SexLab More Creatures (2015-06-09)

View File

Adds more friendly domestic animals to the world of Skyrim.

This places around 300 non-hostile creatures in cities, villages, farms, mills, etc, and also adds a few dogs to interiors like inns and Jarl halls. The primary intention is to provide more animals that will work with Aroused Creatures while not introducing anything too immersion-breaking (like pet sabre cats and house-trolls). As a result the vast majority (about 95%) of these are dogs and horses.

In order to provide some variety within this restriction the mod references the Judah dog model included in More Nasty Critters and the husky model from the Dawnguard DLC. This means that the complete MNC install is required, which in turn requires both DG and DB DLC. The plan was to provide separate plugins for those with and without the DLC, but a few hours into the edit it became apparent that this was just too much work to be completed in any reasonable amount of time. My apologies to those without the DLC.

Generally the placement is consistent with location, so you won't find a saddled horse near some random bridge in the middle of nowhere only in places that someone could conceivably leave a horse saddled. You'll find armoured husky "guard dogs" in jarl's residences and occasionally at guard posts and sleeping quarters. There are also a bunch of tame wolves in and around Jorrvaskr. There are no saber cats, bears, werewolves or anything else that would required an "excuse" outside of the story for its presence. I've avoided placing animals in locations where I know stealth is required at some time.

I had planned to add Death Hounds to vampire locations but I couldn't be sure how to set the factions to prevent conflict.

This mod has been cleaned in TESVEdit. With so many cell edits that have to be manually examined this is no small task. Updates are going to be few and far between as I really need to collect up a whole lot of edits to do at once to make it worthwhile. For anyone using this early version I'd be grateful if you could provide some bug reports. In particular we are looking for animals spawning inside walls, animals being unexpectedly aggressive, free horses (they are all supposed to be owned) and any clashes with other mods. Ideally I'd need to know the location and creature(s) involved, screenshots would really help.

The creatures are all weak, nonessential and respawning. Combat could thin their numbers but if you want to get them back just disable the esp in your load order, make a clean save, then re-enable it.

This mod has no scripting, no models or textures and should be very safe to install and uninstall at will. Load order should not really matter, but if you see any cell being overridden please report it.

If you find an area that you think has too many or too few animals that would also be helpful.

Requirements
All DLC
SexLab
More Nasty Critters (complete install)

Install
Use a mod manager or just drop the esp into your data folder and activate it in your load order.

Unistall
Simply remove the esp. No other steps required.

Update
Make a clean save to ensure changes are properly applied. Uninstall the mod, load your game and make a new save, then install the updated version.

Change Log

v0.04 (2015-06-09)

• Fixed: Greatly reduced the number of creatures in city cells. This removes all horses and reduces the number of dogs.
  • Fixed: Reduced the number of dogs in interiors including inns and Jarl halls.

v0.03 (2015-05-15)

Fixed: Cleaned masters.

v0.02 (2015-05-15)

Fixed: DLC1HunterFaction causing huskies to attack vampire PCs.

License
This mod is released under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/14/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard, Dragonborn, SexLab, More Nasty Critters
  • Special Edition Compatible

Thanks for this, definitely a nice side mod to use alongside aroused creatures.

Quick early issue to report that I believe is a factions issue - all husky type mobs are aggressive to a character on the vampire side of the Dawnguard questline.  I'm assuming they are aligned faction-wise with the dawnguard faction, which means as soon as I entered whiterun there were 3 Judah type dogs and a regular husky running around marked as aggressive.  They don't actually attack and are easy to dispatch without the townspeople getting angry.  I had the same issue in the past trying to spawn in a non-aggressive husky via console (only one I could find is Hentai Creature's Hentai Husky).

Otherwise works great and does exactly what is advertised so far.

Yeah, I completely forgot the DLC1HunterFaction, my bad. This might be more of a problem in areas where I assigned owners to some dog instances. Thanks for the report.

Let me know if this quick TESVEdit altered version fixes it for you. All I did was remove the DLC faction from the three dog bases. You should make a clean save to ensure the faction changes are applied.

SexLab More Creatures v0.02.7z

Based on a quick (< 5 min) test, it seems the edited .esp works just fine for vampire PCs, no more upset husky and german shepherds running around.

Great, I've uploaded that version as an update. Thanks.

Nice, but why it require Hearthfire DLC? At least v0.02..

Ah, I didn't even notice that. Not sure when it appeared, it's also required for v0.01. Certainly wasn't added deliberately. I'll need to experiment with removing it tonight. Thanks for the report.

kinda want a pet shop of little horrors so i can go and buy my pet trolls to keep me warm at night.

Well, Hentai Creatures included in MNC lets you buy spells for summoning them. Is that close enough?

Thanks for this, the shortage of domestic animals certainly needed fixing :)

It's been lacking for a while. With only 40-50 friendly creatures in the whole world Aroused Creatures had very little to work with until now.

I actually thought doing this myself a few days ago, so thanks for this mod.

For my personal taste it's just a bit much - only checked Whiterun so far - but don't get me wrong, it's your mod and you decide ; )

The only thing I noticed so far was that the dog lying near the small "bridge" in front of the tree (why can't I remember the name) with the quest attached to it (nettlebane and stuff) seemed to give a patrolling guard some problems. He always walked towards the dog, backed up, tried it again and basically looped that for a good time. But I lost interest and don't know if he ever made it past the dog ; )

For my personal taste it's just a bit much - only checked Whiterun so far - but don't get me wrong, it's your mod and you decide ; )

The only thing I noticed so far was that the dog lying near the small "bridge" in front of the tree (why can't I remember the name) with the quest attached to it (nettlebane and stuff) seemed to give a patrolling guard some problems. He always walked towards the dog, backed up, tried it again and basically looped that for a good time. But I lost interest and don't know if he ever made it past the dog ; )

Yeah! I got same problem with patrol guards, and chikens and dogs. I use Enhanced Cities and this mod adds animals to roads.

O and "hydra slavegirls" adds some dogs to towns, no huski just regular dogs named stray dog. And they really messing things if installed all.

I did make the city cells intentionally "busy" - lots of domestic animals around domiciles.

The creatures have no markers at the moment so they will "wander" as they engage nearby women and occasionally block paths as a result. NPCs should eventually teleport past obstructions given time. Any waiting or zoning should fix it too.

If you think there are any animals in particular that should go just let me know which. Alternatively you can tweak this in-game by disabling individual animals via the console. Open the console, click on the creature, enter disable.

I'm wondering if that particular dog issue there is the source of the old busy-dog problem from Aroused Creatures. The guard might be trying to approach the dog for the "Stupid dog" scene but the priority is fighting with their patrol behaviour so the scene is started but never completes.

Is it possible add wild vampireLords ?

Well, this mod is really aimed at friendly creatures so that kind of falls outside of the remit. Having said that I did sneak in a few bandit dogs - but those are friendly to the bandits, if you know what I mean.

I think Hentai Creatures has a spell for summoning vamp lords.

Just adding a CC-By-SA license section to the description to clarify where I stand on that. I've noticed some trouble with abandonware mods lately so this should future-proof things.

I played with it for some time, and I like the idea, but I would like ''lite'' version even more with some less animals and no animals added to interiors.

I still need to look at this. What I'm thinking is that it would be simplest to use TESVEdit to delete the interior cells then go through the remaining cells and delete every other creature. This would be a blunderbuss approach but would be a hell of a lot faster than re-editing in Creation Kit.

Naturally this would have to be redone in each new version and the results would be different each time - a creature that was in the previous version might be replaced by another in a different location. We'll see how it goes.

Mod sounds like a very cool idea, I always thought there was to few domestic animals around Skyrim. i have not tried this mod yet, but I hope there is not to many of them. Me personally I am thinking 1 dog per inn, maybe 2 guard dogs in jarls place. No more than 5 dogs in a city or town. I know cities are bigger but there is less need for dogs to guard live stock and stuff in cities. Maybe a extra 2-3 horse at stables outside of cities and same in towns.

Just tossing out numbers on what I personally feel is right. I will give the mod a check hopefully today and lets you know what I think and as always feel free to ignore any suggestions I make. I am meerly offering my opinion and nothing more.

Mod sounds like a very cool idea, I always thought there was to few domestic animals around Skyrim. i have not tried this mod yet, but I hope there is not to many of them. Me personally I am thinking 1 dog per inn, maybe 2 guard dogs in jarls place. No more than 5 dogs in a city or town. I know cities are bigger but there is less need for dogs to guard live stock and stuff in cities. Maybe a extra 2-3 horse at stables outside of cities and same in towns.

Just tossing out numbers on what I personally feel is right. I will give the mod a check hopefully today and lets you know what I think and as always feel free to ignore any suggestions I make. I am meerly offering my opinion and nothing more.

Great, that's exactly the kind of feed back I'm looking for.

There are probably 4-6 dogs in the city cells along with 2-4 horses, so maybe a bit much right now. Typically Inns and Jarl residences have 1-2 dogs (I think I dropped 4 in Dragons Reach and Blue Palace), farms and mills have 1-3 animals added. Exterior settlements have 4-8 animals added depending on size and composition.

4-6 dogs in cities sounds fine, I mean that is a average of 5. I think 2-4 horses inside the city would be a bigger issue. Personally I would keep them to the stable area outside the city, since that is the point of the stable.

4 dogs in Dragons Reach would be ok because it is a huge open area for a lot of it. The Blue Palace I think would be a issue because all the rooms are much smaller and I think that many dogs would cause issues.

farms mills when you say 1-3 I assume you mean at least 1 horse and 1 dog and maybe a second one of one of them? If so then that would work I think.

for exterior settlements I assume you mean towns like riverwood etc. If so if you are talking 4-8 totally animals then that would be fine, though I would lean it towards more dogs than horses, say 3-5 dogs and 1-3 horses.

Edit: The more I think about it the more I think horses in cities would be a issue. They are big and in many cities would block streets etc. The more I think about the more I think horses should not be in cities and only in the main Skyrim cell, out by the stable or by nearby farms, etc. Or even a horse outside of watch towers so guards can ride it to race back with vital information would make sense. Just more and more not liking the idea of horses inside of cities.

Mmm. I'm way more partial to a lighter version myself, because I think skyrim doesn't handle large numbers of animals well. They block pathfinding, and horses in particular can be a bit problematic.

My personal feedback would be maybe...

1 dog per inn

1 dog max per cell (armored huskies!) in dragonsreach for easy pathfinding. It may seem a lot of space, but I've recall reading that just 1 (larger-sized than normal) wolf can noticeably hold up traffic in dragons reach.

Maybe 2 dogs wandering around the large cities - strays, or perhaps 1 stray, 1 husky guard dog?

Approx 2 horses exterior of small towns. 1-2 extra horses in the large city stables.

I don't mind the idea of bustling cities with all sorts of life in it, its more the current engine and scripting system.

Also, am I the only one who thinks, if we're gonna add huskies and armored huskies, might as well give them normal combat stats? It seems a bit out of place otherwise. Likewise horses should have normal durability. Wouldn't really make much difference to game balance in the end.

Just my thoughts. Others may feel differently.

Okay, so we're leaning away from horses in city cells and halving the number of dogs in both cities and interiors.

I think the exterior population seems to match people's expectations so I'll leave that unless someone runs into a particular issue.

Pathfinding in vanilla Whiterun is pretty garbage anyway, if you've ever led a follower back behind Breezehome you'll know they inexplicably take the long way around. Path blocking shouldn't be any real issue since NPCs will teleport past obstructions, just a temporary annoyance.

When I get a moment I'm going to experiment with some dog markers in city cells to see if we can keep the paths clear.

Well, what the "ideal" number of creatures would be is pretty subjective to personal preference and the cell in question IMO.  I personally haven't minded the number of creatures this mod adds currently, other than disabling a few when they explicitly are getting in the way of traffic or are blocking an important path (like the stone stairs near the inn in Whiterun).  Of course for those that want much less (like 1/2) of the creatures manually disabling them on each save file would be an annoying chore for each new save file and area.

While it is making a simple mod more complicated at least for the install, there may be some benefit to having multiple versions available offering different densities to suit those who want dogs/horses/wolves running everywhere and those that simply want a few more dog owners in the world than that annoying brat in Riverrun.