Weight painting is done at the Vertices level.

The sliders move the vertices to make the different shapes.

So the weight painting does move when you change the bodies shape.

Ok, i got that, but what i meant is, neighter the relative position nor the color changes for any given weight?  (i.e. if the armpit is dark blue it won't turn yellow when moving the slider?)

No, I don't think the painting intensity changes when you morph a shape.

I doubt it would do that in max if you were morphing the shape either.

On a different note, I need to pick Cell's brain cause I might have found Outfut Studio's slider limit.

That or I just up and broke the damn thing.

post-321913-0-47591300-1418065465_thumb.jpg

soo if one weight is mucking stuff up, then it's sufficient to replace that in the base.nif?

i've been comparing base.nif, bones.nif and base(safe backup).nif i assume i can mix and match weights from there w/o hell breaking loose?

i also noticed, if i copy a weight over from one nif to another, the filesize keeps growing. is there a way to prevent that (like tell the nif to totally forget about the previous weight)?

btw, are your really doing all that stuff in notepad? notepad++ has some syntax highlighting, once you save the file with the corresponding ending...

Well Base.nif, Bones.nif and Base(safebackup).nif are all the same body.

Bones.nif is Base(safebackup).nif without the extra bones (just the base skelly and hdt bones, no vagina or clit bones).

How large is the nif file becoming once you copy the bones over?

Like I said I will get back to the arm bones shortly...

Worst case scenario is if the bones are set correctly in the UNP body and not in the Plus body I'll pull the data from the UNP body and do a "Copy Selected" bones into the Plus body again and then tweak....

Note: it only happens when the arm bends to that point (which is only in some animations). When the arm bends to a 90 or less it looks fine.... But I will fix it, rest assured of that.

Now....

Back to body part morphs

post-321913-0-57272400-1418068448_thumb.jpg

I cut down the amount of sliders to see if that would keep Body Slide from crashing.

And the damn thing worked...

Now I really really need to talk to Cell as the slider count is like 102 sliders.

Which is over the limit, by how many I don't know. But it is over the limit.

post-321913-0-49646900-1418068578_thumb.jpg

Morphius-test2.xml

If anyone wants to test, throw that file in the bodyslide\slidersets folder and extract the morphius data to the \bodyslide\shapedata\morphius\ folder.

Then copy the .bsd files from the \bodyslide\shapedata\Unified UNP\ folder to the morphius folder.

The body types are at the bottom and stop at Top Model (for now).

Load the xml from the reference screen in Outfit Studio, or just load the Morphius as the Outfit/Body in Bodyslide (then pick the zero shape as the preset so you have all the sliders at zero).

Then you can muck around with it... just remember this is Alpha testing so you have been warned.

Or if you just need it all in one easy to install alpha test... then

Morphius Alpha Testing.7z

Note: DO NOT LOAD Morphius load Morphius-Test2 (outfit studio 2.2c crashes with the morphius xml due to the amount of sliders I believe, I have PM'd cell, so we will see if I broke his program again).

Irony... Bodyslide will load the morphius package and it even breaks down most of the sliders by type (ass, check, stomach, etc etc). But I think its 2 sliders over the limit).

Yep 100 is the limit.

If I pull 3 slides (in test 3 I pulled DG low, DG high, and UNPB Oppai v1) and it now loads in Outfit Studio without an issue... so 99 sliders, now to rework all of those for the bbp, tbbp, and hdt versions...

Muwaha hahahahahahaha!!!

99 sliders x4

Morphius-Test4.xml

How large is the nif file becoming once you copy the bones over?

just a few kB (original 783kB vs 790kB), but that happens everytime i overwrite any weight

Like I said I will get back to the arm bones shortly...

Worst case scenario is if the bones are set correctly in the UNP body and not in the Plus body I'll pull the data from the UNP body and do a "Copy Selected" bones into the Plus body again and then tweak....

no worries, i'm just interested how stuff works, i've been using nifskope for quite some time now, but always assumed everything else needed 3ds max or blender, both of which i have 0 experience with. bodyslide seems to have a much flatter learning curve than those 2, at least for now...

checking out that morphius stuff now :D

Yeah Max and Blender have a harsher learning curve.

Body Slide and Outfit Studio make it easier on the end user to learn how weight painting is set, but not how it looks when in an animation.

Max isn't so bad after you start playing with OS.

Especially if you have tools for it.

You can get the student version of max 2012 for free then get the nif plugins for it off of nexus and finally get Bla Bla's XPMSE 2.14 max file and use those to play with things in max.

Then look at tutorials on how to load an animation in max (which is what I need to do again cause I can't remember).

With that you can load BlaBla's max file which is the complete xpmse 2.14 skelly, then load a body nif (like the base.nif from unified), then load an animation and look at how the body works in the animation.

Note you can actually flip thru the animations scene to scene to look at the bends (the bone twists that are in the skelly).

Oh I need to put test 4 of the xml in the previous post, it has bbp, tbbp, and hdt bodies on the Unp side. Done

Repacked the Morphius Alpha and put it in the download section as Alpha Test 2.

I just renamed the above morphius-test4.xml to morphius.xml and deleted the test2 file that is in the above 7zip.

IT IS STILL ALPHA, so just for testing okay... don't get used to it.

And if Cell expands the slider limit I can probably add Dream Girl and UNPB Oppai V1 back in.

Well Cell got back to me. He opened an error report on the Body Slide Gethub page.

Cause it seems 100 sliders is the current limit.

He said it will be a while before he mucks around with the code, cause he's currently working on CBBE Sliders and what not...

So until an update comes out for Body Slide, I guess we will just miss Dream Girl and UNPB Oppai V1 (there is UNP and UNPB Oppai V3.2 so they can be replaced).

Oh and I guess those that said UNP Skinny had a smaller ass then UNPetite... well they should be able to load UNPetite and flip the ButtSmall slider to around 50 or so and be happy.

Ya want to see Crazy Huge.

Set the 7B CH high weight to 100, along with BreastsSH, BreastsSSH, BreastsFantasy, and DoubleMelon... It makes Manga look small :dodgy:

post-321913-0-19572300-1418083607_thumb.jpg

Okay playing around with the thought of giving Unified a damn background image over on Nexus.

Does this look okay?

post-321913-0-59584800-1418087819_thumb.jpg

F'n typo's... god I wish paint.net had a spell check when typing shit in that program.

I can't believe I f'd up cherryhot with cheryhot.... @!#^!&%#!*

post-321913-0-90870600-1418088703_thumb.jpg

post-321913-0-24896300-1418088728_thumb.jpg

Shit + Fan = Poo Spray!!!

Off into left field, I think I'm going to drop a nuke!!!

Base2.nif

This is a re-weighting of the base body for the Plus side.

Reference Body the weights come from the Dream Girl High weight body (femalebody_1.nif from DG's zip file).

I actually looked at a couple bodies in max running them thru different *.kf animations.

And DG's body has one hell of a weight painting in the arms, clavicle, legs, and pretty much everywhere (looked at the dragonfly tbbp, ct77's hdt, sevenbase bomb, and a couple of others).

Since those are vanilla bones, they copied over to Plus's base body just fine  :lol:

If my testing on the Plus side works out as I hope it will... Then, I will probably do the same for the UNP side with that bone weight setup for the vanilla bones as they just look better when doing animations....

I'm probably going to drop one or 2 of the base CBBE sliders from the Morphius alpha for the final build of Unified.

Sliders go bye bye:

The Seam fix slider - which adjusts all seams from a 1 weight to a 0 weight. Those are included in the base bodies for Unified as such this is not needed.

I might replace that slider with a single slider for the neck seam though - this would allow people to use a high weight body as the low weight when set to 100 on the slider (and should allow for a low weight body to be used as the high weight when set to a -100 on the slider).

The other slider being shoulder tweak - this slider just changes the traps (trapezius muscle) on the shoulder... and does not really do much on the different UNP body shapes.

And with those 2 sliders removed (and 1 added) The final build will still be hovering close to the 100 mark on the sliders.

That means no more bodies will be added until BodySlide/Outfit Studio's code gets changed (to allow for over 100 sliders).

But then again with the shape sliders along with the body sliders end users should be able to build what ever the hell they want.

And on that note...

I now have to take Base2.nif and load it as an outfit (in OS with CBBE as a ref) and start spitting out multiple cbbe default slider shapes (set slider to 100 and export current/export nif).

Then turn those into objects, then create .bsd files that will be used for sliders on the plus side.

Then tweak the crap out of the xml files, and some other shit.... so no gaming for me today.

Sucks to be me... :dodgy:

EDIT: Just finished building the bodies/objects on the plus side...

And I'm tossing out the "Groin" CBBE slider as well.

That slider is worthless on the UNP side (since all the UNP bodies have the groin in pretty much the same damn location)...

So yeah one more slider yanked...

With that I'll probably be able to keep DG in the mix for the final build.

If you are one of the few that used UNPB Oppai V1 (most use the v3.2) then you can put the unpb body high at 100 and add some breastsSSH and end up with the same shape (will need to see how much to get a perfect match but it will be do able).

Now to make the .bsd files from that pack of bodies and objects... oh joy!!!

Just curious as have not updated to new version yet, does having the halo hands and feet being included mean that if we are using a body like top model or I think bombshell that use same size hands for 0 and 1 that I should save that before updating? Or does this now automagically make proper hands feet nifs for those? This keeps getting better thanks! Still having a hard time trying to get my head around getting to make outfit studio work but hopefully soon haha!

Is there any chance you could ever add some sliders for the feet? I would love to modify toe length for instance ;)

Good luck with that... unless you have 2 versions of the foot that share the same vertices count... its not going to happen any time soon.

Just curious as have not updated to new version yet, does having the halo hands and feet being included mean that if we are using a body like top model or I think bombshell that use same size hands for 0 and 1 that I should save that before updating? Or does this now automagically make proper hands feet nifs for those? This keeps getting better thanks! Still having a hard time trying to get my head around getting to make outfit studio work but hopefully soon haha!

I set up the package to output to the same setup the bodies are so....

Load one of the Halo Packages (there are 2 one for hands, one for feet) in Body Slide.

Choose which ever shape you went with for the body on the slider sets and Build.

It will generate the hands or the feet for your setup.

And you are correct on the strange ones....

Bombshell (and probably Cherry Hot) use the 1 size for both high and low on the hands and the feet.

Dream Girl and Top Model use the 0 for both high and low on hands and feet.

Most of the other Sevenbase body types use a 0 for the low and a 1 for the high (lets see... cleavage, original, demonfet, natural, oppai, b cup.... yeah most of them).

Been playing for a little bit, I didn't think I would have time today... but the build went quicker then I thought it would.

So I got some play time in with my little Drangonslut and wouldn't you know it... she was so horny she fell out of the bed playing with herself.

post-321913-0-27856000-1418162502_thumb.jpg

Still getting a little bit of a bend in the elbows at extreme angles (like where the arm is nearly on itself)... but that could just be in the animation (I'm currently not sure).

Oh and just for Shitz'n Giggles her with Clothes on

post-321913-0-48708900-1418162679_thumb.jpg

Question on the pregnancy slider. In BodySlide, it looks great. In-game, not so much, that is, b3lisario's pregnancy UNPB body looked better. Here they are, in that order:

post-368191-0-00051800-1418211908_thumb.png post-368191-0-89091300-1418211914_thumb.jpg post-368191-0-97538800-1418211919_thumb.jpg

Is this something that can be fixed? Or is there another reason? E.g. I can imagine that so far, pregnancy bodies have worked by their own method of inflation the belly, instead of by manipulating a belly bone which might not have existed at that point.

Other than that, your project is great, loving it!!

Question on the pregnancy slider. In BodySlide, it looks great. In-game, not so much, that is, b3lisario's pregnancy UNPB body looked better. Here they are, in that order:

attachicon.gifpreg unpb unified studio.PNG attachicon.gifpreg unpb unified.jpg attachicon.gifpreg unpb b3lisario.jpg

Is this something that can be fixed? Or is there another reason? E.g. I can imagine that so far, pregnancy bodies have worked by their own method of inflation the belly, instead of by manipulating a belly bone which might not have existed at that point.

Other than that, your project is great, loving it!!

Pregnancy mods do not use the Body Slide Slider as that would actually affect the mesh.

They affect the "NPC Belly" Bone and depending on how it is painted it may not extend as far as most would want.

I will have to look at B3lisario's weight painting to see how he panted.

And by that I mean what vertices were covered and the intensity of the covered area.

are you by any chance using the plus version?

seems the upper pubic region doesn't really bend with the rest of he belly...

See answer to the above. I actually don't use pregnancy mods so I never see my characters belly distort.

I am gettimg some neckseam issues and i am thinking that the head mesh i am using may be the cause.

Is there any head mesh you could recommend?

I actually use Citrus High Poly Head "Stand Alone" version.

I would use the full version but it would take to long to rebuild the face gen data for all of the npc's in my setup.

Things to note: That I forgot to put in the OP after adding all those sliders.

If you are using a 1 weight body as a 0 then flip the neck seam slider to 100.

If you are using a 0 weight body as a 1 then flip the neck seam slider to -100 (have to type that in manually).

That might help out.

But if you are using a 0 weight body for a 0 then don't touch the neck seam slider as it is only for using a 1 as a 0 or a 0 as a 1...

just noticed something weird about my hands:

post-89553-0-02138200-1418231881_thumb.jpg

its the same effect for halo's original high poly and the ones from Unified UNP, so i'm rather stumped...

Also, is there an easy way to copy a weight from a bone of one side X-mirrored to to the corresponding on the other side? the reason i ask, is that RUAr is less "bendy" on the elbow, causing a spike artifact on total bend while as LUAr doesn't do that, apart from that the DG weights are pretty much perfect.

just noticed something weird about my hands:

attachicon.gifenb 2014_12_10 00_03_52_25.jpg

its the same effect for halo's original high poly and the ones from Unified UNP, so i'm rather stumped...

Also, is there an easy way to copy a weight from a bone of one side X-mirrored to to the corresponding on the other side? the reason i ask, is that RUAr is less "bendy" on the elbow, causing a spike artifact on total bend while as LUAr doesn't do that, apart from that the DG weights are pretty much perfect.

For the hand, it's is actually Halo's hand mesh and bone layout. So if it breaks then it is nothing I did.

That being said, it looks to be a combination of the animation that balls the fist for combat, along with the mesh (if the bones are not in the right spot then they will probably push the finger tip part of the mesh thru the hand part of the mesh.

Other strange shit:

I was playing with the UNP Tribal Tattoo RM overlay earlier and couldn't get the hand or feet textures to take (have no idea what the hell is causing that, cause I've used them before with Halo's hands and feet).... might be they are trying to overlay on the nails instead of the hand? Not sure.

Now for bones, there isn't any way that I know of to get a Right Bone to copy the bone weighting in a mirrored affect for a left bone (it would make shit easier if it did though).

Probably due to the vertices name and location. It would be nice if there was a way, but it would probably call for Blender or Max (and then be scripted and have to be tweaked any time the base body is changed).

The best bet is to look at the bone that does the bend correctly on arm a and try to mimic the weight painting of bone a with bone b on arm b.... you would need to adjust the brush settings in OS to a smaller size to do a finer painting and make sure X mirror is off.

It's my first time using an UNP body, but I'm so far very satisfied with it.

However, I have some problem of distorted belly when an actor is using certain furnitures or is in ragdoll mode.

I've attached a screenshot showing such a problem with ZaZWheel furniture. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Looks like there's an issue with the skelly. Are you using xpmse 2.14?

No, that should be the correct one... Is it only happening with some Furnitures?

You could try with 2.20, but you would have to replace the Skelleton in Bodyslide (res/skelletonfemale_xpmse.nif if memory serves right) and re-generate the bodies.

No, it also happens when the character ragdolls (i.e. applyHavokImpulse)

I'll try 2.20 then. Thanks for the help! :)

Hmm beats me, the only time i had a similar issue, i had another skelleton loaded after xpmse, so i'd double ckeck in MO that nothing is overwriting xpmse.

(if you use Dual Sheat Redux, be sure to run the patcher.)

also yet another possibility (even more likely):

what xml are you using and how are you linking it?

if you link it in the head nif? because the bodies link to the default.xml, if you have a custom named one linked in the head mesh, this could also be a cause.