• 3 weeks later...

Nice job.  Did a playthrough using v0.1d .  Some thoughts:

(1) gray heads (probably missing face geometry in download) on all chars.

(2) when first arriving on island, was teleported far away from shore, and had to swim in (and so missed seeing the bandit on the ship at first).

(3) after completing all quests and returning to skyrim, my char was frozen.  could not move at all.

(4) some dialogs did not activate, unless I saved and reloaded the game.  I've seen this happen many times on other quests, so I recognized what was happening.  Not sure if its fixable or not.

(4) all slaves should be naked with collars, instead of having prisoner clothing.  would be much sexier.

(5) there's lots of nice opportunities for sex, but could have a few more.  bandits on the ship, bandits on the shore before the keep, guard at the keep before seeing chief.  etc.  Basically make everybody horny and willing to grab the player.

(6) I played through as a male, and had no issues.  Of course, the dialog is all female oriented.  Which is fine, but if you ever get bored and want to make it male-male gender friendly or gender neutral, it would be great.

My character is also froze. Thus why I'm here. Has anyone figured out a way to unfreeze after you finish the main story line??

(2) when first arriving on island, was teleported far away from shore, and had to swim in (and so missed seeing the bandit on the ship at first).

(3) after completing all quests and returning to skyrim, my char was frozen.  could not move at all.

(4) some dialogs did not activate, unless I saved and reloaded the game.  I've seen this happen many times on other quests, so I recognized what was happening.  Not sure if its fixable or not.

(4) all slaves should be naked with collars, instead of having prisoner clothing.  would be much sexier.

(5) there's lots of nice opportunities for sex, but could have a few more.  bandits on the ship, bandits on the shore before the keep, guard at the keep before seeing chief.  etc.  Basically make everybody horny and willing to grab the player.

(6) I played through as a male, and had no issues.  Of course, the dialog is all female oriented.  Which is fine, but if you ever get bored and want to make it male-male gender friendly or gender neutral, it would be great.

My character is also froze. Thus why I'm here. Has anyone figured out a way to unfreeze after you finish the main story line??

I don't know modding wise, but if you just go into the zaz animation menu in the MCM and restore all and remove AI control, it should fix this. I believe that was how I sorted it at the end

I don't know modding wise, but if you just go into the zaz animation menu in the MCM and restore all and remove AI control, it should fix this. I believe that was how I sorted it at the end

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try and see if that works.

• 3 weeks later...

Loved this quest. It was interesting and there was more to do then just constant sex and you had a little more freedom with dialogue options which I love. I was honestly upset when the pop up said it was over for now. 

Some things to possibly consider:

-On this ship the oral animation with the captain doesn't really make sense when the character is wearing a ball gag.

-The captain goes twice as do the argonians but the animations are the same both times, any possibility to spice it up?

-The option to come to the island by force (Through DAYMOYL/Simple Slavery or other means.) Not that this way wasn't very good story wise but the character I played this walk through wouldn't voluntarily do that.

- During the 24 hour wait for the battle outcome maybe you can do odd jobs around the island

The only bug I found was after the quest is complete my character is walked underneath a portion of the docks and just freezes there.

But im excited to see where this goes . Good job

Loved this quest. It was interesting and there was more to do then just constant sex and you had a little more freedom with dialogue options which I love. I was honestly upset when the pop up said it was over for now. 

Some things to possibly consider:

-On this ship the oral animation with the captain doesn't really make sense when the character is wearing a ball gag.

-The captain goes twice as do the argonians but the animations are the same both times, any possibility to spice it up?

-The option to come to the island by force (Through DAYMOYL/Simple Slavery or other means.) Not that this way wasn't very good story wise but the character I played this walk through wouldn't voluntarily do that.

- During the 24 hour wait for the battle outcome maybe you can do odd jobs around the island

The only bug I found was after the quest is complete my character is walked underneath a portion of the docks and just freezes there.

But im excited to see where this goes . Good job

Evidently you didn't read the other posts on the last page. Sorry, but it's not good news.

• 3 weeks later...

Game Goblin here. Poking around after being directed this direction. Already jumped the gun and announced I'm looking to adopt Iamtheonewhoknocks other mod Slave Town.

Looks like an orphan here too... whats the thought from the community on this?

Game Goblin here. Poking around after being directed this direction. Already jumped the gun and announced I'm looking to adopt Iamtheonewhoknocks other mod Slave Town.

The last I heard from him, he had a world space issue problem while working on an update with the mod and was having to redo a large portion from scratch.  To be honest I have't followed the mod since then, as he had other priorities.

This is a good mod imo so it deserves attention.  It would be a shame to let the work done thus far languish and the mod remain incomplete.  Due to the lack of permissions or terms in the ReadMe, modder edicate dictates 'hand's off'.

If you're interested in picking up the mod this is what I would do;

* PM the author and see what his intentions are for the mod and forward a copy of the PM to one of the staff explaining what you want to do.

* If you do not receive a response from the author within 2 weeks time you contact him again with your intent to finish the mod and give him fair use notice.  Again, forward a copy of that PM to the same staff member.

* If you do not hear from the author within a week of the fair use notice I would then PM the staff and inform them of your intent to finish the mod.

As long as you go about using someone else's abandoned work with integrity and do not attempt to hi-jack what they have done (such as pretending it was your mod to begin with, etc.) then there shouldn't be any ethical problems.  Treat the situation as if you are the author in question.  Of course, all of this hinges on the staff allowing it.

If you're interested in picking up the mod this is what I would do;

* PM the author and see what his intentions are for the mod and forward a copy of the PM to one of the staff explaining what you want to do.

* If you do not receive a response from the author within 2 weeks time you contact him again with your intent to finish the mod and give him fair use notice.  Again, forward a copy of that PM to the same staff member.

* If you do not hear from the author within a week of the fair use notice I would then PM the staff and inform them of your intent to finish the mod.

Thank you for the reply Kendo2. So far, what I do know of the original author is that, well, he's no longer on L.L. Unless he cancelled his account and came back under the radar with a ninja account (for privacy). Iamtheonewhoknocks is now listed as "Guest" with no other data available. I may need to poke an admin in the ribs here soonish, but all the signs point to the original author as having his account cancelled... not just banned, but utterly poofed.

If he's gone then he's gone.  He had to have requested that his account be deleted and he left his work in place' that means it is by all intent abandoned.  I would assume (though I do not know or profess to speak for the staff) there is not a problem with you picking up the mod and finishing it.  Best to get an official opinion though.

I have PMed BruceWayne about this so maybe he will pop in and give you some input.

WOW. Holy nylon tights Batman! That was fast!

@BruceWayne: Thank you for an official seal of awesome. And not hitting me with your awesome butler in passing!

@Kendo2: Thank you man! Here have an official "DUDE IS AWESOME AS HELL" merit badge! And for tugging on the ear of Batman... err... Mr. Wayne.

Okay back to my super secret project I can't talk about, til I finish writing oodles of dialogue for another chap.

But yes, I'll soon start testing and cracking open Darkwind Island. (With mad props to the original author and other people who deserve credit!)

This post is only meant to add another voice that is excited to see this mod gets picked up again! I hope you have fun to advance the mod.

Just one thought thrown in: I still think the original author might have wanted a bit too much too fast? When I remember all those places/worldspaces he created, with the second huge island. I am not a modder, but maybe taking a step-by-step-approach would be wise with this, meaning to first fill the main island etc with life, quests, encounters etc before throwing so much in it overwhelms you/us with half-finished content in a half-empty world...

Good luck to you, I am sure many people are watching this (building up the pressure already :D )

• 4 weeks later...

great to hear someone is going to take this mod forward.  recently I had to do a clean install due to a different mod giving me problems so I replayed this mod

on a minimal install and ran into a possible bug.  about 50% of the time the script or whatever that is supposed to move you into the 3 prisoner area would fire correctly

and the rest of the time it would stall out right there.  sorry I don't have a log to give you but I forgot to save it to a new name and it got overwritten fixing

other mod problem..

a couple of ideas when sending you to the island move your gear into a chest on the boat (at Riften) that you can recover it from after you get back from the island

(something similar to what Slaverun does).

maybe expand the quests on the main island ( several misc quests between arrival and going to 2nd island).

and even a couple of misc quests on 2nd island before you meet the person you are there to talk to?

even possibly a few misc quests after you return (given by the girl that starts the island quest). (repeatable?)

possibly a way to bring stuff back from the islands?

possible way to go back to island and have more repeatable quests there?

just a few ideas that popped into my head as I was replaying it again.

thanks again for picking this up to move it forward.  go all you awesome people who actually write/make the mods I enjoy playing so much

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys and gals,

Having fun with this mod, however I have a problem and it may be just an oversight by me but I have searched for the

solution for awhile now.

***Spoiler Alert!!***

I just got told to go to the other island posing as a noble... My problem is that I cant get to the the docks downstairs as requested.

I am still first level by the way as I started Darkwind Isle right off the bat.  There is a door that says darkwind dungeon but I don't get

a way to opening it.  I don't see any levers, etc around...

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.