[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 1/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, landess said:

They allow the 'model' to enter 'SOLO WOOHOO' and select the 'selfie stage' for that location

That is true of course, my point was, that only the selfie in bed works for me.

Now I just looked into the corresponding XML in the KW mod. (kinkystages.xml)

Therein are six animations which all require to have EP9 installed and for one (couch) the female sim need to have a dildo in the inventory as well.

The stages are :

Bed (single or double) for female and two for male (one standing)

Couch for female (dildo)

TableDining for female and male.

All those animations have a animation without selfie first -as entrance- and once this finished the selfie animation should start.

However, will have a deeper look into that next times, because there are lines in the XML in regard to <nextstage> and <requirednextstage> on this animations which look not logic to me. Maybe that is why they do not work for me. Will report back once I found something out.

Not 100% sure but think that KW offers also other objects as bed, couch and TableDining for Kinky selfies. But here no animation is available yet and that is the message saying in the screen shoot above.

Edited by Clydie
1 hour ago, Clydie said:

EP9 installed

With this @naniiiii??, you tell nothing of your install or what EPs. What KW build? You have University EP? It has been a trend (again) that people post questions and give no info about their game, other mods or EPs being used. Some issues can be that you simply need to replace the bed because there is some glitch with EA already in the game lots that old beds must be replaced for animations to work.

1 hour ago, DarkAudit said:

starting out with roles reversed.

It seems this can happen if the initiating Sim chooses an animation for male/female as a female - I've never seen it happen with a male initiating woohoo.

Why does it happen? No Clue - Oniki was wise enough to add the switch positions option in the Kinky menu once woohoo has begun.

3 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

I'm running 409 and all the packs except Sweet Treats (thank you Steam bundle sale), and a number of animations are starting out with roles reversed. Like a couple of OLL's missionary (bed and floor) and Lucas rough doggy.

@landess is pretty much correct from experience that I had during testing FemmeBots with gender restrictions disabled to test strapon feature. This will also happen because of some "updated" xmls which blurred gender lines for "inclusivity". I have rewritten several xmls using s3pe to unfix a few things. I do not have a list. Basically, I went thru the xmls and removed male as actor 1, which tends to be the female role in hetero situation, while actor 0 I may leave male/ female if I think okay as a hetero/ lesbian anim. 

But as landess said, it's because of how the xmls are set up. Also, the Lady666 package that was "upgraded" was changed to the "inclusive" way, and I think Amra72 as well.

For me, it is a pain as I generally play a hetero couple and also tend to have the female initiate "things". Closer to reality for me. ))) And it was messed up to have the husband riding as the cowgirl or once with his head tilted back on the couch in a very feminine pose. ((( Unfixed!

I believe that Clydie made a set of "hetero-ish" xmls. Also, he and I removed the female and strapon option from blow jobs. Kind of silly giving a bj to a strapon.

OY! To add that this has been an issue for many gay players, in that they tend to have a dom and sub, and because of the way the xmls are, similar that their sub can not initiate as it places the dom as being sub. More complaints of this nature on Passion thread.

Edited by LadySmoks
5 hours ago, landess said:

It seems this can happen if the initiating Sim chooses an animation for male/female as a female - I've never seen it happen with a male initiating woohoo.

Makes things weird when the male is an NPC, like when the lady of the house is alone and bored and the mailman is kinda cute...

Is this just something I'm going to have to live with, or can the animators that are still around fix things on their end?

42 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

Is this just something I'm going to have to live with

Well, yes.

Did you miss the part about swapping positions after woohoo begins with a new menu option that appears once woohoo is being executed?

If role play is your goal - just try solo woohoo and 'ask to join'. Use your imagination . . . .

2 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Is this just something I'm going to have to live with, or can the animators that are still around fix things on their end?

Actually yes, as far as the animator is still active and somebody point him to the animation name. If not, try my OKW files provided here in the download section.

But read the readme file in there first, please !

Basically KW and Passion follow strictly the possibilities given in the XML for an animation. And it should not matter if a female or a male is the initiator. But sometimes you have gender entrances in the xml which may lead to unwanted situations. With two actors mostly the xml is wrong or the animator have input to many possibilities (blow job i.e. as actor 0 and 1 both genders). Or let say a tree some actually foreseen as FFM.

Sometimes  you found in the xml  actor 0 male, actor 1 female, actor 2 female, male) But, for me such a tree some does not automatically mean that if two males involved that this two are gay or bi. Hope you know what I mean. So in the xml for the actor 2 the male need to be removed.

For me this OKW tuning was/is a ongoing thing. Sometimes I still find situations what for my perspective are wrong. Then I go into the XML and correct it according to my opinion.

Edited by Clydie
add
4 hours ago, Clydie said:

Actually yes, as far as the animator is still active and somebody point him to the animation name. If not, try my OKW files provided here in the download section.

But read the readme file in there first, please !

Basically KW and Passion follow strictly the possibilities given in the XML for an animation. And it should not matter if a female or a male is the initiator. But sometimes you have gender entrances in the xml which may lead to unwanted situations. With two actors mostly the xml is wrong or the animator have input to many possibilities (blow job i.e. as actor 0 and 1 both genders). Or let say a tree some actually foreseen as FFM.

Sometimes  you found in the xml  actor 0 male, actor 1 female, actor 2 female, male) But, for me such a tree some does not automatically mean that if two males involved that this two are gay or bi. Hope you know what I mean. So in the xml for the actor 2 the male need to be removed.

For me this OKW tuning was/is a ongoing thing. Sometimes I still find situations what for my perspective are wrong. Then I go into the XML and correct it according to my opinion.

One that I said, Lady666's anims... I have the older ones, AND the newer "fixed" version, and several actors were changed in the remade xml to allow animations that she had made as hetero to be used as gay/ lesbian, by adding male and female to both roles. When you look at her old xml, anims are listed as M/M if she intended them to be, and others were far more gender based and role restricted. But again, the new xml changed that.

Not sure if it is Lucas or no, but I believe that one xml lists actors as Female/ Male in actor 0 slot, while others list Male/ Female. Not sure if the order makes any difference or no?

7 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Problem is, it's not always there. Sometimes there's only the option to switch to a new animation.

Good information. I wish I had more myself to offer as My own experience is well within tolerance levels. Some people just want more from something free.

59 minutes ago, landess said:

Good information. I wish I had more myself to offer as My own experience is well within tolerance levels. Some people just want more from something free.

Yes! And who, what, where animations play is very much something that (if it bothers you enough), you have only a few options short of making your own. For me... and @Clydie, the option was to rewrite the xmls to better fit our personal gameplay... which may not be right for the next person. )))

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Not sure if it is Lucas or no, but I believe that one xml lists actors as Female/ Male in actor 0 slot, while others list Male/ Female. Not sure if the order makes any difference or no?

Actually it should not matter. But it is something like a standard, same as for the Key Names in the XML.

Here it is said that Actor 0 should be male, 1 female, 2 male, 3 female a.s.o. But even if you consider a female rubbing animation, the actor 0 must be female anyway.

But to my experience it works all ways. You can determine actor 0 as female and actor 1 as male and it works. Again KW and Passion follow at first the rule given by the XML. As long as an actor is determined as a single actor for one gender only. I.e. Some animators determine actor 3 as male and actor 2 as female and it works.

The point is, the animator need to consider each possible variant of his animation and if he really want this in game. In this respect i.e. I changed many animations among others in the WTW pack XML and for L666 too. Lastly I still found a L666 animation, a blowjob two actors. Actor 0 female,male, actor 1 female, male. Then I saw the poor male trying to blow the girl, what is OK so far, but the animation does not fit for that and look strange ? . Correct it should be actor 0 male. actor 1 male, female.

May I should add one more thing :

First row in the XML for each actor defines the animation file which is unique. In one of the next lines the gender is determined. Will say no mod not Passion or KW will change that rule.

Mean if you made an animation foreseen for a female and you determine this animation as female as actor, then you never will see this animation carried out by a male.

But must admit to have no glue how the partner change possibility is working. If the XML is correct, there is no need to use or have this function. (I do not use it at all)

And as far as Passion is concerned, this possibility was meant for the old AW files which had no gender determination. So, on those you often saw actors in the wrong position. Then you could swap the positions, but they returned as soon as the next animation start to play.

59 minutes ago, Clydie said:

Actually it should not matter. But it is something like a standard, same as for the Key Names in the XML.

Not the names, but the order they are written. I think that most animations list actor 0 as male first, and female second, and actor 1 as female first, and male second, as to signal that actor 0 is primarily the male role, and actor 1 primarily female role, but to also allow female as actor 0 and male as actor 1... in most. But, I think (not sure without checking) that Lucas and OLL may list female first and male second for actor 0, which is what I am wondering causes something in KW and perhaps Passion to react differently in some animations.

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

Mean if you made an animation foreseen for a female and you determine this animation as female as actor, then you never will see this animation carried out by a male.

I understand that. That is what I change, just as you do. Many animations for blow job as example... I remove female option and remove "use strapon" from actor 0 (same as you, I believe), as I also find giving bj to a piece of silicone to be silly, especially when it then has orgasm animation for actor 0.

9 hours ago, Clydie said:

XML and for L666 too. Lastly I still found a L666 animation, a blowjob two actors. Actor 0 female,male, actor 1 female, male.

I missed this first time I read. L666... Lady666, is one I mentioned about the "fixed update" that she did not do as far as I know. If you look at her older animations versions, she was pretty good about maintaining sensible xmls. Her last animation package, I do not think was entirely her doing, as I believe that is the only set of anims from her that had the gender mixing for the actors, as she made separate M/M and F/F animations in her older packages.

Either way, we both do the same and simply play, see an animation that does not seem appropriate and then find the animation in the xml and change it to what we each prefer. ) YAY... s3pe!

Where does OKW store the settings for import and export? You hit the export button, and it will say settings exported successfully or file already exists. That's it. Import, and it won't ask where to import FROM, it just does it. Looking through my game data folder in Documents, there's nothing I've found that suggests it may be the file in question. All I can think of doing is look at the clock when I hit Export, write the time down, and then play for a few more minutes to make sure *that* is the only possible candidate from the cryptic filenames left behind.

On a related note, does the mod expect a certain set of animation files to be installed before it ever even runs for the first time? On a brand new install of the game, before ever running a single save (just starting up the launcher for the fist time is enough to populate the relevant folders, I discovered),  I downloaded and installed OKW (build 409 from Patreon) and a stack of animations from the usual suspects and beyond. Noted the names that would need to be added in the animations list. To my surprise, nearly 3/4 of the sets were already in the active list. Saved me a few minutes of typing, I guess. :) 

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

giving bj to a piece of silicone to be silly, especially when it then has orgasm animation for actor 0.

?

Either way, we both do the same and simply play, see an animation that does not seem appropriate and then find the animation in the xml and change it to what we each prefer. ) YAY... s3pe!

Right, and thought that other members may also do not like such situations. That is why I upload my OKW files in the animation thread. L666 is in there too.

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Not the names, but the order they are written..........

Really, I don't think so. But Lucas and especially OLL have sometimes just wrong entrances in the XML for my opinion. Again have a look to my OKW file.

Lucas is not in there because he often update his animations, but oll......

41 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

Where does OKW store the settings for import and export?

In the Library folder. Checking about the time the file is written is the right way.

41 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

Saved me a few minutes of typing, I guess.

Yes, some animation packs are predefined in KW. But you need to have the (KW and OKW) files installed in your mod folder too. If not delete them out of this list in KW. Think it is Amra, MaryJane, L666 animation packs what is predefined. (maybe some more)

By the way, Passion install ALL by automatically (except the newest ones OLL, Brisbane and no more Lucas since he split his packs)  but Passion checks first if they are installed.

KW does not check if they are installed but just register them.

Edited by Clydie
35 minutes ago, Clydie said:

Yes, some animation packs are predefined in KW. But you need to have the (KW and OKW) files installed in your mod folder too

Everything was in the proper place, I was just surprised that some of them were "preinstalled" before I ever enabled OKW for the first time on that machine.

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

Really, I don't think so. But Lucas and especially OLL have sometimes just wrong entrances in the XML for my opinion. Again have a look to my OKW file.

Lucas is not in there because he often update his animations, but oll......

It is double edged sword with Lucas. So many new animations and updates, but an update means a new xml. But face it, we are very lucky to have him and his talent!!!

I have said this before... As far as I know, when including Analust, Lucas is the most prolific animator in Sims 3! And all of the animations are good!!!

Where does OKW store the settings for import and export?

As @Clydie said, library, and in mine is about 5 or 6 kb. Nraas also stores it's saved setting there. If you enter edit town, and have saved families, you will see blank families... that is probably them... click on and it will tell what the file is.

Saved me a few minutes of typing, I guess. :) 

I must look up how to do it every time that I need to, but there is copy/ paste method that works, instead of typing. 14 animations packages and 16 panties packages, and yes, gets old typing all of that.

38 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I must look up how to do it every time that I need to, but there is copy/ paste method that works, instead of typing. 14 animations packages and 16 panties packages, and yes, gets old typing all of that.

I export a 'master' settings file that has everything just how I like it, all animation sets included. Then I import it for any new save. All the sets are now in the new save.

38 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

I export a 'master' settings file that has everything just how I like it, all animation sets included. Then I import it for any new save. All the sets are now in the new save.

I do that for Nraas. Hope it works for you with KW. I have had some issues with clicking import, and getting a message "No Settings Found", or something like that. One of my long running frustrations, although others have not had the issue. Could be another mod that causes this in my game, as I often say that there are some mod interactions/ conflicts that simply do not show without the trial and error removal and test process... unless it's was a problem that was figured out and on the web somewhere. My example is a vampire mod that caused Plumbot motive bars to go blank! Think of just how unrelated vampires and Plumbots are. Completely different EPs, but somewhere along the way, use the same social xml in base game, and that was the problem. Lucky for me, it was not a new problem and I was able to find a thread about this. Social is a big xml, and I couldn't find the conflict, so removed the vampire mod... I have plenty others.

I have said this before... As far as I know, when including Analust, Lucas is the most prolific animator in Sims 3! And all of the animations are good!!!

Absolutely true. This is my opinion too.

May be I should offer him my OKW files of his animations via PM. I always go through them first when he releases a new update.

But there is not much to correct actually, but I have may be an other angle of view to the animations and that is what I change - on some - !

I.e. He has many anal animations but does not make it available for males as actor 1. May some -but not me- like or looking for more gay animations.

But what disturb me a little are the rough animations. Here I add to the xml  <Flags>BDSM,Rough</Flags> and determine a victim <Victim>1</Victim>. Then those animations will not be (or less often) played during a "normal" Wohoo.  Maybe Lucas is not aware of that for the gameplay. Did that for some L666 and some others too. IRL you do such a rough thing during love making once, then you will be in serious trouble and need to look for another partner in 99% of the cases ?

4 minutes ago, Clydie said:

Absolutely true. This is my opinion too.

May be I should offer him my OKW files of his animations via PM. I always go through them first when he releases a new update.

But there is not much to correct actually, but I have may be an other angle of view to the animations and that is what I change - on some - !

I.e. He has many anal animations but does not make it available for males as actor 1. May some -but not me- like or looking for more gay animations.

But what disturb me a little are the rough animations. Here I add to the xml  <Flags>BDSM,Rough</Flags> and determine a victim <Victim>1</Victim>. Then those animations will not be (or less often) played during a "normal" Wohoo.  Maybe Lucas is not aware of that for the gameplay. Did that for some L666 and some others too. IRL you do such a rough thing during love making once, then you will be in serious trouble and need to look for another partner in 99% of the cases ?

I will not be making one, but I believe there are tutorials on xmls, and also, I think Lucas covers it on his page... I may post links for those who may want to try to change their personal animations xmls, as we have, to better fit their individual wants and styles of game play. A person only needs s3pe and a text editor (notepad works just fine).

I think separating "rough" anims is aid toward keeping couples woohoo as more of the conventional. Lucas has turned in a way similar to Mike24, buy making completely separate packages, so if you do not like it, you don't have it all together in one package that you are "stuck with". Now, my Sims enjoy a little "rough" woohoo from time to time, so I have all.

In MY real life... If there is not a little hair pulling on his part and my nails are not dug into his chest, we may give that Sims yawn thing when done! ))) But, we do keep things that no one needs medical attention... at least needing to go to hospital. ? Ability to walk becomes optional!

4 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

Yes, as have most of us.

We have had to add a few new animation sets to that 'list' over time and after playing with KW and NRaas together - there have been tweaks here and there that get saved - but yeah for the most part once you play long enough and are familiar with the settings (shitloads) one gets it as close as they can. I actually backed some things down and 'perfected' my new game/save settings because not every save series I play is the same.

Another thing is how long one has played for. I still load saves I haven't used in over a year or more and find I have to add all the newer animations to those as well. As @LadySmoks mentioned - we were getting tired of typing in names and hex numbers so we finally all got on the same page for copy/paste. I keep a .txt file on my desktop with everything new I need to add/change for any saves needing it. Then I can swap between desktop and the game, quickly copying names and using Ctrl-V to paste them into the Kinky World menus.