Place your bets for Bethesda's E3 2015

maybenexttime

Which game do you think Bethesda will announced?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Games

• Fallout 4
    • Elder Scrolls 6
    • Dishonored 2
    • Doom
    • Other

Steam says "Female Protagonist" on its tag, so clearly it will be possible to play as a female, but may not be the case for the entire game. You'll probably be controlling multiple characters in separate "acts" in the game, pretty much like GTA V or TW3.

So according to a pretty well verified leak, FO4, while pursuing the main storyline can only be played as a male character.

Apparently its story critical.

XD that's ONE WAY to curtail adult modding.  No female leads.

I can say this honestly.  Bethesda storylines, plots and main quests are a fucking joke compared to other games.  They don't have the ability or talent to do a male-driven storyline like ME, Witcher, or even Batman.  The most downloads for mods come from utilities critical to make the game function, script extenders and nude female body replacers.

If the main quest can't be completed playing a female character then that's just a BAD IDEA.  If there are no female character options for the player at all (must play the game as a male) then that is a REALLY BAD IDEA because I haven't played a Bethesda game since Morrowind that actually has a story and plot strong enough to make it as a male exclusive game.

If the leak you heard about pans out to be true, Bethesda just alienated a huge portion of their fan base.  Some of the best modders are female and there are plenty of female gamers (more than people realize, I think).

Steam says "Female Protagonist" on its tag, so clearly it will be possible to play as a female, but may not be the case for the entire game. You'll probably be controlling multiple characters in separate "acts" in the game, pretty much like GTA V or TW3.

I should probably show some kind of source here;

https://np.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

Thats an 11 month old post that was laughed off at the time as a hoax but...seems like its pretty much right on the button on all counts that we know.

Okay, that reddit post seems perfectly reasonable to me.  Kinda baffled by the juvenile responses it got.

Unfortunately that seems to be the new thing with the Fallout Franchise.

You cant even talk about Fallout New Vegas on Steam or Fo4 even without a horrible amount of negative responses.  Yet a lot of the other game forums are much more easy going on Steam go figure.

Thats an 11 month old post that was laughed off at the time as a hoax but...seems like its pretty much right on the button on all counts that we know.

Man... and I should perhaps point out the thread in which I keep saying that Sandra's post is legit. :D

I would be very concerned if Bethesda tries to force Fallout4 down the character-driven story path. Bethesda games only last so long because they are moddable sandbox games.

Without the sandbox element, there's little reason to keep playing. Main reason why as awesome as the Witcher engine is (and as awesome as CD Projekt is), it's not a replacement for Skyrim.

The roadmap for the trailer reveal was certainly spot on.

What I found interesting in that reddit post is the claim that FO4 uses a brand new engine built from the ground up. Sure didn't look like it. But I hope I'm wrong and it's a more stable and awesome engine than Creation engine... and that it's 64-bit.

I doubt they'll go 64bit until EVERYONE is using it.  Too many casual gamers with 32bit rigs buy games for companies to ignore that.  IF Bethesda were smart they'd do 32bit and then a large address aware patch.

These days, casual gamers are on console. And 64-bit OSes are pretty much predominant now anyway, except for really old computers that probably wouldn't be able to handle games these days anyway.

The Witcher 3 is 64-bit only.

Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

I would be very concerned if Bethesda tries to force Fallout4 down the character-driven story path. Bethesda games only last so long because they are moddable sandbox games.

Without the sandbox element, there's little reason to keep playing. Main reason why as awesome as the Witcher engine is (and as awesome as CD Projekt is), it's not a replacement for Skyrim.

The roadmap for the trailer reveal was certainly spot on.

What I found interesting in that reddit post is the claim that FO4 uses a brand new engine built from the ground up. Sure didn't look like it. But I hope I'm wrong and it's a more stable and awesome engine than Creation engine... and that it's 64-bit.

Bethesda fuck up sometimes but theyre not stupid, they wont remove charcter creation, but I do believe you have  to play as that guy, MY THEORY:

You re the baby in the trailer and was frozen, you play as your father on the day the bombs fell as an movement and hopefully sprinting tutorial, then you enter the vault. Some years pass and everyone is unfrozen and they select your father as a scout (in the trailer he leaves the vault alone, armored and with weapons) and you must to preparations (combat and equipment tutorial, consumables tutorial and since theres a custom made weapon in the trailer maybe crafting tutorial(I hope) and learning other shit), then you leave the vault and theres a time jump to when your character is doing the goat or is preparing to leave the vault (also when the character creation happens). That would explain the voiced character and why the fuck he looks exactly like the father in the trailer, also the gender of the baby is a mistery.

I doubt they'll go 64bit until EVERYONE is using it.  Too many casual gamers with 32bit rigs buy games for companies to ignore that.  IF Bethesda were smart they'd do 32bit and then a large address aware patch.

These days, casual gamers are on console. And 64-bit OSes are pretty much predominant now anyway, except for really old computers that probably wouldn't be able to handle games these days anyway.

The Witcher 3 is 64-bit only.

Good point.  I never take consolers into consideration when talking about PC games, even though 90% of games today are made for the console crowd and then unfucked back to a PC game state. 

Guest endgameaddiction

Aye. I wish some game devs would just stop being so selfish and greedy and just make PC only games. I know some do, but not the one's I want. :angry: I hated sharing servers with console gamers. Not because of them but because they cater them and mix them in a bowl with PC gamers and we always get fucked on out dated graphics. A session for revamp is needed on the MMO that is still doing fairly well, but what ever... I don't care about MMOs no more.

it's not about being a PC elitist either, it's the fact that we have to suffer and still live in the stone age when we should be surf boarding into the future. Silver Surfer surfing into space pictured in my head. lol

I'm not really buying the whole "male only" rumor. Character creation has always been a huge part of these games and I just can't see Bethesda abandoning that at all. I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I just find it very unlikely. 

Plus, the fact that the stuff that Reddit post has happened to get right so far was already disclosed by Kotaku quite a while earlier seems suspect. They could have easily just gotten the info from there and ran with it. 

Archived