SexLab More Creatures (2015-06-09)

"450 non-hostile creatures in cities, villages, farms, mills, etc"

1. Puts way tomany Creatures in game Like a Dog for ever 20 feet!

2. Horses inside the Towns?

3. There's like 10 Dogs in Rat Works and whin i go in there it's like BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK!

4. Go in some Ins there's like 4 of them!

So can make one that just puts just like 200 in game? With NO Horses inside the Towns?

Other then that it's a Good Mod!!

Horses in Cities may not be the most lore-friendly option, but if you consider this is meant to be used with aroused animals, I prefer the occasional horse to a dogs-only configuration (well yes, tame wolves, but don't they share the animations with dogs, anyway? We really need animations for farm animals like cows and goats :blush: ).

I had the impression that the number of animals is a bit high generally; half as many would be sufficient, in my opinion (at least in some places, I didn't conduct a thorough analysis :D ).

Aroused Creatures is the reason for putting horses in city cells. As the game progresses there are fewer and fewer reasons to approach stables which are the only places you find horses in the vanilla game. Beyond a certain point horses become a distant memory. Placing horses in fast travel hubs keeps them in the game.

From a lore/immersion perspective there are plenty of reasons horses would be ridden into town. And it seems doubtful goods would only be hauled as far as the stables when they could be taken right up to their destination without additional manpower (at least in Whiterun and Solitude).

For now I'll just remove them as that appears to be closest to the consensus.

I'll also halve the number of dogs in interiors and cities and maybe trim a few from the tighter spaces.

Aroused Creatures is the reason for putting horses in city cells. As the game progresses there are fewer and fewer reasons to approach stables which are the only places you find horses in the vanilla game. Beyond a certain point horses become a distant memory. Placing horses in fast travel hubs keeps them in the game.

From a lore/immersion perspective there are plenty of reasons horses would be ridden into town. And it seems doubtful goods would only be hauled as far as the stables when they could be taken right up to their destination without additional manpower (at least in Whiterun and Solitude).

For now I'll just remove them as that appears to be closest to the consensus.

I'll also halve the number of dogs in interiors and cities and maybe trim a few from the tighter spaces.

This^^^

Likely has a lot to do with certain views. Me I play immersive heavy games. I load up on mods like ineeds, frostfall etc and I never use fast travel, except the carriage when I pay to travel. The only time I  use fast travel is when I am testing mods for people.

I also will for immersion reason stop and leave my horse just outside stables when I get to a city instead of leaving it just outside the gate.

So play style likely has a lot to do with what most of us would like to see.

Though horses in cities, my biggest concern is they due to their size could cause pathing in cities for NPC's and I would rather them not walk up against a horse until they teleport past it. Just for me very immersion breaking to see.

I think maybe 1 dog or husky per inn, 2-4 dogs/huskies per city including the jarls palace (spread out so they have a small presence in each distinctive area of the cities) 1-2 dogs or huskies for farms/villages and a horse for each village/farm. 1 of each type of wolf for Jorvasker. (black wolf, ice wolf, red wolf) (rarely ever see red wolves) Tamed giant spider near Calcemo in Markarth. Maybe a tame gargoyle near Harkon's castle. Friendly troll under a bridge in the reach. Tame the frost troll on the way to High Hrothgar so low levels can go by with only requiring a fuck toll instead of running for their lives. Abused and starving Chaurus Hiding from the falmer of Blackreach in Sinderloin's house down there. Maybe a persistant werewolf in the Underforge. Pet flame atronach/draugr/dremora for certain conjuration wizards. (Do we have skeever models and animations yet?) If skeevers are covered.. Esbern needs company in the ratway.

Just my ideas for keeping it not over crowded, and immersive ways to add in more types of creatures. No ideas for bears, sabrecats, werebears, etc etc yet

On an additional note we need an animation for men to fuck goats and/or a cow. Excluviely for Nazeem. Replace his wife with a goat or cow.

Neat mod, was very interesting to see more animals in towns/cities including tamed wolves, nice touch.

Sadly had to uninstall this one due to that fact I like using the Populated Cities along with Expanded Towns and Cities.  With those 2 mods running and this one my game seems to fight over what npc should be loaded into what cell when say I load into Solitude.  My log shows errors upon loading say the dog near Solitudes blacksmith, while having a " commoner " npc loaded within the same space.  If a patch comes out later on for this one and those then I shall gladly try this out again.

And again, nice work with your mod.

I think maybe 1 dog or husky per inn, 2-4 dogs/huskies per city including the jarls palace (spread out so they have a small presence in each distinctive area of the cities) 1-2 dogs or huskies for farms/villages and a horse for each village/farm. 1 of each type of wolf for Jorvasker. (black wolf, ice wolf, red wolf) (rarely ever see red wolves) Tamed giant spider near Calcemo in Markarth. Maybe a tame gargoyle near Harkon's castle. Friendly troll under a bridge in the reach. Tame the frost troll on the way to High Hrothgar so low levels can go by with only requiring a fuck toll instead of running for their lives. Abused and starving Chaurus Hiding from the falmer of Blackreach in Sinderloin's house down there. Maybe a persistant werewolf in the Underforge. Pet flame atronach/draugr/dremora for certain conjuration wizards. (Do we have skeever models and animations yet?) If skeevers are covered.. Esbern needs company in the ratway.

Just my ideas for keeping it not over crowded, and immersive ways to add in more types of creatures. No ideas for bears, sabrecats, werebears, etc etc yet

On an additional note we need an animation for men to fuck goats and/or a cow. Excluviely for Nazeem. Replace his wife with a goat or cow.

I'm personally against adding tame "exotic" creatures as it's too much of a stretch to excuse their presence. The wolves around Jorrvaskr are about as far as I'm willing to go at the moment. Basically if it needs an invented story outside of the vanilla lore it won't be used.

Neat mod, was very interesting to see more animals in towns/cities including tamed wolves, nice touch.

Sadly had to uninstall this one due to that fact I like using the Populated Cities along with Expanded Towns and Cities.  With those 2 mods running and this one my game seems to fight over what npc should be loaded into what cell when say I load into Solitude.  My log shows errors upon loading say the dog near Solitudes blacksmith, while having a " commoner " npc loaded within the same space.  If a patch comes out later on for this one and those then I shall gladly try this out again.

it appears this mod is incompatible with expanded towns and cities. it causes a guaranteed bug upon approaching/entering morthal. perhaps a creature is spawning in the wall?

These problems are most likely down to exceeding the limits of the engine - just too many NPCs in a single cell. Without more details on the nature of the problems it's difficult to offer more than that.

Overlapping actors or actors spawning inside static meshes won't cause game-breaking problems - they will either be pushed out of each other's hit boxes or will just be inaccessible.

In general, if particular cells are causing issues it should be no problem to load up More Creatures in TES5Edit and remove them.

The next version will have far fewer creatures in city cells but towns will be the same.

I'm personally against adding tame "exotic" creatures as it's too much of a stretch to excuse their presence. The wolves around Jorrvaskr are about as far as I'm willing to go at the moment. Basically if it needs an invented story outside of the vanilla lore it won't be used.

it appears this mod is incompatible with expanded towns and cities. it causes a guaranteed bug upon approaching/entering morthal. perhaps a creature is spawning in the wall?

These problems are most likely down to exceeding the limits of the engine - just too many NPCs in a single cell. Without more details on the nature of the problems it's difficult to offer more than that.

Overlapping actors or actors spawning inside static meshes won't cause game-breaking problems - they will either be pushed out of each other's hit boxes or will just be inaccessible.

In general, if particular cells are causing issues it should be no problem to load up More Creatures in TES5Edit and remove them.

The next version will have far fewer creatures in city cells but towns will be the same.

Ok, cool will try it out again then.  I always found it odd how only 1 family or so would own a pet in 1 major city in Skyrim so this mod was of interest to me.  Just was not expecting " as much " lol that this came with.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance you guys still work on this mod?  Have suggestion here or request look at it how you please :) mod is nice for any game-play or purpose, i always tough there is missing creatures in city's. Problem is that with this mod there is way to many animals in city's and near them. I know nothing about CK and dono how to add or remove something from game so i ask.

Could you please make light version of More Creatures mod? I think like few guard dogs in city and no horses would be nice, no additional horses at stables, just a dog to guard whats there already. Basically what i ask, could you remake mod with real immersive approach?

Sorry for my English if i said something wrong.

Anyway ty for this mod and keep up good work.

I'm just about to upload SexLab More Creatures v0.04. I've only been able to find the time for perfunctory testing (making sure it doesn't CTD and visiting a few cells to make sure the creatures are loading).

• Fixed: Greatly reduced the number of creatures in city cells. This removes all horses and reduces the number of dogs.
  • Fixed: Reduced the number of dogs in interiors including inns and Jarl halls.

The number of exterior creatures is currently unchanged. Even so the total number of creatures added by this mod is now reduced to around 300.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested, or am testing out version 0.04. Had some issues with missing members at first and thought this somehow for whatever reason was responsible but turns out it was the simultanously installed Hentai Creatures requiring registration in Creature Framework. Anyway, read first that creature counts were lowered and wondered if there were any left. Apparently there are plenty. Placement of some of the horses seems a little off in my opinion and I'm thinking creature counts could be lowered even further. Then again I just ran around Whiterun and have no idea what it looks like elsewhere so far. Also mentioning missing members, I had an engagement with the Judah mesh, and its schlong was pretty weird. Like it had a furbie sleeve or something, but it looks fine in the meshes folder. The husky model also has the sleeve set-up but I think that worked fine. I don't know.

Tested, or am testing out version 0.04. Had some issues with missing members at first and thought this somehow for whatever reason was responsible but turns out it was the simultanously installed Hentai Creatures requiring registration in Creature Framework. Anyway, read first that creature counts were lowered and wondered if there were any left. Apparently there are plenty. Placement of some of the horses seems a little off in my opinion and I'm thinking creature counts could be lowered even further. Then again I just ran around Whiterun and have no idea what it looks like elsewhere so far. Also mentioning missing members, I had an engagement with the Judah mesh, and its schlong was pretty weird. Like it had a furbie sleeve or something, but it looks fine in the meshes folder. The husky model also has the sleeve set-up but I think that worked fine. I don't know.

I assume you mean around Whiterun exterior? I'll take a look at that next time.

There's nothing unique about the added creatures so any problems with nude meshes will be down to Creature Framework, Nude Creatures et al.

• 1 month later...

Ok I'll try to do a quick-ish thoughts on placement from city to city. Make that only Whiterun for now, it's a little more uninteresting and time consuming than I anticipated, as I haven't played Skyrim in a while.

EDIT: added Riften.

Whiterun (exterior)

Loreius farm (exterior)

Good placement on all animals. Having two dogs works fine, just not sure about them being german shepards. Maybe I'm just so used to seeing the default dogs that two non-vanilla ones in one place seems odd.

Battle-born farm (exterior)

Horse almost blocking a path. Maybe moved closer to the hay bales. Dog is fine.

Chillfurrow farm (exterior)

Horse placement feels a little off since it doesn't move from the spot at all. Dog is fine. Could remove one horse from one farm (above) and a dog from the other.

Honningbrew meadery (exterior)

Horse is assumably a customer's. But I also assume it's there indefinitely. Would make more sense to have it closer to the boilery itself. Dog has no routine so is pretty pointless since there's already one inside.

(interior)

Just a single dog, again no routine but doesn't need one, this one's fine.

Pelagia farm (exterior)

Sizable farm, though with really few workers but that's on Bethesda, so two horses looks fine. Placements feel fine too, including dog.

Crossroads

What's the dog waiting for? Doesn't make sense.

Whiterun stables (exterior)

Horse on knoll. Again, doesn't make sense. If really necessary, would look better next to mound of hay.

Horse on path outside stables. Horse should get a parking ticket. Seems pointless.

Second horse, closer to gate. Same as above. Maybe place both, or removing the other, next to the gate instead.

Dog could be next to sign instead.

Whiterun exterior gate and battlements

German shepard seems ok, would have looked better patrolling the battlements but oh well. Maybe not have it block a path.

Horse outside main gate. Waiting for someone? Without a saddle? Could be deleted IMO.

Dual huskies. Not used to seeing huskies outside Fort Dawnguard so that's on me. Still, two could be reduced to one, and not have it block a path. Maybe sitting on one of the steps instead, left and right of the road.

Whiterun (interior)

Dog near manhole cover/Warmaiden's. Closer to a grassy spot instead if necessary to place there. Would look better inside Drunken Huntsman - unless this would break mods that modify Huntsman. Maybe have it guard Olava's house or Ysolda's or something - in an exterior location though.

Dog at market. Maybe. But there's already a similar dog in the next location.

Arcadia's Cauldron (interior)

I guess it works. Maybe better for Belethor? Not sure.

Bannered Mare (interior)

Guess this works too.

Battle-born house (exterior)

Placement not working for me really. Maybe closer to knoll behind house.

Battle-born house (interior)

I hear a dog panting but don't see one. Hmm. Aura whisper reveals no dog so maybe some kind of bug.

Hall of the dead (interior)

Seems fine.

Jorrvaskr (exterior)

Tame wolf placement not ideal. Closer to entrance or placed behind it instead. Or remove it completely since there's already one in the interior cell.

Dragonsreach (interior)

Hmmm maybe, though next to the firepit instead perhaps. Just again not sure a husky works in this location. No canine in Dragonsreach dungeon though, that would have maybe made sense.

All in all, I think Whiterun could use some further culling. I may have missed some interior and possibly exterior locations, didn't feel like lockpicking and probably didn't explore every nook.

Markarth (exterior)

Salvius Farm (exterior)

The Salvius couple don't really strike me as the type to have any kind of farm animals, except the chickens, though it's a fairly large plot of land albeit with a bunch of potato plants. So yes, I think the animals are superfluous, that said, the placement is really bad on them. Seem to have just been dropped in a straight line, right on the path. Dog can work, but maybe have it facing the main road instead?

Left Hand Mine (exterior)

Bit of a creature overload going on overall in Markarth exterior, and a little unnecessary considering it already has a stable and two dogs near each other. Anyway, first unsaddled horse. Maybe closer to the bridge or to an object like a house instead - or to the side of Daighre's house with the hay.

First dog, maybe closer to the stream or Deighre's house steps. German shepard, pushed back a little. Saddled horse near Daighre's house, yeah maybe. Last dog and horse, getting a little too crowded. Horse if really necessary could be placed to the side of the barracks.

Near stables and guard towers

German shepard blocking path. Moved to the right of the carriage, maybe.

Stables (exterior)

Saddled horse, could be removed, bad placement either way. Extra dog, sure. Extra unsaddled horse in the back, ok, but why not a Markarth horse?

Markarth (interior)

Cidhna mine (exterior)

German shepard. Ok, maybe closer to entrance.

The Warrens

Not a single (stray) dog?

The Hag's Cure

Ok.

Guard tower (exterior)

Fine, although a husky again.

The Silverblood Inn

Fine.

The Treasury House (interior)

First unarmored husky I've seen, which is fine, placement could be different.

Understone Keep (exterior)

German shepard at the top of the steps - fine.

Understone Keep (interior)

Husky guard dog - blocking path. Next to guard on either side instead? Second husky guard dog, ok.

Riften (exterior)

Apparently dogville now. That's fine. Extra horses near the stables a little unnecessary. Dogs are fine, though the one at the Khajiit camp could be removed. Two guard dogs at gate could be changed to just one.

Horse near the gate doesn't block paths or anything just seems odd.

Whole bunch of dogs on the docks, all fine, though the guard dog at the harbor entrance could go.

Didn't check north gate, probably a dog there too, which should be fine.

Riften (interior)

A lot of dogs again. Everything works though, and thinking through them I can't think of one that could be placed elsewhere or removed. The german shepherd near the Keep entrance could be placed at the training grounds maybe.

Interiors, same thing. Possibly missed an interior location; checked inn, the odd store, thieves guild, all fine on counts and placements.

Ok I'll try to do a quick-ish thoughts on placement from city to city. Make that only Whiterun for now, it's a little more uninteresting and time consuming than I anticipated, as I haven't played Skyrim in a while.

Thanks for doing this. I'll use these notes next time I go through the mod.

One thing to note about the exact placements via CK is that the game will shift some of them slightly for no discernible reason - a horse placed at a roadside might inexplicably stand in the middle of the road instead and return there if it's moved. Naturally going through every location looking for these discrepancies in-game was a major chore (which is why I didn't do it exhaustively) so I really appreciate when it's been done for me!

I ran into two slight issues at the Solitude docks: A horse at the top of the stairs down to the docks and a dog sitting on the dock itself, both of which were breaking NPC pathfinding.

I don't even remember putting a horse there - not a great place for one. I'll take a look at the dog too. Thanks.

I can confirm it was from this mod as I checked their IDs at the time. Unfortunately I don't remember the specific IDs and I force-disabled both of the via the console and never re-enabled them so I can't get the refIDs for you if needed them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I tried using it with Aroused Creatures and... is it possible all animals you added have secual preference set to male? I checked riverwood and Whiterun so far, and it seams to be all of them. I'm not quite sure if it's your mod that did thi, however, since most vanilla (domestic) animals seam to be the same.

Very curious indeed...

Hey,

I tried using it with Aroused Creatures and... is it possible all animals you added have secual preference set to male? I checked riverwood and Whiterun so far, and it seams to be all of them. I'm not quite sure if it's your mod that did thi, however, since most vanilla (domestic) animals seam to be the same.

Very curious indeed...

Aroused Creatures doesn't pay any attention to sexual preference at all so that shouldn't be preventing anything.

Check the usual suspects: make sure creatures are enabled in the SexLab MCM, see if you can start sex with creatures using MatchMaker, check that the creatures have the required arousal levels to trigger animation (hit N on them), turn down the SLAC thresholds to 0 to see if it works then. Turn the Ignore Duration in SLAC MCM to 0 then wait 2 hours in the wait menu to make sure creatures are not being ignored (which can happen if creatures were disabled in SL for any length of time).

Sometimes it can take a long time for SexLab Aroused Redux to update arousal levels so everyone will have a level of 0 to start with. If this becomes a problem you may need to adjust the settings for SLAR or consider switching to the original SexLab Aroused which is much more active but can seriously bog down slower machines.

Hey,

Very curious indeed...

Aroused Creatures doesn't pay any attention to sexual preference at all so that shouldn't be preventing anything.

Check the usual suspects: make sure creatures are enabled in the SexLab MCM, see if you can start sex with creatures using MatchMaker, check that the creatures have the required arousal levels to trigger animation (hit N on them), turn down the SLAC thresholds to 0 to see if it works then. Turn the Ignore Duration in SLAC MCM to 0 then wait 2 hours in the wait menu to make sure creatures are not being ignored (which can happen if creatures were disabled in SL for any length of time).

Sometimes it can take a long time for SexLab Aroused Redux to update arousal levels so everyone will have a level of 0 to start with. If this becomes a problem you may need to adjust the settings for SLAR or consider switching to the original SexLab Aroused which is much more active but can seriously bog down slower machines.

Yea, I know, I already did that... still, when I check them through Sexlab Arousal/Status, almost all animals I encounter prefer males by default. I can change it via puppetmaster and the act starts just fine if the arousal levels fit the bill, but I'd have to do that for every dingle animal.

It's not a problem with the mod in itself, it's a problem with the SexLab stats for animals, so I'm looking for the origin of those... so, you are saying, your mod only puts more animals in the game, but it doesn't set sexlab stats for them?

It's not a problem with the mod in itself, it's a problem with the SexLab stats for animals, so I'm looking for the origin of those... so, you are saying, your mod only puts more animals in the game, but it doesn't set sexlab stats for them?

Initial stats are set by the SexLab Framework and should be randomised.

Creature sexuality is almost completely irrelevant as they currently do not have any gender (they actually occupy a third gender that is usually treated as male for the purposes of SexLab)

SexLab Aroused / Redux uses the sexuality state to determine exposure levels. AFAIK this affects the exposure gained from seeing a naked actor - where a hetero male might gain 4 exposure for seeing a naked female, a gay male might only gain 2 exposure. I'm honestly not sure how, or even if this affects creatures.

As I mentioned sexuality doesn't directly affect Aroused Creatures - a homosexual "male" creature will engage a female NPC under the exact same circumstances as a heterosexual one. If you are seeing more activity after changing their stat it is important to note that hitting N on any actor will immediately update their arousal levels so a previously passive creature could suddenly become active on the next poll.

Hey,

Very curious indeed...

Yea, I know, I already did that... still, when I check them through Sexlab Arousal/Status, almost all animals I encounter prefer males by default. I can change it via puppetmaster and the act starts just fine if the arousal levels fit the bill, but I'd have to do that for every dingle animal.

I would +1 this as I've gotten in the habit of adjusting the preferences of often-passed animals manually, but would love if someone knew where any script line was that responsible for defaulting animals to prefer males in SL.  I don't believe animals have any form of "gender" in Skyrim's engine, and the all prefer males thing is an oversight based on that.

I could be wrong, but I think the main issue with this default is that animals won't gain arousal from seeing naked females (or females in skimpy gear marked as naked in SLA).  Hydra Slavegirls adds a large amount of nudity to the game, but the animals added by More Creatures generally only engage if SLA gives them a high enough threshold to start with or they are idle near other Sexlab Scenes for long enough.  

Not really something related to SLMC tho, as it just adds normal dogs/horses ect with custom AI to the game as far as I'm aware.

Edit: Sailing Rebel beat me to it, the only thing it really effects is exposure to naked actors, which is the only really relevant if you use mods that add naked actors or have armor set as revealing in SLA.  I believe a creature that prefers males may not gain any exposure from a naked female, but I'd have to test with papyrus logs to check.  Still an open question if anyone happens to know where in the SL scripts creature preference is set.