The woman who approaches you at the beginning of the Cazador quest is showing up at other places

in the game besides Sloane when you first meet her.

The woman you are supposed to look for By the 188 Trading Post seems to have fallen through the

map; I heard her briefly, but she was gone before I got to her. Note: If NPC's have sex on uneven

terrain there is a strong chance they will fall through the map. This is a known bug with the

game engine/Sexout and afflicted the original Breeder during the deathclaw cave sequences.

Pregnancy is wildly erratic, bodies don't swap in sequence, pregnant bodies don't get removed after

birth, the medical scanner plugin breaks and show negative numbers for days due til birth (after

birth sequence never happens) and the list goes on and on. I don't normally use pregnancy, but

I've seen it work much better than this a year or more ago on a previous game.

Martin says you can fuck other bighorners, but the only way I can get that to happen is to use

Sex Assault.

I like the scenarios you have set up so far, and the dialog is good. Time to strip out some mods

and see if things improve for me.

The woman who approaches you at the beginning of the Cazador quest is showing up at other places

Ihave this in a test install profile in MO and a woman with red hair (I believe) showed up by Goodsprings talking about Cadizores .. Not sure if that is what you are taking about panthercom but I am sure it has noting to do with the other mods I am using.

The woman you are supposed to look for By the 188 Trading Post seems to have fallen through the

map; I heard her briefly, but she was gone before I got to her. Note: If NPC's have sex on uneven

terrain there is a strong chance they will fall through the map. This is a known bug with the

game engine/Sexout and afflicted the original Breeder during the deathclaw cave sequences.

Pregnancy is wildly erratic, bodies don't swap in sequence, pregnant bodies don't get removed after

birth, the medical scanner plugin breaks and show negative numbers for days due til birth (after

birth sequence never happens) and the list goes on and on. I don't normally use pregnancy, but

I've seen it work much better than this a year or more ago on a previous game.

Martin says you can fuck other bighorners, but the only way I can get that to happen is to use

Sex Assault.

I like the scenarios you have set up so far, and the dialog is good. Time to strip out some mods

and see if things improve for me.

The bug with the sloan girl should be fixed already. If I haven't uploaded it already, it should be fixed with the next release.

I might move the girl at the 188 to a more even terrain with the next release, so consider it noted.

The pregnancy issues themselves are beyond me. I don't know how it works, I just use it in this mod.

And Martin tells you any bighorner can get you pregnant, but Buck is trained to do this. (p.s., there is a mod called sexkey where you can initiate sex by pressing X)

Guest tomm434

I'm thinking of changing the Fertile Breeder.esp to an ESM file so other episodes can plug into it easily. Any risks that come with such a transition?

Yes. esm will be considered a different file and all variables and NPC and progress will be lost. (as if you made a clean save)

Do you know FNVEdit? You can mark file as .esm (it will be considered esm by game and GECK) but file extension will stay .esp and no progress will be lost.

I'm thinking of changing the Fertile Breeder.esp to an ESM file so other episodes can plug into it easily. Any risks that come with such a transition?

Yes. esm will be considered a different file and all variables and NPC and progress will be lost. (as if you made a clean save)

Do you know FNVEdit? You can mark file as .esm (it will be considered esm by game and GECK) but file extension will stay .esp and no progress will be lost.

I've looked at the FNVEdit trick you mentioned, but when I mark it as an ESM, I can't edit it in GECK anymore. I'm guessing this means the best approach would be to make it an ESM file once everything is complete within the main module.

Guest tomm434

You need to install latest GECK from Nexus (look for GECK PU) to edit esm directly. OR you can mark file as esp again to edit it and then make it esm again. First option is better.

If you're going to the latest GECK don't forget to download pluign which switches off annoying errors (new GECK PU shows error abour everything!)

I would really only place the needed items into the ESM. Those things that really must be there nothing else. The rest can stay in an esp.It would be more modular and less daunting to work on. Finally you might want change things in the episodes and such. If they are in the ESM others may reference it and the changes you do can break their mods. So basically only Assets, tracking etc should be in the ESM. Stuff that provide the backbone for you mod system. Like your tokens etc.

FertileBreeder.ESM (Assets, Tokens, tracking etc)

FertileBreeder.esp (your stories, quest etc)

AnotherModAuthor.esp

YetAnotherModAuthor.esp..

The whole plan was to make a follower in another module (the TTW module, you pick her up on Zeta) and having her interact with stuff from the FB module in the Mojave (e.g. having a little fun with some of the animals or interacting with Elliott.) So would it be possible to copy/cut all the assets, NPC's, creatures and cells into an ESM so they can be referenced in an ESP?

Now I want to be clear.. I haven't done it. I haven't modded however I have been watching all the masters around here and heard this and heard that. Halstrom/Pride/Odessa/docta would be some of the best to make sure all angles are covered..

That being said. I have read several references related to moving and merging various ways from ESP to ESM and copying off assets from ESM to ESP and all sorts of business. so it should be possible and in fact should be easy to copy off all the "common" assets needed for all the modules (yours the TTW and any others )that might be needed for others to add on to your mod.

The Key would be in my opinion to only have the "needed" and "common" assets, tokens etc for your master and keep most quest and other things out of the Master. Stuff that never changes and would be needed for everyone that adds to the mod later. This way as you work you wouldn't have to really do much on the ESM and instead can work on little mini episodes in esp and then merge them later as needed into your main esp. (Or even keep them seperate. For example breeding for money esp, tricked .esp etc. Maybe even a "breederlegacy.esp" where you copy off the quest from Breeder using your new assets :)

Anyone else working on a mod wouldn't have to worry about compatibility or changes etc so long as they focused on using the assets in the ESM and not "your" esps.

I've marked the original esp as an ESM in FNVEdit, this includes the quests since many of the dialogues and quests which I'll be implimenting in future modules require a certain quest or dialogue option to be chosen, and I'm guessing other people would do the same.  Once the main module is complete, I'll make sure it's absolutely solid so there will be as little updates needed as possible after version 1.0. (e.g., if someone would want to make a captive quest tieing in after completion of the bloatfly episode, they could use a certain dialogue as trigger or set the queststage as a condition.)

Real nice mod, but I can't get the bighorn quest working, almost as soon as I enter Goodsprings Buck will attack and try to kill me.

Can't get the dog quest down at 188 working either, the girl simply isn't there...

But nevertheless thanks for this awesome new mod.

@driepinter As for the bighorner, I'm not sure what could be causing this. Maybe you're at bad terms with bighorners? (maybe adding the Animal Friend perk could fix the issue, or maybe removing Buck from any factions aside from the AnimalFriendFaction will work).

As for the dog and the girl, I'll move them to somewhat more even terrain, hopefully fixing the issue.

Hi Pepertje, thank you for your quick response, I couldn't figure out how remove Brock from all factions, so I tried your other solution the AnimalFriendFaction perk, I had to kill and resurrect Brock but now it works just fine.

The girl and dog near the 188 are still a no show, I even tried if a new game would do the trick, but to no effort.

Okay ran into a problem with the bloatfly. I was giving birth to live bloatflies. And there seem to be an infinite loop of them. Or if it was going to stop, it didn't after 10 minutes of giving birth to 40 of them all flying around on the ground.

EDIT: I did have the fertile breeder perk.

Edit 2: The birthing animation isn't working any more either. I just stand there as I birtth now.

@driepinter I'll make sure that Buck is on no factions by default in the next bugfix, maybe it proves to be a solution.

@Cyberrr hmmm... Bloatfly pregnancy might be bugged, there should be 6 larvae coming out. Maybe Halstrom knows more. (I had to manually add the gestating larvae through script functions, maybe that's the problem...)

I've been trying to get the alien to wear sunglasses, but I'm getting an error whenever I'm trying to add them in the modellist. Anybody adept enough to figure out how to make this work?

:D

Perhaps it has something to do with a slot that the glasses are in?

Or maybe he don't like the heart sunglasses.. :D.