Place your bets for Bethesda's E3 2015

maybenexttime

Which game do you think Bethesda will announced?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Games

• Fallout 4
    • Elder Scrolls 6
    • Dishonored 2
    • Doom
    • Other

I heard Bethesda's next game will be on a Skyrim engine. That's pretty much the only reason why people think that it may an Elders Scroll 6 while Fallout 4 is still in development on a brand new engine.

They said it's going to be completely new? I also had thought they'd be using the Skyrim engine for FO4. Note that they said Skyrim was going to be "completely new" as well and it's obviously not, though it does have a lot of cool new stuff.

Their trademark application suggests that they're moving to idtech -- which I guess makes sense since Zenimax owns id.

I heard Bethesda's next game will be on a Skyrim engine. That's pretty much the only reason why people think that it may an Elders Scroll 6 while Fallout 4 is still in development on a brand new engine.

They said it's going to be completely new? I also had thought they'd be using the Skyrim engine for FO4. Note that they said Skyrim was going to be "completely new" as well and it's obviously not, though it does have a lot of cool new stuff.

Their trademark application suggests that they're moving to idtech -- which I guess makes sense since Zenimax owns id.

No one knows. It depends on whatever the next game is. Whatever the next game is well get the Skyrim engine. The game after that should be a "brand" new engine ----- > Whatever that means

Whatever the next game is well get the Skyrim engine.

Is this even confirmed? I find it silly that they'll use an engine that took so much effort for just one or two games, but if they only intend to use it for two, then only using it for one (skyrim) doesn't take much imagination.

Guest marieruth

Wasn't DOOM already announced like a year ago? That whole promotional thing with "pre-order Wolftenstein The New Order and see a preview of DOOM" or maybe it was a demo.... Anyway, I think it would be focused on DOOM. I don't think Fallout 4 or any new TES game will be announced there. I hope that I'm wrong about that, though.

My guess is Fallout 4. It is more likely. It could be a TES6, as well. But I am not exactly holding out hope. I do hope, though, that they will spend as much time as they need on the next game. To bring out the best they can possibly manage. I mean, look at Skyrim. Sure I have spent two playing and modding. Still play it from time to time. About to enter three years, actually. But there are so many things that were missing. For example, why does Vilkas say he has not heard of you when you have slain a dragon just a mere twenty steps away from the door? And then there are the quests. It's always kill this and fetch that and help us. No depth to them. And that's just a part of it. I am not even talking about the combat system or the AI or the perk system or crafting system.

I think that Bethesda needs to spend more time making the game rather than resources for modders. There are so many mods for Skyrim. From (practically) nude armor mods to huge gameplay changes. From splashes of rain to weather mods. Mods should be adding the small stuff, not change the gameplay drastically. Some mods for Skyrim, especially the big popular ones, reflect what Bethesda did not with Skyrim.

Do I expect the perfect game from Bethesda? Perfection is a matter of perception. So no, I don't. I am saying they can bring it as damn well to perfect.

No. Just people having a little fun imagining doomsday scenarios. It's extremely unlikely to happen. ;)

Yeah.  Throttling mods and modders would be the death knell for their flag ship games.  We are their idea farm.  And imagine the backlash they would get if no one could fix the rushed and broken games they put out as final releases.  I've played both FO3 and Skyrim on console.  It sucked.  And the gaming press and fan base would slaughter them on-line.  Look what happened to Ubisoft after Assassin's Creed Unity.

I don't know if they'll say anything at the expo about FO4 but I do know people want SOMETHING after the bunk of that Surivor thing last year and the supposed leak of a script on Kotaku.

No. Just people having a little fun imagining doomsday scenarios. It's extremely unlikely to happen. ;)

Yeah.  Throttling mods and modders would be the death knell for their flag ship games.  We are their idea farm.  And imagine the backlash they would get if no one could fix the rushed and broken games they put out as final releases.  I've played both FO3 and Skyrim on console.  It sucked.  And the gaming press and fan base would slaughter them on-line.  Look what happened to Ubisoft after Assassin's Creed Unity.

I don't know if they'll say anything at the expo about FO4 but I do know people want SOMETHING after the bunk of that Surivor thing last year and the supposed leak of a script on Kotaku.

Seeing mods made for Oblivion making their way into Skyrim as core parts of the game was pretty amusing...

• 4 weeks later...

Bethesda gets away with crappy games because of the lack of decent alternatives. For people who want an open-world, sandbox, action RPG, there are very few choices and most of them are Bethesda titles, with a few exceptions.

Skyrim 2 : Dwemers Revenge, action shooter to appeal Call of Duty audience.

But if I had to be a serious then Fallout 4 is most likely first to happen.

With TES6 they will have to come with some neat idea, since Skyrim had dragons and meme shouting. Maybe a sword singing  with redguards located in the Hammerfell ,Orsinum? I don't wanna Elsweyr and furry cats to be in the 95% of the game. Valenwood also sounds boring, caniballistic elves meh.

Or maybe something with a Imperials, a doomsday scenario for them. Just look how poorly Skyrim legions are equipped, Septim dynasty is dead, Martin too. Its a dawnfall of their empire. Dragobron is now Hermaeus Mora puppet , probably brainwashed and could appear as a main antagonist in the future series.

But the perfect scenario for me would be a Steampunk world of Tamriel. Dwemer technology gets finally utilized and used everywhere. Steam power, trains, airbaloons , muskets and all that stuff.

Bethesda Softworks - the publisher - is hosting the E3 event.

My prediction is presentations on what all their studios are working on - latest DOOM, Dishonored 2, etc - and then capping it off with a big Fallout 4 reveal from Bethesda Game Studios.

A new title that can be modded would be a nice surprise.  Looking at the story arch of Obsidian to Bethesda and back to Obsidian again I don't see a lot of wiggle room left for the FO take on a post apocalyptic world setting.  And it's too early for another ElderScrolls game.  A new game with new lore would be pretty cool.  But I doubt that will happen since new ideas and innovative writing are two things Bethesda lacks.

Yeah, sounds a bit unlikely but they might announce/demo a new engine and talk a bit about their new game(s) in development that will use the new engine. As far as their RPGs are concerned (TES & FO), they need to upgrade their engine to catch up with more recent games. This is probably just wishful thinking though.

Looking at the timeline for PC games.

TES3/Morrowind 2002

TES4/Oblivion 2007

FO3 2008

FONV 2010 (not dev'd by Beth and rushed/incomplete)*

TES5/Skyrim 2011 (dev'd by Beth and rushed/incomplete)*

FO4 2015?

TES6/2016?

*The real devs who drove past Bethesda projects are either no longer there or in roles other than lead.

There are some inconsistencies and problems though.  Ken Rolston is gone and I have the feeling his retirement wasn't anything more than him moving on and away from Howard, since he walked out of the Beth offices and into another where he has creative control.  Brian Chapin has been 'demoted' and is now in a support role at Bethesda.  Out of the big devs at Bethesda that leaves Emil Pagliarulo to deal with Howard and try to do something creative.  And Todd Howard doesn't figure in other than as sabotuer since he is just a Director/Producer who openly admits developers should ignore their fans and install base when it comes to making games.  Sad that he is the one making the calls.  Anyway, back in 2014 Howard stated they were working on a 'new game' but they wouldn't be making any announcements any time soon.  Well, 'soon' is here imo.

So what is 'new'?  Is it a NEW franchise that doesn't involve TES/FO or is it a new game for something we've already played?

• 4 weeks later...

It's humorous with all the scepticism and negativity toward Bethesda and Zenimax each time a game is announced or rumored but as of yet I've not heard of one single person actually having stopped buying or playing their games completely as a revolt. I only hear how badly they fuckup everything they touch.

Well, sure! I wouldn't bother complaining about their stuff if I didn't actually care. It's not that I think their games are absolute piles of shit, I just play them so much (because I love them so much) that after a while, the flaws start to really stand out.

Would anyone complain that Bethesda fucks up everything it touches unless they kept on buying and playing games? You don't drop $60 on a piece of software just so you can learn it's bugs so you can jump online and start bitching.

Yea.  Fallout 4 on the Creation Engine with outdated graphics and monetized mods.  Oh be still my quivering asshole as I get ready for another fucking by Bethesda.

See? Not everything written about them is negative. Why, even Kendo here said something about preparing himself for a night of romance with Bethesda. Or something like that.  :D

A new title that can be modded would be a nice surprise.

I just read that and immediately thought:

Fallout Online

Because I'm a pessimistic, depressive, depressed pessimist.

Guest endgameaddiction

All I care is to see how FO4 turns out. And maybe we will or won't real soon. The only thing I do know about Fallout 4 is that it's going to be a bugfesting game. I'm primarily curious how creating characters turn out. If it's going to be like Skyrim with sliders or the crappy outdated FaceGen Modeller style in GECK. Not in game.

Archived