Place your bets for Bethesda's E3 2015

maybenexttime

Which game do you think Bethesda will announced?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Games

• Fallout 4
    • Elder Scrolls 6
    • Dishonored 2
    • Doom
    • Other

All I care is to see how FO4 turns out. And maybe we will or won't real soon. The only thing I do know about Fallout 4 is that it's going to be a bugfesting game. I'm primarily curious how creating characters turn out. If it's going to be like Skyrim with sliders or the crappy outdated FaceGen Modeller style in GECK. Not in game.

I think that's pretty much a given.

Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Oblivion added a lot of stuff to the core gameplay that Morrowind modders did.

Then Fallout 3 added stuff that modders did to Oblivion.

Skyrim's engine was built on the back of Fallout 3 mods too.

I mean, I'm certainly not guaranteeing that it'll be great or anything... they could well just implement a skeleton of a game and leave the rest up to modders... but I've got my fingers crossed.

Maybe they'll get a clue and enable all of the sliders for CharGen in-game and drop the Mr. Potato approach.  IF they're gonna do FO4 (still a rumor in my eyes) maybe they'll ditch that goddamned wrist mounted PipBoy and do a modern one like AlexScorpion's PDA mod.  And ditch body scaling too with those fucking weight sliders so people can mod meshes without jumping through flaming hoops.  *meh, what am I thinking?  It's Bethesda.*  Whatever FO4 is gonna be, it won't be good until we get our hands on it and start fixing it.

Guest endgameaddiction

Well, it's for sure modders will save the game. Always has and always will.

I don't mind wriste mount pipboy. I do agree there needs to be a change. It can't be the same thing every 20-30 years later. Humanity needs to evolve again. There has to be preserved schematics to build some machinery again. Especially transportation. Even if it's a Corvega with tank treads. But knowing it's going to be on gamebyro, it'll be all clunky if trying maneuver. You'll probably ride the thing and achme rocket straight into the air like a giant doing a power move in skyrim. XD I have to admit even though gamebyro engine sucks, it did get a kick seeing Corvegas all of a sudden launch into the air.

It would be nice to see Bethesda learn from the community and adapt to that. The main issue I see raised with Bethesda is the argument that many of their programmers are a bit stuck in their old ways and unwilling to try new things. Recycling old ideas has worked for them so far but that only lasts so long. I would love to see a larger map with usable vehicles, more animations (weapon handling, slings, stances... etc) and and improved combat system elements.

One thing they should address for FO4 is the melee and hand-to-hand combat.  I understand FO is a game about guns, but that's not an excuse to practically ignore those combat options.  They also need to get off of the game ending once the main quest is completed and then unlocking it a again for DLCs.  No reason to do that other than Bethesda greed.

Guest endgameaddiction

I'm totally with that too. The melee combat for FO3/NV sucks. I don't mind Skyrim's. And I'm more of a super sledge or crowbar (AA mod) type. If they were to provide the same rmb for right attack and lmb for left attack I'm down with brass/spike knuckles.

Im gonna go with a Fallout 4 being the best chance, Elder Scrolls 6 still seems like something that would need more time before being announced. But hey if they manage to get the game out quicker than expected and it is as good an experience or better than Skyrim, I'm not gonna complain haha. Can't wait though!

Guest MaskedGasMaskMan

I really hope that Fallout 4 is announced! It has been about seven years since the last Bethesda developed Fallout game (Fallout 3), and five years since the last Fallout game in general (Fallout:New Vegas developed by Obsidian). A better GECK, even better mod support, Great War psychic flashbacks (maybe like the Metro games), playable Ghouls, (all hopefully). Needless to say, Fallout 4 is where my hope lies.

• 2 weeks later...

OH FUCK

<span class="page-error-heading">Access Error</span>
        <p class="page-error-text">
            PA system failure has occured.
            Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
            Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.
        </p>

<script src="/57601643.institute.js"></script>

ITS HAPPENING BOIS

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

9pm tomorrow!

OH FUCK

<span class="page-error-heading">Access Error</span>
        <p class="page-error-text">
            PA system failure has occured.
            Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
            Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.
        </p>

<script src="/57601643.institute.js"></script>

ITS HAPPENING BOIS

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

9pm tomorrow!

You're fast. :D

So is it 15:00 GMT tomorrow?

If they pull an ESO with Fallout... that would be so disappointing.

Given Bethesda’s track record, I have very low expectations at this point (abysmal, in fact).

Shitty outdated graphics, shitty outdated engine, shitty product development, catered to console users, goddamned-muther-fucking Steam exclusivity, Todd Howard the saboteur, delayed release of the construction kit, buying the game because it can be modded (in theory) only find out the epic failure of monetized mods is now a reality and the CK is shit to begin with, the new fanz being the clueless Millennial sorry fucks they are in real life bringing it to the internet in spades so we can all suffer more than we already are because of them...

Yeah.  I’m buying whatever Bethesda does of off Ebay so I can get the same broken game everyone else does but for $15.00, not goddamned $60.00.

There are more than 1200 people on Twitch right now staring at the fallout signal test card on the Bethesda official stream...nothing is going to happen for over 12 hours...thats mental illness.

Its not like there will be a line to get in or whatever they show won't be all over the internet tomorrow.

If they pull an ESO with Fallout... that would be so disappointing.

Given Bethesda’s track record, I have very low expectations at this point (abysmal, in fact).

Shitty outdated graphics, shitty outdated engine, shitty product development, catered to console users, goddamned-muther-fucking Steam exclusivity, Todd Howard the saboteur, delayed release of the construction kit, buying the game because it can be modded (in theory) only find out the epic failure of monetized mods is now a reality and the CK is shit to begin with, the new fanz being the clueless Millennial sorry fucks they are in real life bringing it to the internet in spades so we can all suffer more than we already are because of them...

Yeah.  I’m buying whatever Bethesda does of off Ebay so I can get the same broken game everyone else does but for $15.00, not goddamned $60.00.

I haven't played the Witcher 3, but from the gameplay demos I've seen, REDengine 3 looks to be pretty damn amazing.

If CD Projekt would move away from heavy story-driven games and more to Elder Scrolls/Fallout type moddable sandbox games, Bethesda would be done. Too bad their next game (Cyberpunk 2077) doesn't look to do that.

A Fallout game with graphics slightly better than Skyrim is okay for me, as long as it supports modding just as Skyrim does. Of course, I have no intention to pay anymore than 5 dollars for it. Fallout 4 Online, well, I'd give it a go as long as it's F2P. With Zenimax in charge, none of these will happen, however.

Guest endgameaddiction

It's actually very interesting. The way I was actually hoping it would go. It looks like a branch off of Fallout 3 with a more modernized retro approach sorta. I hope they don't get stupid with it and force P2M on everyone and make us use GECK through STEAM.

But too early to tell what the outcome will be. I will be watching the E3 2015 live on stream since this will be the main topic of discussion.

Yeah, they got A LOT wrong with Skyrim.  Let's hope they learned a few lessons and go back to doing things the way they did in Ron Halston's era.

And that was definitely Boston shown in the trailer.  The equestrian statue is Paul Revere in the North End.  I've seen it person.  THAT is the statue.

Archived