a mod.  The mod requesting an animation can be general or specific, but the 1 thing that is always a factor is the number of actors.  If a mod sends in 2 (human) actors, then the list will only have 2 actors animations.  If the mod sends in 3 actors, then only 3-ways will be in list.  If the mod sends in 1 human/1 troll, guess what - only 1h/1t animations in the list. 

The mod requesting the animation can be general - a mod can request simply a 2 actor anal animation, and the list will probably hit the 125 max, leaving several animations off of the list.  The more general the request, the more likely the number of animations returned will be too big and some will be left off the list.  The more specific the request, the more likely it will be a small list, and in fact will sometimes find nothing.  One of the biggest issue with animation requests is tagging.  Tagging is purely the choice of the animator (or in the case of SLAL packs, the person making the pack).  For example, a double-penetration animation can be tagged with MMF (male/male/female, obviously).  So a mod like SLEN will request a 3 way animations and sends the request with 3 actors and a tag of MMF.  The animation appears in the Tools list now.  HOWEVER, say SLEN then send another 3-way request, but with MFF (male/female/female).  The MMF tagged animation will NOT be returned because SLEN sent a request with a specific tag of MFF, even if all of the MMF animation allows strapon use.  There is a mod made by the SLEN's author called SLATE that allows retagging animations (I retag all MMF animations with MMF, MFF, and FFF).  I've used humans for the examples, but this applies to creatures.  If a mod request a human/dog animations and passes in tags saying "anal", "CF", "aggressive", then only h/d animations with those tag will ever be displayed:  you may have 100 h/d animations, but if animations are not tagged the same as the request, they will not appear.  Badly tagged animations can also cause issues.  For example, if the human/dog animation request has a tag of FC and not CF, then it won't appear in the list of available animations.

So again, the problem is NOT Tools or SexLab.  It is the mod REQUESTING the animations, which is one bit of info all of the reports tend to forget to include (what mod requested the animation).  Look at the mod requesting the animation and see HOW they request animations.  It may be that you need to modify the animation tags.  As for your specific issue, another thing you fail to mention:  are the requested animations supposed to be aggressive or consensual?  Depending on how the mod asks for aggressive animations can reduce the list.  You may have 100 dog/human animations, but if only 10 are marked as aggressive (and this is by tagging - SexLab settings have no differentiation between aggressive/nonaggro creature animations) and the mod (like Defeat) is always requesting aggressive (by tag), then 10 is all you will ever see.

My point is that before this mod i had more variation of anims. I have unchecked all restrtictions iv can regarding aggressive/non-aggressive in sexlab and creature framework and what not but i dont get anywhere near the number 125 animation in the list. Mostly its between 10 or 20. And it sucks, lol. Before I had to sycle between anims with sexlabs hotkey "O" witch, compaire to this mod, is cumbersome but at least  i had more variety. So, something is wrong. 

My point is that before this mod i had more variation of anims. I have unchecked all restrtictions iv can regarding aggressive/non-aggressive in sexlab and creature framework and what not but i dont get anywhere near the number 125 animation in the list. Mostly its between 10 or 20. And it sucks, lol. Before I had to sycle between anims with sexlabs hotkey "O" witch, compaire to this mod, is cumbersome but at least  i had more variety. So, something is wrong. 

You changed something else when you also started using this mod, or your perception of "more variety" is inaccurate.

Hitting "O" to cycle animations uses the exact same list that Tools displays when you hit its hotkey (usually H). Tools just makes it easier to pick one, rather than hitting a hotkey 15 times to get the one you want.

This mod does not change or limit the animations available in a scene. It only shows you which are available based on what the mod starting the scene picked. This mod adds the option to pick another tag entirely, in essence creating a new scene, if the list does not include the animation you want.

Start a scene with the mod you usually use, look in the console and see how many tags it used to start sex. Then try using the matchmaker function in Tools and start a two person animation, consensual, picked by a tag and put in the tags the other mod used. It should be the same.  You could then test this with and without Tools installed and see for yourself that it is not changing how Sexlab works.

You changed something else when you also started using this mod, or your perception of "more variety" is inaccurate.

Hitting "O" to cycle animations uses the exact same list that Tools displays when you hit its hotkey (usually H). Tools just makes it easier to pick one, rather than hitting a hotkey 15 times to get the one you want.

This mod does not change or limit the animations available in a scene. It only shows you which are available based on what the mod starting the scene picked. This mod adds the option to pick another tag entirely, in essence creating a new scene, if the list does not include the animation you want.

Start a scene with the mod you usually use, look in the console and see how many tags it used to start sex. Then try using the matchmaker function in Tools and start a two person animation, consensual, picked by a tag and put in the tags the other mod used. It should be the same.  You could then test this with and without Tools installed and see for yourself that it is not changing how Sexlab works.

Thank you for your reply. No, something IS different. But, i concede that it may be something else. At the same time i installed this i also installed SL Animation loader mod and a animation pack with a ton of anims. So i will test by uninstall those first, maybe?

Thank you for your reply. No, something IS different. But, i concede that it may be something else. At the same time i installed this i also installed SL Animation loader mod and a animation pack with a ton of anims. So i will test by uninstall those first, maybe?

If anything, adding SL Anim Loader and packs should increase your number of animations, not decrease them. The animations you included though may have more tags on them, and mods that try to exclude animations based on tag might be more successful now with properly tagged animations.

Some of the SLAL packs will have animations that replace stock Sexlab ones, but few of those as the names are often different. Did you have NSAP installed as well? Many of those animations are included in various SLAL packs and could be replaced by better tagged animations.

Instead of uninstalling anything I would suggest just starting some sex scenes, opening the console and taking a look at what tags are used to start the scene.  Especially if any tags are used to exclude animations.

I have a problem while using this to trigger a group-sex scene, when i set up receiver(my character) and more than 1 actors, the threesome or foursome animation turns to a twosome animation. How to solve that?

I forget exactly how but it has to do with how you pick the animation I think. You either need to do "three actors, named animation" for each one.

I know others have had the same problem. I don't remember if there is an actual solution earlier in the thread or just suggestions.

I have a problem while using this to trigger a group-sex scene, when i set up receiver(my character) and more than 1 actors, the threesome or foursome animation turns to a twosome animation. How to solve that?

I forget exactly how but it has to do with how you pick the animation I think. You either need to do "three actors, named animation" for each one.

I know others have had the same problem. I don't remember if there is an actual solution earlier in the thread or just suggestions.

well, actually i try to do all these steps, but it doesn't works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, how do i use animations with other than default tag?

I engage two charachters into having sex, than press shift+h => chose to change the tag button => press h, chose the pose => i got the message from SexLab that the animation from this new tag is playing(the one i've chosed), but it is not. When i press "o" to to go to the new animation in the list - it still the default list, not the tag i've chosed :(

Hey guys, how do i use animations with other than default tag?

I engage two charachters into having sex, than press shift+h => chose to change the tag button => press h, chose the pose => i got the message from SexLab that the animation from this new tag is playing(the one i've chosed), but it is not. When i press "o" to to go to the new animation in the list - it still the default list, not the tag i've chosed :(

Sometimes when I choose a new tag I have to repeat the process. I think there is a window of time before the anim starts that you can change what a mod chose and then after it starts you can change it as well, but in that window, while the anim is being setup and started, that it won't change.

Unless you are trying to change it after everything has started, or have not tried changing it a second time, I'd suggest hitting Shift-H a second time and see if it changes.

I dont see what Im doing wrong. I install this mod like any other mod. I open up the compressed file in my mod organizer. I activate it with the check. I check to make sure there are no mod conflictions, then run FNIS for users, then start up Skyrim in SKSE. I have all the requirements, which is UI extensions and of course Sexlab. The menu just flat doesnt show up, the menu Sexlab tools is supposed to add just doesnt show up, I even have MCM kickstarter and Ive tried reinstalling it multiple times. Maybe its just bugged and doesnt work? I have used the mod in the past but I try to install the new version and it just doesnt do anything. Does anyone know why I cant install this mod properly? 

I have this problem too. The same thing happens when i try to open the menu wheel in the Untamed mod, so i think it's a problem with UIExtensions, which they both use.

Trying to open the Tools menu also sets the current animation to a single one that can't be changed. I suspect the animation selected is just the first in the animation list.

I'm using them with Enderal, so either it's a UIExtensions problem or one of the new Enderal patches broke it.

I dont see what Im doing wrong. I install this mod like any other mod. I open up the compressed file in my mod organizer. I activate it with the check. I check to make sure there are no mod conflictions, then run FNIS for users, then start up Skyrim in SKSE. I have all the requirements, which is UI extensions and of course Sexlab. The menu just flat doesnt show up, the menu Sexlab tools is supposed to add just doesnt show up, I even have MCM kickstarter and Ive tried reinstalling it multiple times. Maybe its just bugged and doesnt work? I have used the mod in the past but I try to install the new version and it just doesnt do anything. Does anyone know why I cant install this mod properly? 

I have this problem too. The same thing happens when i try to open the menu wheel in the Untamed mod, so i think it's a problem with UIExtensions, which they both use.

Trying to open the Tools menu also sets the current animation to a single one that can't be changed. I suspect the animation selected is just the first in the animation list.

I'm using them with Enderal, so either it's a UIExtensions problem or one of the new Enderal patches broke it.

I think you're talking about a different problem. Ferrendor had a problem with the MCM menu not loading which is where you set the hotkeys for opening the menu you have issues with along with several other options.

Tools does not open a wheel menu on my setup, but a list, so it may not be working correctly on your setup as you suspect. I don't think that is a Tools issue though, as like I said, I don't have a wheel menu and suspect you shouldn't either. Otherwise, I cannot imagine trying to scroll through the (game max) 128 potential animations on a wheel.

I think you're talking about a different problem. Ferrendor had a problem with the MCM menu not loading which is where you set the hotkeys for opening the menu you have issues with along with several other options.

Tools does not open a wheel menu on my setup, but a list, so it may not be working correctly on your setup as you suspect. I don't think that is a Tools issue though, as like I said, I don't have a wheel menu and suspect you shouldn't either. Otherwise, I cannot imagine trying to scroll through the (game max) 128 potential animations on a wheel.

True. Tools normally has a list and Untamed has a wheel. The common thing between them is UIExtensions though, so maybe that mod is in charge of allowing the custom menu's/lists

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to get animations involving more than 2 actors to work. I've tried putting the correct number of actors in the que but the animation instead just plays with only two actors involved acting as if the 3rd/4th/so on is there when they are not. I've tried giving the actors the same animation but that didn't work, and I've tried only setting the first actor to have an animation but again nothing. Is there something I'm missing here, or is this a bug?

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to get animations involving more than 2 actors to work. I've tried putting the correct number of actors in the que but the animation instead just plays with only two actors involved acting as if the 3rd/4th/so on is there when they are not. I've tried giving the actors the same animation but that didn't work, and I've tried only setting the first actor to have an animation but again nothing. Is there something I'm missing here, or is this a bug?

Are you sure you have appropriate animations installed (consensual and/or non-consensual)? If you do and you want to play an FFM anim to be played you set up a female NPC as a receiver, another female as actor #1 and a male as actor #2. The number of actors should be 3 in this case (of course one of the actors can be the Player).

At least in my config this works 100% of the time.